Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-22-2014, 12:00 PM

Posts here so I don't lose it.

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 02-22-2014, 07:08 PM

How could you lose it Cora? Its in my signature?

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 02-22-2014, 07:11 PM

Danke, I'm gonna think about these while I'm at work. Of course for Maggie's all I can think of is Horseshoe crabs. XD
Oh well. time for my thinkin cap. and to head off to work.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 02-22-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunna Dea View Post
~Lunna's Question~
Round 3
if you could meet the Ghost of any one who would it be and why?
Okay, so when I saw this my eyes immediately darted towards my bookshelf. Being the literature geek that I am, I want definitely want to meet an author. Here lies my problem: Who?! I have read tons of novels, many of which were written years before I was a thought! Out of those novels (and this makes my choice a bit easier) few have left me speechless. Literally. I love most of them, but there are just some that have such an impact on me that, when I close the book after finishing, I sit silently for a few minutes. I thought about those books for a while and finally came to a conclusion. I wasn't surprised at all, because in most of my literary discussions, this man's name is brought up atleast once. And I have said on an occasion that I would like to share a cup of tea with him. J.R.R Tolkien, creator of Middle Earth.
Here's a man that I would love to talk to. I mean, when I saw the movies I was blown away and made a promise to read the books. When I finally did, they kicked my ass! After recovering I came up with so many questions that I wanted to ask him and even though I did some research and got some answers, I know that it would never have been the same as hearing the man himself talk about his work. Reading about it is all well and good, but the little intricacies would be missing. You can tell a lot from the way a person says something, sometimes a lot more than what they're saying. Anyway I've rambled, so yes, I would like to meet Prof. Tolkien just to here him talk about his masterpiece.

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 02-22-2014, 08:51 PM

Alrighty, I have updated the thread with the changes that Lunna and I discussed over the event. For those of you who have already answered, no worries, but if you're about to answer, please use the form from now on. It just makes things a little easier for us.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-22-2014, 09:40 PM

Yep so much easier. Then I can just surch for that and find them all.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-22-2014, 10:40 PM

no question hummy leaves lurves for y'all

steelmagghia

Old 02-22-2014, 10:44 PM

Yay! We get hummy loves!

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-23-2014, 05:49 AM

I'm answering Steelmagghia's Question!

Hemocyanin? Check. A hardened skull plate? Ok... and lays eggs.... is it a horseshoe crab? Because I think it's a horseshoe crab.
ok onto the inventions. uh... First invention would be spear or bident, because giant space horseshoe crabs need to hunt. And hunting other space seacreatures is hard, they're slippery and hydro-dynamically evolved. Second invention would be a rotisserie cooker for cooking the caught space seacreatures. And third would be barbecue sauce, after that someone invented soda and beer and their race stagnated, only with minor bursts of forward momentum in the creation of the surf board and the margarita.
Ok so my space race of horseshoe crabs turned into beach bums. *shrugs shoulders*

steelmagghia

Old 02-23-2014, 06:00 AM

*snrk* Haha, I love you Longcat. I'll admit, I was tooootally thinking of a anthropomorphized horseshoe crab. You win all the cookies for that.
And I think I will be announcing my winner sometime tomorrow.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-23-2014, 06:35 AM

Evening I will be on the rest of this night and tomorrow at my usual times.

---------- Post added 02-23-2014 at 02:44 AM ----------

Well it looks like I am Short by one..... SO PEOPLE GET YOUR ANSWER IN!!!! deadline moved to 21 hours from now.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 02-23-2014, 02:23 PM

I'm answering Lunna's Question!
If I could meet the ghost of anyone I would want to meet Cleopatra the Queen from Ancient Eqypt, legend has it Cleopatra was a beautiful woman but as far as I'm aware, there are no artworks, scultures or any type of visual depiction of her from her time....so I would like to meet her mainly to confirm whether the rumours of her supposed beauty are true in my own opinion and also if what was considered beautiful in her time would still be the same in our modern age.

If I could speak to her ghost I'd also ask what she knows about the construction of the pyramids in Eqypt.

steelmagghia

Old 02-24-2014, 12:56 AM

Okay, time to announce the winner of my ridiculously hard question!
Or should I say winners, actually.
Ling: wins for coming up with pretty brilliant inventions and ~LONGCAT~: wins for guess the creature I based the aliens off of. Hahaha.
Both of you can have either 75 gold, oooor, one of the items I'm about to post on the front page. Ping me or PM me your responses, please!

Lunna Dea

Old 02-24-2014, 01:00 AM

You now have prizes for our front page? Or are they the left over ones from the event.... I should just go look at front page.

steelmagghia

Old 02-24-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunna Dea View Post
You now have prizes for our front page? Or are they the left over ones from the event.... I should just go look at front page.
Leftovers from the event and also extra items I bought specifically for our thready. :) I'll update it as we get more prizes.

It's on post 6. :)

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 02-24-2014, 02:19 AM

Thanks soo much steelmagghia: I'm glad you like my response, could I please have the pair of white pants if they're female or the red wrap item if the pants are male only?

steelmagghia

Old 02-24-2014, 02:20 AM

The pants are female. I shall send them to you!

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-24-2014, 02:45 AM

As a interpretive naturalist I am abstaining from answering Maggie's newest question. It just wouldn't be fair. :P
I will take ze gold for making beach bum horseshoe crabs.

steelmagghia

Old 02-24-2014, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
As a interpretive naturalist I am abstaining from answering Maggie's newest question. It just wouldn't be fair. :P
I will take ze gold for making beach bum horseshoe crabs.
Hahahaha, yeaaah, that is true. You probably know more about it than I do.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-24-2014, 03:26 AM

I'm answering Lunna's Question!

Robert Downey Jr.
You never said that the ghost had to be of someone currently dead. :P Anyways, I feel like he would be a very fun ghost. My old roommate and I used to watch Ghost Adventures and plan out how we would haunt things. It mostly involved playing dumb tricks on TAPS, like light switch raves and ordering pizza. From some of his interviews it seems like he would really enjoy being part of this. And we could make this into a really good TV show. XD

SPOILERX

steelmagghia

Old 02-24-2014, 03:35 AM

Hahaha. Oh lordy Longcat! I'm dying from those pictures.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-24-2014, 04:06 AM

Those are some really funny pictures.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-24-2014, 05:35 AM

:3 As I am a creature of the internet, I have all the good pictures. :P

Lunna Dea

Old 02-24-2014, 05:38 AM

and thank you so kindly for putting them under the Spoiler bar... on my computer they would have killed it, on my nook I can open the Spoiler.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-24-2014, 05:51 AM

:3 Of course! Spoilers are fantastic for pictures, gives a sense of drama too. *eyebrow waggle*