AbsolutionBot
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-02-2008, 01:13 AM

Anyone here following Marvel's Secret Invasion? The last part is supposed to come out this week (been delayed for a few weeks). I won't be able to read it until next week probably though -- there are no comic shops within twenty minutes of my college :/

But anyway, what's everyone think of it?

Personally, I think the story was good in concept, but so-so in execution. The main series kind of dragged on longer than it probably should have -- could have easily been put into five or six issues rather than eight. But overall, I like the idea of the secret invasion (maybe it's the writer in me that loves mind-screws like that).

Last edited by fiarra; 02-16-2009 at 02:23 AM..

Degnne
Child of Atom

Old 03-21-2009, 02:39 AM

Having read the trade when it came out, I can say it was alright. The art was great. As far as Bendis-written events go, House of M was a lot better, I think.

There is, however, one thing for which I will be grateful that Secret Invasion brought about: Captain Britain and MI 13, one of the best books being published today.

AbsolutionBot
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-21-2009, 02:43 AM

I enjoyed House of M a whole lot more, too. But like I said, I think the actual concept was great.

Gah, I've been meaning to pick of Captain Britain because every one's saying it's amazing, but I always forget. I'm defiantly going to get it in trade though.

Degnne
Child of Atom

Old 03-22-2009, 01:41 AM

Yeah, I did like the idea of Secret Invasion. It just could have been executed better, I think.

Yes, you should read Captain Britain because it is amazing.

Rowan Titus
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-11-2009, 11:42 PM

Secret Invasion was okay as a concept, but the ending was just terrible. Also, it would have been a hell of a lot better had the whole Civil War story-line before had just never happened. House of M was better written and executed, but the after effects of that story was just so damn exhausting!