ButterflyDemise
Cupcake Zombie

Old 03-04-2010, 09:27 PM

When it comes to normal anime/manga: Usually anime, because I like watching things move with colors and sound XD It keeps my attention.

As for yaoi anime/manga: Manga, because even though I find yaois uber sexy, I feel a little odd watching them, haha.

chocojax

Old 03-05-2010, 03:44 AM

For me, reading manga is much better than watching anime. Mostly because for me, reading it takes little time, while anime is just... long.

But, in a less personal sense, I guess,
Manga would be better to tell the story, and to put tons of detail into the art. There would be much more scenes that let you learn more about the character or the events and the such.
Anime would be better to show action. Action stories are much cooler in animated form, because you can see it move, right? If it was just a story that focuses mostly on the character relationships and events, it wouldn't be as good as an action show. ...I think?

orz
Oh, and you can read manga if you don't have your computer or a tv with you. And it's silent, so you won't bother anyone, which is something that I totally like.

rikapyon

Old 03-06-2010, 02:25 AM

MANGA fo sho
it includes all the details, and since most anime are based on manga, of course it would be better.
plus anime has to keep the watchers interested for a long time which means that they would try to extend airtime by putting in stupid filler episodes that have nothing to do with the actual plot. those are so irritating.

oOShintaroLoverOo
♫ Ri&...

Old 03-06-2010, 03:53 AM

Hm, I'm not too sure. I love both. Usually the manga has better art and there's more of the story liine added to it...

Krokodil
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Krokodil Send a message via MSN to Krokodil

Old 03-09-2010, 07:32 PM

MANGA
I hate watching anime, I'm too lazy for that and most of the time it just has fillers and it gets annoying

THOUGH THE ANIME FOR ONE PIECE DOESN'T COUNT. It is my favorite series ever! I mainly read the manga but I've watched a few episodes here and there. I LOVE the anime too because it feels so good to hear the character's voices. I also don't mind the fillers because they're pretty funny.

SugarRos
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to SugarRos

Old 03-12-2010, 06:14 PM

Manga outdoes anime a 99% of the time. But it's the same exact thing as asking if you enjoy the original books over the movie adaption. The movie/anime adaptions can never really capture what makes the manga/book truely great.

However, I refuse to read manga that's based off an already-made anime. If a manga cover says: "Based off the hit anime!" I won't even pick it up.

Lokie
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2010, 09:49 AM

To be honest it completely depends on the series. I don't find that there is a universal for this. Plus I think there are a lot of series where both are equal, sometimes because it's the same thing (true to heart series) and sometimes because the manga and the anime are continuations of each other and not actually the same.

amam2217
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-21-2010, 03:52 AM

I prefer manga. Not only can I get through a story much faster, but more detail is covered and I'm able to look closely at all the art detail. The story also lasts longer through a manga. [Except for in Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z's case, when the anime was much, much longer than the manga.]

Xerryn

Old 03-22-2010, 04:49 AM

Both are very good, but I prefer manga by quite a bit. It's often easier to understand, it's the original thing (sometimes the anime differs from the manga), and I prefer manga art.

Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-25-2010, 12:29 AM

Manga tends to be better because they go into more detail about things and even have other stories or side plots going on where as in the anime it never gets mentioned. The endings of series that end up with 20-25 episodes tend to get rushed and rushed together.

That being said, I do tend to watch anime far more than read manga. But I'm picking up on reading more manga now. Every time I finish an anime, I go look into the manga. The only anime I've seen that actually live up to par with the manga would be Death Note and Axis Powers: Hetalia.

Frawesome
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-29-2010, 11:03 PM

Depends on the way I fel at the moment, manga is really good and I never get bored of it, but anime can be great too.

neechee
咬み殺す...
Send a message via AIM to neechee Send a message via MSN to neechee

Old 06-28-2010, 11:19 PM

manga is always better. except in mai-hime ew. but i like to read the manga and always watch the anime,
because i suck at imagining voices $: so all the characters have my voice if i haven't watch the anime xD
ahah . yeah , and anime openings and endings and osts and everything that has to do with SOUND is
pretty awesome too . :b

IndigoRose
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2010, 09:27 AM

Basically, I prefer manga because I can actually read it without having to have a tv round. Also, I really hate english dubbing of anime =]

koshkatamara
Tamara

Old 07-08-2010, 02:37 AM

I love both but I usually read manga because its easier to start and stop whenever you need to. And I often can't watch anime when my parents are around (they don't exactly like manga/anime...long and complicated story thing, so please don't ask) so its easier to just open up a new page and go back then having to exit out or pause. And I think that there are just so many more manga's than anime. But I still love to watch a good anime when I can.

IadulDraculai
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-08-2010, 11:17 PM

I personally prefer Manga, just becuase I can read a little bit and come back, and I can take it anywhere I go.
I have a little bit of beef with anime, while I still like it, my objection is the Japanese use Chinese and Korean slave labor to produce it.

Tezonic
Nom Nom Nom
Send a message via MSN to Tezonic

Old 07-09-2010, 12:10 AM

I actually like both. Manga, for the detail, the better pictures, more background on some pages, etc. However, Anime is less time consuming to fit in my schedule. I can easily multitask and listen to dubbed anime(I know it's not great, but I do it anyways.) Gets the task done, while enjoying some form of anime. I'm really shaky on which one I like more, so I'll stick with the "switzerland" position and choose both. :)

Sien

Old 07-10-2010, 12:29 AM

I'd say manga for the most part. I like the art style in general and manga has it in better details than what one would find in anime. The stories also tend to be more indepth in a manga since anime's time to develop is limited by how much money they're willing to spend on workers and on the time slot. Not that anime is without it's good points: I would rather watch an anime of a 20+ volume manga if only because I just don't have the patience to sit down and read all of it.