Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 04-05-2007, 05:06 PM

When I first started reading this manga, I literally could not put it down until I finished the last volume. This series is absolutely captivating, and I adore it.

Gally is such an interesting character. With so much range of emotion, you can really experience all the pain she goes through and you grow up with her as she goes through her trails and turmoils.

As for the second set of manga that have come out, it still isn't as caliber as the orginal set.

What did you like about Gunnm/Battle Angel?
Who's your favorite character and why?
What scene do you remember the most?
All other tidbts <3

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 04-05-2007, 05:58 PM

humm i actually borrowed a few of the manga of this from a friend. the story was good but i was more interested in the art style (its really beautiful) though he didn't have all of it and i cant seem to make myself buy a manga half way through without having all the manga ^^;;

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-05-2007, 10:04 PM

I loved the first series. I started on Last Order, but I didn't have the money at the time to finish it. I'm looking forward to when I have the money to collect them all again because it was such a great story. Flan of victory! (or whatever Dr. Nova had, hehe)

And in case you haven't heard, James Cameron is making a live action/CGI movie of it. It's his next project after his current one, slated for 2010, I believe. He's a huge fan, so let's hope it doesn't go the way of most other live action anime films xP Or, for that matter, Cameron's attempt at Spider-Man.

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 04-06-2007, 02:48 AM

Ah yes, I've heard of it.

James Cameron though, I can only hope and pray they find the right person to play Gally. I adore her character so much.

Last Order! I couldn't remember the name of the new series. XD;; I really don't like it AS much as the first set... but I get as much as I can afford.

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-08-2007, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris
Ah yes, I've heard of it.

James Cameron though, I can only hope and pray they find the right person to play Gally. I adore her character so much.

Well, Cameron has stated that he wants to make her a fully CGI character, which I'm not sure is the best decision, but if anyone can pull it off, he can. I don't think he's stated if it'll be CGI-enhanced motion capture like Gollum or Davy Jones, or if he's going to try and create something from scratch. Probably (hopefully) the former.

mai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-08-2007, 12:16 PM

one of my favorite manga. I love both the art and the story, though I don't get very far with last order since I kinda skip here and there with the chapters ^^;;

<3 gally.

light
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-09-2007, 12:22 PM

one of my favourite mangas. awesome story line. deep characters. great art.

makes me bask in goo of happy

XD

starr111
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-18-2009, 09:55 AM

I don't know what it is. But I'll add it to my list of animes I want to watch and/or mangas I want to read if I find out what it's about and if it's my type of anime/manga.