R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-13-2023, 08:19 PM

lol that's fair. I also cry easily. Sometimes my husband will come home or come find me somewhere in the house and I'm curled up bawling while reading a book. I get so attached to the characters! Especially when in my younger years I'd read VC Andrews, she always killed off her main characters. It's like the original Game of Thrones, the minute you like a character, they are gone.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-13-2023, 08:33 PM

lol Awww. XD Oh man, I don't think I could read those books. I hated when JK Rowling killed off characters! Just made me angry. D:<

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-13-2023, 08:45 PM

HAHA It makes me angry too, but I'm a sucker and I read them anyways.

Talking about JK Rowling, have you read The Christmas Pig by her? Our Elf brought that to Autym last Christmas (2021) and it was SO good!!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-13-2023, 09:17 PM

No, I have not, but I've seen the book and its illustrations. Seems like a funny story. I feel like it has a story about ornaments that come to life? Is that right?

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-13-2023, 09:23 PM

So it's about what happens when you lose a toy, how they travel to the "Land of the Lost Toys" and await being found so that they can leave that land and come back to you. And if the toy/item is very lost it goes to different parts of the world. And then it's about a boy who enters the world acting as an action figure to find his lost pig.

It's SUPER cute and very well written! I recommend it for sure!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-13-2023, 10:21 PM

Huh, interesting. Maybe someday. > o>

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-14-2023, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
lol that's fair. I also cry easily. Sometimes my husband will come home or come find me somewhere in the house and I'm curled up bawling while reading a book. I get so attached to the characters! Especially when in my younger years I'd read VC Andrews, she always killed off her main characters. It's like the original Game of Thrones, the minute you like a character, they are gone.
I am toooootally a crier. I cry so easily in books and movies. My sister was making fun of me for crying over Harry Potter just the other day. She was like "you've seen this a hundred times now" and I'm like "but its still so saaaaaad"

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 01-14-2023, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Oh my gosh Ruby! I’m watching Wednesday too and I also didn’t think I’d be a huge fan (I don’t really enjoy creepy stuff), but it’s so good!! I think I have 3 episodes left.
Oh hey we're at the same spot! :D I just watched the first of the last 3 and I was wrong!!! I mean I got part of it right but I was wrong

I saw the clip of her dancing and her talking about how she studied a bunch of material to get things perfect and that made me be like "okay, I'll watch it and see what it's like" AND THEN THERE WAS DARK HUMOR AND A MYSTERY?! MY FAVORITE THINGS!? So yeah, I'm hooked

NO ONE SPOIL THIS FOR ME OR I'LL.....BE UPSETTISPAGHETTI

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-14-2023, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Oh hey we're at the same spot! :D I just watched the first of the last 3 and I was wrong!!! I mean I got part of it right but I was wrong

I saw the clip of her dancing and her talking about how she studied a bunch of material to get things perfect and that made me be like "okay, I'll watch it and see what it's like" AND THEN THERE WAS DARK HUMOR AND A MYSTERY?! MY FAVORITE THINGS!? So yeah, I'm hooked

So like the total spoilers - Wednesday is like secretly an alien and she marries her pet dog. It was totally out of left field in the very last episode, nobody saw it coming. *has never seen a single episode*

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
I am toooootally a crier. I cry so easily in books and movies. My sister was making fun of me for crying over Harry Potter just the other day. She was like "you've seen this a hundred times now" and I'm like "but its still so saaaaaad"
Oh my gosh I feel this so much! Every time I get to the scene where Dumbledore sees how much Snape has always loved Lily, I just tear up a bit lol. "After all this time? Always." is my favourite quote ever!

Quote:

I'm hoping to finish it this weekend!! I love when a show isn't as predictable as I thought, that's the best feeling of surprise!!

LOL UPSETTISPAGHETTI

Quote:
So like the total spoilers - Wednesday is like secretly an alien and she marries her pet dog. It was totally out of left field in the very last episode, nobody saw it coming. *has never seen a single episode*

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-15-2023, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Oh my gosh I feel this so much! Every time I get to the scene where Dumbledore sees how much Snape has always loved Lily, I just tear up a bit lol. "After all this time? Always." is my favourite quote ever!
Gaaaawd, even just thinking about that makes me tear up. The death of Sirius too.

R u b y

Old 01-15-2023, 03:03 AM

Quote:
CORA HOW COULD YOU

#UpsettiSpaghetti

Last edited by R u b y; 01-15-2023 at 03:05 AM..

R u b y

Old 01-15-2023, 03:06 AM

Quote:
I'm hoping to finish it this weekend!! I love when a show isn't as predictable as I thought, that's the best feeling of surprise!!

LOL UPSETTISPAGHETTI

Yes!! I'm usually pretty good at figuring stuff out way before it happens (my mom too) so when I can't figure things out right away I love it!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-15-2023, 03:08 AM

Quote:
CORA HOW COULD YOU

#UpsettiSpaghetti
Looks down at said upset Spaghetti. "Right then, moving along"

*Is a total bratface*

That said, I do really want to watch Wednesday. I'm making steady Progress on Stranger Things, so maybe soon.

R u b y

Old 01-15-2023, 03:09 AM

I highly recommend it! It's so good! I'll have to go back to Stranger Things after I finish Wednesday

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Gaaaawd, even just thinking about that makes me tear up. The death of Sirius too.
The death of Sirius still gets me every time as well!
Quote:
Yes!! I'm usually pretty good at figuring stuff out way before it happens (my mom too) so when I can't figure things out right away I love it!
Ha exactly same here. I usually say out loud "Ah you clever fox!" when I am surprised lol

R u b y

Old 01-15-2023, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Ha exactly same here. I usually say out loud "Ah you clever fox!" when I am surprised lol
-show does something left field-
us:

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 03:32 AM

HA! Exactly that!!

I can't even remember the last time I was thrown off in surprise this like...*thinks*

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-15-2023, 04:18 AM

Quote:
I highly recommend it! It's so good! I'll have to go back to Stranger Things after I finish Wednesday
I finally FINALLY am on the last episode of S3, so I might start S4 this weekend!

Quote:
In the books Sirius was my favorite character so I always have this eternal heartbreak when he dies.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 04:22 AM

I completely understand! I actually have never read the books! They are on my list to do this year lol

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-15-2023, 04:55 AM

I will ALWAYS recommend the books, to anything. Very rarely is a movie better. The movies in this case were good, and there is a few exceptions in them that I actually thought the movies did better but the movies left out quite a bit, And at times made really weird choices.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 02:04 PM

That’s fair! Truthfully, I only haven’t read the books because when I started to enjoy reading I had already seen a couple movies and I knew the books would be better. So I opted to not read the books until every movie had come out. That way I’d love the movies, then I’d love the books. But…after the last movie came out I sort of just never got around to reading the books lol. They are on my 2023 list though!

R u b y

Old 01-15-2023, 05:59 PM

Quote:
HA! Exactly that!!

I can't even remember the last time I was thrown off in surprise this like...*thinks*
For real! And when I find those I love them so much more

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-16-2023, 01:50 AM

Quote:
That’s fair! Truthfully, I only haven’t read the books because when I started to enjoy reading I had already seen a couple movies and I knew the books would be better. So I opted to not read the books until every movie had come out. That way I’d love the movies, then I’d love the books. But…after the last movie came out I sort of just never got around to reading the books lol. They are on my 2023 list though!
That's totally fair! I was that way with The Hunger Games, I still have not read them. Because I had wanted to watch the movies first and I just never found time after that.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-16-2023, 02:47 PM

Quote:
For real! And when I find those I love them so much more
IT JUST HAPPENED! LOL I posted before I got to this part in the book. So this weekend I finished my 6th book of the year: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. And about 3/4 way through the book, they dropped a little secret that had me completely taken by surprise. And it was exciting! And then they continued talking about it until the end of the book and I was just so jazzed haha! It was just a little secret about a character, but damn it was good LOL

Quote:
That's totally fair! I was that way with The Hunger Games, I still have not read them. Because I had wanted to watch the movies first and I just never found time after that.
Ohhh those are good books!! I just finished the prequel before Christmas and it was not good. So I recommend only reading the original 3 books when you do LOL!