fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 04-26-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Spirit Girl View Post
I'm still confused.

When I click on my name up in the right hand corner above the games tab to go to my profile, the tabs I see on my profile read "Visitor messages", "About me", "Statistics", "Friends", and "Contact info".
I don't see it either. So my guess is that you can't see it unless you have already been issued points.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 04-26-2008, 07:25 PM

Yes, you do not see the Infractions tab unless you have warnings. :D

BrokenHearted
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 04-26-2008, 07:35 PM

The first post doesn't say anything about previously banned members. I believe the old rule was banned members could come back but if they broke a rule or were reported, then they were instantly rebanned. Is this changed with the new system?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-26-2008, 08:02 PM

We haven't got to everyones Warnings yet. Staff is steadily working its way through reissuing them, so sorry for the delay if you don't have yours yet. x_x;

Previously banned users have been banned again on the new system.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-26-2008, 09:01 PM

Broken, this is to do with the warning system not previously banned members.

But it's been a rule for a while that previously banned users are not welcome to come back.

Mozz etc..we'll probably add a seperate warning for art theft actually, the plagiarism one is specific to the literature forum, because so many people abuse the system in there by pasting reams of someone else's work for massive amounts of gold. Art theft doesn't earn the same level of gold, so it shouldn't come under the plagiarism umbrella.

Alexis..whatever your warning was for, it will have been legitimate :yes: and warnings are issued for breaking the sites rules, those aren't the same as the T.o.S.

The rules are in the FAQs tab on your dashboard.

BrokenHearted
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 04-26-2008, 09:04 PM

Le sigh.....no one gets me. My question is: If you are a previously banned member, back on a new account. Is the old way of "you're back on a new account but if you make a mistake kiss it goodbye" still in play OR......do these people have this new warning system as well?

Does anyone get what I am asking? ^^;

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-26-2008, 09:14 PM

No, those back on new accounts prior to the rule about never coming back being added...

the warning system does not apply. you get one shot and one shot only.

BrokenHearted
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 04-26-2008, 09:16 PM

Thank you for answering my question Juru. <3

Mozzetti
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-26-2008, 09:57 PM

Jelly - oh I see. I guess I just wasn't aware of the going-ons in the lit forum! gracias~

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 04-27-2008, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzla View Post
Yes, you do not see the Infractions tab unless you have warnings. :D
Pshew! :sweat: Thank you for letting me know, Sizzla. :angel:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-27-2008, 01:23 AM

Mozz, you wouldn't believe the stunts people pull in there!

which is why the punishment is harsh for plagiarism..

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-27-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Mozz, you wouldn't believe the stunts people pull in there!

which is why the punishment is harsh for plagiarism..
Is it really that bad? I wouldn't have thought so..most of the people here seem really nice...

Otohime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-27-2008, 01:36 AM

I don't get why Trolling is so much higher than Flaming. In some cases, it's hard to tell which a user is doing. I think changing it to even a 500p offence would be better than just instaban.

Not that my opinion counts for anything, but just my two cents.

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 04-27-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otohime View Post
I don't get why Trolling is so much higher than Flaming. In some cases, it's hard to tell which a user is doing. I think changing it to even a 500p offence would be better than just instaban.

Not that my opinion counts for anything, but just my two cents.
I got 250p (permanent) for posting a sentence or two in a foreign language netting me 2-5g or so. And newbies get 250p (unofficial warning which go away after 28 days) for posting floods of spam?

lol....makes absolute sense to me! :sarcasm:

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 04-27-2008, 03:47 PM

But you're an older, experienced user that knows better, right? ;)

I think newbie spam is a judgement call. If they post some spam I'm going to give them the newbie warning, but if they keep on doing it -- and it's a LOT -- I'd probably give them a full-on spam warning regardless of their 'new' status.

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 04-27-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzla View Post
But you're an older, experienced user that knows better, right? ;)

I think newbie spam is a judgement call. If they post some spam I'm going to give them the newbie warning, but if they keep on doing it -- and it's a LOT -- I'd probably give them a full-on spam warning regardless of their 'new' status.
hello.................... :roll:

This is the rule I broke~

Quote:
Not quoting any pasted material
Which is unofficial, regardless of the language I posted this "material" as. It was pasted, and not conversational in any shape or form. ^___^=

(btw, I probably made more gold for that trail of elipses and the ^__^= emote combined than I did for the one or two sentences of Spanish I posted, and in typing this, I have made more than all three combined. Rather corrupt no?)

Last edited by Dare; 04-27-2008 at 04:01 PM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-27-2008, 06:59 PM

@Otohime: I agree there probably should be a "lower degree" warning for minor trolling, but the instant-ban version is there for those users who are clearly nothing but a troll or sock-puppet account that makes nothing but inflammatory threads and posts. You can generally tell which is which pretty easily. ^^

@Dare: Actually if I'm not mistaken, gold earning for punctuation was also disabled. :0 But that aside, I'm by no means trying to pick a fight. :3 I'm personally quite lenient on newbies, depending on how willing they are to listen, so I tend to award them unofficial warnings as joining Mene is a big step away from other site's they're familiar with. However, any older user, especially a former staff member, must be held completely accountable for to the rules because they're long since aware of them by now.

Otohime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-27-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
@Otohime: I agree there probably should be a "lower degree" warning for minor trolling, but the instant-ban version is there for those users who are clearly nothing but a troll or sock-puppet account that makes nothing but inflammatory threads and posts. You can generally tell which is which pretty easily. ^^
Oh, I agree with that completely. :yes: If that's the way it is, t'would probably be good to change the rules/whatever to reflect as such. :heart:

javachipster
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2008, 11:33 PM

can u get in trouble now for past posts? b/c i did. if u can get in trouble for past post with the new system this site will never see me again.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-27-2008, 11:37 PM

@javachipster: All the warnings that you might have accumulated on the old system still exist and had to be reentered into the new point system. You aren't getting "repunished" for something you did a long time ago, we just sent PMs notifying users of their current warnings that were already on record. :3