King
Wearer of glow-in-the-dark snowm...
Send a message via MSN to King

Old 02-17-2008, 06:49 PM

Wow, I never thought of something like that. New, totally different events from anything else anywhere! =O

I will definitely have to keep updating myself. Sounds so exciting!

KeyKey
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-17-2008, 07:01 PM

Thank you for this wonderful event I love it, and I think lots and lots users did it too

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 02-17-2008, 07:02 PM

No saint patrick's day event? Well that rumor was wrong that there would be one. Though now I'm a bit curious about all the changes, and wondering if there going to be good ones.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 02-17-2008, 07:05 PM

My birthday is St Patrick's Day, so I had been planing to have a birthday party thread in the event forum. v.v But now there will be no event, and no event forum.

King

Old 02-17-2008, 07:07 PM

Angel you could just hold one in the Menewsha Nation. I'm sure it will get just as much traffic.

BrokenHearted
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 02-17-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito
mainland holidays such as St. Patrick's Day and Easter will be recognised; but there won't be any events to commemorate them.
So does these mean there isn't going to be events for these two holidays? :?

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-17-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHearted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito
mainland holidays such as St. Patrick's Day and Easter will be recognised; but there won't be any events to commemorate them.
So does these mean there isn't going to be events for these two holidays? :?
No St. Patty's event!!!!
NOOO! : (
TT^TT

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 02-17-2008, 07:29 PM

No St. Patrick's Day or Easter events? That stinks. :( Why not?

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-17-2008, 07:34 PM

I wonder if Menewshans celebrate different holidays at those times?

Are we getting like, holidays known to menewshans?

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 02-17-2008, 07:36 PM

Why does it 'stink' Eve??

That's a rather negative attitude I have to say. We celebrate our own holidays on Menewsha, we are going to share those with you instead.

King

Look at it in a different perspective. If you have been on other sites you would realize these events are way overused, and could cause mass chaos because they are bunched up together. Now Menewsha will have unique events that won't only attract others but it will make for unique items. She said they will be recognized, so that means there will be something, just not anything big.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Based on the majority of the feedback we have received from the userbase it seems that people wanted us to do something different and unique from all of the other avatar sites and specifically for Menewsha... so that is what we are going to do.

Rasengan
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-17-2008, 07:37 PM

But we are still having an event close to those days? They will just be different?

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 02-17-2008, 07:40 PM

It says in Seito's post when the upcoming games and events will be *nods*

BrokenHearted
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 02-17-2008, 07:42 PM

Mr. Mayor - It "stinks" because she was looking forward to having a st. patrick's day event with lots of new green items. :?

Personally, I think not having those events may cause the previous event items for those holidays to skyrocket in price since there will not be new ones to acquire. Did anyone think about the economy or just trying to be "different"? :o

nike13
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-17-2008, 07:43 PM

Wow it's going to be really busy here ^__^ Nice to hear about all the plans, I'm really curious to find out what the old traditions of the island are.

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-17-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHearted
Mr. Mayor - It "stinks" because she was looking forward to having a st. patrick's day event with lots of new green items. :?

Personally, I think not having those events may cause the previous event items for those holidays to skyrocket in price since there will not be new ones to acquire. Did anyone think about the economy or just trying to be "different"? :o
That's the only thing I was weary about when I read that.
But really, there is nothing you can do to conquer inflation, it will always happen whether we like it or not.

BrokenHearted
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 02-17-2008, 07:45 PM

CLAMP - Yes but that doesn't mean we should contribute to it. And some of us weren't here for the first st. patrick or easter event and maybe we wanted to participate in one.

Juru - I don't think many people who were saying they wanted to celebrate unique things meant to do away with more traditional ones in order to do it.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-17-2008, 07:48 PM

Well, whatever we do will not make everyone happy. If we were to go with a St Patty event, people would scream about copying other avatar sites and not being original. We try to be original and people are upset because they don't get to have their traditional St Patty event. Sorry, but we have decided against having an event.

Nowhere does it say anything about items though... ;) And yes, the previous year's event items may skyrocket, as might the VDay items since there are mixed reviews about this year's items. That can't be helped. Inflation is going to happen.

If we as staff wanted to, we could reissue those items and deflate them completely. Not only would that be worse for our economy, it wouldn't be fair to those people that have paid through the nose to get them (not to mention unethical on our part).

In the future there will be more ways to obtain gold and there will be more gold in circulation. It's a balancing act.

BrokenHearted
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 02-17-2008, 07:53 PM

Juru - I don't see how people complaining about us copying other sites with st patrick's would have much of a leg to stand on considering we've had one before and it would simply be us having an annual event.

And just to vent my own frustration, WHY can't people just relax and be secure in our own site and ignore people who say crap like that?

Back on topic: I never suggested we re-issue old items. :o

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 02-17-2008, 07:53 PM

I don't think just because other sites do a certain event that Menewsha has to stay away from having an event like it.
Gaia doesn't have a St. Patrick's day event anymore.

But I'm glad to hear there might be items for it. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mayor
Why does it 'stink' Eve??

That's a rather negative attitude I have to say. We celebrate our own holidays on Menewsha, we are going to share those with you instead.
Because you've had the Easter and St. Patrick events before... so why stop having them? I'm not being negative. I'm just disappointed to hear there won't be an event for those two holidays like last year.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-17-2008, 07:56 PM

I know you didn't. The point is, that over time the original VDay and St Patty day items ARE going to inflate, whether we have another event or not simply because there is a limited number of them. We've done what we can to make them available to the community but once our stock is depleted through the auction and the quest raffle, that's it. There aren't going to be anymore. Nothing is going to change that fact, event or not.

BrokenHearted
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 02-17-2008, 07:59 PM

Okay but my point is.....we now have two sets of vday stuff.....new people will have 12 items to choose from if they want to quest. If there are no more st. patrick's event items, then there are only 4 items for people to try to get.....they will be much higher in demand because they are the ONLY ones. :o

King

Old 02-17-2008, 08:00 PM

Broken; like Juru said more items for that holiday will be made, but not an actual event.

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-17-2008, 08:02 PM

Hmm, I asked this earlier, but.....do menewshans celebrate holidays we don't know about?

And if so are we going to experience some of those events in the future?

EDIT: Oh, so there may be items for the holiday, ok then. We always seem to associate events with items now don't we. xDDDDD