View Poll Results: how nice are you to noobs?
grrr... dumb noob go read a faq 42 18.83%
awww aren't you cute? you look so lost 190 85.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 10-15-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound Birdie View Post
No worries I get confused without being tired >.<

A WEEK? a WEEK is awesome I have completed maybe about 3 projects in my whole life that weren't paid for. and they were all kinda... I'll work on it for about a month then drop it.. the one I have posted right now was REALLY old and I just now am fixing it up w/ the ole tablet.
Oh no, I don't mind if you pop in to say hello or anything but I'll send it right after I buy them... you will just have to log in and it will be like "SURPRISE! SETS FOR YOU!" :)
:lol: I actually don't like doing commission work, because like, no matter how many compliments I get on my stuff, I don't feel like its good enough to get paid for, be it in virtual currency or otherwise. xD;
This is actually my sister's fault, for constantly picking apart my art and telling me all the time that its not good enough, every since I was a little kid, but. Meh. =_=
I really never will be as good as her, but the truth is she's a better artist than me, and besides that, we draw in completely different formats, but that doesn't mean she has to constantly rub it in my face. D:
o_o ANYWAY... I also like to just do free stuff because that means I can just do it on my time and not other people's time. Whereas, with a shop, people would come and order, and I'd have to do the art, no matter what else I wanted to be doing, which I don't like. xD

Ok yay, that sounds spiffy. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosho View Post
don't feel so bad, kita! 8D; i suck at finishing commissions that have no deadlines early XD;; i'm generally slow in drawing and lately i've been busy, too D; good luck though! you can do it! 8D
I've been busy too. @o@;
But its almost done! :boogie:
And then maybe I can start reading some of those books that my grandma has been pestering me about lately because "she doesn't want to waste her money on something I'm not going to read".
She complains if I read them to fast, then complains if I read them too slow? Gah. >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
LOL. Honestly - don't worry about it. :hug: You don't even want to know how long I've had some people wait for their art. It does not reflect positively on me. >_>; Even if it were paid artwork, I wouldn't start wondering about it until like... two months out, unless we'd agreed on a very specific date for it. XD
:lol: Ok, well, it will actually probably be done tomorrow! 8D (Don't quote me on that. xD)
I'm just afraid you'll expect it to be good or...something... >_>; And like I said, I don't care how many compliments I get, I won't really believe it. >_>;;
They're just mouse drawings done in Paint. D: They can't be that good.

Quote:
REALLY! Oh it's so nice to meet another OC user... they are so few and far between, every seems to use some kind of photoshop and well .. it wouldn't install ..plus my compy is old and likes tiny programs. I do have to say I use the watercolors the most as well... but I'm starting to experiment with a very Large pencil for more controlled shading. I also tend to use the add mode for my highlights and subtract for my shadow but I'll admit the colors are a little strange to work with....also once I accidentally compressed some layers when they weren't ready T.T so now that box gets quite long
Lol I had OC on my computer at one point. >_o
I really liked it. D:
But my computer is old and it used up too much of the memory, so my parents made me remove it. v_v -sniffle-

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 10-15-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Kitami View Post
:lol: I actually don't like doing commission work, because like, no matter how many compliments I get on my stuff, I don't feel like its good enough to get paid for, be it in virtual currency or otherwise. xD;
This is actually my sister's fault, for constantly picking apart my art and telling me all the time that its not good enough, every since I was a little kid, but. Meh. =_=
I really never will be as good as her, but the truth is she's a better artist than me, and besides that, we draw in completely different formats, but that doesn't mean she has to constantly rub it in my face. D:
o_o ANYWAY... I also like to just do free stuff because that means I can just do it on my time and not other people's time. Whereas, with a shop, people would come and order, and I'd have to do the art, no matter what else I wanted to be doing, which I don't like. xD

Ok yay, that sounds spiffy. :)
Lol I had OC on my computer at one point. >_o
I really liked it. D:
But my computer is old and it used up too much of the memory, so my parents made me remove it. v_v -sniffle-
I know exactly how you feel and I always see work that's so much nicer then mine *sniffle*
But that's very rude of your sister... there is a BIG difference between constructive criticism and un-needed berating. Can I see some of your art so I can judge for my self? :angel:
I do really understand about the pressure of a shop I want to set one up here as a joint shop... but I never feel like I won't be able to do what they want and it's a bit of pressure, but on the other hand I will be forced to finish! Wow your computer must be older then mine... :shock: or it could be you family has a bunch of programs that they really need?

`Kitami

Old 10-15-2008, 09:58 PM

My sister can be really rude and a total smart ass. :(

Um yeah. My deviantArt is here. But I think that's all stuff that I've sketched so, its all better than stuff that I do for people on the computer, IMO, because the drawings I give to people are just scribbled in Paint. xD;
The one in my signature is the most recent one of those and I did that for me and Thothy. :yes:

Yeah, ha. xD My computer is a windows 95 upgraded to a windows 98 by someone else. :cry:

Bound Birdie

Old 10-15-2008, 10:19 PM

Aww your stuff is cute! You have really good sense of shading! Do you use a tablet? There is no WAY I could ever do that in paint with a mouse. The only thing I could ever do in paint is pixel dolling, never anything like that! *shake's fist at your sister* she should be more supportive
Don't feel bad I only recently upgraded to Windows2000 >.< Though I do here that 98 is really the lest problematic of all the OS that windows produced so maybe your better off then all of us!

`Kitami

Old 10-16-2008, 12:34 AM

Hah, no its just a mouse. :sweat:
Thank you. ^^;
I wish I had a tablet. Or at least a scanner. D: lol

Yeah I wish she would be since I kinda admire and idolize her. But she isn't, never has been, and I doubt that she ever will be, so.... -sigh sigh-

Haha, really? xD That's funny. xP
But it sucks because. Well its not the OS, but this computer itself is about ready to kick the bucket I think. >_o -is scared-

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-16-2008, 04:35 AM

Quote:
REALLY! Oh it's so nice to meet another OC user... they are so few and far between, every seems to use some kind of photoshop and well .. it wouldn't install ..plus my compy is old and likes tiny programs.
Yeah - I have or have tried other art programs, but OpenCanvas has stayed my favorite... I'm going to try "SAI" sometime, though, as I hear that's also good. :) OC is also far less likely to crash and eat your work. XD;

Quote:
umm What file names are those? A girl told me once I could see them on a viewer but I didn't find it in the program. I would love to see them! I need all the help I can get >.<
I got one of the filenames wrong anyway. >_> ".wpe" files are the OpenCanvas1.1 files where you an watch an artist work on a picture. You can save one yourself by clicking the "Export" thing...... (The ".oe3" files are OpenCanvas 3+ version files. And since you don't have that, there's not much point in me uploading any. XD; )

I looked through all my .wpe files I still had and only found two I thought you'd be able to use to learn from... both are Legend of Zelda fanart pieces. XD;

If you like this image of Link and Navi then save-as on this .wpe file.

And if you like this picture of Shiek, then here is the .wpe file.

And if you'd like more, this thread on ConceptArts is all about sharing .wpe files. :3 And the artists who hang out there are way, way better than I am, I'm betting. (Assuming everyone who posts there has an account and all...)

Anyway, just save it somewhere and then go to OpenCanvas, click "File" and "Import Event File" and it should play!

Quote:
Good deal >.< It will still be a while before I fix it up but I wanted to double check on my limitations ... Would I be aloud to post a banner in the shop post just to keep thing separated and and some ...decor ?
Yeah - you're allowed to do just about anything you want to your reserved posts as long as it's not posting large wads of text that have nothing to do with your shop. XD

Quote:
As long as there something that the price isn't going to increase I only have one item left out of my limited desires
No worries. :) Winter Birdies are commons, so the only time they increase in price is if you are buying them from the special event store, when they're 1/2 price. Once they're in the regular stores, their price never increases. :) (Or decreases.)

Bound Birdie

Old 10-17-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah - I have or have tried other art programs, but OpenCanvas has stayed my favorite... I'm going to try "SAI" sometime, though, as I hear that's also good. :) OC is also far less likely to crash and eat your work. XD;
I got one of the filenames wrong anyway. >_> ".wpe" files are the OpenCanvas1.1 files where you an watch an artist work on a picture. You can save one yourself by clicking the "Export" thing...... (The ".oe3" files are OpenCanvas 3+ version files. And since you don't have that, there's not much point in me uploading any. XD; )
I looked through all my .wpe files I still had and only found two I thought you'd be able to use to learn from... both are Legend of Zelda fanart pieces. XD;
If you like this image of Link and Navi then save-as on this .wpe file.
And if you like this picture of Shiek, then here is the .wpe file.
And if you'd like more, this thread on ConceptArts is all about sharing .wpe files. :3 And the artists who hang out there are way, way better than I am, I'm betting. (Assuming everyone who posts there has an account and all...)
Anyway, just save it somewhere and then go to OpenCanvas, click "File" and "Import Event File" and it should play!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while but you should have NEVER given me that link to ConceptArt ... I've have been watching TONS of them (out of the ones that would still work) Though it seems that most them still are just amazing artists using one layer and a paintbrush >.<, I still got a much better idea of how to use the program, and I went on a little drawing spree.... :roll: Anyways I can't thank you enough! How do you make one yourself ? I thought it was "export event file" but it doesn't ever seem to let me select it :(
Quote:
Yeah - you're allowed to do just about anything you want to your reserved posts as long as it's not posting large wads of text that have nothing to do with your shop. XD
No worries. :) Winter Birdies are commons, so the only time they increase in price is if you are buying them from the special event store, when they're 1/2 price. Once they're in the regular stores, their price never increases. :) (Or decreases.)
Well I took some time to do the overhaul on the front pages! Let me now if it stretches the page/hurts your eyes >.<
Good I can wait on commons and save my money for THIS years Halloween then *glee*
Quote:
Hah, no its just a mouse. :sweat:
Thank you. ^^;
I wish I had a tablet. Or at least a scanner. D: lol

Yeah I wish she would be since I kinda admire and idolize her. But she isn't, never has been, and I doubt that she ever will be, so.... -sigh sigh-

Haha, really? xD That's funny. xP
But it sucks because. Well its not the OS, but this computer itself is about ready to kick the bucket I think. >_o -is scared-
Well scanners kinda eat your work so I ended up wanting to re-do a lot of my work anyway. Plus tablets can be a space saver by using it as a mouse. Plus they can be as cheap as 25 bucks on sales and stuff... but on the other hand you would still need program space sooo yeah
it's sad when computers die... after my last one it was 2 years before I could get another one... It was a very dark time for me lol

`Kitami

Old 10-17-2008, 08:13 PM

Yeah when my last computer died, it was over a year before we could replace it. O_O;
It was awful.
Plus the only reason we could replace it was because my aunt was getting rid of hers. ><

&& Gold added and trade accepted. (:
Thanks. <3

Vixen with a Vendetta
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Vixen with a Vendetta

Old 10-17-2008, 08:57 PM

Are you still looking for Snowflakes?

Bound Birdie

Old 10-17-2008, 09:00 PM

yes indeed I am still looking for snowflakes

@`Kitami
ahh hand me down computers I paid 200 for mine from a guy that worked for intel and had like four extra ones >.<

Accepted! I hope you like them! Thanks again!

Last edited by Bound Birdie; 10-17-2008 at 09:03 PM..

Vixen with a Vendetta
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Vixen with a Vendetta

Old 10-17-2008, 09:01 PM

You can just have some of mine. xP I have too many of them anyway.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-17-2008, 09:06 PM

*dances* YAY!

`Kitami

Old 10-17-2008, 09:42 PM

Lol thank you. xD <3

&& Pretty avatar, Valedia. (:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-18-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Sorry I haven't posted in a while but you should have NEVER given me that link to ConceptArt ... I've have been watching TONS of them (out of the ones that would still work) Though it seems that most them still are just amazing artists using one layer and a paintbrush >.<, I still got a much better idea of how to use the program, and I went on a little drawing spree.... :roll: Anyways I can't thank you enough! How do you make one yourself ? I thought it was "export event file" but it doesn't ever seem to let me select it :(
LOL. Yeah, ConceptArt can totally suck you in for days. D: But it's good, because I always walk away feeling as if I've learned something. Or, if not learned, then certainly it's inspired me. ;3 But, yes, you're welcome. ;3

And it drives me nuts when people show they can use just one layer and produce magic. XD I'm not so brave, myself. >_>; So whenever people do that I'm all, "Yeaaah... not going to do that, so I'll just admire your skills. :D"

Hmm... It should be "export event file"... Is your program 1.1? I half wonder if you didn't download some sort of trial version... Or - oh! - are you coloring a previously-done piece of artwork? Because it won't save as a .wpe unless you start from scratch. (OC 3+ will let you save a file from a previous version, but the 1.1 version won't.)

Spanish Leek Squared
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Spanish Leek Squared

Old 10-19-2008, 01:31 PM

How much for the Oct set? xD; You never told me how much you wanted.

`Kitami

Old 10-19-2008, 10:04 PM

I gave her 8oog Leeky. :3

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 10-19-2008, 11:09 PM

Hello! How's it going? Sorry haven't been here, haven't had a chance to log in for a while. Real life keeping me pretty busy, hehe.

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-20-2008, 12:32 PM

looks like you got your snowflakes! congrats! X3 <3

`Kitami

Old 10-20-2008, 01:44 PM

Sho... please explain to me why I want to call you shobo all the sudden? X.x;

Bound Birdie

Old 10-20-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
LOL. Yeah, ConceptArt can totally suck you in for days. D: But it's good, because I always walk away feeling as if I've learned something. Or, if not learned, then certainly it's inspired me. ;3 But, yes, you're welcome. ;3

And it drives me nuts when people show they can use just one layer and produce magic. XD I'm not so brave, myself. >_>; So whenever people do that I'm all, "Yeaaah... not going to do that, so I'll just admire your skills. :D"

Hmm... It should be "export event file"... Is your program 1.1? I half wonder if you didn't download some sort of trial version... Or - oh! - are you coloring a previously-done piece of artwork? Because it won't save as a .wpe unless you start from scratch. (OC 3+ will let you save a file from a previous version, but the 1.1 version won't.)
Indeed I did learn quite a bit from there, it's a shame so many of the links were broken :( Where did you host the two you sent me?
I know how you feel. it's always after I combine a layer that I realize what was wrong with it. Besides I love the flexibility they give me.
Yep! that was it! Sad that I can't record anything but my first draft, being that it usually takes me at lest a few days to finish a project.
Is the a thread for these here? If not I should create one! I learn so much from them and they are a lot of fun to share >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Leek Squared View Post
How much for the Oct set? xD; You never told me how much you wanted.
Kitami is right 800

@Kitami Thank you for being here so often and always helping out >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiziali View Post
Hello! How's it going? Sorry haven't been here, haven't had a chance to log in for a while. Real life keeping me pretty busy, hehe.
No worries I'm not really on as often as I should be...and then I get back and I go
"Whoa! there's so much to reply to" Thank you for stopping by to keep me company
>.<
Quote:
Originally Posted by shosho View Post
looks like you got your snowflakes! congrats! X3 <3
I know I'm so happy I have every item that I want that would increase in price now >.< I don't have to worry about inflation :)

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 10-21-2008, 12:47 AM

You're welcome, hehe. I just like to offer what support I can to people and their threads ;)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-21-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Where did you host the two you sent me?
I think it was sendspace, as that's the file hosting service I usually use. XD; Did they not download properly? :o

Quote:
Is the a thread for these here? If not I should create one! I learn so much from them and they are a lot of fun to share >.<
I don't hang out in the art forums as much as I should. XD If you don't see it on the first two pages, there's probably not much, and you totally should create the thread! :) Either way, let me know. XD

`Kitami

Old 10-21-2008, 05:39 AM

You're quite welcome Birdie. ^^
I usually have the time, so I like to help where I can.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-21-2008, 08:40 AM

@ Fiziali & `Kitami :
Aww I think I might make a white list Just for you two ^.^
You said your commons list is big Kitami? :o lol

Quote:
I think it was sendspace, as that's the file hosting service I usually use. XD; Did they not download properly? :o
Oh no nothing like that I was just wonder of a decent place to host them since some of them seemed to have problems on ConceptArt :shock: and I'll post the link here if I find/create one. Nice Sailor Moon btw

Last edited by Bound Birdie; 10-21-2008 at 09:49 AM..

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-21-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Sho... please explain to me why I want to call you shobo all the sudden? X.x;
shobo? XD that's a first, but i don't mind if you call me that XDDD; i'm such a cool hobo ;D <3
Quote:
I know I'm so happy I have every item that I want that would increase in price now >.< I don't have to worry about inflation :)
niiice! now you're just going for the commons~ you can take your time with those since they're pretty much always going to be there in the shops or whatnot XD;