Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 12-11-2015, 12:14 PM

Ava The Vampire: Hey Ava, don't forget about our roleplay now.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 12-24-2015, 11:25 PM

Sophie felt so welcomed by the warm invitations from Filius' family. The sentiment made her miss her own family terribly. Still, she knew that they'd probably want nothing to do with her now. Her eyes became downcast as she thought about the memory of her own family back home.

When Sophie heard the pounding of heavy feet against the hard floor, she immediately swung her arm across her body, gripping the hilt of her sword and preparing for battle. She was happily disarmed when the view of the dragon that she and Filius raised together, (albeit, for what somewhat short time before they were separated) came into her eyesight. The sight of Homeward brought tears to Sophie's eyes.

In Homeward, she didn't just see the tiny dragon that she and Filius raised, she saw a flashback of cheerful memories of her childhood, spent with her best friend on earth. She fell to her knees, allowing the tears to fall freely from her weary eyes as she felt her arms open and hugged Homeward's head. He was so much bigger than her last memory of him, but still, she had missed him nonetheless. She nudged her face against his as she silently cried for the childhood she'd lost.

Andraus

Old 12-25-2015, 12:25 AM

Homeward proceeded to nuzzle against the woman, obviously glad to see her again. It wrapped it's warm body around her, worried when it saw her crying. Obviously, the dragon was smart enough to sense emotions, though not yet enough to talk. Filius, however, chose this expect moment to walk in. "Sorry, I had something to take care of......"Filius said, who was rubbing his eyes. He was trying to hide the fact that he, too, had been crying, though the matters at hand were completely different.

Alora, being the understanding fireball she is, walked over towards Sophie, and hugged her close. "Welcome home, Sophie. "she said.

Kory

Old 12-26-2015, 01:26 AM

Blinded by teary eyes, Sophie didn't notice at first when Filius had stepped into her presence. She slowly pelted herself away from Homeward and wiped her runny nose, turning her head to look at Filius. She hadn't realized just how much she missed her childhood and just how much she'd missed Filius.

Sophie outstretched her arm to Filius as she hugged Alora and Homeward. Sophie found the closer she hugged Alora and Homeward, the more homesick she became for her own family. Someday, she'd return to them. Though, she had hoped to return as a successful and heroic warrior.

Sophie wiped her nose again and sucked in a deep breath. "I-I'm so sorry, I'm s-such a mess. I shouldn't be crying s-so much." She chuckled nervously after talking. It was always embarrassing to be such a crybaby.[COLOR="lightseagreen"]

Last edited by Kory; 12-26-2015 at 03:28 AM..

Andraus

Old 12-26-2015, 04:22 AM

Filius knelt by Sophie. "You have nothing to be ashamed of, Sophie.....How do I explain this....A great love, like your family or me, is like a good memory.....if you constantly reach for it, or try to grab it, then it will slip away......but if you're patient....and you wait for it....it will come to you.....you just got to be there when it does....."Filius said. He then grew a smile on his face, as he held Sophie close. "Tears spilled for those you love, and the reason you strive forward, are never a waste....they prove just how strong you are."

Kory

Old 12-29-2015, 01:55 AM

Just like Filius! Always having something really inspiring to say, and very fitting to say in situations such as these. Sophie awkwardly wrapped her arms around Filius' neck and pulled him close to her own body. It felt nice, she hadn't gotten this much touching from him since they'd arrived!

She rubbed her face in his shoulder, trying to wipe the tears away before turning around to face his glorious family once more. Sophie sniffed a few times and then sucked in a deep,ms halt breath. She held it for a couple of seconds, then slowly let it slide out through her teeth. Once she could see clearly again, after the tears were no longer messing up her vision, Sophie looked at Filius square in the eye and laughed. Not a I'm-making-fun-of-you, spiteful kind of laugh, but instead a laugh of relief and freedom and happiness.

"I want to make memories with you, Filius. New ones, better ones."

Andraus

Old 12-29-2015, 05:17 AM

(Time lapse!!! Next day)

Filius was walking into the city with Sophie, holding her hand as they wandered through. Homeward was with them, occasionally nipping at Filius and Sophie's hand. Not painful, more of a playful chomp than anything. Soon, they arrived to the town center, which had Lanterns strung along the lights. "It's the Blue Moon Festival soon.......There's going to be a team-combat competition. "Filius said, staring at the city. "Several years, huh......didn't expect Dad to actually get the city cleaned up. Was a lot worse when I was here. "he said to Sophie. He still wasn't talking much to his mother, though if that question was going to be brought up, now was a better time than ever.

Kory

Old 01-07-2016, 02:34 PM

Sophie kept close to Filius, not wanting to get lost in a strange city. As much as she enjoyed the sights, she didnt trust the city dwellers as much as she could throw them. After the experiences she'd had in school, she wanted to make sure they never happened again. Sophie instinctively moved closer to Filius, squeezing his hand tightly. She looked at Homeward, smiling at him, as she tried to calm her hyper sensitivity.

"Your father seems like a very smart man." Sophie said absentmindedly. She didn't really think much about what Filius had said before, but it hit her eventually.

"A team combat competition?!" Sophie beamed. This was the opportunity she'd been waiting her whole life for! "Filius, we could join!" Sophie gripped Filius' hand tighter and then grabbed his other one with her free hand. "Oh, Filius, I know I need practice, but I think by the time the Blue Moon a Festival comes, I'll be ready for it! Oh, please, Filius...?" This was the opportunity Sophie had been waiting for; the chance to prove to the world that Sophie Eire was not weak. Sophie Eire was a strong, powerful fighter who could destroy any enemy that crossed her path. Sophie was too excited. This would be her chance.

Andraus

Old 01-07-2016, 04:56 PM

Yaro squeezed Sophie's hand, smiling at the resolve that she had. "With a beautiful face like yours practically begging me, how could I say no?"he asked her, before walking over to sign-up. Taking the pencil available, he signed his name into the registration, along with Sophie's. The man, however, gave it back. "Sorry sir. Four members per team." Yaro took it back, and placed it in his pocket. "Well, that kinda bites.....you wanna go look around, Sophie?" he asked

Kory

Old 01-10-2016, 03:54 AM

Sophie's heart dropped a little when she heard the man say there needed to be four members per team. She didn't know why she expected two would suffice. She turned to Filius with sad, puppy dog eyes and shrugged.

"Sure, I guess we can look around." Sophie gave a weak attempt at a small smile. She was anxious about the idea of fighting alongside a stranger, but as with most things in life, she realized she'd just have to get used to it. Sophie slipped a hand into Filius' and smiled again. It would certainly be fun to fight with a team, still, Sophie was hesitant to fight with someone she didn't know. She trusted that if they did find two more people that they would be equally as strong and competent as Filius was.

Somewhere in the back of Sophie's mind, she wondered if she would be good enough to fight alongside Filius.

Andraus

Old 01-10-2016, 08:05 AM

(you wanna just take one, and I'll take one as well?)

Filius took her hand as they saw the festival being set up. It'd take a few days, as the festival lasted over 7, but it would be an exciting event. Filius then finally spoke up. "There's this old saying that goes around, that say's 'The heat of the battle is the fire that forges the strongest blades'.....you've managed to best an instructor. Even if you think it was pure luck, you had skill and determination placed behind it. Add to the fact that we were training daily back at school, and I think with you and me, winning will be simple. "Filius said, noting his obvious confidence in her abilities, since he's seen them first hand.

Kory

Old 01-19-2016, 01:21 AM

(Sure! I'll try to find a creative way of introducing a new person.)

Sophie blushed, it felt nice to know that Filius thought she was strong. Sophie still wasn't too convinced that she was really as skilled as Filius made her seem. Sure, she fought off the Weapon Master instructor, but that was quite a different matter. She still felt as though she were still that same girl, stuck in a class full of brash boys who wanted nothing more than to ridicule and pester Sophie.

The memory of it had saddened her considerably. She dreaded going back to school. As they walked Sophie leaned her head against Filius' shoulder. Her smile had faded and she felt a weight on her that she hadn't felt before. At least, not since leaving home.

"Hey, Filius...?" Sophie asked. Something caught her attention off in the distance. There seemed to be a small audience formed in the middle of the street with a small child in the center, which Sophie could see between the bodies, "Do you see that young girl over there?"

Sophie was quite curious, so she broke off from Filius' shoulder and approached the crowd of people. The closer she got, Sophie noticed the girl looked very young. Alas, she was only a gymnast. Though, very talented. It seemed she was performing gymnastics with a rather impressive and dangerous looking staff. Sophie thought to ask the girl if she were a fighter or a Mage. Then, Sophie decided against it. The girl was probably nothing more than a gymnast, dancing in the street for fun.

Andraus

Old 01-19-2016, 01:59 AM

(Ava The Vampire: I shall as well, but a bit after this scene. IF you would kindly, make a profile, so we have the information under-way? It'd save time later.)

Filius rubbed Sophie's shoulder, to try and make her feel better, and looked towards the Gymnast. He had to admit: The girl could move. Once the performance was over, Filius would reach into his coat, and hand her a small pouch of gold coins. "Pretty amazing display, Miss. Don't see that many people with that kind of flexibility, especially ones using staves. "Filius said, looking around. "Are you an Entertainer, or are you an Apprentice to a craft?"He asked. This way, he could ask her if she was training to become either a mage or warrior, without bringing heavy criticism on her.

Kory

Old 01-27-2016, 02:35 AM

(Sure! Where would you like me to put the profile?)

The young girl smiled at Filius, proudly beaming.

"Just an entertainer, sir. I've chosen not to follow either path." The girl responded. Sophie turned away and took a step as if to walk off without saying a word, but the girl stopped her when she spoke again, "That isn't to mean that I don't have training as a mage. Where do you think I got this staff? No, I simply prefer putting my body to better use." Sophie remained quiet for a moment, then looked at Filius, then back at the girl.

"I.. I don't mean to be forward..." Sophie began. "But my partner and I are in search of members for our team. For the tournament, of course. I'm sure my boyfriend here would prefer to see your magic skills first, of course..."

"I don't believe we've been introduced." The young girl stated. "I'm Bijou."

(Sorry it's so short, I wasn't sure if I should go ahead and play it out longer or just leave it at this, in case you wanted to add something?)

Andraus

Old 01-28-2016, 12:32 PM

(if you could put it on the front page, with your other bio, it would save time, and be incredibly convenient)

Filius nodded, and looked towards Sophie. Obviously, to make the girl more comfortable, he spoke up. "I am a Magic-Caster, though I have formal training as a weapon-master. My love here is just the opposite: A weapon-master, with the training of a magic-caster. I saw by your moves that you have the practiced grace of an adept. Finesse is obviously one of your best traits. "He said. "As Sophie has said, we're recruiting for a team to fight in the Blue Moon Tournament. If you could, I'd love to see a demonstration of your skill. But I get ahead of myself- Where are your parents? Obviously, I'd need to ask your family first. "he said, knowing that they may not be as forth-coming as she was. "Oh yes......I am Filius Imperii. Pleasure to meet you Bijou."

Last edited by Andraus; 01-28-2016 at 12:55 PM..

Kory

Old 02-05-2016, 12:56 AM

"Imperii?" Bijou's eyes grew wide. "Your father is the minister of Armali? Geez! Your father is really badass. You're probably amazing on the battlefield. Woah.... Wow, this is crazy!! Wow, you're asking me to join your team?"

Without saying much else, Bijou lifted her staff into the air and spun it effortlessly between her fingers, then bringing it down with such force that it impaled the dirt beneath her feet. She leaned on it and beamed proudly, "Yeah, no problem. I don't mind doing a demonstration, I am an entertainer, after all."

At the mention of her parents, Bijou's face dropped. "Oh.. yeah... Uhm... My folks aren't really... around anymore." She sighed. "My mother died a long time ago, my father... Well, he went out one day last year... Told me he was going to go for some more candles. Well, the shop must've been pretty far away... He hasn't come back yet."

Sophie only stared at Bijou, choosing not to say anything. Though, I'm sorry probably would've been appropriate, she chose, instead to remain quiet and offer her apologies by reaching out to place a hand on Bijou's shoulder. But the young girl jerked away before Sophie could touch her. Bijou continued talking, "Eh, who needs 'im though. I've done great on my own."

Sophie's heart went out to the young girl. She didn't seem to be aware of how badly off she's been. Though, her strong spirits must've accounted for something.

Andraus: (I also added Bijou's bio in my first post!)

Last edited by Kory; 02-05-2016 at 01:02 AM..

Andraus

Old 02-05-2016, 06:09 PM

Filius nodded. Pity was horrible to give, the best they could do was Empathize. "I know what it's like to lose someone close. You have my condolences........but you seem hungry. Come, let's get you something to eat, and we can talk this over a meal. Have a full stomach and a clear head. "He said. Filius was using this as an excuse to feed the poor girl, because from her condition, she must have not eaten good in a bit. A Full-course meal would do her good.

Kory

Old 02-19-2016, 03:10 AM

"Oh... That's awful nice of you, but..." Bijou paused, trying to find her words, the way she was so quick to reject free food made Sophie worry over her a little more. "Uh.. I mean, it's too nice of you. I would be glad to join the team whether you gave me something to eat or not. I don't need any charity, I work for everything I get!"

Sophie frowned, as much as she was impressed with Bijou's skill, she wasn't very impressed by the girl's pride. Where Sophie came from, help was help, no matter who it came from. No man is an island.

"Sometimes you need a helping hand, Bijou. It's okay." Sophie said. "Besides, it's just a meal. It's not much skin off our noses if it really bothers you."

Sophie watched carefully as Bijou stood in thought for a while. Her stomach growled, which was a dead giveaway that she was hungry. Then the last time she had any food was yesterday... Morning. Then the food they offered was free.

"Alright! You've talked me into it. But know this, I'll work my hardest for you both in the tournament! You know, as a favor for the meal." Bijou smiled, "Oh, and Miss? I don't think I ever caught your name?"

"Oh!" Sophie chuckled a little, "How silly of me! I'm Sophie. I won't bother to tell you my last name, I'm of no important bloodline or anything," She looked towards Filius, ready to follow him to whatever restaurant they may take Bijou.

Andraus

Old 02-19-2016, 05:12 AM

" Eire. Her last name is Eire. You should tell her Sophie, for one day it'll be famous. "Filius said, taking her hand, and sitting down at a nearby restaurant. Nothing fancy, but the food smelled excellent. Deciding to break the ice, Filius spoke up. "You know, you could always apply to serve under an instructor. I'm sure there are dozens of people willing to train you. Heck, I'd be willing to train you if I could train anyone, but my understanding of combat is limited. "He said, before lighting the candle at the table with his finger. "I'm a mage. Finesse isn't exactly my strong suit. Sophie would be able to help you better. "He said, nodding his head to her.

A young man walked into the room. He had a lithe build, and his eyes seemed quick. "Can I help you?"He asked, looking at them.

Last edited by Andraus; 02-20-2016 at 03:38 AM..

Kory

Old 02-26-2016, 02:08 AM

Sophie shot Filius a dirty look when he mentioned her last name. Certainly, it wasn't of any major importance, but still. After a few seconds of glaring, she let out a long sigh. Well, there really shouldn't be any shame in letting people know who she was. Especially if she was considering working beside them in combat.

"I have to admit, I'm not quite as good as Filius makes me seem, Bijou. I don't think I could train someone, I'm still learning myself."

Bijou nodded. "That's alright, Miss Sophie. I don't really have a plan to become either mage or warrior. I'd rather just be me, I guess."

Sophie's lips curled into a smile. Sophie didn't mean to be rude, but she chuckled a little too. "Ah, I see." She said, "Well, I think in today's society it'd be easier to find a job if you picked one trade. You can always learn both if you're undecided."

Bijou shrugged. Sophie could tell, Bijou was too young to quite understand just how important education was. There would be no use in arguing with her. When a young man approached Sophie and her companions, it startled her a little.

"Hm. I'm not really familiar with this place." She admitted. "I guess I'll just take whatever Filius is having."

Andraus

Old 03-02-2016, 12:39 PM

The man would simply place down the Menu's, handing one to Sophie. "Here miss. Take all the time you need. "He said, before walking away. On his hip were two daggers. Obviously, he was trained how to use them.

Filius would look and watch him move about. "Hm......his skill relies on finesse. You can tell by his hands: Best for Bows or Daggers. "He said to Sophie. He would then look towards Bijou. "So, here is what I was planning on proposing. I saw that you like to work for everything you earn. You join mine and Sophie's team, and......tell you what? I'll give you 50% of the reward money. "He said to her. "I plan on giving the other 50% to the other person to join. I don't need that money, and I aim to make sure Sophie doesn't either. So, what do you say?"He asked her.

(Ava The Vampire: Sorry it took me a bit, I've been busy.

Kory

Old 03-06-2016, 05:30 AM

"Thank you." Sophie called after the man who'd handed them menus. Though, despite having a menu, she still didn't know what her palate was craving. Her mind was absent for a while until she heard the proposal that Filius made for Bijou. Immediately her eyes snapped wide open and she looked at Filius, mouth slightly open. It was true, Filius didn't need the money, but Sophie was just... Taken back by what he said. He'd "make sure that Sophie didn't need it either". Did this mean... Did this mean what Sophie thought?

She shook the silly look off her face and paid full attention to Bijou.

Bijou's mouth was open as well. But she closed it quickly and regained composure. The prize money could definitely buy her, at least some food. Maybe some new clothes too. She had nothing to lose, after all. Bijou nodded.

"Alrighty. Sounds like a deal to me." She smiled. "I'm starved! Can we eat now, if that's alright?" She picked up her menu and ran her eyes across it a few times.

Sophie turned to Filius and whispered to him, "We're still short one more member. Be honest with me, do you think we'll recruit one more before the tournament?"

Andraus

Old 04-18-2016, 01:46 AM

"I find your lack of faith disturbing Sophie. "Filius said, mockingly acting hurt. He would then hug her. "Don't worry, if nothing else, we can ask Alora to cover it. I'd just prefer to get someone that's skilled with using a bow, or knives. "He said to her. He would then look towards Bijou. "So tell me something Bijou....Do you have any place to live?"He asked. He then thought his words over carefully, then came up with an idea. "Cause if not, then you can come to my place......We have plenty of room, and I'm sure my folks won't mind. Plus, it would be best we get to know each-other, and used to eachother, so we could coordinate better. "He said

Raxus would walk back, with food in hand. "Heard you talk, Miss. Sorry it took so long, we're a bit packed today. "He said, before looking towards the rest of the group there. "Is there anything else I can get you?"

Ava The Vampire:

Last edited by Andraus; 04-22-2016 at 01:14 AM..

Kory

Old 04-24-2016, 07:39 PM

Sophie nudged Filius in the rib at the mention of Bijou living with them. Not that Sophie minded, really, she loved to help as much as the next person... But she feared it was rather soon to offer the young girl a place to stay. Not that she didn't trust Bijou... But, wait. That was exactly it, she didn't trust Bijou completely yet.

Sophie opened her mouth to say something, but Bijou quickly (and unintentionally) interrupted...

"That's mighty kind of you." Bijou smiled. "But I think I do better on my own in the streets. You know?" She smiled again, noticing the way Sophie got quiet and stared at the table. "Besides, I think your girlfriend might feel better if things stayed how they were."

When the waiter appeared before them again, Bijou immediately perked up and blurted out the first things she saw on the menu as her order.

Sophie didn't know what she wanted. Frankly, she wasn't too hungry, so she just ordered something to drink and said, "I might know what I want later... Thank you."