Zenith of Emotion
The Curious Kitty's Cave
Send a message via AIM to Zenith of Emotion Send a message via Yahoo to Zenith of Emotion

Old 03-11-2010, 06:35 AM

A new approach to the community and rating avatars, in an attempt to boost self esteem rather than shamelessly bash.

The point is this simple:

In your post, write down at least three things you like about the avatar above you and why (if the avatar above you is nude, feel free to skip it, as there isn't anything but eyes/hair/skin to comment on yet then...).

Hopefully people will enjoy this, and it'll encourage members to strive toward bettering their avi's without feeling like failures. ;)

Try to be creative and in-depth!

The Enchanted Tiara
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2010, 10:39 AM

Okay. I hope this thread takes off. =)

1. I love avatars with glasses! I wear glasses in real life and I always think they look cute.

2. I love the shoes and whatever the yellow and black sleeve is (is it from a shirt? Or something else) I think they way they go together looks great and they remind me a lot of the bee items on here which I absolutely love.

3. I like that the colors of the avatar are pretty balanced all the way through. It's pleasing on the eyes.

Zenith of Emotion
The Curious Kitty's Cave
Send a message via AIM to Zenith of Emotion Send a message via Yahoo to Zenith of Emotion

Old 03-11-2010, 07:12 PM

1. I love your color combination, it looks great. Definitely doesn't fall under the category of "dull".

2. The hairstyle you picked works wonderfully with your avatar, and the decorations you used for it work well, too.

3. Your background decor gives the avatar a nice feel to it. I love the way the colors blend in with the rest of your colors. ^-^

<<I wear glasses IRL, too.>>

mwahhaha
Jesus is super rad

Old 03-12-2010, 06:38 AM

Yay! Such a great idea!
Zenith of Emotion:
1. You layered tights and fishnets. I do that sort of thing in real life (knee socks over tights or fishnets, in my case) and love seeing layers in fashion - even pixel fashion! It shows intense creativity, I think.
2. The super hero look. You look like you're about to fly off somewhere and save someone. Straight up epic.
3. The maroon and yellow. I used to live near a prairie reserve and the colors remind me of some of the flowers there.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:42 AM

(Thanks for posting this thread, I feel like this forum has been freakishly negative lately.)

1. It's obviously a chef and who doesn't like chefs??? They make us wonderful things to eat and bring about good moods, generally. ^_^
2. I love the pants. Dunno why. Just love the checkerboard.
3. The shoes. Awesome. Simple, and they match everything well.

Zenith of Emotion
The Curious Kitty's Cave

Old 03-12-2010, 06:48 AM

((It does seem that way. 'Sides, who doesn't need a drop in their positive bucket every now and then, yanno? :) ))

1. The laurels. They remind me of a comment I made to my mother yesterday when she was watching CSI: NY. I went to ask about the curly-haired brunette and asked "She has HIV, right?". When my mother asked "Who?" I answered "Athena, there." and pointed. She didn't get it at first, but did when I mentioned that she played Athena in Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.

2. The red, black, and gold. I love that color theme, it works really well, and can either give an elegant or sinister look. It also works really well to add a sense of magic to any piece, and it does that here.

3. The eyes. They're just fan-frickin'-tastic. They kinda remind me of cat's eyes. :)

4. The staff is awesome and adds onto the magical feel. Also, that area would just feel empty if it weren't there!

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to ArsenicAttitude

Old 03-12-2010, 04:50 PM

1. I like the color combo that you have so far.
I'm interested to see how it turns out when finished.

2. I've always liked that scarf, but only on other people.
It looks weird to me when I put it on my avi haha.

3. I like how you layered.
I'm big on layering.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-12-2010, 05:42 PM

1. I love purple, and the way you have it is adorable!

2. The heart tattoo on the cheek is so cute. It's enough color to draw interest to the face, but it's not overwhelming.

3. I love how there are many layers, but their not bulked on. It's just layering to make a flow down the body ^.^

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-12-2010, 06:55 PM

1. i like that the birds match your outfits colours

2. i love the use of the background items, it give depth to your avatar without being overwhelming

3. i love those boots. they are just cool no matter how you use them. ^.^

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 03-13-2010, 12:53 AM

1. I adore the colours you've used <3 They go great together.

2. Your layering is really good but not cluttered

3. I love that your using uncommon items

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 03-13-2010, 01:02 AM

Cute idea for a thread Zenith! ^___^;; May we post constructive ideas as well? Such as "HOMIGOSH this item would look great on your avatar"? I love happy threads XDD

zeapear
♥ I enjoy the pinky/white/gold theme, I always love to see those colors used!
♥ It's nice to see commons that aren't always being used (I am highly guilty of using the same items on basically at my avatars D: )
♥ I like that you've layered the socks! It's one of my favorite layering schemes and I don't see enough people doing it...I think I may have stolen the beautiful idea from Suona however, she was the first person I saw do it XD;

Last edited by R a n d e h; 03-13-2010 at 01:05 AM..

Zenith of Emotion
The Curious Kitty's Cave

Old 03-13-2010, 04:36 AM

Sure, R a n d e h! :) I'm glad everyone seems to think this was a good idea. I thought it might help to lighten up the mood. :)

1. I love how the color of the sparkles contrasts the greyscale of the rest of your avatar -- it's so subtle that you kinda think it's a trick of the light or maybe your eyes playing tricks on you at first, and it works really well to add just that tiny splash of color to liven up the greyscale.

2. The cloud. It reminds me of the clouds in the old cartoons, stalking the characters and raining on ONLY them. I think it was used in Winnie the Pooh at one point. Anyways, the cloud is sort of another character in the avatar to me, and I love the way it works with the pandas.

3. Der bow. The lighter -- white one. :) I just like how it adds to the head.

The Sophomore Attempt

Old 03-13-2010, 06:38 PM

zenish: I like you. I like your boots. they are nice.

Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX
I Will Steal Your Face.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:43 PM

I love the mouth.
I like how you didn't do just black-white-red.
SNAKIE!

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 03-13-2010, 10:05 PM

1. The colour scheme is <3
2. I love how you've used rather uncommon items <3
3. It is balanced rather well <3

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 AM

Zeapear:
I LOVE the quirk!!
the smirk and the the NINJA cookie!!
and it feels balanced to me <3

Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX
I Will Steal Your Face.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:43 AM

LONGCAT!
Also, how you got everything the same shade,
and how the pink in the ears POPs out.

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 03-14-2010, 01:40 AM

I'm digging the colour scheme~.

Really like the layering you have going on below the waist. ^^

I'm glad to see a hairstyle I rarely see anyone use.

ElysiumFate

Old 03-14-2010, 06:47 AM

1. I love the icy look that the face possesses, it's a nice contrast to the hair.
2. The socks=I will steal them when you aren't looking because they're just so daggone awesome. ^_^
3. I love the butterflies swarming about you, they are so sweet and add a cute tone to your avatar.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 03-14-2010, 07:23 AM

This is basically compliment the avatar above you

1. I've always liked the dress.
2. The staff matches nice
.3 as does the eye makeup

Just an after comment, I tihnk it could do with some more to it to give it the wowo factor.

ElysiumFate

Old 03-14-2010, 08:26 AM

*Laughs ass off at the fact that she got constructive criticism dropped into her positive bucket* :lol: Sorry, but I've positively no idea what else I could put in this thing. I already think it's cluttered ;) . Though if you have item suggestions I would like to hear them because I'm stuck at a stand still here.

1. It's a strange color scheme that is rarely seen, so it's very original.
2. It reminds me of chocolate mousse, which is just about the most heavenly thing to grace this earth.
3. It's a cute theme that isn't overly sappy, and sappy is overdone, so nice.

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 03-14-2010 at 08:28 AM..

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 03-14-2010, 10:48 AM

I like seeing the staff, we don't see it enough~
I generally don't like the makeup, but you've made it look really good!
The elf ears add a nice touch of mystique feeling ;D!

- When it comes to the big dresses it's hard to add what Eastriel calls "wowo" factor XD because you can't really equip anything with them :(; At least they are prettypretty!!

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 03-14-2010, 11:55 AM

Haha I meant "wow factor" it was 6 am and I'm running on 6 hours sleep. XDD

1. it makes me die with it's awesomeness
2. It brings me back to life with it's awesomenss
3. I die again

C:
Basically it's great.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-14-2010, 06:35 PM