The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 08-07-2011, 09:23 AM

The TARDIS is stuck on the second page! This won't do at all! -Pumps the wibbly lever thrice and then hits the console with hir fist after no initial reaction- There we go, old girl.

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 08-07-2011, 11:59 AM

Mmm, "Turn Left" is a great episode.

And I like that video.. especially the little head jig Nine does three times in the video, including at the very end.. xD Though the choice of song only reminds me how I would really really really really really like to see a Doctor that isn't white. :/

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 08-07-2011, 01:55 PM

ljos- Well so far, despite all physical changes, The Doctor has always been white, male, and not ginger/redhead. He seems to be most upset about the colour of his hair. It was funny that for about five seconds Eleven thought that he was a girl because he had fairly long hair.

:Edit: Also his dialect of English has always been some flavour of British english, they accused Nine of having a 'Northern Accent' and his answer to that was 'lots of planets have a North'. It would mean something completely different in the States. Also when meeting Queen Victoria the Tenth Doctor had to 'fake' a Scottish accent which he forgot about and dropped which is the actor's real native accent -_-;

Last edited by The_Crow; 08-07-2011 at 01:58 PM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 08-07-2011, 02:11 PM

I'm from 'the North' and refer to myself as Northern to the amusement of my Scottish friends who think of England as being South.

I remember when Paterson Joseph was the bookies favourite to be the Eleventh Doctor, I think he'd have been good. There's still time.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 02:26 PM

@KatMagenta- So I take it you are in the camp of not caring so much for Matt Smith as the Eleventh doctor? You know, personally I think it is the lack of Russell T Davies writing. His story arcs literally brought tears to my eyes. Steven Moffat is a good writer (I really enjoyed "The Girl in the Fireplace", and oddly enough, the echo of the "The Eleventh Hour" is my favourite Matt Smith episode), but none of his stories are arcs have moved me nearly as much as the combination of RTD and Eccleston and/or Tennant.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 08-07-2011, 02:34 PM

I think there's definitely been a change in tone but I like both writers and all the actors.

I meant there's still time for a non-white Doctor but if Matt Smith does stick around for a while longer I won't complain.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 02:40 PM

I'm normally quite bad with the 'real names' of actors. My roomate is constantly trying to make all kinds of jokes and references and about ninety percent of the time he is returned with a blank stare... sometimes I flat out tell him that he might as well save his breath and give up because I won't get it. Safe to say, the name "Paterson Joseph" brings up no image whatsoever in my mind, only the information that you gave me that he was considered as an alternate Eleven.

I still stand by what I say though that RTD's storylines really got to me, while I enjoy Moffat's... he has yet to make this jaded twenty six year (on quite a few medications to control things like extreme emotional reactions) cry.

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 08-07-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crow View Post
ljos- Well so far, despite all physical changes, The Doctor has always been white, male, and not ginger/redhead.

Exactly, and it's really tiring. :/ I want a non-white Doctor, or even a female one. Or I mean, at least give him ginger hair, he's been craving it for ages!

I remember when Paterson Joseph was being considered (and no, I didn't remember his name either because I am shit with names, but this is why I love my Google search bar) and it got me really excited! Just one more reason that I was a bit disappointed when they chose Matt Smith, although he's definitely grown on me.

And well, the British accents just make sense as the show is British. Though it would be fun to have a Doctor who naturally had a Scottish accent, or Welsh.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 08-07-2011, 02:59 PM

I'm terrible with names myself but I remembered that a black actor had been the favourite for Eleven at one point and Googled for the name. He played Rodrick in Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways.

Sylvester McCoy had a slight Scottish accent, I don't know why David Tennant couldn't use his.

Amice
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Amice

Old 08-07-2011, 03:17 PM

Hello. This looks like a good place to hang out. How is everyone today?

Burande
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 04:07 PM

I love Doctor Who! I'm so glad that Netflix streams it. Though it won't have the new season for a while, so I'll have to find elsewhere to go for it.

Matt Smith is growing on me. I keep arguing with my husband, who is a huge David Tennant fan, about him. He thinks Matt Smith looks too young to play the Doctor =/

Amice
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Amice

Old 08-07-2011, 04:36 PM

I think Matt Smith plays the Doctor very well. I was sceptical when I first saw him, and for the first few episodes, but I like him and he has made the part his own.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 07:44 PM

Hello fellow Who-vians! I just wanted to be random and let you all know that I have my own event game, and it could juse some love. :heart:

Thank you in advance.

Lost in Austen
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-07-2011, 11:37 PM

What is the black thing your Doctor avvie is holding, Crow?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-08-2011, 01:01 AM

That's a blanket from the Blankie EI. :)

Lost in Austen
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-08-2011, 01:57 AM

I meant... how does it fit into the cosplay? Or is it unrelated? lol.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 04:45 AM

Well Ten was going to put it down to have a nice picnic on New Earth with Rose, but a bunch of stuff happened and I'm... I'm...

I'm a girl! No! No... I'm not a girl... -pulls hair forward- and I'm still not ginger!

Fish fingers and custard... mmm...

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-08-2011, 05:39 AM

Nice raggedy Doctor! :lol:

Lost in Austen
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-08-2011, 06:13 AM

I LOVE YOUR COSPLAY SO MUCHES.

First Matt Smith cosplay I've seen on Mene, actually. And you did a great job! The "fish custard" is a great accessory, too!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-08-2011, 06:41 AM

Someone in the thread did an 11 a while back, but this is the first Raggedy Doctor 11 I've seen!

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 03:39 PM

I think I have a Doctor Who Fan Music Video for just about every occasion... this one is in celebration of Eleven and his being an 'all star' despite being goofy.

WHO DA MAN?!?

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-08-2011, 07:40 PM

Hello again everyone!

Since when WASN'T the Doctor goofy?

Parasitic Panda
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-08-2011, 08:26 PM

:pokes head in: Wow, it really is a lot bigger on the inside. I was hoping someone knew where the pool was in here...thought a dip in the TARDIS would make all my friends jealous ;)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 08:29 PM

*subscribes to thread*
when does the new season start?

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 08:31 PM

My sister watches the Doc, but I never have for some reason...