Amice
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Amice

Old 08-07-2011, 09:36 PM

It's the first in a whole series. And all of Jasper Fforde's book are very good.

D.J. Dead
v.v

Old 08-07-2011, 09:37 PM

It is a wake up call for those who choose to read it, there are a few other books that we can choose from. Though kids don't like the whole summer reading assignments at my school too much. We also have to do a multi-paragraph paper on it too.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 09:39 PM

So does anyone write, like professionally on here? I was thinking about writing a book but I don't know how well it would go over or even how to go about it, so I figured I would ask on here :3

Plus it gives us something to talk about as a group no?

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 08-07-2011, 09:40 PM

I like Lackey's Valdimar books, too.

Have you read Anne McAffrety's Pern books, or ones by Tamora Pierce? You may like them, too.

rain drops
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 09:42 PM

Iltu- I'm great, just watching The Princess Diaries on ABC Family. I am also looking up Go Ask Alice on the Barnes and Noble website. I've seen it around, but never read because I never knew what it was about, but I might check it out at the library.

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:43 PM

@Ashtyn: Not sure about professionally, but I plan to do that some day xD I just say go for it, write random things, write fan fiction even (it really does help) and let someone read your work, fix errors and stuff and give you tips. That's what I did and I'm a much better writer now. ^^;

And sorry I disappeared xD

D.J. Dead
v.v

Old 08-07-2011, 09:44 PM

@Ashtyn- I write but not professionally, maybe some day. If you want to write, write don't care what anyone else has to say unless it is helpful with you writing.

rain drops
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 09:54 PM

Ashtyn- I am working on a novel, but I don't think I'm going to publish it yet of course, since it still needs to be polished. I might post what I've written so far here.

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 08-07-2011, 09:58 PM

D.J. What were the other books? And eeeew, papers! :gonk:

Ashtyn- I write for fun and would LOVE to write professionally one day. If you need anyone to read your stuff or give feedback or give advice or anything at all, I'd be more than happy to! I'm no authority on it or anything, but I love to read other writer's stuff and be of help when I can. But definitely always write for yourself first, and for an audience second.

Everyone, feel free to post your writing in here if you'd like!

Angel- Both are authors I mean to pick up, but have not yet. :gonk:

Rain- OMG I love The Princess Diaries! :D Or I remember loving them. That makes me wanna watch them again.
I want to read Go Ask Alice sometime, if you read it, let me know how you like it.

What do you guys like to write about? Or what was the most recent thing you wrote/are working on about?

D.J. Dead
v.v

Old 08-07-2011, 10:02 PM

The other books are:
- A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
The papers aren't that bad and only take a few minutes to write but it's actually DOING the paper.

Last edited by D.J. Dead; 08-07-2011 at 10:05 PM..

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 10:04 PM

Sesshy: D'awww I think that you write well, at least you don't reply to post tlkng laik dis all da tiem...

D.J.: Hahahaa I don't tend to listen to what people say to me any way if it is insulting!

Rain:That would be super awesome to see!

Iltu: Awww, I might! It would be awesome to get some feedback on stuff that I write, though a lot of times I don't finish my writings because I think they sound foolish... I wouldn't mind seeing some of your work :3 I think anyone can publish a book if they want it bad enough lol :3

rain drops
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 10:06 PM

Iltu- I used to read The Princess Diaries when I was younger but I don't think I ever finished the series. And if I do read the Go Ask Alice, I will most certaintly let you know what it was about and if I liked it. :)

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 10:09 PM

Lifeblood, Family Problems... Chapter OneX

Lifeblood

Family Problems.
Chapter One.

Drip, drip, drip. Sinking down into the bath I grabbed my head, tears forming at the edges of my eyes, the sun setting in the window behind me. Birds were chirping in the distance as they started to nest for the night and children laughing as they ran home. Drip, drip, drip. A single tear fell from my eye as I bit my lip instinctively. Steam raised off of my arm as I lifted it up looking for the phone beside me. Drip, drip, drip. The dripping of the water from the faucet was slightly soothing me as I tried to keep my eyes of the razor next to my head. Drip, drip, drip. Finding my phone I hastily picked the black contraption and dialed in a number, I didn't know what number but my fingers instinctively pressed them. As the phone rang I waited, hoping that maybe someone could help me, and then he picked up... My dad finally picked up.

"Hello?"
"Dad!?"
"Oh... Hello Zera." His voice laced with venom.
"Mom. Er... I mean Krystal died today." My voice unstable.
"Is that all? You're twenty-one for gods sake! Get over it." With that he hung up.

Looking through my phone I saw there was little to no contacts. Sighing my eyes locked onto the razor, tears forming and bubbling over, I knew I couldn't cut... I promised my mother I would never resort to that. It wasn't what my father said that brought the crying spell on me, it was the fact that my mother was my best friend, my mentor, my everything. My mother was a very strong woman, she gave birth to me at the young age of seventeen and my father left her with me when I was seven years old. I remembered many things about my childhood, the main one was how loving and nurturing my mother was. Many disagreed with the things she taught me, mainly because she was Pagan instead of Christian. Never understanding why that mattered I was raised worshiping the "Wrong Gods", however, I feel like it was right. A few of my friends tried to convert me, but when they took me to their church I did not feel welcomed or felt right being there. It made absolutely no since to me. Even though many in my school shunned me from the normal child-like activities that happened at school I was normally top in my class. I believe the main reason why I was because my mom made me read constantly, we didn't own a t.v. at all.

Sliding farther into the steaming water my nose barely far enough from the water to breathe. Looking over at the clock on the wall I sighed, it was almost time for work. "Maybe I should call in." I said to no one. Pulling the plug from my bath I stood up and wrapped a towel around me and a smaller one around my bright blond hair. Looking in the mirror I saw my eyes significantly puffed up. Sighing I walked out of the bathroom into my room. Flying myself onto the bed I pulled my cell phone out and looked through the contacts. Smiling I saw Luna's name, my fingers swept over the screen swiftly texting her the dreaded news. [Hey Luna, mom just died ): It really sucks! -Butterfly-] With that simple text I looked over to my closet and pulled out a pair of camouflage cargo pants and a black tank-top. Looking through my drawers I found my black sports bra and a pair of underwear throwing it all on I started to comb out my hair when my phone rang. Looking at it I smiled, [ :( You are freaking kidding me right!?!? Well fuck me sideways! I'll be over soon, call off work hun! We are going to go drinking! -LunaBaby-]. Chuckling I finally combed my hair out completely and threw it up into a ponytail and grabbed my wallet hooking a chain to it and my pants. Grabbing my phone I dashed downstairs to my laundry room. Finding a pair of mismatched socks I threw my combat boots on and walked into the kitchen.

"I swear we are still teenagers sometimes." I chuckled under my breath as I put a cigarette in my mouth lighting it and taking a long drag, "Mom, I'm really going to miss you." A small tear fell from my eye and I took another drag walking into the living room. Tapping my foot lightly on the floor I finished my smoke and put it out in my homemade ashtray. Chuckling at the trinket I made in ninth-grade I walked to the door grabbing my keys and aviators to block the sun from my eyes. As soon as my foot hit the porch I called my work and explained everything out, they gave me the week off, luckily. Sighing I sat on the porch swing and lit another cigarette and took a drag. Looking at my stomach I lifted up my tank to see a butterfly on my right side half way covered by my pants and a gun on my left shooting it into smaller butterflies. Chuckling again I put my shirt down seeing the black '76 Camaro driving in my driveway behind my Jeep Wrangler. "Ah so you brought the little-one along as well?" The tan girl hopped out of the passenger seat and smiled, you could defiantly tell the beauty was a native american. Looking over in the driver seat I saw her other best friend that was about twenty years old, his name never seemed important to me, she shrugged and laughed, "We need a responsible driver!"

Luna's friend only nodded his head as I got in the back seat. "Going to your parents bar again?" Luna only nodded and patted my head making me roll my eyes. 'No wonder people card us, we act like fifteen year olds.' I thought to myself as I looked out the window watching houses pass by. 'I should be depressed right now, then again maybe I am so down that I want to drown my sorrows away?' My thoughts trailed off and we were at the bar in what seemed like no-time. Getting out of the Camaro I was told that I would have to keep my potty mouth from cussing to much. I chuckled and hugged her and we waltzed into the bar. The thing is, although I may seem quiet by myself I tend to be loud and obnoxious when you get to know me, plus I tended to cuss like a sailor... It's actually one habit I am trying to quit. Sighing I walked to the bar-tender and smiled, "I'll have a watermelon Smirnoff for now hun." He only nodded his head knowing who I was and how I normally started with what I normally called "bitch-beers". Sighing I opened it and took a large swig as the dance-floor started to fill up. Dancing wasn't really one of my favorite things to do in public because I dirty danced and it was something I would rather do without... somehow though whenever I get drunk I would do it. Funny thing is, I don't get drunk very easy... When I was seventeen my friends dared me to drink a whole bottle of whiskey and I wasn't even tipsy, which they thought was a miracle... I thought it was normal.

My eyes followed my best friend as she started to dance with our "designated driver". Even though he was two years younger than her, which was not her type trust me, she had a huge crush on him though. The way he acted, it seemed that he had a crush as well. I only chuckled and downed the drink and asked for another. The bartender rolled his eyes and just put three more beside me, "I know you by now Zera, you drink ten then go for a bottle of whiskey, then you get Grey Goose." I smiled and looked at him. Over the past year I figured out the man's name was John, he had a wife and twins who were sixteen, he lived rather close to me, and his dog died about a month ago. Funny how you can make friends with your bartender so easily. Sighing I turned to him and chugged another one, "So how are the twins and your old lady?" He started cleaning out glasses and smiled. "Well the twins are turning seventeen soon and my old lady is doing great! She lost twenty pound this las couple of months and is really happy now." I smiled and nodded, "I'm glad for you!" Chuckling he looked at me concerned, "I heard the news, I'm terribly sorry... You can have a bottle of whiskey on the house." I nodded as a way of thank you and started drinking some more. "So anything interesting happen lately?" He only nodded his head no and pointed to the door, "I think a few gang members are coming in though, saw a couple of bikes stop." Rolling my eyes I threw away my empty bottles and grabbed a whiskey bottle sipping on it, the way it burned going down my throat made me feel so much better.

As I walked towards my best friend she looked at me concerned, "Hey don't mess with anyone tonight, I think some gang members are here. I swear I will beat the living crap out of you if you even think about it!" As she pouted slightly I shook my head no and walked to the bar again sitting at the very end this time. Putting my aviators on my head I smiled and noticed that there was a few gang members that were in here tonight. 'Just my luck.' I thought as I took a rather large swig of whiskey smiling at the feeling again... No one really noticed a girl like me, in fact many were afraid of me. I mean, who wouldn't be? I am about five foot ten, almost six foot with my combat boots on, my long bright blond hair constantly up and I had muscles. Growing up my mom made sure I stayed fit, she knew I would get bullied in school so she said it was for my "self defense" little did both of us know, it was more defense than we could ever ask for. My voice though, my voice attracts people, it's almost angelic (or so Luna says). Grunting at the bartender as he walked over to me I gritted my teeth slightly, "Think they will start trouble John?" He simply shook his head no as I took another swig, "Alright." Nodding as he walked to get them some alcohol I pushed my glasses over my piercing ice blue eyes and looked at a booth where a man was sitting by himself. Looking closer I noticed it was my mother's old friend, Sam. Gritting my teeth I looked away. He was not someone I wanted to look at, nor talk to for the rest of my life. Sam constantly hurt my mom, physically and emotionally. Standing up I walked to a secret room in the very back. Busting through the doors I found Luna's father and a few of his friends playing poker.

Luna's family was like my family, so much in fact I called her parents mom and dad. "Sorry dad, Sam was out there. Do you need an extra player for Poker?" He shook his head no and I smiled "Is there anyone on the patio?" again he shook his head no. Smiling I nodded for the men to continue their game and I walked out to the patio. Creeping over the the very edge of it I sat dangling my feet over, you see, the bar sat on a large hill. To make the building even they had to build a funny foundation. The patio had a railing but it was big enough to dangle your feet underneath it. Looking over my legs I could see the town lights in the distance. The sun was setting behind the city make beautiful deep shades of red and purple dance across the sky. A small butterfly landed on my finger making me smile again, "Oi, little one, why are you so far away from the flowers?" Chuckling as it flew off I watched it carefully until it disappeared. The stars started to come out and I started to look for certain constellations, "There is Orian's belt." I said to no one pointing at it smiling. My smile quickly faded as a deep voice came from behind me, "Not only are you pretty but your somewhat smart too!" Grinding my teeth I stood up and turned around finding one of the "gang members" standing there. "Who are you?" I said with authority. "This is a private place, no one should be out here but family!" Grinding my teeth as a laugh bellowed from the man. He stepped closer, "Hun, I ain't from no gang." Glaring at him I pulled my sunglasses to the top of my head, "Then who are you and what do you want?!" He simply laughed and turned away, "It's not me that wants anything... and you will find out in due time." As I pulled back my fist he turned around and walked through the bar.

When I stomped after him he was gone, "How the hell could he disappear!?" I asked to no one, Luna's father looked at me funny, "Are you drunk? No one came through here but you." I scratched my head and walked towards the door to leave, "Maybe I just saw something? I know I'm not drunk because I would be on the dance floor." He simply nodded showing that our conversation was done and I needed to leave. When I walked out I saw Luna making out with our "designated driver". Sighing I walked over and tapped on her shoulder, "So are you shit-faced or are you guys dating now?" Smiling she looked at him "The latter." I smiled and hugged her, "Congratulations dear friend! You got over your "He's to young for me" stage!" Laughing as I dodged her fist I walked to the bar and finished my whiskey. "Hey John, if Luna asks I'm at my house, I am not drunk... you can vouch for me!" I said smiling as he handed me a bottle of Vodka and I handed him a fifty, "To pay for some of the other drinks from last time as well." He simply nodded as I walked out of the bar. Looking at my phone I found my neighbor's number and called it, "Hey Damien, will you come get me from Luna's bar? I would greatly appreciate it!" A velvety voice came from the other end, "Why of course dear!" I smiled and hung up knowing it would only take him about five minutes to get to me.

This is the first chapter of one of my stories I wrote a while back... I only have two chapters written XD

D.J. Dead
v.v

Old 08-07-2011, 10:09 PM

Ashtyn- Go you! People who insult others need to go away. But that's what I have found helpful in writing, don't care what people say and take the praises that you are sure to get.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 10:10 PM

D.J.- I find the problem with insults is that people usually do it to make others feel bad about themselves because the 'bully' wants the 'victim' to feel as crappy as them.

Iltu

Old 08-07-2011, 10:12 PM

D.J.- I have not read the first two, BUT THE LAST THREE ARE SUCH GOOD BOOKS OH MY GOD. *calms down*
Yeah, I'm a pretty quick paper B.S.-er writer myself, but the fact it has to be done is very off-putting.

Rain- I don't think I ever read the books. XD; But I loved the movie.

Ashtyn- I'm the same way! I get frustrated because I feel like the writing is dumb and then I stop. Maybe I'll post up some of my writing sometime as well. And I agree. It can take a ton of persistence, but it CAN be done. :3 I mean, J.K. Rowling had to go to what, seventeen publishers?
*settles down to read your chapter one*

rain drops
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 10:15 PM

Iltu- The movie was good, but I didn't really enjoy the second as much.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 10:16 PM

Iltu: Well the plot of Lifeblood was going to be that the gods decided to make tweleve humans into demi-gods really so that they could do the god's biddings... but it seems it kept changing when I wrote it... but I don't know... I would be glad to know what you think!

D.J. Dead
v.v

Old 08-07-2011, 10:16 PM

Ashtyn- Exactly, which is why I detest bullies.

Iltu- They're all books that I want to eventually read in my life time, hopefully.

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:17 PM

Argh Mene effed up when I tried to post D<

Here's my FF account ^^ Most of that stuff is really old x_x

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 10:18 PM

D.J.- We can all be bullies at one point or another though...

----------

I have a fanfiction, it has one story that I can't for the life of me figure out what to write...

Iltu

Old 08-07-2011, 10:26 PM

Rain- Movie sequels almost always end up badly, The Princess Diaries was no exception. :P

Ashtyn- I like all the characters! And oh my god I thought Krystal must be a pet or something because of how callous the dad was about it, and then when it turned out it was her MOM I was like, "OH MY GOD THAT GUY IS AN ASSHOLE."
I love that the main character isn't the sort of person you'd think of when you think of someone that cuts, so the fact that that is something she struggles with is very interesting to me. I hope she doesn't go back to cutting int he story. ;a;
And the plot sounds super neat! What god/goddess does Zera end up a demi-god for, if they end up with one specific one?

Sesshy- I will go take a look! :heart:

rain drops
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 10:26 PM

Miko- I can't seem to get to your FF account. Are you sure it's not an outdated link?
Iltu- That's true. So what movies have you seen this summer, in the theaters or already out on DVD?

Last edited by rain drops; 08-07-2011 at 10:28 PM..

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:29 PM

@rain drops: It works fine for me o-o and I just got it from the site lol

@Ashtyn: What's it about?

rain drops
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 10:32 PM

Miko- Oh okay. Never mind then lol