Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 11-12-2016, 06:52 PM

Bucky awkwardly tagged along with Steve when they were called to SHIELD. He wasn't sure what they were being called for, but he could think of a few things, and they all made him a bit nervous.

Arcadia sighed as she was herded out of the main dragon compound and into a smaller, more secluded one. Obviously, it was time to pair up some new agents again, and she was never considered appropriate for new agents. Something about being difficult to handle. So she just let herself be moved off, away from the main group.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-12-2016, 07:07 PM

Steve was feeling just as nervous as Bucky, but he was hiding it a little better. He did pause when the agent leading them paused outside a door and ushered them inside.

"Captain. Sergeant." Coulson nodded at them both. "Thank you for coming on such short notice."

Steve nodded. "It sounded fairly urgent," he said, quirking one eyebrow at Coulson expectantly.

"Director Fury has decided it's time for you both to pick your dragons. Now, I know last time didn't go well, so we have a different selection for you today."

Ciara growled a little at the agents poking her into the smaller holding area, where she'd wait and see if someone wanted to try pairing up with her again. She was a little surprised, as most people didn't try with her anymore, not after the last time. So she stood with her arms crossed, waiting, eyes a little narrowed.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-12-2016, 07:11 PM

Bucky raised an eyebrow.

"You're actually thinking about pairing me with a dragon?" he asked. "Would have thought I'd be out of consideration for it."

Arcadia waited quietly in the holding pen. She wasn't expecting anyone to choose her, so she didn't particularly care about showing off and looking flashy like some of the other dragons.

Last edited by Mageling; 11-12-2016 at 07:32 PM..

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-12-2016, 07:24 PM

"You're out in the field again," Coulson pointed out. "Besides, bonding with a dragon could help with some of your other issues as well."

Ciara glowered at any of the other dragons that got too close to her, kind of keeping to herself back near the wall.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-12-2016, 07:31 PM

Bucky made a vague neutral sound at that. He doubted it, but he wasn't going to argue with Coulson about it.

"Fine," he said instead. "Bout time Steve got a dragon, anyways."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-12-2016, 07:37 PM

Coulson nodded his agreement. "Indeed. Now, this way, please." He headed down a different corridor this time, leading them to the holding pen. He opened the door and ushered the two of them inside.

"These ones are not normally given to new trainers, but maybe you'll like these better. Take as long as you like."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-12-2016, 07:54 PM

Bucky just followed Steve. He was fairly certain that none of the dragons would want someone as damaged as him, but he still wanted to watch how much Steve flailed around while trying to pick one.

Arcadia just watched as the door was opened. Her icy blue eyes tracked the newcomers through the room, and she brushed pale hair back over her shoulder.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-12-2016, 08:20 PM

Steve looked around at the gathered dragons before he started making a circuit of the room. He didn't even know what he was looking for, really. Not yet.

Ciara watched the two, content to let them do the approaching, if there was to be any. For now, at least, she was content to wait and see.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-13-2016, 03:40 AM

Bucky hung back a bit, letting Steve have the time to look first. He started to mosey around a bit once Steve had gotten about half-way across the room.

Arcadia watched as the two men got closer. That was interesting... The easiest dragons to handle were always put near the entrance, so they could be chosen more quickly. She was near the very back, and so far none of the dragons had even garnered more than a second look.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-13-2016, 04:54 AM

It took Steve a bit of time to make it back to where Arcadia was, mostly because he was being thorough. But no, none of the dragons near the front caught his interest. He spotted Arcadia and paused for a moment. Something was different about her. Not just physically, as there wasn't another Northern in the room, but something else. Something he couldn't quite identify. He stepped closer just to see.

Ciara's eyebrows slowly rose as the two made their way back through the room. She was practically the last dragon in the room, so she doubted she'd get picked, but even so. She was surprised these two had made it this far back. She eyed the one with dark hair rather curiously as he approached her spot.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-13-2016, 02:08 PM

Arcadia watched him as he approached, her gaze even. She was surprised he made it so far back, but she didn't hold out hope that she would be chosen. She was never chosen. She met his eyes as he got closer, but didn't take any steps forward or back.

Bucky had meandered around, glancing at the dragons near the front but mostly just walking right by. None of them were right, though he still didn't really think any of them would want him in return. When he got closer to the back, he paused. One of the English had caught his eye, and there was something about her that he liked.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-13-2016, 05:18 PM

Steve stopped in front of Arcadia, meeting her gaze evenly. She was kind of bold. He liked that. "What's your name?" he asked, looking her over again quickly.

Ciara blinked when he looked at her, and met his gaze. She watched him approach, rather curious but not at all thinking that he'd actually pick her. Instead she just watched him approach.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-13-2016, 05:54 PM

"Arcadia," she said. She stood there and let him look her over, waiting on his verdict. She looked him over as well; she recognized him, of course, but recognizing him was very different from approving of him.

Bucky walked right up to the English that had caught his eye. There was something about her that he liked, and he couldn't quite put his finger on what.

"Surprised a dragon like you wasn't picked a long time ago," he commented.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-13-2016, 06:04 PM

Steve nodded. "I'm Steve," he told her, not waiting for her to ask. "You're a Northern, right?"

Ciara snorted quietly. "I'm difficult," she said, rather sardonically. "I've been returned multiple times."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-13-2016, 06:24 PM

Arcadia nodded once.

"I am," she said.

"Difficult?" Bucky repeated. He snorted a bit. "They obviously don't know what they're doing."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-13-2016, 06:42 PM

Steve nodded. "Right." He was quiet for a moment. "I, um." He paused for a moment. "Would you be willing to try a partnership with me?" The back of his neck was red, but he knew, somehow, that she was the best fit in the room by far.

Ciara snorted quietly herself. "That, and I'm difficult." She didn't relax her pose, though she had to admit she was curious about him.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-13-2016, 07:01 PM

Arcadia studied him for a moment. Something about him was... appealing.

"Are you sure you wouldn't prefer someone... easier?" she asked, regardless.

Bucky grinned at that.

"James Barnes," he introduced himself. "I'm difficult too."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-13-2016, 07:04 PM

Steve shook his head. "None of them feel right," he said, still rather embarrassed. "I don't know how else to explain it, but I'm not interested in any of them."

Ciara blinked at that and smiled a little. "Ciara," she told him. "You sound like you're hinting at something."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-13-2016, 07:08 PM

Arcadia had never gotten that sort of response before. She considered for a moment, and then nodded.

"You are acceptable as my partner," she said.

Bucky quirked a bit of a grin.

"We can be difficult together," he suggested.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-13-2016, 07:25 PM

Steve smiled, rather relieved. "Good. Great." He paused for a moment. "Is there anything you need to get? I think we have to go register, or something." He briefly made a bit of a face.

Ciara considered it, looking him over. "Very well," she agreed. "We can try, at least."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-13-2016, 07:28 PM

Arcadia nodded a little.

"I have a few belongings here," she said. "Then we can register whenever is convenient for you."

Bucky hadn't expected it to be that easy.

"Really?" he said. "I mean, great, let's do this."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-13-2016, 07:41 PM

Steve nodded. "Why don't you go ahead and collect your things," he told her. "I'll wait out in the hallway for you."

Ciara nodded. "I have a few things I will need to grab before we leave," she told him with a little shrug. "And they'll want us to register before we leave." She knew the drill by now.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-13-2016, 11:10 PM

Arcadia nodded and went to go collect the few things she was allowed. Dragons weren't allowed traditional hoards anymore, so she only had a few posessions, but she was protective of them anyways.

"Yeah, sure, go ahead," Bucky said, nodding. "I'll meet you when you come back out."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 11-13-2016, 11:49 PM

Steve moved out into the hallway, letting out a slow breath. Well. He'd picked out a dragon, at least. Coulson would be pleased.

Ciara nodded and left, heading back to go collect her things. She only had a few things left that were truly hers anymore, and she guarded them fiercely. As such, she put everything into a bag to carry, so at least people weren't looking at her little treasures.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 11-14-2016, 12:20 AM

Bucky ended up in the hallway too.

"Stevie, one of them agreed to have me," he said in slight disbelief. "I was sure none of them would."

Arcadia put her belongings into a small bag, and went out to meet her new partner.