Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-16-2011, 01:38 AM

The year is 2156 AD. Technology had advanced vastly. Machines now do most of the work worldwide, allowing people luxury time once only wished for. Medicines are extremely potent, and are usually administered painlessly through a small solution that you ingest. As predicted, America leads the world in technological innovations, especially military. All naval warships now come equipped with railguns capable of destroying a tank with a projectile the size of a baseball from over a mile away.

Despite America's military superiority, China and several other nations have declared war on the simple basis of America monopolizing the oil exports and imports worldwide, having no need of it themselves. The war has been going on for little over a decade now, with heavy casualties on both sides. The majority of European and African nations are remaining neutral, while China and their Asian allies have conquered all of South America.

Needing a decisive edge over their enemies, the American government has authorized genetic manipulation of people, hoping to turn them into super soldiers. After all the painstaking work, only seven survived, but they're ready. Trained and deadly, each one is able to hold their own, while contributing something special to the team. The seven super soldiers have had their bodies chemically altered; the carbon in their molecules has either been altered or changed entirely.

Still a secret of the Americans, they are planned to engage in enemy territory soon, hopefully taking out a large compound located in Panama.

The Seven:
  1. Carbon (nanofiber)- Super musculature, bulletproof
  2. Silicon- Living computer
  3. Iron- Magnetic, bulletproof
  4. Arsenic- Poison
  5. Gold- Reflects infrared radiation
  6. Mercury- Liquid form
  7. Radon- Gaseous form, bulletproof

Profile:

PHP Code:
[FONT="Palantino Linotype"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]My name is[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"] [B]Character's name[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]  
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]But those monsters christened me[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"] [B]Code name[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]  
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]Can'
t you tell I'm a[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"] [B]gender?[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]  
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]Hey!  Eyes up here![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"] [B]Appearance[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]  
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]What are you?  Blind?  This is obviously how I look.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"] [B]Description[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] 
[CENTER][COLOR="Lime"]*****[/COLOR][/CENTER]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]You wanna know more about me?  Well, it'
s a long storybut here it goes.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"] [B]Biography (At least 2 paragraphsfive lines each at least)[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE
[
SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]People tell me I'm[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"] [B] Personality (At least 1 paragraph, or five lines)[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] 
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]My alteration?  I'
ve been changed with[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"] [B]Element[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE
[
SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]Other than that I'm pretty good at[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"] [B]Skills/Strengths[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] 
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]But I absolutely suck at[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"] [B]Weaknesses[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] 
[CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]*****[/COLOR][/CENTER]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]My preferences?  Well, I love[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"][B]Likes (At least 3)[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] 
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]On the other hand, I hate[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"] [B]Dislikes (At least 3)[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] 
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]My favorite ally?  Hmm.  I guess it'
d have to be[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"] [B]best friend[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE
[
SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]Anything else I'm forgetting?  Oh yeah! I[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Custom 2"] [B]Other[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] 
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Custom 1"][B]Username[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] 
Rules:
  • Follow Menewsha's TOS first and foremost.
  • No godmodding.
  • Be at least Semi-Lit. That means no one-liners and proper spelling and grammar. At the very least you should post a paragraph, but no less.
  • Pm all profiles to me. If I don't respond, don't post until you see it here.
  • Fighting and romance are encouraged, just remember Jelly's helpful message. The site is PG-13.
  • Warn us if you're going to be inactive. Each of the players is important, and I don't want it to die because one person just stops.
  • Please post all out of character chat in the OOC thread, found below.
  • I reserve the right to amend these rules at anytime I see fit.
  • Have fun! :D

Players:
Carbon - Angelo
Silicon - Whimsical Sadist
Iron - Kya Katsumi
Arsenic - Carzeebear
Gold - musikfreakx
Mercury - Angelo
Radon - Arc Angel

Not here! To the right!-->> OOC <<-- Too far! Back just a bit!

Last edited by Angelo; 11-11-2011 at 05:43 AM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-23-2011, 07:07 AM

~Open!~

We're starting a day before the first mission to allow other spots to be filled up. :D

Shaking the sweat from her brow, Zoey, or Nano as she was called here, landed another roundhouse to the dummy, feeling the material implode from the impact of her foot. It reformed quickly, though, just in time for her to nail it again with her fist. It was honestly better when the targets had A.I., or artificial intelligence. At least it was a challenge then. Right now she was just doing her regular session; going through the forms to keep in practice and in shape.

Of their team, she was the heavy hitter, her muscles able to take a much greater strain than most others, allowing for insane force behind her attacks. Hell, she could even hit harder than 26, and he was freaking huge! But he could also move metal objects from far away, and fry most electronics by walking by. Not to mention his built-in compass. Yeah, he was a pretty useful guy to have with you.

Decay was a part of the espionage team, her gaseous form allowing her to slip into rooms nearly undetected. It was awful when she sneaked up on you too. You couldn't hear her coming until she was right behind you. Arsenic Annie, or just Annie, was the assassin. Her poison abilities were quite devastating, and if it wasn't for the rest of the teams immunity to it, they'd probably be dead.

In short, they were quite a deadly team. But of course, that's what they were made to be. The freaking wacko scientists offered money to volunteers for Project Alchemy, and a lot of people showed up. Most of them died. In fact, of the hundreds of volunteers, only seven survived the molecular transmutation. The government's never let go of them though.

Sending another kick towards the foam dummy, Zoey watched with satisfaction as it shot into the wall on the other side of the dojo. There was just something about watching it break into various bits that amused her, helping to ease her mood. Of course, the scientists wouldn't be happy, but whatever. Done working out, Zoey left the dojo before hopping in the shower, a fresh change of clothes nearby.

The shower was quite refreshing; no expense had been to much to disguise this prison as a great clubhouse or something. Sighing again, Zoey selected peppermint for the scent of the soap, pleased by the scent as it covered her body. Technology had certainly come a long way though. Most foods could be ready in under ten minutes, and delivered to you in any room in the building. But even that didn't change the fact that they had no freedom.

Ten minutes later, Zoey was dressing in her usual clothes: boxer briefs, black sweat pants, and a green apple tee, with a literal apple pictured on the front, though it was red. She had originally gone around in her gi more often than not, but it scared people quite thoroughly, so she had been "asked" to stop. Glancing in the mirror on her way out, she frowned as she saw the ends of her hair already curling. It made her look seven years younger when it curled up all the way, so it was kind of annoying. But she wasn't going to take the time to fix it.

Instead, she made her way to the living room, where she hopped on the couch, flicking on the video game console. Call of Duty was already in the system, so it was only a few minutes before she was in the fray, blasting bullets and other ammunition into her enemies, wishing she could do the same to the scientists.

Last edited by Angelo; 10-29-2011 at 11:14 PM..

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 10-23-2011, 09:25 PM

Aysel -AKA Decay- set off down the hallway from her room towards the kitchen, humming a tune softly to herself with a slight swing to her step. She was in a good mood, not that she was a morning person, but she just knew that her daily coffee awaited her in just a few more steps. However, something delayed her as she stopped just short of the kitchen to peek into the dojo. "Hmm?" she raised a curious eyebrow at the sight of bits of rubble near one of the walls. She reacted with a cringe when she realized that it was one of the training dummies, figuring that either 26 or Nano had been there earlier this morning. She could've never struck something with such impact, and the thought of their brute strength still stirred her a bit. The idea that the scientists would have to put in money to replace the equipment, though, caused a sly grin to cross her face.

Continuing her walk at a leisurely pace, Aysel rounded a corner, humming once more as she entered the kitchen. Taking some water from the sink into a glass, she stuck her finger into it to test the temperature. Withdrawing it once again, she was disappointed to see the yellow coloring of her skin, signaling that it was still rather cool. That was when the ricochet of bullets blared from the other room suddenly, her body tensing in instant response as the glass she'd been holding dropped to shatter on the floor. Sighing, Aysel shook her head at herself, a slow smile coming to her face as she realized who must've gotten up before her: Nano. Of course, that would explain the broken dummy as well.

Kneeling carefully, she picked up the pieces of broken glass, then put some coffee on. Rubbing her eyes groggily once, she wandered into the living room quietly. Seating herself cross-legged on the chair accompanying the couch, she watched the screen with the wide, curious eyes of a child, as Zoey went about playing Call of Duty-- a game Aysel never quite understood. "Morning. Coffee?" she asked at a point when the game quieted, her gaze moving to the red-head sitting on the couch.

As she asked, the aroma of the brew wafted past her, her nostrils flaring slightly as the scent teased her senses. As if it were calling to her, she would hop up from where she was perched, jogging into the kitchen to claim her reward. Aysel flicked the machine onto the custom setting she'd made for herself as she set a mug beneath its spout. Slipping onto the counter beside it, she swung her feet slightly in wait as her coffee was poured. The coffee itself was brewed strong, but the machine knowingly only filled her mug three-fourths of the way full, the rest topped off with a toffee-flavored creamer. What could she say? She liked her coffee sweet. Taking the mug eagerly, she blew gently into it to cool it off before taking a large sip and savoring it. If Zoey had accepted the offer, she'd use the machine's normal setting to make a mug for her as well before taking it out to her on her way through the living room. She, however, would continue on out of the living room and into the room where their miscellaneous interests could be met.

Aysel perched by the easel as usual, setting her coffee mug down on its accompanying side table as she slipped her thoroughly-used white apron on her head. Her arms reached around to tie its strings as she picked out a paint brush and a few tubs of paint. There she would sit, cross-legged once again, to do something productive to keep her mind going.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-24-2011, 04:31 AM

Anastasia, the young girl sometimes known as Arsenic Annie, rolled over in her bed and sat up, running her hand through sleep mussed hair. Even in her sleep she wore a long sleeved shirt and stockings. It was just in case someone who wasn't immune decided to shake her awake. She got dressed in her customary black shirt and skirt, with a new pair of stockings and her gloves. Only the skin on her face exposed, she padded out into the hall of the "home" of the Project Alchemy victims. She'd been here too long to consider it a prison, but it still wasn't a place she liked to be, because it reminded her of the fact that she was never going to be able to live in normal society. She often wondered what normal fifteen year olds would be doing, but tried not to let it bother her.

As Annie entered the living room she heard the familiar noise of bullets that meant that Zoey was up, and smelt the coffee that signaled Aysel. Wandering over to her usual seat in the corner, she picked up the dog eared copy of Twilight that she had left there the night before, and quickly zoned out. It would be another couple of hours before she was properly awake, but she could always read to pass the time. Someone would probably try and talk to her at some point while she was reading, but hoped they wouldn't, she'd lose concentration if that happened.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-24-2011, 05:58 PM

The sound of the heavy metal bar stacked with 150 pounds of weight on each side clanging into it's holder atop the weight bench, echoed through the weight room. 26 sat up, hardly breathing heavily as he grabbed the towel from the bench next to him and wiped his brow. He stared ahead at the mirror that covered the entire wall on the opposite side of the room as he stared into his own eyes. He had on a pair of baggy black pants, he was barefoot and shirtless, his sweaty muscles seemingly gleaming in the flourescent lighting of the place he considered a psyche ward. His face was expressionless, as it usually was, unless he was frowning.

Standing, 26 threw the small white towel over his shoulder, still glaring at himself, disgusted, not by himself, but by the situation he had been in for so many years. Sure, he survived the car crash thanks to these people, but he owed them no thanks. He would rather be dead than the lonely freak that he was now. His feet padding across the floor to the door, he shoved it open and stepped into the hall. The smell of coffee filled the air along with the sound of Nano's stupid war games. Frowning, knowing he would have to pass by the area that the others were surely in, 26 sighed as he headed in their direction, slowly, hoping they would leave before he got there.

Of course, when he reached the area, Nano, Annie and Decay were all there. 26 did a mental eye roll. "Stop that annoying racket," he ordered Nano from his spot behind the couch. When she didn't seem to hear him, being his own fault for speaking so quietly, he frowned deeply, closing his eyes for a moment as he contentrated. In the next moment her game box made a loud sparking noise and began to smoke, before the t.v. went blank. He hadn't harmed the television, just the ridiculous nonsense that kept Nano so occupied. "You should be training, it's almost time now," he said as he dissapeared from the room, headed to his own for a shower.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 10-24-2011 at 09:35 PM..

Whimsical Sadist
The Whimsical Sadist of Invincib...
Penpal

Old 10-25-2011, 09:26 PM

Quietly shuffling out her room Si's nose was slapped with a smell of disgust. "What is that smell?" She hissed, her nose wrinkled, floating her way towards the smell that was being emitted from the living room. Si wasn't at all surprised to find something smoking but rather more curious on why exactly it was. Finally reaching her desire destination, Si stared at the smoke coming from the small game box and lost curiosity causing her to laugh. Yes, it was a bit annoying hearing Nano play with it constantly and even more annoying when she had to hear its sound effects and Nano's own being placed on full blast, all the time. But seriously? That was a bit much. Walking closer towards the fried device Si got quite. In silence the device sent muffled buzzes and whips into her brain causing her eyes to slowly open.

"Seriously 26, you didn't have to murder it."
She sighed, rolling her eyes, as she knelt down to feel the hot destroyed metal. It made her sad to see an innocent thing tortured and nearly killed for no apparent reason. It was the exact feeling she felt every time she looked in the mirror and the exact feeling she felt anytime she looked at her fellow freaks. Shaking her head, she pushed off the floor, stood, and spun around only to find Nano staring at the burned game system she so deeply loved. "Don't worry. They'll replace it." She muttered, trying to be somewhat friendly as she scurried her way to the kitchen. All the smell of smoke was automatically replaced with a delightful smell of something hot and delicious: coffee. Something Si desperately needed.

Silently humming, Si poured a bit of coffee into her favorite skull mug and took a small sip. Taken back that its taste wasn't at all pleasing like she hoped she picked up her mug and dump the remaining coffee down the drain. "Tea it is." She circled around and looked through a high cupboard where all the tea was orderly arranged. The tea cupboard was her absolutely favorite part of the kitchen, inside were various teas from several different countries: England, India, Japan -- you name it. Everything was there. Slightly titling her head she pondered deeply. What would it be today? Earl Tea? Black Tea? Jasmine Tea?

Closing her eyes Si quickly chose a pack of tea. "Oolong Tea?" She whispered as she stared at the tiny box. Out of every tea she ever brew and tasted Oolong was something that strangely wasn't on her list. Curious to the sudden surprise and also a lover of trying new things, Si hummed once again and got out the electric kettle. In a few minutes she would get to taste her first ever cup of Oolong tea.

Last edited by Whimsical Sadist; 10-25-2011 at 09:29 PM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-29-2011, 11:46 PM

Mashing buttons on the controller, her tongue stuck out of the corner of her mouth as she focused, Zoey took down another enemy on the game, thrusting the knife in his collarbone before pulling out the machine pistol, and fired off several more shots to another group. To her, it was a way to forget about her situation, at least for the moment. It was easy to imagine that the enemy soldiers were the scientists, which made every creative kill infinitely more satisfying.

In fact, she barely heard Decay ask her if she wanted coffee. "Yeah, that'd be great," she called back to her, aware that she had dashed into the kitchen to get her own cup. "Thanks!" One good thing about being turned by these scientists was the friends she had made. Most of them got along pretty well, though there were still the ones who didn't want anything to do with anyone, like 26. That man seemed to hate everything, especially her. She personally believed that it was his injured, masculine pride, but she couldn't be sure.

Annie walked in after a little bit longer, plopping on the couch in the corner with another of her books, obviously well read. Zoey didn't like to read herself, mainly because she couldn't keep still for much longer than a page or two, but she could understand why Annie read so much. It was sort of like the games she played. She was always wearing clothing that covered her body, presumably for others' sake. She was poisonous to touch after all, though the other victims were immune.

Going back to her game, Zoey was unaware of 26 walking behind her, at least until the game system started shooting off sparks. Eyes going wide, she jumped to her feet before turning on him. She had managed to avoid him in the weight room earlier, but of course they wouldn't have been able to keep apart for one day. They always had issues like this. "What the hell!?" she called after him, tempted to throw a punch at him. Due to her strength, she was one of the only people who could actually hurt him, as iron for skin made a person pretty immune to a lot of impact.

Luckily for him that Si managed to show up, giving Zoey that moment of rationality to keep from socking him in the back of the head. "I know. It's the principle though," she responded, tossing the controller onto the floor without thinking. It burst like a ripe watermelon, pieces ricocheting off the walls before landing all over the room. Annie was lucky she didn't have one stuck in her head. "Crap! I'm sorry guys!" And then she was darting around, making sure she had all the pieces picked up and thrown away. She honestly didn't know her own strength.

Following Si, Zoey was still blushing brightly when she came across a mug of cold coffee. It was her own fault for not coming out to get it, but she didn't regret pouring it down the drain anyway. Living in opulence for several months led people to be more wasteful than they normally would. Not that it mattered though; everything thrown away was reused nowadays. Instead, she went over to the coffee maker to set it up herself. An eighth-cup sugar, Irish creme creamer, and topped with vanilla froth, all in rich, dark roast coffee. It certainly helped her to stop being angry with 26.

"How are you doing this morning, Si?" she asked, sipping at her hot beverage. One thing about having her powers was that she didn't suffer from heat, cold, or pain as much anymore. It still didn't make up for being trapped here though.

Last edited by Angelo; 11-24-2011 at 06:15 PM..

Arc Angel

Old 10-30-2011, 09:42 PM

Aysel was vaguely aware of Si's entrance as her brush slid steadily along the canvas before her, strokes of both vivid and more neutral tones blending together to give form to her work in progress. The sky she had painted first, as always. Giving careful thought to every cloud and awarding a select few with a silver lining with the sun's faint backdrop behind them, she would pause casually as yet another entered the room. Sighing softly, her head turned to look at Zoey's broken gaming console with a half-hearted grin. Her gaze didn't have to follow after the footsteps she knew to be 26's as she shook her head at him. "Piss off," she stated casually, though her tone stayed neutral. It was a casual remark for her to make, more a term of endearment she fancied using towards the doom-and-gloom member of their team.

Slowly, she once again turned to look over her canvas. The scene laid out for a calm day for whichever landscape she chose to finish the piece with, but as she picked up her paintbrush once again something flew at her with an astonishing pace. Her eyes widened suddenly and Aysel submitted to a force of habit-- her form dissipating to her gaseous state, leaving her paintbrush to drop with a soft clatter. It took but a moment for her to figure out that the flying projectile was a piece of something Zoey had broken, a blush clear on her face as her human body once again took form. Thankfully, by now the scientists had treated all of her clothing to react properly in time to her change in forms. "Er- that's alright," she replied with a small smile, leaning over to pick up her paintbrush and look for the piece of the controller that had flown her way.

Frowning slightly as Aysel could not see it on the floor, she shrugged and re-perched on her stool. However, looking back at her canvas, a soft, musical laugh sounded from her. One of the buttons had fixed itself to the center of her skyline, an amused glint coming to her eyes as she tilted her head slightly and looked at it. Slender fingers carefully moved forward, picking the piece off of the paint and wiping the blue off of the game piece with a corner of her smock. She would toss it into the garbage casually before fixing the uneven texture of the stroke it had interrupted. She then decided to take a break and turned to see that the others had left the room, leaving herself with the reading Annie. Wiping her hands off on her smock before slipping it over her head and off, hanging it on the side of the easel. "Twilight, I presume?" Aysel turned to look at Annie in curiosity, "Is it any good?"

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-31-2011, 03:28 AM

Annie looked up as the sound of gunfire was replaced by static. She held back a laugh as she realised what had happened. 26 had been in the project just as long as she had, so she was used to his temper, and had begun to see some of his more dramatic statements as funny. But she knew that Nano wouldn't appreciate the humor in her game being broken, so she kept quiet and carried on reading before holding the book above her head to avoid pieces of falling game controller.
"Hey!?" Was all she said to that though, not thinking it worth opening a conversation over.

She was just getting to the big revelation that Edward was a Vampire when she was distracted by yet another person coming in. Si left soon though, followed by Zoey, so Annie thought she was safe from conversation. Asyel seemed consumed by her painting after all. But she was wrong. Not long after the other two left Asyel abandoned her easel and moved to talk to her.

"Uhm, yeah, I guess it's ok. I dunno, we don't have much of a library here. They just kinda get whatever books they assume teenagers like." Annie shrugged. "I like some bits of it though. What were you painting? Before it got attacked by shrapnel, that is." Annie didn't mind talking to other girls too much, she just wasn't very good at it.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 01:39 AM

It was only a short time later that 26 was showered, in fresh clothing and sitting at a large desk in his room. Gadgets were strewn across the desk top among gears, screws, washers, small wrenches and screwdrivers, etc. from the things he had taken apart in some of the time he spent alone. 26 spent the majority of his time alone, rarely speaking to the others or participating in any of the group activities that were required in training. He seemed to prefer it that way, although that wasn't really the case.

He sat there putting together a clock he had taken apart the day before, in a deep concentration, his big manly hands making it far more difficult to handle the tiny peices than if he were, say, a female. Placing the screwdriver he held on the desk, 26 stretched. How long had he been sitting there, he didn't know. He instinctively looked to the bedside table to see the time, but the space where the clock belonged was empty. Right.

He leaned back in his chair, balancing it on two legs as he stared down at the clock that was now almost fully together. His thoughts were that of tomorrow's mission. What was their mission? They had been so vague in telling the team. 26 was anxious to know. Where would it take place, what needed to be done, was there a person in question, a city, a bomb? His mind raced as he became almost excited at the thoughts. He wanted nothing more than to be free of this place, although, he would not fit in anywhere else, this was truly his home.

26 sighed. Soon they would attend the briefing and know the details. His arms were crossed over his muscular chest as he stared blankly at the parts on the table, still balancing the chair on two legs. Deep in thought, 26 could have been on another planet and not even realize it now.

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 11-04-2011, 12:24 AM

Happily grabbing the kettle's handle Si poured the tea into her mug. Gazing at the cup Si waited patiently as if the tea would dance for her. Her mind spiraled with various thoughts. She never really didn't like something, in fact she loved pretty much everything she tried -- with only a few exceptions -- but what if this was an exception? Maybe she hadn't tried this Oolong tea before because her mind probably already knew she wouldn't like it. What if she already tried it and something caused her to forget the taste because it was simply horrible and she didn't want to remember? Si blinked and laughed. She had been over thinking like she usually did with things that worried her.

"Go on. Just hope it doesn't kill you." She joked as she took a hesitant sip. At the moment her lips made contact with the tea everything else seemed to vanish. She had overreacted. No way could something this delicious could possibly cause that much trouble and over thinking.

While savoring ever last drop of the Oolong tea Si nearly spilled her tea as Nano, who appeared out of what seemed thin air, spoke to her. "Fine," she muttered easing her hands. Si tried avoiding making conversation as much as possible in this place. Whenever she did however speak it was usually never longer than a sentence or two. But that changed when someone who she didn't really hate spoke to her first. "Sorry for your game." She whispered, actually trying for once, remembering that Nano never actually did anything to her.

Glancing past Nano's shoulder Si noticed Asyel and Annie in the room. How long had they been there? She wondered as she heard Asyel speak. Usually she would've noticed Annie out of the corner of her eye somewhere, but today it was different and she knew why. Whenever something caught her utmost focus and attention everything else seem to non-exist.

Last edited by Whimsical Sadist; 11-04-2011 at 07:42 PM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-04-2011, 10:20 PM

((musikfreakx: We need you to post. ;)))

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-11-2011, 05:27 AM

"It's fine," Zoey responded, taking another drink of her coffee. What to do now? There was always sparring, but it wouldn't last forever. The thought of the mission looming over her head made her heart race with anxiety. They had no idea what was going to happen, or what the mission was going to entail. Combat was a given, but other than that, they were left in the dark as usual. Suddenly feeling claustrophobic, Nano set her coffee down before darting out of the room and into the greenhouse.

The greenhouse, so called because of all the plant life, was equipped with solar-lights that allowed just the right amount of light to come down from the surface, while the room was kept artificially heated. It wasn't a greenhouse in the traditional sense, but the air was fresh, and it let Nano pretend she wasn't cooped up in a military complex fifty feet underground. The depth was to protect against nuclear strikes, of course, but it was still a pain. Breathing deeply with her eyes closed, she was completely unaware of her surroundings, instead just losing herself in the fragrance.

Nano really didn't care if one of her teammates came to check on her, though it would be nice. She liked to think of them as her friends, but she had never actually gotten proof that that was so. Life down here was so confusing! It had been so much better in Washington D.C. when all she had to worry about was the gang wars and if her family would make it to the next day. Leaning her head back, she started humming the tune to a song her father had put her to sleep with when she was a child. Hopefully she could put herself in a better mood.

Rolling out of bed, Jacob let his body turn liquid before reforming himself. Surprisingly, it was actually easier than standing up. He yawned loudly, cracking his jaw while he scratched his back and shuffled to the door. He opened the door slowly, like usual, aware that his skin was releasing toxic vapors as he stood there. He was releasing them less and less as he replaced the ion his body was made up of with non-ionic mercury, which let off no vapors. He could really sympathize with Annie in the poison category.

Having taken care of his morning business in the bathroom across the hall, universally accepted as his and Annie's even with no standing order, he shuffled back into his room, pulling on his usual clothes before heading downstairs, or a level, whatever, into the rest of the "house." Waving to Aysel and Annie, he shambled past them into the kitchen, eagerly seeking the waffle-maker. While he didn't need food, he could still digest it, so it was all good.

He managed to give Si a polite nod, barely recognizing her presence in his half-awake stupor. As the waffle-iron heated up, he mixed up the batter, setting the coffeemaker beforehand. Oh yes, his breakfast was going to be great as always. His mind couldn't help but wander though, and he found himself thinking of whether or not 26 would find his prank amusing. He had place a contact explosive underneath the bigger man's work desk, fully aware that if 26 dropped something, it would explode. It would certainly be hilarious anyway. "Hey? Where's Nano?" he asked, noticing her absence. She never slept in, and she was usually playing the game station. Had something happened?

Arc Angel:

Last edited by Angelo; 11-12-2011 at 11:50 PM..

Arc Angel

Old 11-11-2011, 10:01 PM

Hearing another person enter the room, Aysel turned to look at Jacob from over her shoulder, waving a little in reply. "Morning," she offered with a small smile before turning to look back over at Annie to give her a reply. The materials brought in for them to occupy themselves were limited, she knew, so she could easily sympathize with the lack of books. While Aysel wasn't one for doing much reading, she did enjoy art-- and with art came the need for supplies, which she received little of. She was lucky to get a few tubes of paint a week, as if that would keep her busy.

"Hmm. I might have to borrow that sometime," she replied casually, glad that there was at least some kind of decent reading materials around if she did ever find the need to read. Chances were that she would simply forget about the book the next day. "Oh, well," she started, glancing over at her canvas. One of Aysel's hands ran through the hair on the back of her head. What she'd painted was the beginning of a landscape-- a blue background, warm tones for sand rising out of it, the sky above the water bright with the colors of sunset, tracing the clouds she'd just added with a silver lining. The piece of the game controller that did hit her canvas merely interrupted one stroke of her brush, so it was easily fixed. "Eventually, it'll be a beach at sunrise. Or, well, what I remember of a beach," she laughed softly, somewhat cautiously, her thoughts muddled by childhood memories before she shook her head to rid herself of them. Her family used to have picnics on the beach on Sunday afternoons. Her parents would lay out a blanket and get their food ready while Aysel ran off to collect shells. It was bittersweet, in some ways, but it was one of the few blurbs of her previous life that she still remembered. The rest, she'd dismissed or simply forgotten.

Changing the subject as her gaze returned to Annie, her eyes were once again a bit wide with curiosity, as a child's may be, "Excited for tomorrow?" she asked, her feet swinging slightly. Aysel was rather excited herself. Getting out of the 'house' was a long-awaited dream of hers.

Carzeebear:

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-12-2011, 10:08 PM

Annie nodded her head in greeting to Jacob when Aysel greeted him.
"Of course" She replied with a smile as the older girl asked if she could borrow the book, and then she looked downcast as she began to talk about the beach. Annie had never been to the beach, never seen the ocean. She'd lived in the city for the eight years she'd spent living outside this place. She'd always wanted to see it though, so she worked up the nerve to ask a favour of the other girl.
"Aysel... Do you think I could have that painting when you're done with it?" She hesitated. "I've never seen the beach, and I think it'd be nice to have a picture like that in my room."
Then the other girl asked her something even worse.
"Excited? For the mission? No. I've been on missions before, and I always end up having to kill someone, someone who I don't even know deserves it." The fifteen year old test subject sounded far more aged than she was when she talked about the jobs they made her do. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I should probably go train."

There wasn't much training that Annie actually had to do. Her job wasn't on the front line, so she didn't really need weapons training, and her poisons were all natural, so she didn't really need to practice doing that. So instead of going to the training room when she walked away from Aysel, she wandered down to the greenhouse to check on Nano. It couldn't hurt to at least be nice to her fellow subjects, could it? After all, they were immune.
"Zoey?" She called as she wandered down into the basement that held the only plant life on base. "You down here?"

Kya Katsumi:

Last edited by Bearzy; 11-12-2011 at 10:16 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-21-2011, 02:39 AM

Still tilted back in his chair, two legs on the ground as he balanced above the floor, 26 was deep in thought about the mission ahead. He wanted nothing more than to be out of this place, and maybe, that would be his way out. What was he thinking, that was out of the question, this was his home. But still, he didn't want to be here. He had to try too hard to make these people hate him and stay away from him. Out there, in the world, he could just seclude himself, maybe on and island or something...

All the while he was thinking over his options, he flipped a screwdriver around his hand. Over and under, over and under... To anyone else it would have looked like a magic trick, the way he used his power to repel the metal away from him enough to keep it from touching his hand, but magnetized it enough to keep it flipping around and around. A deep frown creased his brow as he thought of an escape from these people. They would only track him down and then what?

An image flashed in his mind of the experiments, causing him to lose concentration, as the screwdriver hurled towards the desk top. In the next moment there was a loud boom and a bright flash. The explosive had detinated so quickly, that by the time 26 opened his eyes, he was already laying on his back, still sitting in the chair, staring up at the ceiling as smoke and bits of his wooden desk floated down around him. Jacob.

Whimsical Sadist:

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 11-22-2011, 06:24 PM

Suddenly surprised, Si watched Nano run off. Had she done something wrong? If she had, what was it? She warily thought. No of course not. She shook her head. Maybe Nano just was no longer interested in their conversation and had suddenly something else to do. Si quickly thought looking blankly at her cup.

"Yes that's probably it," Si whispered as she finished the remaining drops of her tea and silently turned towards the sink. Slowly and carefully she washed her favorite cup and placed it away in its usual spot when she noticed Jacob's presence. Jacob, probably just waking up, slowly nodded at her and received a slight nod from Si in return. Watching Jacob walk away Si decided to leave the kitchen as well. Today was finally a chance for everyone to stretch their legs and see the 'sights'. Si laughed as the thought danced in her head. Making her way to the couch Si slowly sank down. Their owners were finally let them have their mandatory walks and excepted the absolute best behavior. Meaning no accidents in the grass, or wildly running around like animals, or even worse not returning when they were called. Si suddenly became angry with herself. They weren't dogs, but every time there was a mission Si felt as if they were dogs following the commands of their masters.

The calming effect the tea gave her wore off and now she had become irritated. What were they going to do now? So far every mission they had done Si hadn't enjoyed or even liked for that matter. What was exactly next? She hadn't had the faintest idea. All was certain was they were going to the beach from what she had heard from Asyel and Annie and nothing more. Si quickly snapped out of her thoughts as she heard a loud noise coming from 26's room. A noise that sounded a lot like an explosion."Jacob..." She muttered as she remembered what 26 had done to Nano's beloved game. Si knew Jacob didn't take too lightly on anything that caused Nano to become upset.

Angelo:

Last edited by Whimsical Sadist; 11-22-2011 at 06:26 PM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-24-2011, 06:36 PM

Fingering several of the green leafy plants gently, Zoey made sure to water them as she walked by. She took care of the garden for the most part, as no one else really wanted to. But it made her happy. The plants expected nothing, yet gave so much. They didn't care if she didn't water them. They would die, taking their gifts with them, but they never urged or forced someone to take care of them. Still humming, she failed to hear Annie until she spoke, causing her to jump, the water can splattering water everywhere.

"Yeah, I'm down here," Nano muttered in return, frowning at the crushed can. Did she have to be such a klutz? For heaven's sake, all she had done was throw it by accident. Sighing, she picked it up and crumpled it into a ball before heading back towards the entrance to get another one. Then she spotted Annie, peering around for her, presumably anyway. Gesturing with the ball of tin in her hands, Nano explained, "You spooked me, and I accidentally threw the can."

Sighing, she grabbed another can while throwing the one she had destroyed in the recycling basket. The scientists would probably reshape it into a can, impossible for Nano; it'd just break again. "If you want, you can come with me," she offered, turning the water off before starting back in. "I need to water the plants, and I don't think I should go back out there yet. I'm feeling pretty claustrophobic right now."

The walls were too thick to allow the sound of the explosion from 26's workshop to travel down to Nano and Annie, but they could still feel the shock. It staggered Nano, and she looked to the entrance with a slightly puzzled expression, calculating where it had come from. Within moments, it became rather obvious that they weren't under attack like she had originally thought, which left one culprit: Jacob. Rolling her eyes, she chuckled before turning and making her way further in.

Hearing, as well as feeling, the explosion, the fully-awake Jacob celebrated for a moment before he realized that 26 would not be a happy camper. It didn't require rocket science to figure out that 26b would be beyond mad, though if it did, Jacob could have figured it out. Scarfing down the rest of his breakfast, he flew up to the next level, searching for the library. It was on the left right? Or was it right?

Eventually, he found it, slamming the door behind him as he ran to hide amongst the books. Encyclopedias, thesauruses, dictionaries... ah! Here it is! Textbooks! he thought, searching for a decent hiding place. But seriously, why couldn't they have more fiction to choose from? It's really no wonder none of us read anything.

Hopefully 26 wouldn't find him until he cooled off. Having those magnetic powers pointed at him wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't a liquid metal. Jacob could actually still remember having those electric currents run along his skin. Lord had it hurt! Turning to liquid, he infiltrated the gaps between the books, flowing until he was behind them. Two, three hours tops, should be plenty of time for the 26 to chill out. Jacob would be waiting for a while.

Arc Angel:

Last edited by Angelo; 11-24-2011 at 07:17 PM..