Clairefirestar9mm
Caboose :3

Old 12-17-2011, 08:14 AM

Earth, 2420.

War has ravaged the planet. While science has brought advances in medicine and technology, it has also advanced the art of warfare, and those countries too small or poor to afford it have been wiped off of the maps, taken in as part of another country or destroyed completely.

Nuclear warfare is not unheard of- what was once the great USSR has been reduced to an inhabitable, cruel, barren desert of ash. Fear has changed the face of the earth and the people inhabiting it.

Of course, while Nuclear warfare is a staple of life, biological warfare is not. And someone, somehow, has unleashed a virus that takes no prisoners. It offers no quarter, and those whose bodies cannot handle it die swiftly. Those who survive the virus are forever changed- they suffer ghastly mutations, becoming a species all-together inhuman. They have become the Caecis, a vicious, ruthlessly efficient species that evolved from the virus.

Regret has come too late. Astrologers are searching the universe desperately for a new home, but even with the ability to light-warp they know it will take far too long to find somewhere. So, to ensure the safety of the human race, the nations have sent a new colony of humans to a place where they are ensured safety.

The UNCS (United Nations Colonial Ship) Haven has been drifting in space for the past two years. The people aboard the ship await anxiously for news that somewhere has been found, that they will finally get out of space and go to a place they can call home. Some, however, are resigned to their fate, to travel the stars for the rest of their lives.

That may not be an option. A new threat hurtles towards them, and it will take the wolves among them to keep them safe- and if they fail, humankind will inevitably fall with them.

If There Are Wolves Among Stars
[introduction]

Last edited by Clairefirestar9mm; 12-18-2011 at 09:19 AM..

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-17-2011, 09:44 PM

Nuclear warfare on Earth started around 2330, when China unleashed a nuclear barrage on the eastern quarter of Russia. Ever since, the nations have been struggling with one another. The idea of biological warfare had always been present, but there had been an unspoken agreement that it would never go that far.

Someone has trespassed this agreement.

It started in 2397. People on the British Isle began to fall extremely ill. Panic swept over the earth; no one knew who unleashed the virus, but most suspected Japan as the perpetrators. It is still a mystery as to who unleashed the virus, but it doesn't matter anymore- it has spread across the Earth faster then fire through a forest.

The mutations didn't begin until 2399. People who looked like they would survive the viral infection became extremely violent, and when the mutating became noticeable they were locked away, screaming and raging. Before Russia fell, the Russian leader said the mutated beings should be killed. No one listened, but he was right.

The Caecis

Somehow, the mutated broke free from a restriction center in southern Europe, and started a bloody war, spreading infection and murder. The Nations set aside their petty arguments to form the United Nations Defense Force. In 2414, it became obvious that humanity might not survive. The Haven was launched two years later, as scientists began desperately searching for somewhere for all of them to go.

The Haven

For a while, things were dormant; there were no serious attacks, no cities wiped out. The humans began to relax- it would be their doom. in 2420, the infected, dubbed the Caecis, suddenly attacked a United Nations Space Center, killing all within. Everyone watched, in horror, as they launched ships suited for battle to chase the Haven and wipe out humanity's last hope.

[story]

Last edited by Clairefirestar9mm; 12-18-2011 at 01:26 AM..

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-18-2011, 01:28 AM

1. As creator of this roleplay, what I say goes. I will always explain my actions if questioned, and will listen to what you guys have to say, but in the end please bear in mind that my decision is final.
2. Follow Mene ToS, and keep things PG-13. That should be a given.
3. Please be respectful to your fellow rp-ers. We’re all here to create a story together, and while your character can be a total asshat, that does not excuse you from being polite to everyone in OOC chat. Cooperate with each other, and be open to compromises.
4. Godmoding in any way, shape, or form is not allowed (which includes auto-hitting and omnescience.) You cannot kill another character without the consent of me and the owner of the other character (you need BOTH, not one or the other.)
5. I ask everyone to be at least semi-literate here. “leet” and chat speak is not acceptable. Neither Is Talking Like This, or talkinq liek dis. I expect at least five sentences from everyone, although one-liners will be accepted occasionally provided that they provide something for someone else to interact with. (I.e. instead of “he sat” write “he crossed the room and sat down, his back turned to them.”) And please, do feel free to write more.
6. Leave room for others to join in whenever, and don't be rude and ignore others.
7. Please send me all profiles. Any posted here will be deleted/ignored. Highlight here: Please title all PMs "We Are Wolves" so that I know you read the rules
8. Please be realistic. Sure, technology is advanced, but people are still people. No special powers, no five-year-old assassins. Thanks.
9. I reserve the right to add more rules as I see fit, but I also promise I'll let you guys know if I do.

[rules]

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-18-2011, 01:34 AM

Again, please send all of these to me.

Code:
[ CENTER][ SIZE="1"][ B]Name:[/B]
[ B]Username:[/B]
[ B]Age:[/B] (any age welcomed, but be realistic.)
[ B]Biography:[/B] (Again, be realistic. You can't be six and have been expertly trained at weapons or something like that -________-)
[ B]Personality:[/B] (Can be short or long, but give us something. Please do not say “you’ll see.”)
[ B]Appearance: [/B](This should be decently obvious. Description or picture is fine)[ /SIZE] [ /CENTER]
[profile skeletons]

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-18-2011, 01:36 AM

Name: Genesis Halcyon Duscheynne
Username: Clairefirestar9mm
Biography: Genesis was born to a happy, loving couple. Her mother was a bit free-spirited (if her name is anything to go by) and raised her very well; her father was often gone because of his job as a pilot. When Genesis’ mother died when Genesis was only 8, she took to going with her father, learning the sky as well as she knew her own hands. She loved flying; it was a way to escape the harsh world that they had to live in, to ignore the desperate times that pressed around them. Her father remarried, and Genesis soon found herself with a little sister. She loved her sister, but hated her stepmother, and grew up reckless and a bit wild.
Genesis’ stepmother was one of the earliest victims of the virus, passing away in a nearby hospital. As things got worse, her father was slated to be the captain for the Haven- and as he would not leave his children behind, Genesis and her sister went along as well. Genesis busied herself with helping around, doing odd jobs and learning how to fix parts of the Haven.
Personality: She’s grown up a bit since boarding the Haven, but she’s still strong-willed and a tad reckless. She’s a tough, tomboyish sort of girl, and doesn’t take crap from anyone. Most of the time she’s pretty goofy. She can be serious when she needs to, and when she gets mad, she gets extremely mad.
Appearance:

Name: Alison Rosalie Carter-Duscheynne
Username: Clairefirestar9mm
Biography: Alison is Genesis’ half-sister. She was raised more sheltered then her older sister, her mother fearing for her daughter’s health and safety almost to the edge of paranoia. Alison adored her older sister, although the two barely spent any time together until after her mother passed away. She was often watched by Genesis and learned a lot from her older sister.
When they began living on the Haven, Alison didn’t adjust to it very well. The stress took a toll on her health, and to this day she’s still a bit fragile.
Personality: Alison is daintier then her sister. Highly sensible and extremely intelligent, she’s often the one who helps her sister cool off when her temper has blown. She’s very attuned to others, and always tries to make others feel better.
Appearance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed-Batman
Name: Ayden Turner Kane
Username:Derezzed-Batman
Biography: Ayden was born to a military father and doctor mother. His childhood was filled with learning, training and being left alone. But thanks to his parents he is more then capable of taking care of himself and staying alive. Once old enough he began to follow in his fathers footsteps, much to his mothers disapproval. He was married briefly but that ended up in a failure, since then Ayden's closed down.
Personality:Strict and self-reliant. His the type who prefers to work alone and will constantly remind anyone about that. If put in a group he will boss you around. If he does get attached to anyone, which he tries not to, he will silent care and protect you.
Appearance:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graxdon
Name: Commander Marcus Hurricane
Username: Graxdon
Biography: Formerly second in command to General Grant, the commander of the UNDF troops in charge of defending the colonists, Marcus became the new commander shortly after their journey began when Grant died of a heart attack. Since then Marcus has begun a push towards total military control both of the ship and their eventual colony, all to ensure a secure future. For most of his career Marcus served as an army pilot and exhibited extreme skill, daring, and loyalty.
Personality: Cold, manipulative, and power hungry.
Appearance:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamigirl
Name: Abhorsen James Phillip
Username: Okamigirl
Biography: Was born into a four person family, two brothers and his father, but his mother died shortly after giving birth to him, mainly because the birth was too much stress for her and too much strain on her body, and with all that was going on then, she couldn't handle it anymore. Has sparred with his brothers and dad, and also went into some martial arts training for about three years, when he was around 16, so he does know how to protect himself (if that's too much, please tell me)
Personality: Really energetic, and outgoing. Loves to socialize, and meet new people. He can get hotheaded occasionally, but other than that he's incredibly friendly and helpful. Can be kinda oblivious and gullible, though.
Appearance: Tall and well built. Has a thick mop of wavy, dark brown hair, which comes around his brows, which are actually pretty fine. He has a baby like face with bright blue eyes that stand out of his tanned face, though you can spot a few small scars here and there from rough tumbles and fights that got too serious.

[accepted profiles]

Last edited by Clairefirestar9mm; 01-02-2012 at 09:16 PM..

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-18-2011, 01:38 AM

The current status of characters
(alive/dead/injured)

-Genesis Halcyon Duscheynne: Alive
-Alison Rosalie Carter-Duscheynne: Alive
-Ayden Turner Kane: Alive
-Commander Marcus Hurricane: Alive
-Abhorson James Phillip: Alive
[stats list]

Last edited by Clairefirestar9mm; 01-02-2012 at 09:17 PM..

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-18-2011, 01:40 AM

The Haven is a massive space station equipped with everything the colonists need to live. The main body contains the hospital, communal kitchen, control room/cockpit and communications center, the garden area, and some living quarters for crew members. It also contains the hanger for smaller fighter ships, in case there is need of defense. The ring contains the rest of the living quarters.

The Haven is equipped with orbital defense canons, as well as smaller laser guns that can be manned manually or can operate automatically.

[The Haven]

Last edited by Clairefirestar9mm; 12-18-2011 at 05:37 PM..

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-18-2011, 01:40 AM

[reserved x2]

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-18-2011, 01:41 AM

[reserved x3]

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-18-2011, 01:42 AM

[open and accepting]

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-19-2011, 03:45 AM

Genesis sighed, sitting on the floor with her back against the cold metal wall. The access hatch next to her stood open, various wires and whatnot sticking out haphazardly. She'd told her father that she'd fix one of the circuit routes for one of the comm lines, but it was proving to be trickier then she expected. She wiped one gloved hand across her forehead, debating on whether she wanted to dive back in or take another five minutes.

"Gen!"

Genesis looked up as a familiar voice called her name; only one person called her that. She gave her little sister a smile as she traipsed over, a small bowl in her hands.

"Gen, you've mised dinner again," Alison scolded gently, sitting next to her sister and handing her the bowl. Genesis grinned as she took it with a grateful nod of her head, reaching out with one hand to ruffle her sister's lavender blonde hair.

"Thanks, mother," she said teasingly, nudging her sister with her elbow gently as she picked up the spoon. "Sorry, lost track of time. I told dad I'd fix this, but the da-- dang thing is a bit complicated." She gave her sister a guilty grin; she tried not to curse around Alison. The younger girl only rolled her eyes at her older sister. "What have you been up to all day anyway, Alli-cat?"

"Reading, mostly," Alison said with a shrug. "I wish I had some new books but I know I can't have any." Alison had a pretty formidable library, but Genesis' standards, but it only consisted of ten books. Ten very loved, well-read books, because that was all Alison ever really did, thanks to her fragile health. "Daddy says you need to go to training in a bit," she reminded her. Genesis sighed; Gen had been doing combat training since she was a young girl. It was what the world had required of them. Except now, she wasn't the one learning- she was the teacher. She taught some hand-to-hand techniques to the younger class, which consisted of mainly twelve to thirteen year olds. They may have lived in space, but they knew that whatever was out there could be more dangerous then what they had escaped.

"Thanks for reminding me," she said with a grimace, ruffling her hair again. "But I need to fix this Fu--- uh, this route first." Alison rolled her eyes again as Genesis grinned, finishing the last of her food before trying to figure out the wiring once more.

Derezzed-Batman
I Fight for the Users

Old 12-19-2011, 04:05 AM

Ayden wasn't used to slow days. He was used to the hustle and bustle of everyday activities, training, working, you know normal things to do upon Haven. But ever since he injured his arm he was on bed rest. His arm didn't even hurt any more, but just to be safe the Dcotor's, his mother one of them, wanted him to have some more time off. He did not like this one bit. Staying still had always been a problem of his, and after a few weeks of this, his was more then ready to be sprung free.

Frowning he pushed himself up off of the bed in is small, Sparten quarters, and hastily through a jacket on over his t-shirt. He was done with playing the patient. Leaving his room, he passed doors and people not stopping until he got on a lift, heading down to the training area. Here new-recruits and the young were being taught the basics. How to fight. How to survive. He could remember when he was a child and his father had brought him here the first time. It was fascinating. The precise, synchronized movements of the soldiers mesmerized him.

Today though the area wasn't exactly busy. There was a class on the field, a group of children huddled around doing warm up stretches or talking amongst themselves.They teacher had yet to arrive he noted, buying a container of water on his way over to the few seats lined up against the cold metallic walls. He sat down with a thud, and popped open the water. Cold blue eyes kept watch on the scene before him, as he took a long swig from the bottle.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-19-2011, 07:10 AM

Genesis made a sound of frustration in the back of her throat, banging her fist against the metal wall. She winced, gritting her teeth as her hand throbbed.

"You really shouldn't hit things," Alison observed sagely. "What's up?"

"I can't figure this out right now," Genesis said with a sigh. She hated admitting defeat- it just wasn't her thing. "I gotta go teach my class, anyways," she added, checking the digital clock over one of the doors. The numbers blinked at her in a neon green, telling her she had five minutes before she was late. She pulled her gloves off, stowing them in her pocket. "You coming along, Alli-cat?"

"Sure," Alison said, shrugging. She clambered clumsily to her feet, brushing imaginary dirt off of her warm, dark green jacket. It looked like a ridiculously warm coat, but it was cold in space, and Alison was so little. Genesis got to her feet, stamping them slightly to wake up her foot before slinging an arm around her sister.

"Hey, maybe you can join in today," she teased, as they began down the hall. Alison quirked an eyebrow at her sister, shaking her head. Genesis laughed; Alison hated fighting. In some ways, the two sisters were complete opposites. Alison was tiny, fragile, with an angelic face, while Genesis was tall and slim, finely toned muscles accentuating her frame; the epitome of an Amazon.

"I'll watch, thanks," Alison said. Genesis grinned and mock-punched Alison in the jaw, brushing her knuckles against her jaw gently before pushing the door open. Alison ducked out from under her sister's arm, going to sit at one of the tables as Genesis walked over to where her "students" were waiting.

"Alright guys, line up," she called out, clapping surprisingly delicate-looking hands together to get their attention. She pulled her hair up into a messy ponytail as they all came over, a line of gangly boys and thin girls. "Do your stretches, I'm going to get the mats out." She left the children to stretch (they talked rather animatedly as they did so, filling the room with their chatter.) She crossed the room to find the training mats; she noticed someone sitting against the wall near the cabinet where the mats were kept, sipping at water. She recognized him; after being on the ship for so long, she knew most of the people here. But his name escaped her mind, so she only smiled and nodded to him.

"You here to enjoy the show," she asked, pulling out her keys and unlocking the cabinet. She reached in and began hauling out the heavy mats, piling several up on the floor to carry over.

Derezzed-Batman
I Fight for the Users

Old 12-25-2011, 10:51 PM

"So far...no," Ayden replied a slight smile on his lips. "In my opinion the teacher isn't doing that good of a job," he joked.

He leaned forward on his chair and stared up at the girl with dark eyes. They weren't exactly friends but living on a small ship like this, you get to know everyone after a while, especially when you're apart of the same field. Slowly he stood up and stretched his arms. "Need any help?" he asked, walking towards the pile of mats.

Coming in at 6'2", Ayden stood over the girl now, he grinned his hands on his hips.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-25-2011, 11:15 PM

Genesis snorted, tossing her head to get her bangs out of her eyes. She could remember his name now- Ayden, wasn't it? He was a couple years older then her, so they'd never really been part of the same "group." "Well, I haven't started working my magic yet," she said, her lips turning up into a quirky grin. She hauled another of the mats out, scowling at the sweaty-smelling mats. She wasn't a weak girl, but the mats were huge compared to her, and even she had trouble wrestling them over to where they needed to be placed.

Still, she was stubborn, and it took a few seconds of struggling with the mats before she looked back up at him. "Maybe," she admitted, looking up at him; he fairly towered over her tiny 5'2" frame. She had to swallow her pride on this one- the kids would get restless and antsy if she took too long setting up. "Usually I'd have this stuff all set up before the class started, but I got caught up in some work..." she trailed off, wondering why she felt like she had to explain herself to him. With a shrug, she grabbed the edge of two of the mats and began to drag them along the floor.

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2011, 07:18 PM

"Work, huh? So, Ms. Duscheynne, what part of our wonderful home was falling apart this time?" Commander Marcus Hurricane approached the two from one of the room's side passages, dressed in his customary black/gold uniform. He smiled politely before turning to Ayden, saying, "And Private Kane, I heard you were to remain in your bed? Good to see you're stronger than the doctors thought. How's the arm, think you'll be fit for active duty again soon?" Though most of the military people on the ship had started to neglect wearing their uniforms, since Marcus' rise to ranking army officer, all the army troops had gone back to wearing their uniforms when on duty, and so had several others of the other branches, to those aware of his hunger for power, it was a visual example of his spreading influence, but to those wearing the uniforms, it was due to their belief in his brighter future.

Derezzed-Batman
I Fight for the Users

Old 12-29-2011, 08:30 PM

Ayden walked over and helped the girl with the mats. He chuckled lightly remembering that Genesis was always known for fixing things. His smile dropped however when the older man came over to them. Higher ranking officers always reminded him of his father, and they did not get along all that well these days.

"Commander Hurricane," he replied forcing a friendly smile. "If it was my choice I would already be back on duty."

He gave the Commander a salute before continuing to help Genesis.

Last edited by Derezzed-Batman; 12-29-2011 at 08:32 PM..

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-30-2011, 08:20 AM

Genesis looked up as Commander Hurricane approached, a frown wrinkling her brow before she caught herself and smoothed her face into a perfect mask of neutrality. "Well, Commander, sometimes it's better to ask what parts aren't falling apart," she said with a small smile. "We had some problems with the Comm system, nothing I can't have fixed once I get the class done." It wasn't a complete lie, at least- she could get it fixed, just not as quickly as she portrayed. She hated showing weakness, especially to the officers.

Genesis was never quite sure where she stood when it came to Officers. She was not one, so she supposed she was a civilian. But her father was the Captain, so some of the younger men didn't know how to treat her either. She usually ended up in the weird in-between place that varied from nervous respect to being looked down upon. This was especially so with Commander Hurricane- it wasn't just a question of her standing, it was the fact that something about him made her... uncomfortable. It was the power lust, she figured. No one wore their uniform like that unless they were seriously trying to suck up.

"Thanks for the help," she said, flashing Ayden a smile as they got the mats settled. "Sorry to leave you to the wolves like this, but I should probably get class started." She almost added an I'll see you later, but the words caught in her throat, and she instead just smiled again, then bobbed her head to Commander Hurricane before turning to her kids and clapping her hands.

"Alright, starting formations!"

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-30-2011, 08:40 PM

Commander Hurricane nodded to Genesis before turning to Ayden, saying, "Very well, you have me convinced. I hereby clear you for duty, if the chief medical officer tells you otherwise, tell her to talk to me. You can have another hour of medical leave, then I want you back in uniform and reporting in at the barracks." With that, he turned and strode off, heading towards the various tables where water bottles and snacks were laid out for the tired trainee's and took a seat near Allison, nodding to her with a smile, saying, "Good evening Allison, how are you feeling today?" Though with most civillians he carried a mask of polite neutrality, when it came to Allison, he was genuinely kind, finding Allison embodied everything he wished to protect. He had even given her a few of the non-military books he had managed to cram into his bag when they left.

Okamigirl
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-03-2012, 06:28 AM

Cool wind swept across Abe's face as it blew across a splendid field, one which seemed to stretch on and on. Taking in a deep breath, the youth attempted to take a step forwards, but his feet jerked to a stop, causing him to fall into the high grass. Unsteadily rising back up, Abe gently attempted to tug his feet loose of whatever was holding them down, but to no avail. Sighing deeply, the young adult once again looked out across the glorious landscape, and spotted something wrong. He could see in the distance a spreading brown and black, and soon realized that all of the vegetation was quickly dying. As it neared him, Abe's heart beat quickened, and he once again, more desperately this time, tried to free his feet, to move them into action. Nothing happened, and soon the strange phenomenon was upon him, and everything went black. Talons grabbed at him and pierced into his skin, and even though Abe did everything he could to free himself, the claws mercilessly tore at every bit of flesh they could get to.
"Abhorsen!" Eyes flying open, Abe woke up to his brothers tugging him out of bed, just before he landed hard on the ground, his had smacking against it loudly. Their father stood before him, a stern look on his face, and Abhorsen inwardly groaned.
"What were you doing sleeping in like that?" Abe's father demanded. Mark was his name, and he was actually shorter than all three of his sons, and he didn't seem all that threatening, but his voice, and the way he acted always got them to pay attention, or cease a senseless squabble. He was a great power figure, and all three of the boys respected him deeply.
"Well I-" trying to answer his father was pointless, as Mark broke into his sentence with such ferocity that it practically struck Abe dumb.
"No. There are no excuses for sleeping in late. You'll have to pay for this, you know that, don't you, Abhorsen?" Mark berated his son continually, and paused only briefly to allow his son to nod embarrassingly. "Come find me in the mess hall after you get dressed. We'll go find some work for you to do then." Both brothers shrugging apologetically as they left their brother alone in his room, Abe could feel chagrin building up inside him as he got dressed.
(Hey, is it all right if I don't make Abe's family a skeleton?)

Okamigirl
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-03-2012, 11:45 PM

After putting on a simple, loose blue t-shirt and a pair of fading gray jeans, Abe quickly stretched before leaving his room and meandering over to the mess hall. Striding out through his narrow door frame, the young adult made his way through the rather complex dormitories. Passing a few groups composed of teenagers and preteens, Abe smiled and said good morning to all of them energetically, his outgoing nature seemingly brightening up the quiet, sleepy dormitories. (Those adjectives seem more fit for people XD.)
As Abe broke out of the dormitories and into a larger area, he chose one route that led towards the mess hall and made his way towards it. This was about the time that he suddenly remembered that there was supposed to be someone teaching hand-to-hand combat, which he had been meaning to attend for awhile now. Almost backtracking to another pathway, which would lead to those lessons, Abe stopped himself quickly, and forced himself to go the other way, a frown twisting on his face, and his brows furrowing.
'Well, I'll always be able to go next time.' he thought optimistically, a huge grin plastered on the youth's face.