Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 05-06-2015, 01:29 AM

As Vanity spoke, Ange nodded his head every now and then, carefully watching her hands as she pointed and moved across the paper. He felt a little strange as she glanced at him and he allowed his eyes to leave the map and stare back at hers for a while. It made him feel strange the way she looked at him, but he shook off the feeling and went back to the task at hand. He didn't have time for developing a crush, he needed to escape!

"How will we get passed the 'patrol' guards?" Ange asked, he came a little closer to Vanity, though if she noticed he'd swear it was just so he could see the map better. He calmed a significant amount and he was feeling s lot less angry around Vanity. Who knew? Maybe she was his quick cure for rage? He relaxed and leaned his head on this palm as he looked down at the map.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 05-06-2015, 04:31 PM

Vanity sat back in her chair, since she was finished explaining her plan. When he asked about the patrol guards, she merely smirked a devious smirk. "Just leave them to me, and any other guards that try to stop you from escaping." She said, slowly sitting straight up and lacing her fingers together. "I think it's about time I told you why I'm here..." Vanity said quietly, her magenta eyes moving to the table.

"Some years ago, my father was an exorcist in our little town..he thought it would be cool to take his eleven year old daughter to an exorcism- his mission was a simple low-leveled shadow walker, don't ask what they are I can't explain it. Anyway, other parents were doing so he thought it would be alright... Nobody knew that there would be a soul eater lurking in the shadows. While he was busy taking care of the shadow walker, the soul eater found me just watching my father work. By time my father erased the soul eater, I was no longer his sweet an innocent little Sarah." She said to him, ignoring the memories of that dreadful day as she spoke.

"The soul eater did something to me... As the days passed, all I could think about was how much I wanted to see people bleed and scream. When my father could no longer control my lunacy or my newly gained ability- he sent me here, to get help." Vanity finished her back story and looked at him to see his reaction. She wasn't expecting a bad one, she was just curious. After a moment, she glanced at the metal fork on her tray and made it lift off of the tray without moving a finger.

Kory

Old 05-07-2015, 01:44 AM

At first, as Vanity began to tell her story of how she came to the hospital, Ange was not impressed and frankly, didn't really care anymore why she was there. He trusted her now and thought that maybe it didn't even matter why she was there. He let his mind wander as he looked at her, though, he wasn't actually seeing her, he was just staring through her to the wall behind her head.

It was when Vanity moved the fork without her hands that Ange's eyes went wide and his mouth opened in a silent gasp. He stared at the fork as it levitated in the air, then his eyes darted to Vanity. "You..." He started but the rest of his sentence died on his tongue. He tried again, "You... You're... You're amazing." He choked out. "With power like that, we'll definitely be able to get out of here!"

He was so amazed, he didn't realize when he started to use some French words in his vocabulary that he tended to use subconsciously when he became enraged or excited. "Why didn't you tell me this sooner?!"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 05-07-2015, 02:36 AM

Vanity didn't care if he cared or not about why she was here, she thought he deserved to know. So she told him. She stared at him with curious eyes when he had to choke out his sentence. It made her turn a little pink and she moved her gaze away from his. "I..." She murmured quietly. "I'm not supposed to use it..." Vanity said, almost forgetting about the levitating fork. "I have a tendency to lose control of it.." She added quietly. One of the guards noticed her using her power and stalked towards her. "Hey, what did we tell you about using that?" He called to her. Vanity quickly glanced at the guard. "Well, I shouldn't have been given a metal fork." She snapped. "Sarah, drop the fork."

Vanity's eyes narrowed and she moved the fork towards him, as if she were going to attack him with it, and she slowly rose her from seat. "My name is Vanity!"She said in a dark tone. When the fork was right below his throat, she stopped it and it hovered in place. "Why can't you stupid people get that right?!" She said in the same dark tone as a few moment prior.

Kory

Old 05-08-2015, 03:00 AM

Ange watched the exchange curiously, he was tempted to jump in and push that floating fork deep into the guard's throat. He deserved it, after all. Paige wasn't too sure what was stopping him from doing just that. Maybe it was common sense? Maybe he just didn't want to kill anyone in front of Vanity? Either way, something was stopping him from acting out in his urges.

Instead he took to yelling, his accent sounding as though it got a little thicker. Perhaps from hi becoming so excited just moments earlier, "You meatheads won't keep us here!" He laughed. "Now I see why you're still here, you're scared. And you have every damn right to be, you deserve to be scared shitless! Because me and Vanity are going to prove you all wrong! You'll see!" He shouted as he stood up from where he was sitting at the table. "You'll ALL see!"

Without thinking, he ran to grab the fork from the air where it was hovering and he turned to grab Vanity's hand. "Come on!" He said, his mind rushed into the plan. They were already in deep shit, may as well go out with a bang.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 05-09-2015, 12:30 AM

Vanity watched Ange with wide red magenta eyes. She couldn't believe it... Did she finally have somebody to trust? Maybe even to call her special somebody. The thought made her all bubbly inside. Just as she reached to take Ange's offered hand the guard went to call in, what they called a "situation" about two patients that had threatened the life of a guard and were now causing a ruckus. Vanity used her power to break the walk-talkie by just glancing at it, and the guard slapped her out of anger. Vanity just stood there for a minute, her white hair covering her now brightened pink eyes. Now seeing what he had done, he tried slowly backing away from the girl who was now slowly turning her head to look at the guard. Her blood boiling.

As he turned to run, the other guards came into the scene. The one who hit her found himself slowly rising into the air, using the metal on and in his uniform. She was silent, her hair slightly "floating" around. "Put him down!" One of the guards yelled, pointing a shaky gun in her direction- as were the other guards. A small twisted smirk tugged at the corner of her lip as she proceeded to take the gun off of the guard in air and pointed his own gun at him. The guard in the air was squirming about in a frantic fear of being shot.

(ooc: sorry if it's too much x3
i had a dream last night and decided to use it in the role play~))

Kory

Old 05-11-2015, 08:50 PM

Ange turned around and watched in amazement as Vanity used her... magic? Power? Whatever it was... to point the gun at the guard. While Ange couldn't say that his record was completely clean of violence, he didn't believe in killing without just cause. Normally, his common sense was turned completely off, but in this special case, he couldn't help but fear the outcome of what would happen if Vanity actually DID kill this guard.

He grabbed Vanity by her arm and tugged. "He's not worth it, Vanity..." He said softly. "Let's just go while we're still ahead. Dealing with him will slow us down."

He took off running in the direction of the secret room Vanity had told him about, hoping that she'd let his words sink in and she'd follow him soon. Once he got halfway down the hall he turned back and yelled, "Come on!"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 05-12-2015, 02:15 AM

Vanity was staring the floating guard down. When Ange grabbed her arm and tugged, she glanced at him from the corner of her eye. Looking around the room, at all of the surrounding guards, ready to shoot her if she went through with her thoughts. Closing her eyes and practically forcing herself to calm down. Her eyes returned to their natural dark red magenta eyes as Ange's words swam around her head. She dropped the guard and his gun before running after Ange when he called for her.

The guards all surrounded the one that had been taken hostage by Vanity's magical ability. Making sure that he was okay and in one piece.

Kory

Old 05-13-2015, 02:25 AM

Without stopping to see if Vanity was following, Ange took off in the direction of the secret room, though, he couldn't remember what direction that was, truthfully he just ran wherever, hearing Vanity's footsteps close behind him. He'd keep running until Vanity told him to stop. After all, the more distance between them and the guards, the better!

Ange continued to run, but called out to Vanity behind him, "You showed those assholes who's boss, Vanity!" Then he thought as he was running, "We're going the right way, right?" He asked.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 05-14-2015, 09:39 PM

Vanity was following behind Ange and was soon caught up to him, running right next to him. When they reached the end of the long hallway she skid to a stop- gently grabbing Ange's hand so that he wouldn't run passed her, and looked down the two hallways that were aligned with rooms, just to pin-point where they were. She could see the guards room down the hallway to the left and let go of Ange's hand. There were also patrol guards about. Only two or three, she could easy handle those numbers. She looked at Ange. "Our destination is just down that hallway." She said, pointing to the room at the end of the left hallway. "Stay here until it's clear. Got it?" She said to him quietly.

Vanity casually walked into the open and took a left, towards the guards. She used just enough of her ability to distract the nearest guard, which called for the other guards. When she had them distracted, she ran- and they followed, giving Ange the clearing that he needed.

Kory

Old 05-17-2015, 03:08 AM

Ange was bewildered when Vanity ran passed him, guards chasing her. He was torn between wanting to run after her, or to listen to her words and stay put. He stood in place, staring dumbfounded for a moment, listening to the stomping of heavy feet as the guards chased Vanity.

He waited for a minute, then two before cursing himself for being so foolish. He took off towards the room at the end of the hallway. He trusted that Vanity would return to him soon. In the meantime, he stumbled around in the darkness of the 'secret' room, looking for a tool to use to dig the tunnel to escape.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 05-30-2015, 02:46 AM

(LOVE your avi ava!!)

Vanity glanced back down the hall to see what Ange was doing. Why was he hesitating? He knew the plan- what was he thinking, just standing there? She hoped like hell he wasn't thinking about worrying about her as the guards chased her. She had already told him that she wouldn't be going with him! After a bit longer, she saw him head into the room, and allowed herself to be tackled by the group of guards.

They had her pinned, and they were strong. As one big group, as individuals they were weak. When they began to pull her to her feet to take her to her room, she stopped and thought for a moment. Maybe she wanted to go with him after all... She hung her head as the guards practically dragged her back to her room, or that's where she thought they were taking her. The world didn't need her and neither did Ange. Besides, this way he had more time to dig. After a few minutes of being dragged along, she realized that they weren't going to her room.

"Hey guys..where are we going?" She asked the guards curiously. "Oh, we got somewhere special to put you." One guard answered her before sticking something in her neck that knocked her out..

Kory

Old 06-01-2015, 01:37 AM

((Thanks! Sorry this is a long post, I actually had more I wanted to add, but then I thought the post would get too long! So I ended it here. :) ))

For a while, it seemed that Ange would never, ever find something to dig with! What the hell?! Where the hell did hospitals keep sharp, pointy objects?! If not here then WHERE?!

Ange frantically began to search around the darkness of the room, stumbling around, tripping over random objects that laid waste in the shadows. He finally settled for having to use some of the various chemicals that he was able to scrounge for as he dug through the mostly empty cabinets. He was familiar with some chemicals and hoped that if he mixed the right ones he could at least create a powerful bomb that might be able to loosen a hole in wood, or at least, rot the wood fast enough that he could begin to dig.

He was slightly comforted by the sounds of Vanity struggling against the guards. It told Ange that she was in close proximity and that she'd return to him soon enough... He made himself busy with the chemicals and began to dump them onto the floor, careful not to get his shoes in the way, and he mixed various chemicals together until a powerful, eye watering odor rose from where he'd spilled them on the floor.

As Ange began to back out of the room, he noticed there was no noise. Just silence. Where was Vanity?!

"Vanity?" Ange asked. "Vanity!" He didn't realize how fast he was going until he looked down to see he had broken off into a full sprint down the hall looking for Vanity. The guards must have taken her someplace. For once in his life, Ange honestly felt bad. If he had just stayed with Vanity instead of following the plan, she'd probably be safe and be alright. It was his fault she may be in danger. What does it matter to you if she's in danger? He thought to himself. Ange shook that thought from his head. Whether he liked to admit it or not, he'd grown to like Vanity. Okay, maybe not like... He's at least grown to tolerate her and it was painful to imagine the thought of someone who is so different and maybe even understanding to suddenly be GONE!

"VANITY!" Ange screamed. He knew he was probably gaining the attention of the hospital guards, but he didn't care. He was thin and nimble enough to outrun circles around these guards.

He finally caught sight of Vanity's silvery hair as she was being dragged along by the guards. "Vanity!" He yelled. The guards didn't seem to pay much attention to Ange at all, in fact, they seemed very focused on Vanity and getting her to where they thought she needed to be. It enraged Ange and he lashed out at the guards.

Thankfully their hands were full with Vanity, but once he'd started to attack one guards, the others took off in the opposite direction, almost as if fighting Ange wasn't worth the time it took. Ange was aggressive in his fighting, he bit the guard, ripped the guard's uniform and even grabbed the guard by the hair and slammed his face into the wall several times. If that wasn't enough to kill the man, it would certainly be enough to greatly injure him... And it would certainly hurt for a long while. Ange felt a sick sense of pride sneak into his soul as he took off to attack the other guards who were now running down the hall with Vanity in tow.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 06-01-2015, 02:32 AM

(lol, i love it!)

The shit that they stuck in Vanity's neck must've been strong, cause she was out cold. And that didn't just happen with any drug. It took quite some time of Ange screaming and the other guards yelling as they each got attacked by the angry french kid, before she slowly started coming to. Her dark red magenta eyes began to flutter under her heavy eyelids before slowly managing to crack themselves open just enough to see a big blurry scenery. She was much to out of it to see anything clearly. "Ange...?" She asked herself in a quiet groggy slur.

What was he doing? Why wasn't he trying to escape? Her eyelids began to slide shut and one of the guards towing her noticed her coming to. He wasn't worried though. Not unless she gathered enough of her mind to fight back and stuff. Vanity fought with herself to open her empty eyes again and keep them open so that she could at see a picture, even if it was completely blurred. She wanted to know what was going on. Vanity was positive that this couldn't have been the same Ange she spoke to about breaking out- he didn't care about anything but escaping! Yet there he was, attacking the guards. For her?

Hah! Who was she kidding? No matter, she couldn't just let them drag her away now that she was partially conscious. No way in hell was that happening. Vanity closed her eyes and began to focus on moving her limbs, if she tried to use her power, Ange could get hurt- or killed. She wasn't going to let that happen. Her limbs twitched slightly when she tried to move them, and after a moment or two she managed to slip right out of the guards' hands and plop to the ground on her butt right before Ange attacked the guards who had her.

Vanity sluggishly crawled over to the nearest wall and leaned up against it. She felt sicker than a dog and her head was spinning- probably a nasty side affect from the drug they shot into her.

Kory

Old 06-02-2015, 04:24 AM

((Haha! I lol'd at the 'angry French kid'!))

Blinded by pure rage, Ange continued to pound the guards into the ground, using his full strength to beat them over and over again. He slowly began to settle down a little and he continued to punch one of the guards he'd knocked to the ground in the face, over and over until his fists were bloody. Ange couldn't tell if it was his own blood, or blood from the guard. Maybe it was a mixture of both? Very slowly, Ange felt his heart rate slowly drop, and with each second his heart began to slow, he delivered another lunch to the gusrd's face... As his heart reached its resting rate, his punches subsided and he stared down at the guard from where he knelt next to his face. Ange was panting... Beating people up surely took a lot out of you!

Ange turned to Vanity, noticing the ugly shade her skin was turning into. He ran to her side, slowly slipping one of her arms over his shoulders.

"Don't think I am helping you because I care about you." Ange snorted. "You said you'd find the tools... You can't find them if you're locked up somewhere." Or dead. Ange thought, but the words didn't leave his tongue and he wa grateful for that. "Steady, Vanity." Ange spoke as he helped her to her feet. "What did they do to you?" Ange asked, but he didn't wait for an answer, after all, it was a rhetorical question.

"Those assholes!" Ange growled. "You'll have to come with me, Vanity. This place... It's no good for either of us. We need to escape. Now!"

((Sorry it's so short!))

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 06-03-2015, 12:17 AM

(it's cool ^-^)

Vanity bit her lower lip. Tools..that's right... She thought to herself as she heard Ange's voice. Vanity's hair covered her eyes as he helped her stand and dd her best to move her legs. "I know you don't care..all you care about is escaping..." Vanity murmured quietly, her hair still covering her blank eyes. He's right..heh... I forgot all about looking for the tools... She thought to herself. "Hell if I know." She muttered in a slightly slurred voice.

Vanity winced a little when he got loud and wished she could've covered her ears, then looked up at him through the corner of her eye. Sighing and looking at the floor as they walked back towards what she guessed was the guards room, she gave in. "Fine- I'll go with you..." She murmured, not really capable of arguing.

Kory

Old 06-05-2015, 02:32 AM

Ange was careful with Vanity as he watched her take a few steps. She seemed wobbly on her feet so he slipped one of her arms over his shoulders and helped her walk a little back to the guard's room. As much as Ange didn't want to rush Vanity, (after all, she'd just been unconscious less than five minutes ago!) they needed to get out of there now if they ever wanted to get out alive!

He grew impatient and slipped his other arm underneath Vanity's legs and asked... No, demanded,

"We gotta get out of here NOW. I'm gonna have to carry you."

Ange, surprisingly waited for Vanity to consent before picking her up, however. Hoping she was aware enough to make the decision herself, but if she didn't respond in another two seconds, he'd pick her up and run her down the hall to the guards room anyway.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 06-05-2015, 03:39 AM

If it weren't for Ange slipping one of her arms arm over his shoulders, she probably would've collapsed. Her body wasn't wanting to move at all, so her fighting with it was really making things worse for herself. She had been drugged dozen's of times for multiple reasons- but this was by far the strongest drug she had been put into her blood. What was it, Pentothal (a.k.a thiopental)? No..this was stronger. Was it some kind of coma induction injection? Her eyes widen a little and she bit her lip. If that was the case, she would be in a lot of trouble if she passed out. She had to stay awake until the effects wore off. This was going to be fun...

Barely hearing Ange's words, she noticed how he had slipped his free arm under her legs. Honestly, his touch made her a little tingly, but she ignored the feeling and slowly lifted her head to look at him, nodding lightly. She guessed that he was wanting/ needing to carry her so they could get out alive. "I don't care, do what you need to do..." She said quietly, just loud enough for him to hear her.

---

Kudos to General anesthetics | Drugs.com

Kory

Old 06-06-2015, 02:58 PM

As soon as he heard her soft voice telling him she was alright with him picking her up, Ange gently scooped her up into his arms, he wasn't surprised that she wasn't that heavy. She was actually quite light. He looked around, just making sure here were no guards coming. Then, he took to running down the hall, back towards the guards' room.

He was sure that the chemicals he'd thrown onto the floor had eaten through the wood by now and that it was only a matter of digging. Frankly, he didn't think that they'd have time for that. It would take too long to dig, especially now with Vanity out of commission. Ange's mind was going a hundred miles a minute as he thought over other ways to get out...

A window! It was a crude way of escaping the hospital, and probably not smart because most of the hospital windows were tightly secured, some windows even had bars in them, but Ange was positive that in the guards' room, they'd have decent, normal windows. Why not?! Patients weren't allowed in the guards' room, why would they have patient-protected windows? Yes. Ange would charge into the guards room and he'd break through the window.

The only issue is, he wasn't sure what floor of the hospital they were on... He'd have to break the window first, then see. Yes, Ange was proud of his little idea. He'd get himself and Vanity out of here in no time. And alive!

He ran into the guards' room with Vanity still in his arms and he looked around, surveying the room and scanning for something he could use to break the window with. He gently set Vanity down against a wall, then ran to the door to close and lock it. Just in case the guards got smart enough to figure out where they were.

"There's gotta be something!" Ange whispered loudly. He did his best to keep his voice down, Vanity was probably in a lot of pain, no need to make it worse with his yelling. He kept looking around, the room wasn't empty, a few cabinets, a few doctor's supplies. A few random things that Ange wondered why the hell the guards would even need. He had to settle for a chair. It was a partially wooden chair with a cushioned back and seat. Ange didn't think it would be heavy enough to break through the window, but still, it wouldn't hurt to try it.

The windows were high on the wall. Not too high that Ange couldn't throw the chair through it, but definitely high enough that they'd probably need to stand on something to escape. But for now, Ange just wanted to see how high off the ground they were.

He grunted as he chucked the chair into the window with all of his strength. He was surprised when the window shattered as the chair hit it. Now, for the challenging part. He ran to the window and stared down as the chair fell. Oh! They weren't too high off the ground. They certainly couldn't jump down without being seriously injured, but they could definitely climb down, maybe with rope or something similar.

Ange turned to check on Vanity. He approached her slowly and knelt beside her, "Hey, Vanity...? You still with me?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 06-07-2015, 12:25 AM

When Ange had picked her up, she loosely wrapped her arms around the back of his neck for security reasons, as he ran down the hall. She managed to keep her eyes open enough to watch her surroundings, which made the girl dizzy so she just lightly rested her head on Ange, silently wondering what was going through the boy's mind. She couldn't read his eyes or his actions, since he was running with her in arms back towards the guards' room.

When they entered the room, Vanity quickly brought her hands to cover her mouth and nose- but could still breathe. What the hell was he doing in here before he came to get her? Throw chemicals all over the floor?! It smelled horrendous, and made Vanity want to gag. She avoided it though as Ange carefully propped her up against a wall and went to work on finding an escape route. She slowly lowered her hands when the fumes didn't seem to bother her much and glanced around the room with hazy eyes.

She covered her ears when Ange threw the wooden chair he had found against the window, then lowered them after the glass had shattered. Vanity watched him search the room, probably looking for a rope or something. She glanced at him when he knelt beside her, nodding very slowly. "There's a yellow rope in the cabinet..farthest from the door..." She said quietly, taking a pause to pretty much force her brain to work. How much longer could she fight this?
It was getting harder for her to stay awake... Vanity shook her head to clear her head of the negative thoughts leaned her head against the wall behind her.

Kory

Old 06-07-2015, 04:25 AM

Ange did not need to be told twice, he immediately went to the cabinet furthest from the door and found the rope. Ange was moving as quickly as he could. He needed to tie the rope to something that wouldn't break easily. He spun around a few times, looking over everything, trying to find something to tie the rope to. The only thing he could see in the room that might hold his and Vanity's weight was the metal door. Maybe if he tied the rope to the doorknob, hopefully the rope would be, at least, long enough to get them close enough to the ground that jumping wouldn't be painful or even cause serious injury.

Yeah, he had no other choice, really. Ange hurried to the door and tied a tight knot over the knob. Then pulled the rope towards the shattered window. He lowered the rope through the window, hoping it would be long enough. Once the end was lowered as close to the ground as he could possibly get it, he sighed. He couldn't tell if it was long enough, but it would have to do.

He turned from the window and ran to Vanity, gently scooping her back into his arms and sliding her across his body to carry her on his back.

"Hold on tight, Vanity!" He said. He could hear footsteps approaching the door and he moved as quickly as he could with Vanity in tow back to the window.

(I hope you don't mind this post!)

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 06-07-2015, 07:35 AM

(it's fine dear ^-^)

Vanity kept her head against the wall behind her, her eyelids too heavy to hold open any longer. She could hear Ange going to work on fishing the rope from the cabinet and then scurrying about to find something secure to tie it to. Her chest felt heavy and it was very hard for her to breathe. Maybe it was a side affect from fighting the sleep that the injection usually faded people into. When things began to get darker and darker behind her eyelids, she fought with herself to open her eyes.

'Open..open..open... I can't give in..must fight the serum... FIGHT IT!' She thought to herself until her brightened eyes shot open, which caused her anxiety to spike and she caused a scalpel to fly towards herself. She forcefully shifted to the side enough to dodge it and watched as the small knife to stab the wall. Sighing quietly under her breath she slowly moved her gaze to watch Ange's blurred figure move about the room.

When Ange picked her up and adjusted her on his back, she loosely wrapped her arms around him in a way that would allow her to hold on to him and not have to worry about hurting him/ nor falling from his back. Her gaze was brought to the door as the sound of approaching footsteps reached her ears.

Kory

Old 06-09-2015, 03:21 AM

"Stay with me, Vanity!" Ange whispered to Vanity as he grabbed a tight hold of the rope with one hand, letting his other one reach behind him to hold Vanity in place. He slipped a leg over the frame of the window and, as quickly as he could, began to climb down. He hoped he'd at least have enough time to make it somewhat close to the ground before he could just jump and not hurt himself or Vanity.

He found himself constantly looking up at the window as it got smaller and smaller the further down he climbed. Hopefully the fact that he'd locked the door to the guard's room was enough to keep those guards at bay long enough to keep them off Ange's and Vanity's trail. Ange gently rubbed Vanity's back with the hand that held her as he climbed down. He could hear the sounds of the guards messing with the door. Thank whatever deity is up there for hospitals having metal doors!

Ange looked down and could see the ground approaching quickly. He climbed down a little more, then decided to jump the last few feet. As Ange let go of the rope, he held Vanity tightly against his body as he fell to the ground. Ange landed on his feet and let out a deep breath.

"Are you alright, Vanity?" He asked. "Stay with me!"

He looked up at the window, seeing a light coming from it, which, told him that the guards had finally gotten the door open. It gave him shivers (whether they were of triumph or fear, he didn't know, but he'd swear up and down, they were feelings of pride) when he heard the sound of the alarm going off. He and Vanity had all of two seconds to get as far away as they possibly could, and so, Ange started running.

He took off running into the foliage with Vanity on his back. He didn't stop even for a second, under his breath he prayed that Vanity would be alright. It was honestly scary to see someone so powerful in such a vulnerable position. He gripped her tighter and continued to run, deep into a thick, woodsy area that just surrounded the hospital. He didn't stop there, no, Ange continued to run until he had gotten through the woods and made it back to the empty streets of the city, just outside of the woods that surrounded the hospital.

Ange paused once he was standing on the sidewalk with Vanity on his back. He didn't want to be suspicious to any passerby, so he ducked into a dark alleyway.

He gently set Vanity down against a brick wall of the building and knelt next to her. "Vanity...? You gotta fight it!"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 06-09-2015, 10:50 PM

Vanity moved her gaze from the door it had been apparent that Ange had began climbing down the rope. Her eyes widen slightly at the sight of the outside world. It was simply breath taking... To her anyway. It had been years since she had stepped foot outside. As Ange continued to the climb, her gaze too constantly found the window.

At some point, she gently laid her head on his back- noticing how she didn't have fight with herself to keep her eyes open as much. The daylight itself kept her eyes from wanting to close as the ground got closer to them with every minute Ange spent climbing. She was very much thankful for that. However when Ange suddenly released the rope, she closed her eyes tightly and held on for dear life- careful not to choke or hurt him.

When he landed on his feet, she loosened her hold just a bit and slowly opened her eyes. "Hanging in there..." She said quietly. Vanity rested her head on his back again when Ange began running, her blurred vision locked on the distant window. She wanted to laugh, but they weren't quite in the clear yet. Ange would be alright..but Vanity- they weren't going to give up their search until she was back in their hands. A soft sight escaped her lips and she moved her gaze from the window to watch the ground.

Her eyes slowly slid closed as Ange ran through foliage that surrounded the hospital. She wasn't giving in to the serum, she was just trying to tune everything out now that they weren't in the building any longer. Now she could fully focus on fighting the serum running through her blood. By the time Ange had finally stopped running, she was off in her own little world and trying to come back to reality.

Her breathing was steady, eyes fluttering slightly underneath her eyelids. Was the serum too much for her? If that was the case- she couldn't fight it much longer. When she heard Ange's voice, the only thing she said was "I'm sorry..." because she felt like a burden to him. The guards probably knew that Ange would go looking for her, and if she was busy trying to stay conscious, then she would slow him down and they would have the advantage. She wasn't sure who had the advantage over who, but even in her current state- she still had the power to crush them if she had to.

Kory

Old 06-12-2015, 11:36 PM

Vanity looked so... different now. Compared to how Ange had seen her when he was first brought to that goddamned hospital. Ange wasn't sure what to do, honestly, he'd never really been in the position where he needed to help and care for someone.

He reached out his hand and placed it over Vanity's forehead, trying to gauge if she had a fever or not. Whatever the hell they'd done to her, if their goal was to immobilize her, they definitely succeeded. Vanity felt warm under his palm. Ange didn't panic, but he was certainly confused and at a loss for what to do.

He sat beside Vanity in the alley and watched as people walked passed, none of them looking into the alley, probably too consumed with their own lives to be bothered with their surroundings. Ange sighed. They were fucked if he couldn't get Vanity something to counteract that sedative they gave her. He grabbed Vanity's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze,

"Just hang in there, Vanity." He whispered. "I didn't get you out of that hospital to have you die on me." He reached out with his other hand and ran a hand through her hair gently. Then, he stood up and slowly walked away from her, peeking his head out of the alleyway to see if the coast was clear. He'd have to get Vanity out of here as soon as possible. No doubt, the hospital staff would do a sweep of the city soon to look for Vanity and himself.

He looked back at Vanity. "Fuck!" He mumbled softly.

(I hope this alright! ^^;)