AmyHeartXVIII
A modern-day Jumi

Old 03-24-2011, 12:51 AM

My fiancée and I seem to be going Italian because of how much pasta we eat. I mean I'll bake chicken with all kinds of sauces on it but, besides that, it's veggies, noodles, meat, and sauce. We already do spaghetti, beef stroganoff, Raman, and macaroni and cheese. Anybody have some other cheap creative pasta recipes? (Preferably with five ingredients or less) Or anything we can do with the ones I listed to make them more interesting? Like I'll put chopped up chicken or ham in the mac&cheese as well as broccoli or ground beef. Heck I'd add all that to the Raman as well. (The stroganoff is new. Haven't messed with it yet. Dunno if I want to, such a strong taste already. I don't mess with the spaghetti either.) So, any suggestions?

Last edited by AmyHeartXVIII; 03-24-2011 at 12:52 AM.. Reason: forgot beef

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 03-24-2011, 01:07 AM

Dx
Pasta is so good. It's probably one of my favorite foods. But I'm more for the sauce, I can eat the sauce by itself with bread sticks and be content.
Ramen is my lazy food but I also like to accompany with sauteed mushrooms in soy sauce. It's really good but just don't add to much or they'll come out really salty. :3

AmyHeartXVIII
A modern-day Jumi

Old 03-24-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluh View Post
Dx
Pasta is so good. It's probably one of my favorite foods. But I'm more for the sauce, I can eat the sauce by itself with bread sticks and be content.
Ramen is my lazy food but I also like to accompany with sauteed mushrooms in soy sauce. It's really good but just don't add to much or they'll come out really salty. :3
That's the thing, I don't want to mess up the flavors with too many add-ins.

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 03-24-2011, 02:24 AM

It's pretty simple if you're going for the dehydrated type and not the traditional.

alexandrakitty
Queenish silliosity

Old 03-24-2011, 02:29 AM

I love making my own pasta and fillings -- the other day I made manicotti stuff with shrimp and portobello...I love experimenting with it and trying to make new things with them...

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 03-24-2011, 02:33 AM

Yeah, pretty much anything that tastes good can be added to pasta or rice. Have you tried making pesto sauces? or Thai peanut sauce? Also never be afraid to add as many extras as you have or want. I've made things with multiple meats because I had them as leftovers- gumbo pasta anyone? and any veggies are good because veggies are good FOR you; I like to add seaweed, spinach and cilantro to almost everything.

alexandrakitty
Queenish silliosity

Old 03-24-2011, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explodey View Post
Yeah, pretty much anything that tastes good can be added to pasta or rice. Have you tried making pesto sauces? or Thai peanut sauce? Also never be afraid to add as many extras as you have or want. I've made things with multiple meats because I had them as leftovers- gumbo pasta anyone? and any veggies are good because veggies are good FOR you; I like to add seaweed, spinach and cilantro to almost everything.
Peanuts do not go over well with my family; so I don't make anything with it. I do love making cheese sauces, so I make them a lot as well as salsa-type sauces, too. No meats because we don't eat meat, but I use seafood because we do. And lots and lots of veggies, spinach, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, eggplant, broccoli -- I love making veggie lasagna with goat cheese...and I love making my food spicy...it needs a kick!

Clorissa
I'm a little teapot short and st...
Send a message via AIM to Clorissa Send a message via MSN to Clorissa

Old 03-24-2011, 04:39 AM

Buy bags of frozen cheese tortellini, it cooks up in minutes and tastes fantastic with freshed diced tomatoes and parmesan. Add peas or another green veggie for delightful flavor and color..
Serve it with any kind of meat - baked or sauteed chicken, beef, or fish is usually best. But I'm not a pork fan :P (CEPT BACON)

AmyHeartXVIII
A modern-day Jumi

Old 03-25-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explodey View Post
True, I do enjoy the leftover smorgasbord.

Glitter Golgotha
lonesome and loathsome

Old 03-25-2011, 04:05 PM

We like to make stir-fry with frozen vegetables, noodles, and a little chopped meat or mushrooms sometimes.. Put some soy sauce in it or something and it's pretty good without being very heavy at all.
Personally, I could eat noodles plain or with a drop of butter and be perfectly happy. > u>

Xai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-25-2011, 06:15 PM

Beef stroganoff is godly. <3 It's definitely one of my favorite foods.
I would suggest tortellini with spaghetti sauce. It's very delicious, and all you need to do is buy the pasta and boil it.

AmyHeartXVIII
A modern-day Jumi

Old 03-26-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter Golgotha View Post
Personally, I could eat noodles plain or with a drop of butter and be perfectly happy. > u>
Buttered noodles. Just like my fiancee. XD