salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-08-2014, 02:49 AM

Hi, everyone! I used the search bar to do a quick investigation, and I was surprised that no threads came up about Disney Movies!

I grew up watching Disney movies. I had a whole collection of VHS tapes -- everything from Cinderella and Pocahontas to The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

Now, even Marvel movies basically count as Disney movies. I also grew up watching those.

Right now, I am super excited to see Big Hero 6, which has this cute soft robot in it:

Click on thumbnail for full view

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 12-08-2014, 11:03 PM

I fell out of Disney stuffs after I got into high school but after I got into the Marvel stuff which definitely pushed me back into being interested with them.

I still have a deep love for older Disney shows I grew up with. I say Even Stevens and Phil of the Future to name my favorites. I also have a deep love for their DCOMs. My favorite DCOMs being Luck of the Irish, Can of Worms, the Even Stevens movie, and Halloweentown.

My favorite Disney movies(exclusively Disney made and distributed by the studio, not by their other owned properties): Mighty Ducks, Wreck-It-Ralph, Hocus Pocus, Toy Story, and The Santa Clause to name a few.

I like a majority of the Marvel stuff. So excited for Age of Ultron. It comes out 5 days before muh burfday. Basically going to see it as my early birthday present.

knittingandsarcasm
Champion of Kirkwall

Old 12-11-2014, 06:36 PM

Ah, Disney. The company whose more recent films have you in tears within the first five minutes.

Although I'm a huge fan of 'classic' Disney (basically everything before the 80s), I really love what they've been doing in the past couple decades. Sure, it's probably in due to them having exhausted the 'well-known fairytale' genre, but their original concepts have been dealing with more modern issues. They haven't exactly been super controversial - it would be suicidal for them to take any open stances regarding any super risky issues - but they're getting there. And any recognition anything gets from Disney actually means something. They're like the Oprah of businesses.

Although I am a bit annoyed with Frozen. It's a good movie and I liked it the first couple times I saw it, but it's being beaten to death by the marketing department. Which is a shame.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-12-2014, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBCole View Post
I fell out of Disney stuffs after I got into high school but after I got into the Marvel stuff which definitely pushed me back into being interested with them.

I still have a deep love for older Disney shows I grew up with. I say Even Stevens and Phil of the Future to name my favorites. I also have a deep love for their DCOMs. My favorite DCOMs being Luck of the Irish, Can of Worms, the Even Stevens movie, and Halloweentown.

My favorite Disney movies(exclusively Disney made and distributed by the studio, not by their other owned properties): Mighty Ducks, Wreck-It-Ralph, Hocus Pocus, Toy Story, and The Santa Clause to name a few.

I like a majority of the Marvel stuff. So excited for Age of Ultron. It comes out 5 days before muh burfday. Basically going to see it as my early birthday present.
Wreck-It-Ralph was great! Love Toy Story as well. I have not watched the other movies you listed. Age of Ultron sounds like a movie I would be interested in! An early happy birthday to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingandsarcasm View Post
Ah, Disney. The company whose more recent films have you in tears within the first five minutes.

Although I'm a huge fan of 'classic' Disney (basically everything before the 80s), I really love what they've been doing in the past couple decades. Sure, it's probably in due to them having exhausted the 'well-known fairytale' genre, but their original concepts have been dealing with more modern issues. They haven't exactly been super controversial - it would be suicidal for them to take any open stances regarding any super risky issues - but they're getting there. And any recognition anything gets from Disney actually means something. They're like the Oprah of businesses.

Although I am a bit annoyed with Frozen. It's a good movie and I liked it the first couple times I saw it, but it's being beaten to death by the marketing department. Which is a shame.
I have not seen Frozen yet. But, I feel like I already know what happens in the entire movie thanks to all the marketing that inevitably contains spoilers.

aliceinwonderland99
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-28-2014, 02:56 AM

I grew up on Disney movies as well, and Im pretty sure it was what gave me my love for fairy tales. I love the original fairy tales more to Disney story telling, not that I think their way is wrong, I just think the originals are better. They were meant to teach children a lesson not tell them there is a happily ever after. I do love me so Disney still, their animation is still one of the best and they do know how to run a good business too.

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 01-05-2015, 02:10 AM

I remember watching the old-school animated series from Disney (Snow White, Cinderella, Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland, the works) and I recently watched some Disney stuff as well. I actually went to go watch Big Hero 6 with my cousins during break. The movie is really adorable, I loved the big fluffy robot! He was so cute; I don't think I've ever fallen in love with a concept like that before, but the robot was too hard to dislike, seriously The story could use a little more work, though. I kind of thought the ending of the movie was a little rushed, but it was a good story nonetheless! I do hope they make a sequel out of it (there was a rumor about a Big Hero 6 sequel, but I would definitely go watch it if it really does come true! )

I watched Frozen, but I didn't like it a whole lot. I think it was because I already knew most of the songs in the movie, there wasn't much to look forward to in that movie... 'Let It Go' is always played at my school spirit days, and it really annoys the crap out of me now

Last edited by Aimless.Wanderer; 01-05-2015 at 02:12 AM..

biitchyass
CASS3331

Old 04-03-2015, 05:56 PM

I liked camp rock idk why but i liked them

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 04-03-2015, 05:58 PM

By the time those were out, i didn't have cable so I havent seen them, but I know a lot of people liked them

Turquoise Heart
ᙙᙖ

Old 04-11-2015, 08:15 AM

Disney forever, the little mermaid

xPastelBishx
Too Kawaii
Send a message via AIM to xPastelBishx

Old 08-02-2015, 08:08 PM

I know when I was a kid, I always grew up watching those Disney movies. Even as a adult.. I still watch them xD
Even the Disney movies with animals in it I tend to get a bit sad.. because they end up getting hurt or whatever.. but still make it out alive.

KittyCat18
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-03-2015, 05:43 AM

I still have almost all of my VHS tapes of Disney movies. They're all in a box but they're still there! We have most of the Disney movies that we had on VHS on Amazon prime where DVD now. It's so weird that this generation of kids are not Going to know what it was like to have to rewind VHS tape. Guess I never really imagined I would get to that point in my life where I could talk to a 10-year-old and say when I was your age... XD anyway I remember marathoning Aladdin, I could never get enough of it. I had this little TV in my room and I would rewind it over and over and over! It wasn't even the first Aladdin movie, in fact I hadn't even seen the first Aladdin movie in till about Three years after I saw the sequel, LOL. I love Disney!

YamiSora
~

Old 09-26-2015, 01:49 PM

My family still has VHS tapes and a VHS player and we still use them all the time! There are actually movies that we can't find on DVD, so sometimes we have no choice. I'm also a person who has most Disney VHS's and am now collecting all those pre-sale DVD/BluRay sets that come with the lithographs. I've loved all of them except the Aladdin ones because they got some funny lookin pictures for that movie. So yeah, Disney has been part of my life since I was born and because of Disney, I have a love for musicals!

VixieMooCow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-23-2015, 03:56 PM

i'm more of an older disney fan, i dislike the amount of the CGI in films these days... disney was much nicer when it was all hand drawn. Most newer disney movies aren't very good either, the last new one i saw was Frozen(which i loved)... im a total sucker for a disney princess film

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-29-2015, 08:39 PM

I have started to get DVDs of all my favorite Disney films. I have Mulan, for example, on DVD. You know, so make sure I can still watch my favorites after my VHS player no longer works.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-01-2016, 02:11 PM

I grew up addicted to Disney's Robin Hood.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-09-2016, 05:47 AM

Surprisingly, I don't remember Robin Hood very well. I remember that Robin Hood is portrayed as a fox, but not much else. Guess I should add this movie on my to-watch list! :)

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-10-2016, 02:34 AM

I adored that movie. My family did Friday night movie nights. We each took turns picking the movie. For a very long time every time it was my turn to pick I picked that one. It drove my brother nuts.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-10-2016, 03:28 AM

Haha, definitely sounds like you loved that movie! :) I just checked my movies cabinet, and we unfortunately don't have Robin Hood! I guess I will have to see if it is available on Netflix or some other streaming website.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-10-2016, 03:33 AM

I do believe it's on Netflix. Also The Great Mouse Detective is also on Netflix if I am not mistaken.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-10-2016, 04:26 AM

Thank you for letting me know!

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-11-2016, 04:25 AM

The Great Mouse Detective is one of my faves because of my addiction to all things Sherlock Holmes.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-11-2016, 04:35 AM

Oohh I love Sherlock Holmes, especially the BBC version! Have you seen it?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-11-2016, 04:47 AM

Of course. Missed the Christmas Special.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-12-2016, 01:30 AM

There are websites online where you could watch it if you want :) the latest episode is called "The Abominable Bride"

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-12-2016, 02:35 AM

Have you watched Robin HOod yet?