PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-25-2011, 04:32 PM

Kia_:

Ivana sighed as she walked out of her class. Theater was sometimes a difficult subject to teach when rowdy teens were involved. She shrugged and made her way to the cafeteria, her blond hair swaying gracefully with her steps. Poise and grace seemed to exude from the woman as she moved. Smiling happily she grabbed a salad and found her way to the teacher's lounge.

The woman was relatively new in the area, and looked like a successful twenty-eight year old. In reality she was far older then that, but would never say just how old. People would think she was crazy if they knew the truth. Gracefully she spoke with some of her colleagues. "O class was fine, though a little over active." stated Ivana in response to a question.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Kia_

Old 05-25-2011, 04:58 PM

Damien was finishing up test papers during his lunch period, he had to grade so many of them which normally didn't bother him. The part that bothered him was the fact that it was an english class and that so many failing students were in it. "3...4,5,6,7.."

Shaking his head he stood up putting the papers in a locked drawer and leaving the room with his food. He always brought his own lunch, something to drink that was red and he called it V-8 juice. Which it was, so it wasn't a lie or anything.

The rest of his lunch was soup most of the time or noodles with red sauce. Today he brought in soup and some pudding, just because he liked healthy stuff doesn't mean he couldn't have some pudding here and there. In fact it was kind of nice after a long day of grading papers and dealing with brats. He had been working at the school for 3 years now and nothing ever changed.

He walked into the teacher's lounge and sat at one of the tables usually by the window, he wasn't a loner but he didn't want people to have to smell his food though he did put cinnamon in it half of the time or mixed things with it because of how 'healthy' it was for him.

A teacher came over to him "I'm doing a petition to get the principle to say its okay to use phones in class, want to be the first?" Mr. Panadell asked, he was usually a shy teacher and said his class was the best, but usually his class bullied him "Sorry, can't accept that rule. Kids fail enough as it is" "But..." "If the kids want it so bad, they have to do the petition themselves, if you can't handle the kids, Say something" "I can handle them" "Oh, so how come you are doing this for them?" "They deserve it" "Sure they do" there was sarcasm in his voice.

Most of the teachers were used to how Mr. Skylers (Damien) taught or spoke to anyone else. Then again he wasn't usuall the one to back down from things often. He pulled out his soup and ate it the way it was, no one questioned him and when they did 3 years ago when he started, they never carried it out too long just thought it was a bit strange.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-25-2011, 05:16 PM

Lifting her eyes, Ivana noticed the teacher who had just entered. She was perplexed. Everyone had come to greet her at least once, except for him. Her students had seemed to like her, though they had obviously been testing how far they could push. The teachers on the other hand seemed overjoyed to have her. Frowning a little, the blue eyed woman walked to the table. She sat down with a small smile, and after setting down her salad, extended a hand. "Hello, my name is Ivana Arsenault. I'm the new drama teacher, it's a pleasure to meet you." A light french accent tinged her words.

She nodded to her other colleague. The woman had already politely declined his petition, stating that she was rather old fashioned. An understatement that no one save herself would ever know about. Of course, it was certainly a matter of opinion. Her plaid skirt fell bellow her knees, and her long sleeved blouse was a nice cream color. The collar was high on her neck, and at her throat was a lovely amethyst pin.

The smell of cinnamon made her look down to the food this new person was eating. It was a soup, and spaghetti. Not all that unusual, save for the fact that it identified him to her. Mr.Skyler had been mentioned quite often for his strange ways, used as an example of someone everyone dreaded slightly. A few of the female teachers thought him quite handsome though, and Ivana couldn't fault them for it. The man was striking, tough she had seen others just as good looking before.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 05-26-2011, 12:41 AM

"Pleasure to meet you as well" Damien spoke as Mr. Panadell spoke "He doesn't shake hands with anyone" but for some reason that made Damien want to prove him wrong and stood up gently taking her hand shaking it slighty. "I'm Damien Skylers" and so he chose to let go after a moment knowing his hand was probably cold, he decided to go back to eating and finish his soup.

Damien had stood about 6"0 with dark hair and dark green eyes to match but there was a hint of silver to them. His eyes shown out amongst his black long sleeve with his white tie that he normally got away with during the autumn and almost to spring. Most of the time the weather would only go up to the 70s barely ever 80s. He wore dark pants, not jeans, but the kind teacher's normally where and dark tennis shoes that threw off the style of teacher a bit. His skin was probably the palest you'd see anywhere near but it didn't stick out that much.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-26-2011, 12:39 PM

Smiling, Ivana nodded to the man. She began munching on her salad again, taking her time. It would be difficult to get her students to actually listen to her these first few weeks, it always happened. The young people were oh so busy with their social lives that their education took a back seat. The teacher was trying to figure out a way to make her class more interesting then their social lives, or perhaps she could weave the social life into the class itself. Frowning she glanced up at Mr.Skylers. "Tell me, what class do you teach?"

While waiting for an answer she finished her salad. Putting her things away with care, the woman turned her full attention to the man before her. He behaved somewhat strangely, but it wasn't all that unusual in that time period. Actually, Ivana had liked the fact that he had stood to shake her hand. It was reminiscent of her own time of birth, and brought back good memories. For that fact alone she would think of Mr.Skylers with more kindliness then some of the other teachers.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 05-26-2011, 07:24 PM

"English, grades 9-12" he of course had to deal with the freshman but with how much they got in trouble he barely had to do much in that grade level hour. He had been keeping a firm foot down on the students and they seemed to have said he was the worst teacher in the school next to Mr. Bayer the detention teacher for ISS students. (In school suspension) "Why do you ask?" He added a moment after asking, he had a russian yet german american accent. It sounded almost...well foreign, he grew up in the US as his parents, one german, one russian, genes had gone to him so he had both.

Those genes did turn out to help him in the end but that was a VERY long time ago. People asked him about his birthday but he refused to give it out except the month and day. Most of the people around him got used to him even the students, the freshman just spreaded rumors but no one hardly ever listened to them.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-26-2011, 07:56 PM

An idea, just a little one, was beginning to form in Ivana's mind. Of course, she would need the English teacher's aid and acceptance. "Well Mr.Skylers I have an idea, which might just benefit both of our classes." She proceeded to lay out her plan, all the while hoping this man wouldn't think she was trying to take over his class. "Since so much of what you cover in your English classes also have adaptations for stage and screen, I was thinking that perhaps, my class could practice a scene from material you will be covering before hand and when the appropriate time comes we could put up the performance for your class. If your schedule doesn't work with mine, they could always come watch, and my students could perform, during lunch hour. Of course I haven't spoken to the principal of this yet... But hopefully it would work out." Ivana had always wanted to try something of the sort, but hadn't met an English teacher whom she thought might actually go for it.

It would be such a novel way of covering material for both teachers and classes. Ivana would be assured an audience, and a good cause for her students to actually put effort into the class. Mr.Skylers would be able to help his students imagine the stories and their characters better, at least the blond woman thought so. It was entirely her opinion that making classes interesting was the best way to go. She was firm and strict, but only when she had cause to be.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 05-26-2011, 08:34 PM

(I am loving how to rp right now ^_^♥)

Damien thought about what she said, maybe he could work with this idea. He could give them an essay or a test over this one. But then he might just try and make some of the kids that were slacking join in just to give them a passing grade or he could fail them just like that. He's done something similar to this before but rarely in the past. The only question was, how was this going to work with both of their classes, they would need a good play from something traditional otheriwse the kids wouldn't benefit from it nor would the principle accept it, would they?[/B]

[B]The only way to know if it would work is if the principle allowed it, so taking a moment to let this all sink in, the other teachers didn't look but they were listening. "Alright, only on two conditions" Damien spoke putting the rest of his food away. "If you can get Mr. Patterson, the school principle to accept then I'll do it and if I can put a couple of the kids in my class to help out with the play" he spoke and stood "Class will begin shortly, I'm room 241 if you have any more questions" and with that he left saying "Later" to Ivana closing the door behind him as the warning bell rung for lunch kids to rush to their classes so they weren't late but not many rushed, they just walked.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-26-2011, 08:52 PM

(It is pretty interesting. Maybe we'll have to postpone the gym episode for now.)

A speculative expression crossed her face as he left. Perhaps she could even get the teacher to get involved in a play, he seemed like the perfect example of a Heathcliff. The thought made Ivana smile, she wondered who would be crazy enough to be Mr.Skylers Catherine. Crazy being what Catherine had been at one point or another, what a sad tale. With the same expression on her face, she stood and walked briskly to Mr.Patterson's office. Luckily it was her free period, so she could go about setting up her plan right away.

Once inside, the little space Ivana's expression changed to a serious one. The portly principal was looking over some papers as she entered. His beady eyes glanced up, a porcine facial structure graced him, as the woman entered.
"What is it?" demanded Mr.Patterson a little gruffly.

Taking a deep breath Ivana explained her idea. It was important that she stress the benefit for both classes, and the fact that Mr.Skylers had already agreed. She stated his condition of having some of his students help out with the acts. It didn't take very long to see that the principal really didn't care. "Will you allow it?" Finally she had done everything she could to get her point across.

A frown had been placed on the man's face under his receding hairline.
"This won't affect the budget will it?" Ivana shook her head in denial. "Then do what you want." With that Mr.Patterson returned to his papers, and started grumbling about finances.

Ivana smiled in triumph and walked out of the office. It didn't take very long for her to find room 241. Quietly she knocked and waited at the door. She couldn't tell if a class was in session or not, and didn't want to risk interrupting. A little nervously, the woman bit her lower lip making it redden in an attractive way. Her blue eyes sparkled with excitement at the thought of what wonderful fun she would have at her new school. IF only someone would cure her loneliness, Ivana would be happy. She knew though, that this was impossible for more reasons then she could count.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 05-26-2011, 09:24 PM

(gym? Okay)

Damien had been grading papers about the same time, like Ivana, this was his free time which he was always grading papers. If there was one time he wasn't grading papers, it would be a moment to remember. He finished up the last ones 10 minutes before Ivana had knocked on the door and he had decided to lie his head down. He had eaten earlier but was still hungry and if he didn't get some more food soon he would have to call the sub for his class a couple days earlier.

Sighing and hearing the knock he took a drink of what was left of his V-8 and put it away saying "Come in" he might not have had a class but this was odd for anyone to come to him. Even students whom needed extra help went to other teachers. He would have to change his teaching style soon to make others listen. Once the door opened he saw that Ivana aka Miss Arsenault was standing there. "Yes?" he asked curiously to why she was there, surely she didn't speak to the principle so early, or did she?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-26-2011, 09:39 PM

"Grinning, Ivana entered the room as she had been told to do. In a careless motion she unpinned her collar, and rolled it down, to expose her throat while she thought of how to announce her triumph. It was really far too warm in that class room for some reason. "Mr.Patterson approved the idea, which means we'd better start planning this out and quickly!" Her blue eyes were wide open with joy as she regarded her partner in teaching.

He didn't seem like he had earlier, not as healthy anyway. Ivana began to worry a little. Carefully she sent out a small tendril of her abilities to poke and prod at the energy that reflected everything in a person. She couldn't see it, or really affect it at all. Well, she could affect it if given permission. Her eyes widened a little at the strange energies she found there, adn she had no idea what to do. This wasn't at all what Ivana was used to dealing with. Strange energies had never been her strong point, which was why she had been relegated to teaching young ones and instilling within them the right virtues.

(When we first talked about this, we spoke of a kid dying in the gym or something. I like this better though!)

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 05-27-2011, 12:19 AM

(Well we talked about a kid dying at some point, I think it can still fit into it. Like one of the popular kids playing a joke the week before the play is to start and maybe it goes wrong and the other kids who played the joke freakout over it. So they try to hide it and the ghost comes back not getting the proper buriel respects it wants. And thats where the other part can come in? Just a random thought but this is so my favorite story for the time being)

(oh yea torture the vamp lol)

"Well we can talk now, we still have awhile before the next hour of class begins" he was losing his train of thought when her bare neck was exposed, this wasn't helping his feeling hunger feeling at all. Luckily he was in more control than that. Taking a moment to let this all sink in (haha vamp pun, I'm hyper from the mountain dew lol) Damien stood "You know, maybe we'll start this tomorrow" he spoke writing something down on some paper "This is my email, you can contact me anytime from it. I think I will do better after some rest, I don't seem to be feeling so well" He spoke sending an email on a computer, luckily he learned how to use a computer recently and knew the basics.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-27-2011, 12:44 AM

(Well I simply assumed he liked a warm room, since his temperature is colder then average. XD O yeah, torturing the vamp is fun! And your idea sounds great, but perhaps tweak it a bit? Maybe have the unpopular kids playing a joke on the most popular because they've finally gotten frustrated about the whole situation?)

"Despite, or because of, the strangeness of the man's energy she moved forward to place a gentle hand on his forehead. The man's skin was cool to her touch, and not at all feverish like she had expected. A frown crossed Ivana's face. Truly, the woman wanted to help but had no idea how. "Is there anything I can do?" Ivana supposed all she would be able to do was take that e-mail and try to plan things out better so Damien would have less to worry about.

Baking away from him, she blushed a tremendous red as the blood flowed to her cheeks.
(Yes, more torture)What she had done was uncalled for, but so be it. Ivana knew to follow her heart, instincts and mind. Within all of them she felt pulled to this man, and she would do what she could to ease his suffering. "Well if you need anything please call me once school has finished and I'll do my best." As she spoke, she wrote her home phone number down and gave the paper to Damien. She tucked his e-mail into a pocket of her skirt and went to stand by the door. The graceful woman was reluctant to leave.

(Glad to hear you like the story! And why are you hyped up on mountain dew?)

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 05-27-2011, 01:34 AM

(I like that better, it changes things up a bit. But how should we do the accidental thing? Wing it?)

Damien was surprised that Ivana had come closer to him just to check to see if he had a temperature and took a step back as soon as her hand touched his skin. "Don't worry about it, it will pass shortly" Damien replied. That was odd, the room might've been warm but her hand felt oddly warm like it had its own energy warmth to it. (not sure how to word that)

Damien noticed the blood rushing to her cheeks which didn't help but there looked to be a light radiating off of her body. Maybe thats just how she showed her personality around others. Either way he tried to keep his distance with out being mean. "Don't take it the wrong way" he spoke once she got to the door and he saw the paper with her number. "I'll email you later, we can talk more on this then." Damien spoke being a gentlemen that he was all those years ago.

(Cuz its next to me in a one liter bottle and I LOVE mountain dew :) ... I can't help it, did you know it has brominated vegie oil in it?)

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-27-2011, 02:10 AM

Nodding simply, and too embarrassed to say anything, Ivana glanced at the ground. "That's quite alright, and I look forward to our discussion." She smiled once before leaving the room. Walking back to her own, the woman went over the whole exchange in her mind. It had all been so very odd. She mused over it all day without finding an answer. It galled Ivana to think that she might just have to contact her superiors about this man simply because her energy reading abilities were so poor.

((Sorry short! But it's getting late. ))

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 05-27-2011, 03:08 AM

(Yea I know, want to write more of this tomorrow?)

Damien left after that and went home before the sub even got there. He was too tired to carry on with school or anything else, he always drove to school in his two door blue camero he's had for quite some time. He never did like the fancy new cars. After getting home, he put his things down and went straight to the freezer, he had only 6 frozen packs left. (blood packs) He got his blood from the hospitals and the closest to expire was what he always grabbed, sometimes he would grab one being in there for 3 months but that was the soonest and only did that once a year.

Sighing after warming it up in the microwave for a bit to thaw he put some in with some vegetables in a blender and mixed it together. He never drinked it straight unless he was too tired to bother with. While sitting on the couch and drinking his V-8 that he always made. He thought about Ivana and how she acted towards him earlier. So friendly and a bit annoying but it worked for her.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-27-2011, 07:20 PM

After some though, Ivana busied herself with class work. It didn't take very long for more drama students to arrive. Immediately they were put to work upon a play that everyone knew. Romeo and Juliet was a good place to start, with all it's brimming emotions and the expressions of different types of love shining out throughout the whole play. It was one of Ivana's favorites.

That had been one amazing class, the students actually getting interested. The rest though were a bore and all the woman wanted to do was get home. Finally the last bell ran, and Ivana was free to go. Smiling joyously she walked out of the door briskly and jumped into her old yellow bug. It worked marvelously, and seemingly purred as she drove it to her home on the outskirts of town. The place was an old Victorian, the sidings were painted a delicate light blue color and gingerbread trimmings were on the edge of the roof and at every window. Ivana fairly ran inside and grabbed her laptop. Quickly she settled down to send en e-mail.

Mr.Skylers,

I hope your health has improved! As for other matters, well let us simply say that I am brimming with ideas. Perhaps we could have a joint class or two? Currently I am covering Romeo and Juliet and was thinking that it might be beneficial if my class was introduced to some analysis of the play. Frankly, that is not my strong point. Maybe you could help me with this?

Sincerely,

Ms.Arsenault (or Ivana if you wish)

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 05-27-2011, 10:54 PM

(if its a bit short, please excuse it, I need to find something to eat real quick and can't think well when I'm hungry ^_^!)

Damien finished his drink and washed his dish hearing the noise he recieved from his labtop saying he had an email. Reading it after putting away his glass, he sat down and replied back.

Ms. Arsenault,

I am pleased to hear from you, this idea of yours is sounding more interesting, I do not believe I remember this school doing a play on Romeo and Juliet. Would you like to discuss this online or in person more? Romeo and Juliet could also get the class to think about what things were like in their lives when Shakespear wrote it.

-Sincerely,

Damien Skylers

He thought about when Shakespear was around in the past, such a quiet yet enthusiastic fellow, much different from the rest. It made him laugh when he remembered girls couldn't act back then by choice and so men had to dress up like them. It was as if getting scarred for life. He sent the email and waited for the return of another one. He didn't like technology much even if he knew how to use it. It wasn't his style with how old he was and he loved tradition as well as anyone else.

Last edited by Kia_; 05-28-2011 at 01:07 AM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-28-2011, 12:10 AM

She had no idea why she was waiting at her computer for the answering e-mail. Ivana was staring at the screen, willing the answer to pop up. That man really was an enigma, and she wanted to figure him out somehow. The moment she for an answer, the blond woman began typing up her response.

Mr.Skylers,

It would be wonderful if we could speak of this in person. Electronic messages are simply too impersonal for my taste. When and where shall we have this discussion?

Perhaps we could stage the whole play, you and I if you are not adverse to the idea.

Sincerely,

Ivana

Now to wait again. In the mean time she decided to make up some supper. Boiling water steamed on the stove with softening pieces of spaghetti within. On another plaque was a mixture of tomato sauce, beef, and various spices. Seeing her colleague eat the pasta had given Ivana a taste for it. Now of course, blue eyes full of happiness and anticipation, she had to indulge herself.

(That's alright. :) )

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 05-28-2011, 01:18 AM

(okay lets see what I can write up here)

Ms. Arsenault,

There is an old Cafe in Olden DownTown, its called 'Cinder Coffee' have you heard of it? If not, I could give you the directions, hardly anyone goes there except the traditional people and it'd be quiet enough to talk about the play. Or if you wish something more up to date, say so and I will try to figure out a place, unless you have an idea.

-Sincerely,

Damien Skylers

With that sent, he wondered if it was too old style for her taste, it was a great place to go for any occasion. He had gone there for quite some times, it had been in business for about 2-3 generations. His family had always loved to go there and it was hardly ever out of style. (sorry walked off and lost train of thought)

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-28-2011, 02:23 AM

Mr.Skylers,

Send me instructions and I will meet you there. It sounds like someplace very nice, and exactly what I am looking for. At what time should we meet there?

Sincerely,

Ivana Arsenault

It would be a wonderful evening, she was sure. Instead of being holed in her home alone, she would be out enjoying a conversation with someone. Something about this place was very different. Ivana liked that difference, it meant she might just stay in the town. After getting bored with places that simply wouldn't accept her, she moved quite often in search of that little paradise on earth. A very difficult thing to find in those troubled times.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 05-28-2011, 03:07 AM

Damien looks at his computer clock, it was only 4:30p.m. on a monday evening.

Ms. Arsenault,

Would 6:30p.m be acceptable for you?
The instructions are attached in a file below.

*Instructions*

-Damien Skylers

That should give plenty of time right? Shower, eat, and prepare for the meeting. Though he felt like he should rest some before hand and waited for her reply.

(I'm srry I have to stop for tonight)

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-28-2011, 07:12 PM

After reading the message, Ivana smiled. This would be truly wonderful.
Mr.Skylers,

That would be wonderful! I will see you there.

Sincerely,

Ms.Arsenault

With a grin, the blond woman stood and went to shower. After that it was a matter of choosing what to wear. It couldn't be too fancy, or revealing either but she still wanted to impress the man, if only to see if she could. The closet was full to the brim with clothes, the only problem was none of it seemed right. Some things were too short, others were too long and yet others were far too gloomy. Ivana hadn't realized how much black she owned until it was all put out upon her bed. Finally she settled on a dress with blue and white checkers, with delicate sleeves which covered her shoulders. The skirt of the dress fell slightly below the knees, and upon her feet were small black mary-janes. It was slightly childish, but perfect for the weather outside.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 05-28-2011, 07:21 PM

(^_^ Yay you are on)

Damien read the post and turned off the computer getting into the shower and changing into the usual but something a bit nice too. He slipped on a fitting dark green t-shirt with a vamp smiley (like below), medium dark jeans, and black tennis shoes to complete it. He wasn't that much into fashion as you'd think. Just being comfortable would be something nice for him. He had noticed it was only 5:30, he still had an hour and chose to rest before going out so he took a nap. Time started to fly by when he drifted off without warning or notice.

(But black)

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-28-2011, 07:29 PM

(Yep, sure am! Just getting distracted by a book)

Checking the clock, Ivana noticed the time and gasped. Her blue eyes were round with the fear of arriving late at Cinders Café. It simply wouldn't do for such a thing to occur! Quickly she ran to her car, only pausing to grab a long dark coat, and drove off. Upon her arrival at the place, she parked her car carefully and clambered out.

It was a quaint little café, with a terrace outside and an old brick exterior. There were even stained glass windows, which Ivana adored. This would probably be someplace she would visit often, now that she had found the plant covered building. The woman hesitated at the ornate iron door, not quite sure whether or not to enter yet. She had no idea if Mr.Skylers was there or not.