NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 05-11-2014, 11:59 PM

Vince took a sip from his tea, almost melting at the hot liquid that slid down his throat. It tasted so good. He tilted his head, trying to imagine him using a gun. "I don't know... It might be a bad idea... I might start shooting invisible Jimmy's..." He shook his head, looking at Amir. "No, it wouldn't be a good idea at all... Besides, I am learning self-defence soon... It's Lily's idea. She's a black belt, wants to teach me some moves." As he mentioned Lily, Amir's walkie went off. It sounded as though someone was at the front gate. Vincent's heart leapt until he heard the mention of his friend's name.

"Let her in. I need to get a security pass for her, I think..."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-12-2014, 12:10 AM

Amir paused, then nodded. That was a good point. If anything Vincent needed to get in control of his visions, at least take some kind of medication that would keep him from seeing things that weren't there. "That's a good idea." He said pleasantly. The idea of Vincent being able to protect himself was a wonderful one, even if it was unarmed. But he didn't need Vincent mistaking Amir as Jimmy, or shooting holes in the doors when he thought he saw the guy. After earlier, it was obvious that Vincent needed a bit of help, but Amir didn't want to step over his boundaries.

When the walkie buzzed, Amir jumped up. "If she wants, I can get her fingerprinted and added to the security clearance if you like." He said over his shoulder, hurrying out to the gate to open it and let Lily inside. "Glad to see you." He said, giving his most friendly smile. At least he wasn't intimidating or angry-looking when he smiled.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 05-17-2014, 09:34 AM

Vincent nodded. Lily was his closest friend, the one that was the first to know about the incident. He had called her instead of 911 in his moment of panic. Ever since then, she refused to be shunned and visited him everyday, whether he felt like seeing her or not. She was let in easily, smiling up at Amir before going to Vincent. She was holding a bag and Vincent peered at in interest.

"Hey Vince! How are you feeling today?" She seemed happy and he wondered it it had something to do with her recent boyfriend. He had never met the man, but he had heard nothing but good things about him from Lily. She held up the bag. "I got presents~"

"What...?" He was puzzled, peering into the bag as she handed it to him. It seemed to be some sort of knitted sweater. "What on Earth is this... for?" He pulled it out and looked it over. It seemed hand-made, not store bought.

"I made it for you. It's for lending me that money to take my arts and crafts lessons. I learnt how to make clothes and jewellery..." She grinned again, showing off her beautiful smile. Vincent blushed slightly and looked at the sweater again and then over to Amir.

"Erm... Thank you... It's..." Perfect. He hadn't had anything hand-made given to him before, and he could almost feel her hardwork and care that had been put into making it.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:52 PM

Amir closed and secured the door behind Lily. It was easily opened from the inside, but made secure and impenetrable from the outside when it was closed and latched. Lily was one of the few outsiders allowed in, since not even Billy came into the main house unless absolutely necessary, which was thankfully very rare. He stepped away from the pair, busying himself with his current book, which was stashed under the counter, as he half-watched what was going on. It was that possessively protective streak of his that didn't trust anyone, though in his mind and beyond he knew Lily was a good, caring, kind friend that understood Amir's tendency to loom. He was paranoid, yes, but it made him feel better to be where he could see his charge. It wasn't about the money for Amir, it never was. If he could protect someone, make them feel safe, it was all that really mattered.

He put up a hand to hide the smile at Vincent's present. He wasn't sure whether he'd ever seen Vincent wear something knitted, but if it was from Lily, Amir knew he would. At least once, to make her happy. To cover the quiet laugh that managed to get out, Amir closed his book and dug in his pocket. "I'll be right back, Vincent, I have to get my kit from my room." He stood and hurried out of the kitchen, then moved slowly to give them some time to talk. In his room, Amir stretched and rubbed his back, trailing his fingers down the raised skin tracks under his shirt, then opened the third drawer in the chest near the bathroom door, pulling out a small kit of gel printing sheets. They were opaque yellow, resembling, in his opinion, ballistics gel. Taking them with him, Amir emerged from his room and returned with casual steps to where he'd left Vincent and Lily.

"Lily, do you mind? Vincent wants your prints in our personal database so you can come in without so much hassle. That's right?" He looked to Vincent to make sure that was what he'd meant.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 05-26-2014, 12:41 AM

Vincent put on the sweater, enjoying the smell of the wool. It did feel good on and he was a sucker for sweaters, especially knitted sweaters. "Lily, it wasn't a problem. You saved my life. I'd buy you the moon if you wanted it." He smiled and adjusted his glasses. "Would you like a cup of tea?" He had finished his one already, but eyed the kettle.

"No, you know I don't like tea," Lily replied with a laugh. "You are such a stereotypical Englishman."

"Am not," Vincent screwed his nose up and stuck his tongue out.

"You drink tea, you eat crumpets... I'd call that stereotypical. All you need is a picture of the Queen hanging up on your wall. Oh wait, you have that don't you? In your study?" Lily poked him, laughing.

"It was my father's!" Vincent replied, throwing his hands up. "I just kept it because he liked it a lot."

The two were laughing as Amir reentered the room, holding a strange kit. Vincent nodded at the question, surprised Amir wanted to do it just then. Lily seemed pleased, and she went to Amir and followed his instructions. "About time. I'm sick of being frisked everyday."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:08 PM

Amir nodded at Lily's words, pulling the printed gel off its case and turning it over. His touchscreen's reader took the print's ridges and included them among the others. Then he snapped a photo of Lily to add to the database so the guard at the control could let her in with both fingerprint identification and photographic proof that she was who the print said she was. "I know, I'm sorry Lily. But it's just what I do, you understand. It's my job to be more paranoid than the person I'm guarding, and Vincent really likes to give me a run." He snapped the kit closed again and slid it onto the counter. "But Lily, you're free to come and go any time you like now, and without my guards feeling you up in the process."

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 06-05-2014, 07:27 AM

"And that is why he hired you. You are more paranoid than Vince, and that's saying something." Lily thanked Amir for updating the security so she could visit at any time and turned to Vincent, who held his breath, knowing what was coming next. "Vince, you really have to go see someone. Get therapy, get better... You can't just lock yourself up like this. You know, I remember when you were so friendly and open... You can't let him... Ruin your life even more, Vince. Please. Please see a doctor."

"I..." Vincent looked down at his empty mug, nervously biting his lip. "I'll think about it Lily." Lily sighed in exasperation and turned on Amir.

"Don't you think he needs to see a therapist?"

"Lily, don't bring my guard into this," Vincent interrupted, glaring up at the woman. She shook her head and turned away, a heated silence raising in between the two friends.