Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-23-2019, 02:43 PM

Do you like breakfast, lunch, or dinner best?
And if you feel like elaborating, what foods make it your favorite?
I think dinner is my favorite meal. There are just so many yummy entrees. One of my favorite dinners is chicken tikka masala with rice and naan. It's so good. 😋

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-23-2019, 08:07 PM

Definitely dinner. I'm not much of a meal person but I also don't want to go to bed hungry. Preference is actually cereal for dinner

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-24-2019, 01:04 AM

Cereal for dinner? That's an interesting one.
I don't like cereal all that much. I really don't like many "breakfast" foods that much at all, actually. 😛

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-24-2019, 01:14 AM

Dinner for me, though it's pretty much the same as lunch. I just prefer dinner because I usually have a better appetite during dinner time. :) I eat whatever I feel like at the time that's within my budget.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-24-2019, 06:37 PM

Yay, another dinner fan!

Also, it's good that you mentioned eating within your budget, that's certainly as important a factor as any for figuring out what to eat. 😛

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-25-2019, 01:18 AM

I'm the kind of person who eats something I love very often for a long time, then I get sick of it xD

Mondays in my family are red beans and rice days. I usually am not excited to eat red beans and rice every Monday, but then I get it and it's soo good!!
It's typical for Creole/Cajun families to eat red beans and rice on Mondays. It's prepared Sunday and then eaten as leftovers on Mondays.

(Also, I wanted to mention that it's vegan red beans and rice made with vegan andouille sausage)

My favorite food of all time is cheese pizza, but I don't think that truly counts as a "meal".

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 01:46 AM

I have so many favorite foods, but most of them are very high-calorie and/or unhealthy so I don't have them often. I'd probably already be dead if I always ate whatever I wanted. I have to force myself to eat fruits and vegetables even though I don't like them much.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 02:07 AM

@Ava: I actually think it's awesome that you have beans and rice every Monday! Gives you something to look forward to plus it makes meal planning easy for that one day, at least.

@Ant: aw, I'm the same way. I think pizza is probably my absolute favorite food, and I love macaroni and cheese too, and obviously neither are super healthy. I do like fruit a lot, though, so eating that isn't too much of a chore, but it's still hard to have to remind myself to either eat healthier or eat smaller portions when I do have unhealthy food. I just love food so much. 😭

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 02:13 AM

None of my favorite foods involve fruits or vegetables, so yeah, not very healthy. I love salmon sashimi (and only salmon), pizza, fried chicken, lasagna etc. Aside from the sashimi the rest are all very oily and high in calorie amount.

I love food too, I doubt there's many people who don't enjoy eating. There are so many delicious foods out there and I wanna try them all

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 02:45 AM

Oooh, yes, lasagna. 😋 Why must all the good food be so unhealthy?! /shakes fist

I'm kind of a picky eater but I'm trying to be better about trying new things. 😅

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 02:48 AM

Yeah, as a kid I'd ask my mom why all the delicious foods are unhealthy and all the healthy foods nasty. I'd still ask that question sometimes. Whyy

Me too, I usually stick with the foods I know are good, but I'm open towards trying new foods as long as they're not super spicy or bugs. I doubt I'd ever get over my mental repulsion against bugs.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 10:19 AM

Haha! I'd have a hard time coming up with a good answer for that. 😛 Why indeed?!

Ew, yeah, no bugs for me either. That's just too much. And I don't really do spicy either, although I think my tolerance has improved a little over the years.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 01:09 PM

The most I can manage with bugs are ants...like, they're generally pretty tiny so I don't have to see all the buggy-details...there was that time when I went on vacation in China and there was a dish that was basically an omelette with ants in it, it wasn't too bad, just very...crunchy.

I'm okay with a little bit of spiciness, but tend to need a lot of tissues for my runny nose after a few bites.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 02:14 PM

Ants are okay when they're not infesting your house like they are mine right now. 😐

That usually happens to my mom, too, but she likes spicier food than I do.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 03:01 PM

Ugh yes, ant infestations are so annoying. We have them in the house too and no amount of those ant killing thingies we've bought has worked. They just show up and we can't leave anything out or they'd be crawling all over it within minutes.

Even foods that are only slightly spicy causes my nose to go runny after a while. It's so annoying but the food's so tasty...

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 07:23 PM

We're having trouble getting rid of them this year too. We used to be able to use ant traps and they'd go away but this year they just keep coming back, so we can't leave anything out either.

Awww. I guess it's a bit of an incovenience, but on the bright side, yummy food!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 07:51 PM

You may want to talk to your local pest control company.
We actually had our yard sprayed last year, and they applied some specialized gel in the house to kill them.

Just be happy they are not fire ants we have a LOT of fire ants down our hill a ways. They found my shed during the last hurricane and had to be wiped out.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 09:57 PM

Ooh, okay, thanks for the suggestion! Hopefully it's pet-safe, I guess I'll have to check into that. Or else make sure the pets stay far away!

Ooof, yeah, that sounds...not fun. 😛

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 01:37 AM

Pest control companies cost a lot though...we don't have a yard so it'll all be in-house. If the infestation gets worse we might consider it just to be rid of those things. If the nest is located in someone else's home it might make getting rid of them for good problematic.

Oh wow yeah, I'm glad at least they're not fire ants. The ones in our house are super tiny so their bites aren't too bad (mostly itches) but they're everywhere.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 02:54 AM

Ah, geez, that's true. I hope you can get rid of them for good without it being a problem or tooooo expensive.

Fire ants sound so scary to me. I'm sure if, like you said, they're small, they're not so bad, but I'd still be freaked out.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 03:11 AM

They mostly show up when the weather's warmer, and disappear during winter. I really want to know where their nest is so I can get rid of them, but it's kind of hard to track an ant's nest when you live in an apartment complex.

Mostly they're just really annoying in that they can unexpectedly crawl on you and then bite you, giving a nasty little jolt-itch. And having to be really careful about food and drinks out in the open.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 12:26 PM

It does seem like they always return around the same time...darn weather. 😒
And yeah, living in an apartment complex would make it rather difficult to track down the nest. ☹️

Eeeep, no thank you! 😛
It's so gross when they crawl into your food and you're just like, "I was gonna eat that." -.-

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 01:38 PM

And unfortunately the weather is usually warmer than not where I live so that gives them a lot of months to be active.

Ugh yes! I hate it when I look down into my food and find an unexpected bug inside it. Or reach for my drink and find a ring of ants surrounding it...gaaah.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 05:27 PM

Oh nooooooooo. ☹️ I guess I should be glad it gets cold here then.

Ewwwwww, that's no fun at all! Why do they have to eat human food/drink? Why can't they just be happy with some grass or something? 😐

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 05:55 PM

Pretty sure only leaf cutter ants eat grass.

As for the pest control stuff. If you can't spray your best bet is to get a gel or something that they can take back to their nest and feed to the queen.