Soulist
Master of Malpractice
Send a message via AIM to Soulist Send a message via MSN to Soulist Send a message via Yahoo to Soulist

Old 10-04-2011, 01:36 AM

For a thousand years, the spider had slept. It's conception had been in their domain, on the mossy floors of the jungle where the gods had turned their eyes away, letting the terror of life run amok. Arachnid families warred in their trapping and hunting among tribes. Most had died out since those times, but their memories were burned into the eyes of any who had witnessed them.

The slumbering spider in question was one of a bastards' birth. He'd been part of a swarm born out of their tribe had been cast out. Their growth augmented and they became more powerful, but were forced to try and carve out life as their own tribe. Members of the specie that were born into the wild and didn't make it were devoured.

Powers seeped in and when the spiders had matured, fewer of them remained. With their numbers down to eight, they set out to rip apart the brood mother that had dispatched them as young-lings. They struck down their mother and when the clans had formed an alliance to attack the lot of them, they'd fled, centuries past into the human world, where they would encounter fewer of their brothers.

A clean, new world, something new to defile. A young creature to devour.

Many years past and eight of the spiders set out. At first, they were together, but more often they would overlap on one another and it would cause minor conflict and strife. With an agreement to convene every now and again and share the build up of power and new developments, they set out, striking out on their own and finally, the monsters of another world were given the chance to develop individually. Each of them plotting to devour the others when they would finally return. The deception of a spider is rivaled only by their cunning and patience. So they would wait, and prepare to destroy one another.

The first time they met, eight arrived, and eight departed. This would be the final time. The time apart had changed the monsters into different reflections of the same thing. In the same way their ancestors had, they were becoming so different and so alike, they remained largely the same, but distinctly changed. Like monsters, their shape and form was malleable, something to be changed on a whim. They evolved and changed, flourished and withered as though they were a race unto themselves each. They hunted one another in the shadows and in a only a few days, the four weakest were devoured. Four spiders remained, the four most cunning and powerful, they spread even farther away from one another.

The years were long, but the spider who had recently awoken rose to a world where man had ruled, the creatures that were the gods' playthings. He studied them from afar, carefully moving along their boundaries, straying seldom into view and walking along the edges of their civilization. In time the physical body he'd accrued had become massive, an epic monstrosity, but the humans seemed to have become adept at finding him. He had to start casting off some of his mass and reduce a bit of his physical size, the size falling down to a human size. It was at this size, the first time a human was lost at the time that he'd had a wonderful idea.

Watching other tribes as a young critter, he'd seen other spiders adopt the skin of others. It was bizarre and grotesque. A demeaning and pride less act of devouring the innards of another creatures and taking on its' persona and skin in a way that would cause many to lose themselves in the falsity. It was awkward at first, rather than shed a skin he was adhering it to his own carapace, He'd placed the face where it should go. His body contorted and stretched until he'd finally fit; it'd taken a few tries and the skin had torn a few times, but finally, the spider was a man, at least on the outside.

He lived for a long time, devouring and becoming new people, rising in ranks and stepping back to obscure the trail of bodies that he devoured and became. It was centuries before one of his brothers found him again and recognized him early on, lashing out during a weak point. They wounded one another, the humans around them dead or dismembered by their battle as the monsters fought and struggled, the larger one full of power but clumsy,the smaller nimble, but weakened by his slightness and lack of size. The two were at odds before the larger cast the other down into a pit, where he stole the skin of a king and stood above the bleeding brother.

With their last gazes, a king with devils hearts beneath sealed his brother in a vault below, where for a thousand years, no one would happen upon, where the spider would become smaller, more frail as it devoured the small creature that would come, but they became fewer and lesser as time passed. He was a monster, but it was hard for him to do much with only a hunk of his power and strength remaining to him. He wept and wailed, raged and roared against his earthen cage, but to no avail. Slowly, he turned inside himself and rested, his body diminishing to the size he'd been born to, no more than a hand to a body as he waited, and bided his time. He plotted his revenge, killing hte insects and rodents in a lethargic manner, waiting to be released, so he could return to his rampage and claim vengeance on his brother.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-04-2011, 01:57 AM

In a complete fit of rage, fury, and just complete and utter contempt, a pale-haired girl ran through the miles and miles of forest that blocked her path. She couldn't fathom how that had all happened so suddenly. First, everyone was happy, and then that ridiculous series of affairs had to occur. Whatever happened to that family that was growing for some 18 odd years? Was it for nothing? What was the point of starting a family, having children, if you planned to destroy it in the end?

That child, Minako, continued to run through the pouring rain, just barely dodging the trees, branches, and bushes that slashed her pale skin. It stung like alcohol being rubbed into wounds, yet it still didn't sting as much as what she just had to witness. It was none of her concern anymore if they all came looking for her -- the lies, the angst, the hate... it was enough. Finally, she had done something about it, even if it wasn't exactly the best thing to do.

Who cares? she thought, lightly tripping over a rotting, fallen branch. I don't care anymore. It was at that moment that Minako got her entire foot caught in a vine, stumbling over it and landing on the ground. The speed at which she was running caused her to start tumbling on the ground, where she felt like she was... falling?

The girl was falling. Down a pit that she didn't quite see on her angsty rampage. Eternity: that's what the drop felt like. It was almost as if time had slowed as she fell, but eventually, she slammed into the bottom, rolling until she came to a stop. Getting on her hands and knees, the dirtied lass tried to find her way around the pit, but her exhaustion got the better of her. Thumping onto the ground, Minako passed out, her limp body sprawled on the cold terra, completely vulnerable.

Soulist
Master of Malpractice
Send a message via AIM to Soulist Send a message via MSN to Soulist Send a message via Yahoo to Soulist

Old 10-05-2011, 02:19 AM

The spider stirred many times in his slumber, but with so little life energy nearby from the animals who came calling to his evil energies, he found it harder and harder to move. He'd grown to be the size of a human hand. Perfect for hiding and laying traps, for devouring larger things as they struggled, but he dare not expand, not without a host. His body craved the flesh of man again, more sternly than ever it had craved wolf or snake or bird. He yearned to wear the skin and live as though he were one of them, just for a little bit...

But it was never 'just for a little bit'. How many lifetimes had he lived in the skin of his slain enemies? He wasn't sure. He couldn't say one way or the other. He relived many of his lives as he lay there on the ceiling of his tomb, his mind slipping slowly as he sank into dreams and whimsy, the life missed to him the one he wanted the most. He was alive, but what life was this? He yearned for more, but even getting out would only expose him to nature, and though the world had changed, who would say that he could live in it? He'd need a host again, and not many.... What was that?

He stirred as she approached, his body trembling with excitement outright as he rose, his long legs reaching up to the small hole he'd carved years ago. They tore at it, feeble flesh and muscle breaking away, but he paid no mind. The smell of her roused him more than any fire might have. He crept out, his body squeezing and scraping along the small path that he'd carved, discarded web clinging to his legs as he did so, rising to see her, he rubbed his awful maw, pincers clicking audibly for those who would hear before he set about, creeping closer, moving silently along the brush to get a better look at her. He supposed she was just a child, but that only made him more excited. A child would be easier than a human male. Maybe he could take her down, even as weak as he was, but...

No. A voice within him spoke with reason and sensibility. There was no way he could overpower her, not like this. But perhaps. He summoned up his energies and stood perched in the overhanging limb as he leered down, eight eyes lingering across her as he waited. "Human, wake up. I need your services, to keep me from harm," he called out, the human voice hard to maintain, the tongue hard to remember, as it echoed.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-05-2011, 02:39 AM

The earth was freezing beneath the pale child, who stirred in her fainted status. It coursed through her body, making her eyes flutter open and become more aware of her surroundings. A strained, echoing voice seemed to call out to her from all around, entrancing Minako in her usual curiousness. Who else could be in this godforsaken pit? Slowly, she stood up, staggering to the right slightly as pain shot up her leg. Cursing under her breath, the young hunter leaned against a wall of earth, looking around the pitch black darkness.

Her human eyes weren't accustomed to such conditions, no matter how much training she had. However, after a minute or so, the girl was able to gather together some of her own energy. She could stand up straight and strong now, unafraid of the voice that called to her before. "Who's there?" the hunter demanded in a low tone. She braced herself for an attack, clenching her fists tightly. It would be an unfair fight, if anything -- she was weaponless except for a pair of fists and feet, and perhaps her horribly volatile fire summoning skills. That she would have to be careful with for she was at risk of merely burning herself. "I show no mercy to those who cower in the dark. Show yourself!" Gradually, the child's hand filled with a ball of orange flame, illuminating the pit enough for her to see a few feet in front of her. Minako looked around warily. It was then that she looked up and saw... quite a large spider, about the size of her hand, staring at her with his eight eyes, scrutinizing her as she stared up with wide eyes. Was he a demon? Or just... an overly intelligent spider? For a moment, Minako could've sworn she was going insane -- the fall had rattled her brain. But, the creature stayed no matter how many times she blinked. "W-What are you? Who... are you?"

The child hunter had seen many thing in her lifetime -- demons galore of different species and monsters of folklore. However, spiders were not on her list, although she'd probably have to add them in now. There wasn't even one book in her house which described any species of arachnid that looked like this one, or talked like this one for that matter.

Soulist
Master of Malpractice

Old 10-05-2011, 03:33 AM

Be still, and put that out, you're like to burn the forest down," he chided, leering down at her. "I am the Arach, my name is Diernach." The noise that came from his mouth at the end was hard to say in a human tongue, but he got close as he bothered to. The flames he found irksome as he watched them dance, his eyes glittering a bit as he watched her, moving to a low hanging branch to leer at her. He drew himself down by a web and slid to the ground, wathcing her from there. Her lack of fear of him was good, but he wondered a few things as they stood.

Was she aware of his kind?

Was she going to attack him with fire? Likely she'd burn down some trees, but he'd get away, but it wouldn't take him far. His body was weak and tired, wanting solace, not battle. He drew himself up on his legs to look at her passively, trying not to appear as threatening as most spiders often did without meaning to as he watched her.

"I can give you power, and help you, but you'll have to help me, first." he said, letting the words slip from his maw as he spyed her from the base of the tree, not sure what to make of her just yet.,

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-05-2011, 08:16 PM

Glaring at the arachnid with narrowed eyes, the hunter got rid of her flame, looking as the creature slid to the ground. They were finally able to look at each other at eye level, allowing the child to observe him for a moment. If anything, it looked as if she could easily overpower the spider, Diernach, if worse came to worse -- he looked completely worn out. It was as if time had made him weak.

Give her power? As if she needed it in the first place. "I don't need your power, creature," she stated. As a way to show her own strength, and perhaps intimidate the spider, Minako jumped up onto a branch over the spider's head, flipping upside down to hang on it, the limb right in the crook of her knees. Gradually, she mustered some "I don't need anything from you, and I usually don't mind helping others for nothing, but why should I help you? What would helping you entail?" Carefully, she dropped to the ground, landing hard on her feet, finally looking up close at the arachnid. He was... slightly frightening to look at, especially since Minako was unaware that his species even existed. However, he seemed passive enough -- a battle was not to ensue at this point, and it wasn't as if Minako wanted to go that far.

Soulist
Master of Malpractice

Old 10-06-2011, 07:28 PM

Dier had to leer at the child a bit and supposed it would either go bsdly from this point on, or very well hereafter. On way to find out, he supposed. Je was larger than any tarantula, and bore less hair as he scuttled about. His wothered body still bore the bright red streaks on two of his legs, the blacks and greys that made up his body more Akin yo stripes than anything. Hia eyes glittered as he spoke again.

"My fight in this world doesn't concern any mortals, child, bit a demon much like myself Imprisoned me here and I aim to tear out his heart soon. I require sustenance and shelter. If you are of no use to those ends, the web I work will provide both, assuming no other humans stumble along," he told her. What he really wanted was another human, but her body was too agile at this point. He needed to have attacked her while she slept, but some inane madness had prevented it. At least the fire was gone. So long in the darkness it had burned his eyes a bit, and even now he was having trouble adjusting as he scittered up the the tree again, his spinnerett working hard to produce web, watching her as he drew a lump of it. " With my help, Your home need never weep for monsters or demonkin. I can show you things, if you've eyes to see," he said, his mandible drawing the web across the trees as he walked. It was dark as he moved along, carefully moving to begin a web. She'd either help him or not, and he'd have to accept it, for now...

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-06-2011, 09:04 PM

The hunter child could only stare as the Arach went back into the tree and started to make a web. What did he really want from her? By the looks of it, she could hardly trust the creature as it was her job to kill demons in the first place. However, pondering the question for a few seconds only convinced her that the spider was too weak to fight -- he wouldn't attack her, and she surely wouldn't let him. Perhaps, he would be of use to her, and her to him at the same time. She had an idea, although she wasn't sure if he'd agree or not.

"You say you need sustenance, but I don't completely what that is. However," Minako started, shoving her hands in her pockets. "I'm guessing that you might eat people." She shuddered at the thought, hoping to not watch the gory scene that passed through her head. "I know of one enemy of mine that I injured a few days ago, an anti-hunter or pro-demon idiot, who dared to attack me. He escaped to this forest and I can easily find him again. If you'd like, I can battle him once more, leaving him to be devoured by you. It works well for us both: one less moron for me get, one more moron for you to eat." A slightly dark smirk passed onto Minako's face as she thought about it -- she wanted to know what this spider was planning to do about the demon who's heart he had to tear out. It didn't seem pretty, but it was a given.

"As for a home... Believe me, my eyes are able to see," she smirked, looking up at Diernach with a soft demeanor. "I have no where else to go, so I suppose I shall stay..." There was no possible way she'd stay long, however. After he gets stronger, Diernach would probably come to attack her next, or something like that.

Soulist
Master of Malpractice

Old 10-07-2011, 07:22 AM

Laughter rang in his throat as he watched her, and any mortal that looked in his eyes would see a dark glimmer there. "What makes you so sure I won't take his side, and cut you down from behind while you engage him, Human?" he asked, his voice echoing darkly in the shadows as he drew his web along the clearing, letting it drape and cling, clutching to branches and leaves, then to tree trunks and shrubs. Soon he'd made himself a nice little area all his own before he turned to leer down at her. "No matter. You have my word that you will be spared any wrath I might have inflicted on those who raised a hand on me in anger or vengeance. Let it be known that Diernach is a friend to justice, but an ally to no one. I devour human flesh, same as most creatures that dwell in the shadow. The night is deep, and it is ever full of terror, child." he chuckled a bit, the reciting of those lines bringing pleasure into his voice. He had enjoyed hearing them, even when they were indicating him. A shame, really.

He dropped to the floor of the clearing and looked to her, his legs picking along the stone floor, where his roof was, the spider watching her while he waited to see her up close a bit more. His body was withered, but his spirit had never felt more enthralled.

"It's unnatural for man to feed the devils of night another mans flesh. Are you sure you wish to crush this man, and leave him to me? Have no doubts that you'll be rid of him, but what makes you even dream that releasing me from my hunger so easily will benefit you? Is it that you are afraid to finish him? Are you one of those hero-of-justice types, who hate killing so much?" he tilted his head a bit, his body crooking a bit as he looked her over. "You may trust me, so long as you raise no hand to hold me back or get in my way, you are my ally. Perhaps you should bear that in mind, you won't appreciate the feeding, no matter how much you loathe the man."

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-07-2011, 08:51 PM

With narrowed eyes, Minako's inner irritation built up. She had killed many before, demons and humans alike, just because her parents and brother decided not to. Whenever they were sent out to kill a demon or quell the anti-hunters, her family would always be the ones backing out at the last minute, leaving the girl to fight them all as the rest of them feigned injury. Killing was not a problem. It was just... that the Arach looked as if he would wither and die any minute now without something proper -- it was a thought that confused Minako since she had never really cared about the well-being of anyone other than herself before.

"Killing -- that is not a problem. I've probably killed several thousand demons and perhaps a few dozen humans. I could kill him myself if I wanted to, but you said you need sustenance, and that's what I'm going to give you," she recited, turning her head to look around the forest, trying to sense the man who attacked her before. It only took a few seconds to find his energy streaming around the trees. People never realized how much of it they really let loose. "And, even though I am silencing your hunger for now, I know that you may or may not take that "alliance" to heart. However, taking me down is not easy, so I'm not worried." Turning back to the spider, Minako crossed her arms and stared at Diernach. "If you want him, you can have him easily -- I've already found where he is."

Soulist
Master of Malpractice

Old 10-11-2011, 02:50 AM

"Hmmm," his voice filled with a delicious malcontent and pleasure at her words. " I won't let you fool yourself. I'm not a knight in demonskin. If it was in my best interest to slay you while you lay on the vround earlier, I needn't have hesitated and ripped you up, rather than wake you. I allowed you to rise, you didn't just wake, slayer. Perhaps you would have struggled, but nets are treacherous things." He scuttled about a bit and laid his body against a branch, leering a bit. " It will not serve if you betray me. Even like this, my nody has weathered much. If we arrive and he is gone, my lapse in judgement will be rextified quickly," he said. " But of you are true and lead me honestly, I will do you no harm,"

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-11-2011, 09:42 PM

With a deep sigh, the hunter child rubbed her head and glared at the floor, taking the creature's words into consideration. She was not about to betray him, although she couldn't fathom why she hadn't killed him already. It was her job for God's sake. "Fool myself," she scoffed, shaking her head with a soft, almost pained expression. "Enough of this rubbish. I have no point in betraying you. Now, if you really have withered so much, then I suggest to follow me. That is... if you can keep up." Her target -- no, their target -- had started to move slightly. It wouldn't make the trip any harder, but it would make the element of surprise somewhat difficult. Minako walked ahead a few steps motioning for Diernach to follow.

Soulist
Master of Malpractice

Old 10-14-2011, 04:59 PM

"Whatever you say," the spider proclaimed as he scuttled onward, keeping behind her as they moved along, rushing quickly to keep his speed and match hers, too reluctant to expose himself by riding on her back or something like that. All he'd need for a full-sized human was a good bite, if he was close enough, so he'd have to save just enough energy for that. Diernacht was quiet a they rushed through the forest, leaping and springing from one branch to the next, trying to keep her in sight if she got ahead and making sure never to leave her behind when the land dipped or rolled away from the trees above. He kept after her carefully, but in a bit of a rush, his hunger raising its head the way a serpent would to see a mouse or something entering its den.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-14-2011, 09:37 PM

Sprinting through the forest and dodging trees and bushes alike, Minako rushed towards the enemy. She tried to keep a pace that the Arach could follow, but it was becoming difficult because the target was moving and another energy source was starting to come into view -- another anti-hunter? Or perhaps, a hunter coming to kill her target? Either way, she had to hurry before things went too far. "Just a little more," she grunted after a few more minutes, looking back to see Diernach hopping from one branch to the next, trying to keep up.

It was then that Minako ran into the next empty clearing, and seeing the man from several days ago, bolted forward quickly enough to make her form a mere blur. Her knee collided with the man's back and sent them both flying to the ground, but not before he had the chance to slash at the child with a blade. With her side sliced, she landed on top of the man and skidded to a halt, her foot slamming down on the hand that help the weapon, hissing in pain. His scream of a response sent her cringing. "You're not getting that chance again," Minako growled, cautiously looking around. That other energy had suddenly disappeared -- it unnerved her to no end. "Diernach," her voice rang out, looking back to find him.

Soulist
Master of Malpractice

Old 10-20-2011, 07:54 PM

Diernach had followed along and his mouth was growing more and more hungry for the flesh he was about to dine upon. If there was another presence nearby he seemed not to notice, so focused was he on the chance for a new meal. He landed in the clearing with a slide and moved about to make his way to the man, leering down at him with his terrible face, the eight eyes focusing on him carefully and shivering with glee. He gave the mans face a prod with a long, slender foreleg and watched him recoiled as he stood over him.

"This human, he must have a sinister love for demons if you're so willing to give him up to me," he said, landing on the mans chest with a small jump. The man moved to speak under him and was silenced quickly. Diernach had lunged forward and a quick bite had caught him by surprise. His face paled and his eyes rolled in his head as he gagged. Under him he found the man quivering a little before he started to go into shock. Turning to her, he waved a foreleg at her, indicating he wanted her to move away.

"It's not that I think you can't handle it, but if you don't mind, would you look away? People are fragile things when it comes to comfort and the like, I'd rather you not see this part, if it can be helped. It'll make you more prone to be civil when it's over." he explained, though he wasted no time and rolling the body forcefully with his legs, wrapping him in slender threads of silk as he jerked about wildly. Dierncah had half a mind to take off an arm at the shoulder if another swat came his way, but he supposed it would be a problem later if he didn't have it. He planned to wear the remains, after all, and hiding in a body was tricky enough. Just most of a body was even worse. He wrapped him carefully, working hard with his small body to attain the desired result.

((I'm really sorry this took so long and that I took control for a second there, Just wanted to move along since I'd disappeared. I've been playing on that other site and recruiting, and it's tough work.D: Sorry! ))

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-22-2011, 12:02 AM

( no worries, no worries XD. I totally understand ^^ Don't worry about taking a long time or whatnot -- I'm aware that you have other things to do and such. You can always take your time with posts >w< :hug: ))

Taken aback by Dier's sudden hop onto the man's chest, Minako jumped backwards, hissing once again as her side burned -- had the knife been coated with something? Either way, Diernach asked for the girl to move away, and that was exactly what she was going to do. She had no intentions of watching the spider consume it's prey... and do whatever else it was planning to do to the man. "That man..." she started. "He has been attacking my people for far too long. He's killed him with powers granted to him by demons." Clutching her side, the hunter turned away and limped over to a tree on the other side of the clearing. "Don't worry, I wouldn't want to see this right now... I have something else to deal with," Minako managed to grumble amidst the now searing pain that was localized in her right side.

Limping to the other side of the clearing, Minako pulled her sweatshirt up and scrutinized the bloody gash that sliced through her skin. Whatever poison the knife was dipped in didn't seem to be able to travel through her bloodstream quickly enough, but it could cause her significant damage if not bled out in time. Rummaging through her pockets, the girl managed to flip out her handy little Swiss army knife -- the perfect knife for... just about everything possible, including this. Minako leaned her left shoulder against the tree, pressing herself into it as she made the wound deeper. Scarlet blood dripped down her leg, making a pool on the floor in mere seconds, but the poison had also leaked out. Slowly, the burning sensation dissipated, replaced by an agonizing ache. "For the love of..." she hissed suddenly, yanking her sweatshirt off her shoulders. This should do for now. A loud tear resounded in the air -- Minako had ripped a off long strip of fabric and prepared to wrap it around her lower torso. She tied it tightly, wincing as she made a knot with the end of the fabric. A quiet sigh escaped the child's lips, and she sank to the ground in a heap. Just hurry up, Diernach...