Remaro
So consumed in all your Doom.......

Old 11-04-2011, 01:23 PM

Name: Calix Tempion
Title: Prince of Thieves, Prince of Darkness, King of Fools, King of Hearts (He gets a lot of names ^^)
Family: None left, originally he had three older brothers, a father and mother, they’re all deceased.
Land ruling: The ‘Shadow Lands’, a kingdom built directly beneath the kingdom above it, it’s a network of tunnels and under-ground cities. You only know the way to get there if you’re on the run from the law.
Personality: Whatever you do, DO NOT trust Calix, unless he’s given his life over to you in some agreement. As the ruler of the land where all criminals reside, it’s kinda expected for him to be untrustworthy. He happens to be one of those people who know they look good, and will use their appearance to help them in their goals. However, he isn’t boastful, and he is very efficient in anything he does. Calix is sly, cunning and manipulative, willing to do just about anything to get what he wants, no matter how many people he has to step on to get it. Some say he has a heart of stone because of this, and because of the way he can brush it off as if it were nothing. At times he can act quite like a child and he has a large curiosity in everything. He keeps strongly to the laws he sets over his land (yes, even criminals have a strict code they abide by, it’s just different to the laws they break) and won’t hesitate in punishing people to keep order. However, he does like a little bit of chaos now and then. He’s fairly laid back when he’s not working. You could say he’s a lot like a cat, he’ll be nice when he feels like it, but he doesn’t need anyone (so he says) and if someone tries to get close to him, he will scratch.
Brief History: Calix was the youngest of four brothers, his father was the Prince of Thieves and his mother known simply as ‘the Lady’. Now, there is a custom amongst those who have grown up in the Shadow Lands. If you want a title your parent has, you can’t inherit it. Rather, you have to fight, and you have to kill any who stand in your way to get that title. It was to prove your worth and that you deserved it. So, at the age of ten, Calix watched as his oldest brother killed the one closest to him in age. At thirteen his second oldest brother killed his oldest one. The only reason he was still alive was because he was not seen as a threat. Finally, when he reached the age of sixteen, Calix killed his final brother, before turning on his father and finishing him off too. No one knows if he killed his mother, but she has vanished without a trace so is presumed dead. He took control of the Shadow Lands, becoming officially their supreme ruler when he turned seventeen. Calix never speaks of his family, he will always change the topic of conversation to something different fairly quickly. He has now come up to the land residing above his home with a plan, a truly marvellous plan that will expand his power greatly.
Extra: Calix is very much a cat person, his favourite colours are red and dark purple and he has two special blades that strap onto his arms, curving up from these straps at the hands and the tip of the blade reaches back to his elbows. They’re perfect for slashing and for quick, close combat killing. He always has other weapons on him too though.
Normal Appearance:
In Disguise:

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2011, 01:40 PM

Looks good. I'm making the profile now. Do we have a name for the land?

Remaro

Old 11-04-2011, 01:44 PM

Awesome ^^ And no name yet XD I usually leave that up to the person playing the Prince since that's the land their character rules and stuff, but we can try and think of one together?

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2011, 01:51 PM

Please! I'm really bad at names. I have so much trouble just thinking of a name for character. Oh, and is it modern time or...?

Remaro

Old 11-04-2011, 01:55 PM

It's fine ^^ If you want, pick a random country and I'll get a name from that :3 And it's technically based in a slightly olden time, so medieval, but they have some technology in terms of weaponry and ways of contact, but nothing like Nintendo or televisions

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2011, 02:22 PM

Hmm.... How about... umm... Canada?
And thanks :)
Now i just need to find a picture of the character and the last name.
Done(except for the name of the country). If there is anything you want explained, please tell me.

Name: Maron Imarem Teliom Kuris III
Title: His highness Maron, King of Caspandea, Moron(only his sister is allowed to call him that)
Family: A younger sister whom he adores. Mother and father are dead.
Land ruling: The country of Caspandea, a prospering country with almost no problems.
Personality: Maron has two sides. To the public he is known as a kind and strong person, always ready to help those in need. He keeps his calm and is wise, always ready with a good answer. He is open, friendly and loved by everybody. He is a good diplomat and incredibly charming with both men and women.
To his sister and friends he is known as laidback, slack and careless. He is flirty with both sexes, but hasn’t loved anybody since a fatal love when he was young. He can be whiney, moody and bitchy. He openly expresses his dislike. He is still kind when he wants to.
Maron loves adventures and wishes to one day travel around the world exploring.
Brief History: Maron’s family was a loving and kind family. Their parents married out of love and he had no evil siblings. The problems began when Maron’s mother died. When Maron was five his mother contracted an incurable disease, that slowly, and painfully, killed her over the next year. His father was always by her bedside, letting the country run by itself for almost a year. When Maron’s mother died, his father was devastated. He kept himself locked up for the next year, leaving Maron and his sister alone. Suddenly one day his father called for Maron. He had regained his composure and would lead the country perfectly. He expected Maron to do the same, when he once took over the country. This meant that the next 15 years of his life was spent continuously studying to become the perfect king. He also had to attend a lot political meetings and partings, making sure to have allies from a very young age. The little sparetime he had left was spent with sister.
Extra: Maron’s favorite place in the whole castle is the library. He loves books and is almost always reading one. He loves romance books and secretly dreams of the perfect love. He fell in love with a boy once, but when he heard it was wrong, he decided he would never love another boy, instead pursuing a perfect love with the opposite sex. He still tends to flirt with boys. He is extremely protective of his sister and will do everything in his power, to keep her from becoming a political tool. He always carries a dagger somewhere on his body.
Formal attire(what he has on when the public sees him) (without the ears):

Normal attire(when he is with friends and his sister):

When he wants to explore/escape:

Last edited by Lovably Insane; 11-05-2011 at 09:28 AM..

Remaro

Old 11-05-2011, 09:25 AM

Caspason
Coravion
Caspandea
Ceylorca
Caspycion

Those are just some random names a generator somehow got from Canada XD But Maron looks amazing!!

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2011, 09:27 AM

Hmm... Let's go Caspandea
And thank you. Calix doesn't look so bad either :3

Remaro

Old 11-05-2011, 09:32 AM

Alright ^^ And thank you too :3 My little Calix has been around for years, poor guy's been edited so many times XD But I'm finally happy with him now XD

Sooo where would you like to start from? I suggested in the plot idea we start at the coronation where your Maron'll be about to choose his queen with a kiss or something, but we can go from another point if you want :)

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2011, 09:38 AM

I was thinking the same thing
Should i start or should you start?

Remaro

Old 11-05-2011, 09:41 AM

Ummm, would you possibly mind starting? *puppy dog eyes*

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2011, 10:23 AM

Okay. I haven't tried it before, but here goes:

His heart was pounding. Today was the day. His father was dead and he was going to become the king. First, of course, he had to survive the insanely boring coronation. And kiss a girl, who will become his queen. And not do anything stupid. And… Wait, stop Maron, you’re just making it worse for yourself. Oh, why didn’t he stay in the library? He moaned in despair then remembered where he was. He was getting ready for the coronation and was surrounded by followers. And around his followers, he should always act like the perfect prince. He regained his composure just in time as the next thing he heard was, “the coronation will begin now”.

“And now for a speech by-“ Bla, bla, bla, how many speeches was there? And they all said the same, sugary sweet words, trying to ingratiate themselves. So boring. A butterfly caught his eye. He wished he was a butterfly. Then he could just fly freely and not care about stupid coronations and marriages without love. “-and now his highness will kiss our future queen, thus marking the beginning of a new era for Caspandea.” Oh, that was his que. He elegantly raised himself from the chair and turned around to face his bride. She wasn’t ugly or evil, but there was no love. This was purely out of convenience. Trying to drag it out, he slowly began nearing her…

Last edited by Lovably Insane; 11-05-2011 at 10:43 AM..

Remaro

Old 11-05-2011, 11:20 AM

((It's fine ^^ It was good!))

Calix had settled himself carefully, strategically in the crowd. From his place, he could see the whole of the room with a perfect view of the King-to-be's movements. A light smirk curled his lips as he subtely began to shift himself through the crowd as well, poised in position once more. Any second now and his plan would move into action. It had taken months of planning, yet it amused the Prince at how quickly everything would come to fruition.

Raising an eyebrow, he felt his muscles tensing slightly. Calix had only a brief amount of time to consider how rude it was he hadn't been invited. After all, he was a prince too! All be it he was prince of an illegal 'country' that shouldn't exist in the first place, but still! That wasn't reason enough for his invitation to have never been made! Shaking his head swiftly, Calix lifted the large scarf further up to cover his face a little as he silently slipped out of the crowd. Perching just away from the other people, he watched the future king approach the air-headed lady who looked as if she were about to pass out from excitement. And who wouldn't be excited if they were in her shoes? Hell, Calix was excited! And he wasn't even MEANT to be in her shoes.

With a quiet chuckle, he remained still for a moment longer before smirking wickedly. In a sharp motion, he stepped forwards, hodling the woman's arm tightly and pulling her back in a simple movement. Stepping forwards just as quickly, the Prince of Thieves reached out, taking hold of the King-to-be's chin, tilting it up slightly as he leant down to kiss him passionately. A couple of seconds later, he smirked before pulling back, now officially claiming the title of 'Queen'. And what a wonderful title it was too. He almost started to laugh at the shocked, disgusted and astounded expressions and murmurs of the court around him.

"Greetings my King"

Last edited by Remaro; 11-05-2011 at 11:31 AM..

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2011, 10:35 PM

Maron blinked a few times in shock. That voice was definitely not female. Standing in front of him wasn’t his supposed bride, but rather a, he had to admit, quite good looking man. He looked behind the man to see his equally confused bride stare dumbfounded at this newcomer, who had interrupted her engagement. All the people around was also staring, some in shock, some in disgust, but all waiting for an explanation. An explanation Maron didn’t have. Focusing back on the man, he searched for any clues as to who this was and what his intentions might be. He had never seen the man before, but the way he stood tall, even in front of a king, showed a man of high status. Being a bit shorter than the mysterious person, made Maron having to tilt his head to look him in the eyes. Thinking a bit, an important question came to his mind. What had just happened? Had he…?
“You kissed me!” He yelled at the man. Every part of his body shook with silent rage. “Why did you do that? And who are you?”
Maron was angry and confused. And when he was angry and confused you had to give him his answers. And fast.

Remaro

Old 11-06-2011, 09:12 AM

Calix paused as he glanced up to peer curiously around at the spectators. It was highly amusing to see the disgust on the noble’s faces. A man? A supposed Commoner? Marrying their King-to-be? Unheard of! Preposterous! The Thief prince almost started to laugh to himself before he shook his head, choosing to completely ignore the woman standing behind him, probably about to have a fit now he had ruined her one and only chance at the crown.

Returning his attention to the other man, he tilted his head down to peer curiously at him, reaching up to remove the eye patch and scarf that had been used as part of his disguise, smirking lightly. “Very comforting to know the new King isn’t entirely dim-witted and has a grasp of the obvious” He pointed out before shrugging a little. “I did it because I wanted to become King... Well Queen for all intents and purposes” He answered calmly before reaching out to lightly pat the other’s cheek. “As for who I am, you can call me Calix, and before you ask, I am a Prince which makes our union completely legal, though I care little for not being originally invited” He added with a smug expression.

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-06-2011, 03:07 PM

For a moment Maron could do nothing but stare. Legal? It can’t be. He turned around to the elder, also known as The Wise and asked, “Is that true?” The elder nodded and replied, “There is nothing in the law that states a need for the queen to be a woman. As long as the person is of royal heritage, they can be accepted.” So it was true. This man was his bride and Caspandea’s future queen. No! Maron couldn’t accept it! He had sworn to protect this country and be a good king. He had to do something.

Maron directed a bone chilling glare on Calix, then turned to the crowd and said with a strong voice, “My dear citizens of Caspandea. I must unfortunately announce, that this man-“He pointed an accusing finger at Calix, “-is our future queen.” Loud gasps and angry whispers could be heard from the crowd. “But-“ The crowd went silent as Maron began talking again, “-I will do everything in my power to right this wrong.” Loud cheers were heard and, for a short moment, Maron smiled.
“Now if you’ll excuse me, I have show the… Queen… to her room.” While grabbing Calix’s arm and dragging him away, Maron promised himself this:
He was going to make this man’s life a living hell.

Remaro

Old 11-06-2011, 04:57 PM

Finally laughing, he gave an almost sweet smile as the elder affirmed the truth about poor Maron's situation. "If need be, I can give you a graph of my heritage, I could also show you the kingdom I rule... Although I will not garuntee your safety if you choose to visit" He pointed out, a wicked smirk slowly spreading over the young man's lips, hinting only slightly at the truth behind his background and the lands he ruled over.

Raising an eyebrow, he couldn't help but feel amused at the glare the other sent towards him, as if the look itself could cleave him in two. Tilting his head to the side slightly, he paused once more to observe the anger of the crowd, then the jeering and triumph of them when Maron affectively challenged him, stating he would do all that he could to be rid of him. Again the cruel smirk flickered over his lips. The thing about crime is, one could never really be rid of it, for there to be good, there had to be evil, for Maron to be a good king, it was only right that there was evil to counter balance him, hence Calix's existance.

As he contemplated this idea, he blinked in surprise as the other royal started to drag him away. Calix had a brief moment to give a mocking salute and smug, cat-like grin to the crowd of furious spectators before they vanished behind large doors, heading down one of the vast corridors. "I'd rather that when you refer to me as 'Queen', you say 'he' rather than 'she' and such. I'm as much a man as you, if not more so" He finally stated, completely at ease in the situation.

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-06-2011, 08:32 PM

Maron just gave a brief glare at the man then pointed to a small, simple pair of doors.

“This is the kitchen. We have cooks to make our food, so you’re not allowed in there.”
Pointing to the next doors, made of heavy oak, “This is the dining room. You get your food in your own room, so you’re not allowed in there.”

The next doors, this time glass, “This is the garden where we keep incredibly rare and nearly extinct flowers and plants. You’re not allowed out there.”

Then Maron pointed to a row of doors, all alike in size and shape, “This is the guest rooms. It’s where we keep our honored visitors. You’re not allowed near them.”

He passed another pair of oak doors, “This is the library, where we hold some of the world’s most precious books. You’re not allowed in there.”

Then he pointed to a door, a big bigger than the guest room doors and with an intricate design on, and said with a stern voice, “You don’t need to know what’s behind that door. Stay away from it!”

Close to the end of the hallway, there was two pair of grand doors. One pair was a bit smaller than the other, but both with intricate designs like the small door they just passed. Maron pointed at the smaller pair first, “This is your room. You will stay there until you are called. There will be meals three times a day. The other room is mine. Stay away unless I say otherwise. Dinner wil be here soon. Now if you’ll excuse I have to change out of these stiff clothes.” Maron pushed Calix inside the queen’s room, locked the door and walked away.

Remaro

Old 11-06-2011, 09:00 PM

Calix shrugged at the glare, happily following the other down the corridor. The Prince remained silent as he observed the closed doors, easily committing the floor plan to memory, thankful he’d been blessed good recall such as many of his family. Whilst the kitchens and dining room didn’t interest him greatly, the glass doors leading to the garden made him pause. Peering outside, he pressed a hand lightly against them before reluctantly following Maron, glancing to the guest rooms with a bored expression.

Again he found himself stopping by the library doors, already reaching out, wanting to pull open the doors and explore. “Why would I not be allowed into a library? Aren’t books meant to be read, even if precious?” He questioned curiously before peering at the door, the one he wasn’t told what lay behind it. “Red rag to a bull Maron” He mumbled quietly under his breath before stumbling into his room as he was pushed inside.

Spinning around, he glowered down at the other until the door closed and locked. With a low growl, he glared at the wood a couple seconds longer before turning sharply again, beginning to inspect his room. It was quite large, the design was simple but certainly detailed enough to remind a person that royalty lived inside. Chuckling quietly, he headed over to the window, gazing outside, glad it had a wonderful view of the ‘forbidden gardens’. “If he thinks he can keep me penned inside like a feeble doll, he has foolishly underestimated me” He spoke in a low tone, hands bunching into fists. First he would get into the library and inspect the books held inside, then he would continue the steps in his plan.

((I was laughing as I read your reply XDD Telling him he's not allowed somewhere is like telling Calix: Go ahead, walk right on in! I DARE you! XDD))

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2011, 12:05 PM

Maron knew it was a petty thing to do, but he hoped that locking Calix in that room, keeping him away from everything, would make him give up and hopefully leave. It probably wasn’t enough, but Maron hoped that Calix would at least stay away from the garden, library and his sister’s room. They were his sacred places, the places where he went when he wanted to be himself. He didn’t want Calix to taint them with his hateful presence. Enough had already been ruined by that man. The coronation. The day he had spent the last twenty years preparing for had been destroyed by that monster, who now holds the title of queen. Oh, how Maron hated him.

After getting changed, Maron pondered what he should do now. He could check on his sister. She had been really sick when he went to the coronation, but on the other side… He needed some answers from Calix. Who was he exactly? Where did he come from? Why did he want to be queen so much that he would…? Maron shuddered at the memory. Not out of disgust-well also that a bit- but because he enjoyed the kiss. As much as he hated the man, he had to admit he was a good kisser. And that annoyed Maron to no end. Deciding to put duty over want, he chose to talk to Calix. Walking out, he shoot one look at the door to his sisters room, the intricate designs of flowers that had been made especially for her, then he turned to the other door, the queen’s room. "After this i deserve a pause." he mumbled and knocked on the door of doom.

Remaro

Old 11-07-2011, 03:32 PM

After peering into the garden a little longer, Calix had turned to inspect the rest of his room. It hadn't taken him long before he was moving some of the lighter furniture around to better fit his tastes, the simpler pieces now sitting in clearer view whilst those more elaborate and in turn, worth more, pushed further into the shadows where they were perhaps slightly safer. He had been balancing carefully on one of the chairs, tearing down the hangings that were draped decoratively around his large bed when he heard the knock. Freezing for a moment, Calix's head snapped to the door, staring at it in utter silence for a couple more seconds before he darted down again.

Crouching by the lock of the door, he pulled out a long, thin piece of metal, deliberately crooked at the end. Inserting it into the lock, the prince made quick work of it before straightening up and cautiously opening the door once more, raising an eyebrow as he peered down at his King. "And here I thought we weren't speaking" He murmured more to himself than the other before opening the door wider, welcoming Maron in as he returned to the chair to continue removing the drapes. "I appreciate the view of the gardens, they're spectacular, very different from the ones in my land" Calix spoke in a conversational tone, trying to put the other at ease with him a little, make things eadier for the both of them. After all, a wary King was dangerous to him.

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 09:42 AM

When Maron didn’t hear anything, he decided to knock again. As his hand was close to the door, he heard muffled sounds from inside the room. Oh, so he was there. The door opening didn’t really come as a surprise for him. The man was a sneaky bastard.

Maron was a bit taken back when Calix randomly complimented the garden, but he was still wary of him and decided to ignore the comment. He walked over to the chairs, threw himself in one of them and looked around. “I see you’re already destroying the room. Oh, and please hand me the lockpick you have. And to answer your first comment, no, we’re still not on speaking terms. I just need answers. Who are you and where are you from? What is your motive for becoming queen?”

(I apologize. It took me long to reply and it's pretty short :(. I will hopefully do better next)

Remaro

Old 11-08-2011, 10:05 AM

Calix glanced down at the other from where he was carefully balanced, watching Maron thoughtfully for a moment before shrugging as he tore down the final set of drapes, dropping them into a messy pile on the floor. Once he had lowered himself to the ground again, he set about carefully folding the soft material, choosing to ignore the questions for a little while longer. In doing this, it was a small, but still obvious display of rebellion, he would not bow to Maron, even if the man was King.

Finally, the queen glanced sideways to Maron again once he'd set the neat pile at the foot of the bed. "I am hardly destroying it, simply making it safer. These drapes could easily have been used to smother me in my sleep" He pointed out with a serious expression. After all, Calix had seen it done first hand. At the demand to hand over the lockpick, he widened his eyes a fraction before shaking his head sharply, a low chuckle escaping his throat. "What gives you the right to take my possessions? I'd much rather keep the tool which will allow me freedom from this room" He pointed out before chuckling once more at Maron's bluntness. Perhaps things would be more interesting, living here, than he first thought.

"I told you, my king"
He paused, the sarcasm relatively obvious in his words. "You may call me Calix, and I am a Prince... Well, I suppose you would call it King, although we do not use that title in my lands... As for my motives, they are my own, why would I desire to tell you everything?" He questioned, sitting down slowly on the edge of the bed, poised to move any second. "Your second question is easier to answer though. I trust you've heard of the Shadow Lands? Most likely only in stories... It seems no matter how many times we show evidence of our existance, your people insist on keeping us as legends and tales to give to children who misbehave" He grinned a little, as if recalling a fond memory.

(Don't apologise! You gave me more then enough to work from :3)

Lovably Insane
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 12:13 PM

“There is a reason for the locked door.” Maron pointed out. “Since the marriage is normally a politic one, the queen is actually not allowed outside this room without the consent of the king. Even though this… engagement… wasn’t planned out, the rule still applies to you or more like, it’s purposely there for people like you, that the king-me at the moment- don’t trust. ” Though Maron didn’t approve of this rule, he hated restricted freedom too; it wouldn’t stop him from using it against Calix.

Maron walked over to Calix and stood just in front of him, for once staring down at him and not the other way around. Why did Calix have to be so tall? Maron stared Calix directly in the eye and said with a serious expression, “Oh, I do know of the Shadow Lands. I’m not stupid and neither should you believe I am. The Shadow Lands. The land of the outcasts. I should have known you were from there. Though I didn’t know the last king was dead. When did you kill him? Was it your father you killed in cold blood like a monster? And what about the rest of your family?” Maron knew of the ways of the Shadow Lands and he would use it against Calix, make him show another side than the calm, annoying façade he had shown till now.

Remaro

Old 11-08-2011, 02:03 PM

Calix tilted his head very slightly as Maron informed him of the reasoning behind the locked door. "So it is customary in your kingdom for the 'man' to rule over every movement of the 'woman' in a relationship, thus effectively oppressing her at every turn? I must say this kingdom sounds more horrific than my own if that is the case" He answered, a cold glint in his eyes, challenging the other silently. Calix didn't care if he was trusted or not, after his stealing of the kiss, he hardly expected to be trusted, but he would not allow some pathetic rule to keep him chained inside a room for the rest of his days.

Slowly he peered up at the other, watching Maron move to stand over him, the king probably enjoying being taller than his queen, a thought that brought the faint beginnings of a smirk on his lips. He leant back somewhat to create further distance between them both, watching Maron in utter silence, a silence that continued to spread thickly once the other had finished speaking. The queen didn't move, didn't look away or even bat an eyelid as he gazed at Maron, his expression blank, carefully controlled, until he rose up to stand once more, eyes narrowed in cold fury as he glared down at the other.

"No, you are more a fool than I thought you were, to attempt to antagonise a reaction from me in such a way. It pleases me my King is no idiot though, at least he understands what is real and what is not, it saves me time trying to explain the existance of my home." Pausing, Calix felt a tremmor run through his body, his anger urging him to attack the man, to kill him in 'cold blood'. In an agonisingly slow movement, he drew out a long dagger that had been easily concealed within the folds of his cloak, his face shifting into a merciless gaze. "The last king died over four years ago, and I acknowledge no family ties, be they deceased or alive. Those you would call my 'brothers', removed one another from my way, I only had to deal with one of the three, but I am no monster Maron" His lips sneered over the other's name as he took a single, predatorial step towards the other. "We each have a dark secret we are hiding, one we wish the world to never know, one we may not even acknowledge as our own..." Tailing off, Calix glared in disgust at the other before turning and striding towards the window, stopping slightly to the side of it before glancing back to the other with a bored expression. "Be thankful I have need of you alive".

Of course, he had not mentioned anything of a mother figure. The woman herself was a touchy subject and always had been within his family. The people he ruled over in the Shadow Lands had long since learned not to mention even her name in the presence of their Prince.