Cyndel
I never make the mistake of argu...
Send a message via AIM to Cyndel Send a message via MSN to Cyndel Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndel

Old 03-23-2009, 02:41 PM

Biscuits: lol That does sound nice but it also sounds like it'd be a pain in the butt for the people back there. XD;
I was just like O.O because I go to my inventory and stuff is all different looking. ^^; Nice way to freak me out when I first wake up. lol

Hehe I love Yumeh as a mascot... Even if he does scratch me more often than not. >.>;
I do wonder how he keeps that crown on his head though. XD

Hey there's one. How does Yumeh keep his crown on? XD

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 03-23-2009, 03:08 PM

And on the topic of Yumeh... atashi's question made me wonder...

Is Yumeh a girl or a boy...? xDD;;

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 03-23-2009, 04:44 PM

I have a few questions:

Will there every be a Yumeh plushie?

If there was a Yumeh plushie do you think that Yumeh would be honored or would get pissed about it and destroy all the plushies?
(That would make an awesome April Fools joke)

Will there be any item creation contests sometime soon?

Esmereina
Self proclaimed ingenius ^^

Old 03-23-2009, 05:14 PM

Hi darlings...^^

I have a question... **raises hand thoughtfully** Ummm...

How was your trail moderation/administration/developerination/event coordination like? ^^ I mean did people give you a hard time at first? And how did you feel when you got chosen? I am curious to your reactions. I know most would be excited ...but i recall some would be reluctant to take on the positions because it would mean dealing with the users...lol :)

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 03-23-2009, 06:47 PM

I'll toss my hat into this three-ring circus. 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndel View Post
Hehe I love Yumeh as a mascot... Even if he does scratch me more often than not. >.>;
I do wonder how he keeps that crown on his head though. XD

As a cat, Yumeh has superb balance, so I imagine he's very good at keeping his crown upright. However, I could have sworn I saw a hair clip under there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylynne View Post

Good luck trying to lift Yumeh and double-check, but I'm pretty sure he's a boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
I have a few questions:

If there was a Yumeh plushie do you think that Yumeh would be honored or would get pissed about it and destroy all the plushies?

Someday if we can work out a deal with Yumeh's manager (since he's quite strict on how his image is to be used) then we may get a plushie likeness. You can bet the plushie would be of the finest quality or we'd risk Yumeh taking a claw to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmereina View Post
Hi darlings...^^

How was your trail moderation/administration/developerination/event coordination like? ^^ I mean did people give you a hard time at first? And how did you feel when you got chosen? I am curious to your reactions. I know most would be excited ...but i recall some would be reluctant to take on the positions because it would mean dealing with the users...lol :)
Oh a thoughtful question. Well in that case, I'll be a little more serious. I think I was one of the few staff members that has been spared any serious confrontation. We all get a little lip now and again, but I don't think I've gathered myself any enemies via modding.

But then again, now that I'm an event coordinator I tend to hide deep into the staff cave and merely catch wind of stories from the outside. When I emerge it's only at night and I skulk along the shadows. >__>

Last edited by Ferra; 03-23-2009 at 06:49 PM..

Tre Le Coco

Old 03-23-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atashi83 View Post
Aww that's too bad Tre. I was really curious as to if there was a story behind Yumeh or not. I think it's a cute idea though as I am a huge cat lover.
Im sure there is a story behind him, but i don't know it xD;
Quote:
Jelly superglued it on! isn't she terrible :lol:
Quote:

Yumeh is a transgender robot from the future :insane:
Quote:

Why would i waste my time pixeling a yumeh plushie :talk2hand: Imma not going to let that little beast destroy my beautiful pixels :P lol
I've been thinking about it, maybe sometime in the future :)
Quote:
Well my chains and shackles are still here after 1 and a half years, so i think im still in it >.> lol
I was rather excited to join a team that wanted me =D After my crappy experience elsewhere, it was lovely to come here :) Im not sure if i was bullied more within staff or by users though xD; Being a dev is hard work!

*Hime*

Old 03-23-2009, 10:25 PM

How and where do you guys brainstorm about new developments on Mene?

Is there some ultra-secret dungeon where all the mods unite?

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
For me, it was really confusing. :lol: The invitation comes outta left field and I never woulda expected it. It's difficult at first, learning your duties and such, but it's something you grow into. I didn't get a hard time from staff, of course. Everyone's great. I did run into a couple of problems with users, but for the most part you guys are amiable bunch. ;D

Tre Le Coco

Old 03-23-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hime* View Post

In the deepest depths of hell there is a little dungeon where all the AA's whip the devs to make new things >.>; We were stuck in there for weeks on end at one point...lol

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 03-23-2009, 10:37 PM

How old is the youngest staff member? o3o

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2009, 10:49 PM

@Dystopia ~ Ferra. She's only seven and a half years old.

Cyndel
Send a message via AIM to Cyndel Send a message via MSN to Cyndel Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndel

Old 03-23-2009, 11:04 PM

*snickers at Tre's answer* Hahaha... super glue... XD
Sounds about like something I'd do. >.>;; (not to a real cat. lol)

So what goes into picking trial mods? I mean like...what specific things are looked for and such since I am assuming it's not just point and label. lol

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
So what goes into picking trial mods? I mean like...what specific things are looked for and such since I am assuming it's not just point and label. lol

Point and label? Never!
We have a huge dartboard with everyone's name on it. When we need a new staff member, we just throw pointy objects at the wall until one hits a username.

There used to be a big spinny wheel for these kind of decisions, but we decided that sharp objects are more fun.

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to tentenpuff Send a message via Yahoo to tentenpuff

Old 03-24-2009, 12:30 AM

I have a question for all the staff out there:
If a train is traveling at 32 miles per hour due south with a boiling tea kettle balanced on the grill, and another train is traveling at 75 kilometers per hour due northwest with a load of hot-pink/magenta, heck, maybe even periwinkle cargo, how many licks does it take to get the the center of a Tootsie Pop?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-24-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Gun View Post
To any/all Menewsha staff....

=> ___________________________ <=
Do you love me this ^ much?

x' D
Almost.... but what are a few underscores between friends? :3

Quote:
Let's see... To be honest, after I'd decided to stick around Menewsha, I'd hoped sometime in the future I'd be picked. It wasn't too long after I'd decided I'd enjoy being staff here that I got the PM invitation to become a Trial Moderator. I remember asking Jelly if she was sure. I hadn't been a member of Menewsha all that long at that point.

The next few months are a blur. I remember the torture chamber and the cookie deprivation. There were pillows involved in unspeakable ways. I don't like to talk about it.

Soon after they released me from the chamber I applied to be on Event Coordination - a team that was just forming. I did well enough to be accepted and some months later became Captain of the team.

I suppose the Lair got a little too quiet, or I was being too pushy with needing things done for events, because I was given a pink ninja outfit to wear almost a year to the day I arrived at Menewsha. >_>; Another round of torture ensued, but I suppose since that was around when Insomniac came on board, the other AAs didn't want to give him the wrong impression and took it easy on me. Though they still poke me when no one's looking. :cry: Right between the ribs where it really makes you go >nnf!< too! :cry:

More seriously - it's not as easy as people think it is. It's not a paid position, to be on Staff for Menewsha. And you have to make difficult choices all the time. Is something within the rules? Is this person being honest? Do we have enough proof about something before we act? Do we use the Iron Maiden or the Rack? Y'know, difficult choices. But thankfully the majority of the users here make all the hard work worth the effort.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre Le Coco View Post
In the deepest depths of hell there is a little dungeon where all the AA's whip the devs to make new things >.>; We were stuck in there for weeks on end at one point...lol
Tre is correct. >_>; Actually, we have three levels of dungeons for the Devs, just like the three circles of Hell. And then in our regular torture chamber we generally make a thread every month to discuss Contribution Items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentenpuff View Post
If a train is traveling at 32 miles per hour due south with a boiling tea kettle balanced on the grill, and another train is traveling at 75 kilometers per hour due northwest with a load of hot-pink/magenta, heck, maybe even periwinkle cargo, how many licks does it take to get the the center of a Tootsie Pop?
That depends entirely on whether or not it's a Japanese tea kettle or an English one.

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-24-2009, 12:48 AM

It's Eurasian.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-24-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
It's Eurasian.
Oh - that makes it easier, then. :3 The answer is "Agnes".

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 03-24-2009, 12:58 AM

Question! :>

Doesn't Cecilia get lonely with being the only girl her age around in Menewsha? =O Will she ever have a playmate in the future?

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-24-2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Oh - that makes it easier, then. :3 The answer is "Agnes".
D'oh, why didnt I think of that?!

... lol, yes, that was totally a question for the staff. >D

Esmereina
Self proclaimed ingenius ^^

Old 03-24-2009, 01:18 AM

hehe..thanks for answering me question Ferra, Captain howdy, CK and Tre Les Coco... ^^

I am glad you guys are happy in your positions regardless of how you make about it and the struggles along the way. This is why you deserve a whole lot of gratitude and appreciation from us users. ^^ <3

Now i have...ummm another question...^^

Will there be an Easter event? or just a hand out.. or a limited item release like the St. Pattys? ^^

*sorry if this was asked before... i read through the posts and didn't see this question pop up** :)

Cyndel

Old 03-24-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post

Point and label? Never!
We have a huge dartboard with everyone's name on it. When we need a new staff member, we just throw pointy objects at the wall until one hits a username.

There used to be a big spinny wheel for these kind of decisions, but we decided that sharp objects are more fun.
That...sounds so loving. XDD
You people are violent. XDD

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 03-24-2009, 02:13 AM

I love this thread and the great answers. I will have to think up a question but untill then I can at least answer some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartuc View Post
When the events get delayed for any reason what-so-ever. Why is it that ya'll freak out? I know events are fun and all but people freak out about why they aren't able to go into the forum at the general release date range.

Another question:
In the future, what do you want to see out of menewsha? What would you like it to become?
I freak because the events always start when I'm at work/school/con/something and I get on and can't find the event. My first thought isn't "How dare they not have the event up." No it's "Where is it where is it. I have ten minutes before my parents get home and yell at me because I'm not cleaning. Must hurry!! I can't find it. I know I must have opened the site wrong. Let's see if restarting the computer helps." Which leads me to restart my computer 53 times, stare at the screen and cry, and then finally see the notice at the top or in a thread that says the event has been delayed. Then I feel dumb untill the event starts. Then I become really happy because it is always delayed untill I'm at home.

I would like menewsha to become like a second family, a place of love and acceptance. Hey wait that has already happened.
How about a place with great items? Nope been done too.
I know, a place where everyone can have their very own walrus. You know you want thousands of walruses running around.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-24-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
That...sounds so loving. XDD
You people are violent. XDD
Noooo, of course not. We're friendly, happy, well adjusted people who just happen to enjoy taking their aggression out by flinging forks, shuriken, and filed down toothbrushes at the wall.

Everyone does that, right?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-24-2009, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Question! :>

Doesn't Cecilia get lonely with being the only girl her age around in Menewsha? =O Will she ever have a playmate in the future?
Well, there are Penny and Evan, who are a little older at twelve years old, but I think they probably take the time to play with her. :) And there are other children of the proper age on Menewsha... They just don't come into the storyline. :)

Also, one of the other reasons Cessy doesn't really get lonely is she doesn't live on Menewsha year-round. ;) She splits her time between living with her grandfather here on Menewsha and spending time with her parents on the Mainland. But because of their jobs, they don't spend a lot of time at home, so that's why Cessy lives with her grandfather and you don't see her running around all the time. ;)

Quote:
Will there be an Easter event? or just a hand out.. or a limited item release like the St. Pattys? ^^
There will be an event. :)

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 03-24-2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy
When Bartuc joined the team, Kin and I were hoping we'd have a new ally in standing up to the female staff. Turns out though Barty enjoyed dressing up. ... He had a ball with the Valentine commons.
I know nothing about this. I enjoyed the vdays when they were released. XD I am no model for the chauvinist female staffers.

Tre
Lies. *deletes Jelly's proof* >>;

Quote:
Hi darlings...^^

Well, trialing wasnt to bad. I learned quite a bit and asked alot of questions. Everyone was fairly helpful. When I was asked to make the image map tutorial right after I became a trial. All the staffers were real nice and helped me since I had never made an 'official' thread before. I always half-assed things like that. I find it hard to be serious in some things. Being chosen was a surprise. I had been receiving some PMs from all kinds of staffers for CIs at the time. I got online to another PM and I was expecting to be asked for CIs. When I read I was being asked if I wanted to trial I was kinda in shock. I asked questions, then went outside and smoked, got some food, and went back to my room.

Quote:
I have a few questions:

Yumeh has been being a bitch lately. He has been pissed off since I took part of his cut from the slippers and put it into Abel's underground gambling ring where I lost them all because Magnus pulled his out a shotgun and held it to my head. He wasn't happy he lost and he mugged me then dumped me off in the middle of an intersection, tied up, naked. Yumeh has been mad since then and refused to do any more publicity items until I pay him back.

Quote:

We do it in Word Games where nobodies goes. There is a thread in there we use all our mules to hold a chat in. Afterwords, we go through and clean house, make cookies, and act like n00bs with super 1337 chat speak so no one will know the new ideas coming out.

Quote:
*head explodes*