Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-09-2007, 01:02 AM

Feel free to send us fanmail and follow the story with each turn and twist, but please don't post. xD

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 07-09-2007, 01:13 AM

• My Character Profile:
    Name: Jat
    Sexuality: homosexual
    Eye color: onyx
    Hair length and colour: chin length, black
    Stature: 6'1", slim but firm build
    Personality: He's very playful but he's known to go into a mellow/depressed mood sometimes. He loves to hang out with everyone and befriends people easily.
    Bio: For as long as Jat could remember he's always been interested in boys rather than girls and had found it confusing at first as to why. But he had worked through it, he still keeps it to himself while at school but he's openly gay around his best friend. Since junior high though he began to crush on him but he knew his friend was straight so he kept it to himself but he'd always guessed he know but never said anything about it to him.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-09-2007, 01:26 AM

Name: Jeremiah
Nickname: Jerry
Sexuality: Questionablely Straight
Eye color: Black
Hair length and colour: Black, with sort of an emo-style.
Stature: 5'6 ft Slender and swift, not too much physical strength.
Personality: Rather bothered about his height and general appearance, he is secluded and somewhat hard to approach. When befriended, he will be quite loyal and remain that way.
Bio: Jerry has been straight all his life, but being his shy and rather plain self, has been bad with the girls. He's given up on love and instead spends his time with his best friend, Jat, although due to all this, he has been beginning to question his sexuality. Even so, worried about what his Christian parents and others may say, he has choosen to keep this to himself, also not wnating to intrude the barrier of 'best friends' with anything like this.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 07-09-2007, 07:09 AM

• The number 11 bus wound through the streets through its route but inside a boy with dark hair and a hooked nose was squirming in his seat impatient to get where they were going. "Can you believe it Jerry? We're two of the only students picked to tour a highly top secret lab!!"

Jat squirmed in his seat more as he stared out the window looking at the scenery. He couldn't help but be hyper there were so many rumors going on about that laboratory he just had to check it out when he learned they were taking in two highschool students for a tour. He had signed up and made sure to sign up his best friend, Jerry, as well before even telling him about it. For a small second he wondered if Jerry was even interested but the two of them were interested in a lot of the same things. Well the only difference was their tastes in sexual partners, which was sorta okay to Jat but he had a crush on Jerry for a long while now and he felt guilty sometimes that he seen Jerry as more than a friend.

"You remember the rumors of the place don't you?" Jat asked turning to his friend with a broad smile, his voice rather boy-ish at the moment in his hyperness. "That they biologically engineered monsters... built robots... they say you can find vampires and such in the basements. I want to find out if this is true, it'd be so fun. Do you think they're true? The rumors I mean."

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-09-2007, 05:05 PM

Jerry's slender frame jumps at the sound of his best friend's voice, being a timid creature and one that was easily startled at that. Internally scolding himself for being so nervous, he'd tear his gaze from the intriguing scenery and turn from a faraway window to his excited companion, whom was obviously the more openly-insane one between the two. The slight movement of Jerry's head momentarily swept his lengthened bangs from his right eye, leaving the set of black to sparkle awkwardly in the light as he faced his friend.

"Of course I have," Jerry would reply, attempting to sweep his bangs from his face as they fell back in place. Although it was quite a bother for him to wage war with his hairdo almost every second only to loose the war, he never would have thought to cut it. "I... Um... You don't think that they're really real... Do you?" His right hand would suddenly rise and fiddle with the engraved tag hanging from his neck by a delicate silver chain, one that had been given to him by his grandfather. A rather bothersome habbit that seemed to give away his discomfort. "Um.. Heh... Monsters... Yes... That'd be lovely..."

It was clear which of the duo was the braver. Jerry couldn't help but sigh. Here Jat was ready to rush into basements and shake the hands of terrifying scientific specimens, most likely unsafe, and Jerry was shivering in his shoes! Jerry couldn't imagine how nor why this friendship had started and lasted, when he was such a scaredy-cat and Jat was so... Well. Braver. Eager to expriance new things. Jerry began to wish that he could be more like his friend, so that maybe he'd stop holding his companion back as much as he felt he did. Then suddenly snapping out of his thoughts, he'd drop the necklace, the thin metal plate tapping sharply against his chest and the simple white polo covering it.

"The... Vampires... Whatevers... You do think they're tame... Right??"

Jerry's tanned flesh had visablely began to pale at this point from the worry, and he could almost hear Jat's teasing tone telling him that he was beginning to grow grey hairs like an old man already, and to chill out. Remembering that, he'd take a deep breath and clear his throat, trying to calm his anxious heart and at least keep the stammering under control. He'd smile weakly toward Jat, giving him a playful punch on the shoulder, pathethic in every way since Jerry wasn't strong in the first place, let alone when he was terrified enough to loose his lunch.

"Thanks ole buddy... Even if rabid vampires do tear me apart, at least we'll go out together, best friends. Huh?"

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 07-09-2007, 07:40 PM

• "Come on don't worry too much," Jat said noticing his friend's nervous habits. He knew Jerry scared way too easily and it wasn't his plan to scare him in his hyperness, he just couldn't help himself sometimes. Instead he slung his arm around Jerry's shoulders, "besides if anything does go wrong I'll be there to protect you."

Jat considered Jerry's other ramblings for a while, he felt guilty about worrying his friend. He always felt guilty about doing so and yet he always succeeded at it. Right now he was thinking of a way to calm down his friend and enjoying the contact with him for however long Jerry would allow him to embrace him, whenever the boy was worried he'd not realize until later before moving out from his embrace.

Jat still remembered the time the two of them first became friends back in elementary, he had just transfered to Jerry's school in grade three and during recess he seen a boy his age being bullied by older students. At the time he didn't realize what he was doing but he jumped on one of the boys' backs and dragged him to the ground rolling away before the boy had crushed him under his weight. Instead Jat had went to stand in front of the terrified boy and ordered the boys to leave Jerry alone. He had gotten the beating of his life time but he had also left them with bruises on their own and the boys had moved their attention to him instead of Jerry. After the teachers had broke up the fight he had looked up at the boy and grinned with a split lip and broken nose, "Hi, I'm Jat."

He often wondered if Jerry hadn't been picked on so much if the boy wouldn't be so terrified today about a lot of things. He was always glad though that they were friends, and knew that they would continue to be the best friends even if their personalities differed a little. Jat knew he was much more outgoing than Jerry but it helped people take their attention off the timid boy who hated to be the center of attention.

"I'm not sure what I believe really," Jat said at last after some thought thinking of whether he truly believed the monsters were real. There had to be something top secret in there to be closed to the public other than this one tour only open to two students. "I think it may be plausible but not necessarily real... I mean they're just rumors. We've heard those rumors since elementary sometimes rumors aren't anything more than that. But if there are monsters though... I'm sure they'll be locked up or tamed.. there's no reason to be frightened."

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-09-2007, 08:13 PM

Jerry smiles weakly toward Jat, embarressed that he continiously had to be rescued by his friend yet comforted that he wouldn't be alone if anything did happen. Subconsiously he leans to the side, resting his head on Jat's shoulder. After mentally repeating to himself several times that nothing would occur, he began to calm down, although still anxious at heart. Eventually the color would return to his face and overflow into a faint pinkish shade as he realized that Jat's arm was around him, having been too frazzled to notice what he was leaning on. His faint blush becoming bright crimson he'd pull away, awkwardly muttering an apology without quite knowing the reason.

Quick to change the conversation before his sorry was accepted, he'd quickly turn to the window, trying to force his skin to return to its normal, non-humiliated shades. Trying to hide his face and gesture to the window, which was hard consitering Jat had the window seat, he'd quickly ask, "How long til we get there?" Then spotting the silouette of a building in the distance, he'd motion outward toward it. "Is that it?" Studying it as it grew closer, he'd wonder why it seemed foreshadow danger.

Angrily telling himself for the billionth time that nothing was going to go wrong, he'd slowly nod his head toward Jat's final statements. Of course, he had been trying to tell himself the same thing for the entire trip, but for some reason, coming from Jat, it was more comforting. "Yeah, I guess. They wouldn't let us come if they were mean or anything." He laughs nervously, the forced chuckle sounding fake even for him. "I can see it now. 'Two Highschool Students Murdered By Vampires, Science Held Responsible' or something like that."

Jerry had a strange way of dealing with his problems. He either waited for them to go away, tried to run away or hide, or, when all else failed, he made a joke about it, as he had done now. Then he realized that he had one more option, the one that secertly seemed to help him throughout his entire life. Jat. Jat would come and chase away the bullys. Jat would come and keep him company when everone else shunned him. Jerry sighed. He'd pay Jat back one day, in a form that had nothing to do with math homework for once.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 07-09-2007, 08:51 PM

• Jat smiled slightly as he watched the blush creep up on Jerry's face, he couldn't help it he enjoyed being around his friend and crush. The blush always made his friend look that much more adorable but he wouldn't say that though, too close to giving Jerry the truth of his feelings when he knew Jerry was straight. He didn't want to ruin their friendship in any way and that would definitely put a damper on their friendship.

Looking up to where Jerry was pointing as he let his arm drop back to his side rather regrettably he nodded slightly as he watched the building loom closer. It took up quite an expanse of land and really was almost just outside the city. It seemed the creators of this building only wanted one floor with high ceilings and few windows. He knew he'd hate to stay there for too long.. he hated buildings with few windows, in truth he was a bit claustrophobic in buildings that didn't have much windows. It was one of the reasons his bedroom was in the corner of the house and had multiple windows on both the walls that were the outside walls.

"Yes it is," Jat said a few moments after his nod completely forgetting he had nodded at all as he stared in wonder. He reached up and pulled the bell to signal to the bus driver they would like to get off at the next stop. "Nothing is going to happen though Jerry, I'm sure it'll be a boring tour but I still had to see this place we're one of the few able to see inside. Isn't that exciting enough?"

Jat bounced again as his hyperness returned to him after calming down his friend. His moods came in spurts from hyper to mellow to hyper again and depending on the situations, sometimes depressed. Now though he was glad that they finally arrived and ushered Jerry out of the bus and stood across the street from the building with glee.

Grabbing Jerry's hand without a thought he crossed the street at a quick pace and stopped by the security station in front of the main gate. The man sitting behind the window was a burly man with a thick mustach and balding, he also didn't seem like he should fit in the small security shack that seemed smaller than his girth.

"You kids get out of here, this is private property," The man barked without a kind word of hello of any sort.

Jat stood there staring at the man perturbed, had they got the day wrong? He was sure the permission slip had mentioned Monday a noon. It was a quarter to twelve but he was sure that wouldn't be a bother. "You don't understand, we were have a tour here today at noon. I even have the form on me.."

Jat pulled out a piece of paper from his rather form fitting jeans and smoothed it out on the sill of the window sill, or rather counter from the looks of it. The man glared down at the paper then up at both of them. "Fine go in but don't go wandering. Don't want you to get hurt or anything."

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-09-2007, 09:12 PM

Whatever was between the bus and the isolated building, Jerry didn't see nor remember as he was half-pulled, half-pushed the entire distance by his overexcited friend. Unable to help but think that his eyes would be swirls had this been a scene from one of his favorite animes, he'd laugh, lost in thought of trying to imagine such a thing until the guard's gruff voice demanded that they leave, cutting off any greeting that Jerry might've liked to offer. Having been a few moments away from doing so, relieved that there was an excuse not to go near whatever mutated insanity lay within, he almost groaned when Jat seemed to produce the nessicary document from what seemed like thin air.

Trying for a second time now that this guard knew that they weren't trespassing, he'd stammer out a, "Hello Sir. Thank you." More anxious to get out of this unpleasant man's company than to put off entering the drab, unwelcoming place, he'd snatch Jat's hand and this time, be the one dragging him off into the building, stopping directly at the door. Releasing Jat's hand, Jerry would turn around, either expecting or hoping that he wouldn't be the one to open the door to unveil the nightmares within.

"That guy was real uptight, huh? And what did he mean, get hurt? You don't think this place is actually... Dangerous... Right?"

He pauses for a moment to think this over, his hand twitching from the effort it took to keep it from grabbing at that seductive charm at his neck. Strangely, it was almost like a drug, helping Jerry soothe his nerves during trouble. At the same time, he wanted to seem as if he wasn't, so that at least he wouldn't seem like a complete chicken in front of his best friend. He choose to, for once, not look like a scared little rabbit.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 07-10-2007, 05:26 PM

• Jat allowed himself to get pulled along but not before a foolish bow to the security guard to give his thanks. He received a sullen glare from the fat man but he only grinned as he turned to face the right way walking towards the building.

"I'm sure he meant nothing by it," Jat said with a small smile, in truth he wondered what the man meant himself but he didn't want to worry Jerry again, they were just outside the doors and there really was no turning back now. "He's just a prickly arse trying to scare us, I'm sure there's nothing dangerous."

Jat grinned all of a sudden knowing Jerry was trying his best not to worry too much. Grabbing the door handle he pulled it open stepping closer to Jerry he put his arm around his waist watching for Jerry's reaction as to whether he should back off or not but he gently began to guide Jerry through the open door. "Come on, I'll protect you remember?"

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-11-2007, 03:37 AM

Jerry allowed himself to be nudged through the door, unable to stop himself from closing his eyes. Taking a few moments to become mentally prepared for what he may see, he slowly began to look around. He could't help but be surprised to see a rather plain, beige room, something that looked like a lounge or the waiting room at the hospital or dentist's, minus the screaming kids and the parents browsing through magazines.

"This isn't so bad," he'd finally say, eyeing the hallway to the left. "But um... Do we just go in? Or is there a guide or something?"

Remembering what the man had said, he firmly plants his backside onto one of the leather sofas, which felt much harder than it looked. He almost winced having expected something softer, wondering how anyone could be comfortable on this thing. Leaning back and trying to get comfortable, he'd also realize that it was just high enough so that he couldn't lean against it or over it to be comfortable.

"Lovely seats," he'd remark, sarcastically.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 07-11-2007, 07:36 PM

• The room wasn't as impressive as Jat was expecting. He was expecting something much better decorated than a hospital waiting room design but he couldn't help but chuckle when he noticed his friend had his eyes closed at first when they entered. Looking around further he left Jerry sitting on the couch and went to the front desk.

"Uh.. we're here for a tour of the place?" Jat said to the receptionist who had been watching them silently when they had entered. When Jat spoke to her she jumped though, as if she hadn't heard a sound for a long time, or was scared of something. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you.."

"N-no you didn't, excuse me," the girl said rather sheepishly as her eyes darted around as if someone else was there with her. She was a pretty thing, blond hair with exquisite green eyes like one's never seen before, she wore her hair straight down and kept fussing with it as if she didn't want her ears showing. "Please take a seat sir, Dr. Roberts will be right with you. He's just having a quick lunch break before going to show you around."

Jat nodded with a small thanks and returned to where he had left Jerry and sat down more delicately than Jerry had. He was curious as to why the girl was so frightened but he hadn't wanted to bring it up before Jerry for he may think the worst. Maybe she was just a timid girl and wasn't used to seeing strangers, after all very few who entered this building would be strangers to the receptionist because the same scientists worked here daily.

"Pretty drab place isn't it? No decoration to make the place feel welcoming in the least," Jat said to Jerry after a while as their scheduled time passed rather slowly and he was beginning to get bored.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-11-2007, 08:00 PM

Jerry had watched the communication between his friend and the girl, not quite comforted by her reaction to visitors. Shoudn't she have been warned by whomever ran this place that they would be here? He couldn't help but feel as if he had stepped into a horror film, although he had to admit that the girl at the desk was quite pretty, rather young for someone who'd be working in a place like this. She seemed about as out of place as they did in this place, sort've like the basket of fruit and its clashing colors against the white-hued background.

After staring at the fruit boredly for a few moments, he'd realize that he was hungry. Taking another few moments to debate if it would be rude to take anything, it was an ill-mannored growl of his stomach that decided. Studying the basket for a few minutes before taking an apple, he took a bite, waving absentmindedly to the female with his free hand before turning back to Jat.

"Yeah," he'd agree, having seen at least a painting even when he did go to the doctor's. Speaking between bites, he had to brush his hair out of his mouth every fewmoments. "I mean, at least at Dr. Manny's, they've got some books or at least a television turned on."

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 07-11-2007, 10:36 PM

• Jat nodded absently but jumped up when he heard footsteps, though it was also because his arse was beginning to ache from the hard seats. He wondered if this Dr. Roberts knew anything of keeping a scheduled time or not.

"Ah boys, you're here already.." the man said just as he was appearing looking rather stunned they'd been there waiting already. He was a short man with spectacles blocking out blue-gray eyes and sandy blond hair with a bad comb over and a well groomed mustache. "I'm Doctor Roberts, I'll be showing you around today and maybe if you allow us a small experiment with your consent of course. I believe it was mentioned in the letter you both received..."

"I was actually wondering what type of experiment it was though," Jat inquired rather curious about what sort of experiment it was.. it didn't go into great detail other than a lot of safety precautions made it safe for them.

"We'll get to that when the time comes, shall we?" Dr. Roberts said with a nervous smile and beckoned to them both. "Let us go and begin the tour now."

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-12-2007, 12:06 AM

Jerry jumped as they were unexpected approached by the incoming footsteps, fruit leaping from his hands with him and fallling as his cramped backside slammed, for a second time, against the unpleasant surface of the seating. Taking about half a second to feel sorry for himself, mostly his arse, he'd fumble for the fruit and save it just a few moments before it hit the floor, finishing it as quickly as possible without seeming to lack mannors. Tossing the core into the nearby trashcan, he'd wipe his palm on the seat of his pants- both to clean his hands and to make sure nothing had been broken.

"Hello sir," he'd greet, glancing at Jat with a questionable glance in his eyes. Had he been brought early or had the man been late? "My name is Jeremiah. Uh, Jerry. Nice to meet..."

Jerry trailed off as Dr. Robert's words sank into his brain to be fully understood, jumping in his skin and thoroughly happy that he hadn't been sitting down or he wouldn't be able to stand upright for the rest of the day. He whirls around to shoot a look toward Jat that screamed the question that was going on in his head, which was: WHAT? EXPRIMENT? US?? Jerry's mouth fell open as he dug in his pockets for the letter, jerking it out and rereading it carefully. Although he read his Cirque du Freak and Harry Potter from cover to cover as if there was no tomorrow, he scanned anything that didn't match that genre. And there it was.

"That sounds very... Um... Interesting... Sir..." Jerry would stammer, his hand instantly reaching for his neck. "But... Uh..."

Unable to finish the sentence as Dr. Roberts walked away, Jerry would send Jat a look that questioned his sanity. Realizing that it would most likely be missed, he scurries after the male, now especially beginning to worry about his health.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 07-13-2007, 02:36 AM

• Jat kept pace with Jerry following behind Dr. Roberts as he walked the hallways. He glanced at Jerry every once in a while knowing his friend was panicking and he didn't want to be rude and interrupt Dr. Roberts who didn't realize anything was wrong.

He had probably should have warned Jerry to read the whole form through when he learned of it himself but he had figured Jerry would have anyways. Instead he hoped to be able to talk with Jerry and calm him down before hand or something.

"I'm sure you're both curious as to what we do here," Dr. Roberts said as they took a left into a hall with windows looking into the rooms and doors that would also lead into them. "Most of us here study microbiology and mutations that we see in different species. We look at the DNA and are able to understand how to change it and be able to mutate a species into whatever we want.

What we see here is head researcher Mary Svenn researching a defect we've found in a common plant," he continued motioning through one of the windows. The plant looked like a bunch of daisies twisting their stems all together and folding in on itself, a sort of red vine wrapped around the stem and wound through the delicate flower buds and seemed to move out of the way of being touched by he researcher. "We're unsure as to what made this mutation.. but it's a step in the right direction to learn all that we need."

Jat had stared at the plant for a bit in wonderment, he had expected experiments on animals to be the first shown, but soon as they followed Dr. Roberts through the halls they got into seeing researchers bent over live and dead animal bodies. In one room a bat was flying around as if the light was not blinding it as it would to it's wild counterpart, in another they seen a skunk ready to spray but revulsion hadn't shown on the researchers faces.

"We've managed to change the skunks stink smell of something more pleasant, something like a flowery perfume," Dr. Robert's explained when Jat had asked about it. "It's a wonder what we can actually do here, we have to keep the place top security because of other companies wanting to steal our research and animal rights activists wanting to free the animals."

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-23-2007, 04:24 AM

Jerry tried to look as if he were paying attention to what Dr. Roberts was saying, but failed miserably as his eyes began to wander. He never actually cared about science and often fell asleep in class, although that wasn't anything new. It was a mystery how he managed to keep himself in school with grades enough to satisfy his parents, whom had high expectations for him. He glanced toward the strange plant before turning off to the side, actually quite unnerved by it.

He turned off to the side where he saw something that was less intimidating. (If that were possible. Plants just weren't intimidating, unless you just happened to be Jerry.) He almost came to a complete stop as he stared at it, unsure of what it was but knowing somewhere that he liked it. It was obvious that it was a dog of some type, though he knew it wasn't any breed that you could keep for a pet. It was about the size of a normal poodle, and had curly fur, but rather strangely, its fur had turned a distinct shade of sickly green.

"Wow," he murmurs, before realizing that he had fallen behind. He speeds up, jogging after the other two in order to catch up. Although he had forgotten his fears to study the dog for a few moment, he obviously had no plans to stick around and get lost. Especially after what that man had said before.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 07-25-2007, 08:10 PM

• As the tour wore on they seen no monsters, nothing like vampires or werewolves. None of the mystical creatures that they had heard were being created here. Jat was rather disappointed at this... all that resembled to what he expected was a vampire bat flying around perfectly content in light that should have blinded the small creature.

Though in one of the bigger rooms there was a unicorn, beautiful in it's magnificence and looked very intelligent if you looked into his eyes. Jat smiled when he seen this creature, who he knew was once a horse, who had their own intelligence if not as vast as the humans but now it seemed much wiser than any human could be and much more beautiful than any horse.

Turning to Jerry he smiled glad for his part there were only the beautiful creatures of myth and lore rather than the monsters they heard rumors of. "Isn't he beautiful?" Jat murmured in a dreamy voice as he looked back at the unicorn who stepped towards them, for this was the one room that they were allowed to enter.

"Yes.. er.. He's known to swell anyone's heart," Dr. Robert's said with a small smile enjoying the reactions as this was the last room of the tour. "It's usually why I save him for last, for nothing stands up to his magnificence of our studies."

Jat nodded absently not at all sure what the man had said at all. Dr. Roberts continued though aware of the unicorn's effect, "This is the end of the tour.. would you two like to participate in the small experiment? It won't hurt a bit and you'll be leaving here unharmed."

The mention of the experiment brought Jat back to normal as he turned away from the unicorn once more, he wanted to say yes that he'd do it but for the first time in his life thought to get Jerry's opinion before volunteering themselves into anything. "Only if Jerry agrees to it, otherwise no."

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-25-2007, 08:23 PM

Jerry began to come to ease as he realized that nothing too dangerous was going to come pounding down the hall to tear him apart, although he couldnt' say he had that much love for the huge spider he saw on one of the tables, no matter how many times Dr. Roberts had assured him that the spider was completely harmless. Jerry's idea of harmless didn't have that big of a set of teeth, no matter how unpoisonious it was.

Although he wasn't eager to see anything too out of the question, he had to admit he was as awestruck as the next person once his eyes came upon the the horned horse. He at first had believed it an illusion or trick of the light, the creature's purewhite pelt a'sparkle and almost seeming ghostly and transparent even as it stared directly at him.

He murmured a word to God, unable to speak louder due to his awe. Jerry took steady steps to approach the unicorn, moving as if he had been hypnotized by the magic of the so-call nonexistant creature. Such a glorious and handsome specimen, almost everything he imagined when buried away in one of his fantasy novels. People often jeered him for reading such, crowing to him that such series were to be set aside for girls, but he almost wished he could show the brillence of this animal to them today and here. Then they would know.

Unaware of the conversation occuring behind him, he'd carefully reach out a hand, placing his palm in front of the unicorn's maw as if greeting a dog. Pleased to see the horse sniff at his hand and arm, he'd slowly reach foward and run his hand across the creature's mighty neck, amazed to see that it was indeed soild, of flesh and bone. Without any notice of the conversation, he'd mutter something under his breath, jerking back to find that they were waiting for him to speak.

"Er- I- Wha...? Go ahead?" he sputters, not quite sure what he was supposed to say.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 07-25-2007, 08:40 PM

• Jat looked at Jerry a little surprised at the quick response he had made with no note of fear or hesitation but he smiled none the less. Maybe he had calmed down after seeing that there were no actual monsters and like him had been overcome by the beauty of the unicorn. "Well you heard him.."

"Good, good," Dr. Roberts said with a satisfied smile. Unknown to either Jat nor Jerry he was pleased his plans worked every time.. keep the beautiful creature for last and let it's magic make them as if nothing wrong no matter how leery a person was in the beginning. "You may stay here while I go inform the others and then I'll lead you to the changing room for you to undress in and then to the room where it'll be held."

Jat nodded with a small smile glad to be able to stay with the unicorn a while longer. His own nerves were buzzing unexpectedly, though he suspected it to be because the man hadn't quite explained what it would be about. With a sigh he turned back to the wonderful creature and found his worries float away as he gingerly stroked the animals neck as he watched Jerry do the same.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-25-2007, 08:51 PM

A few moments later, it finally sank in for Jerry what he had just agreed to do. Although he looked rather stunned for a few moments, the majesty of the mythical creature was all that he needed to be reassured that nothing could possiblely go wrong. He nods his head in confirmation although his heartbeat began to quicken, eased only by the feel of the horse's broad neck against his palm and the fact that his best friend was going to be at his side.

Although he reddened slightly once he realized that he was going to have to remove his clothes, he didn't show any signs of complaining. Hey, maybe he'd end up better than before after this. He smiles faintly, daydreaming of what may happen if he came to school, looking better than those people that scorned him. Maybe even stronger, so that he could stand up for himself and quit holding back his friend. This only excited him moreso, making this 'little expirment' seeming more pleasing in his mind.

"Hey, you know, that Dr. Roberts isn't that bad," he'd state, speaking both to the animal and the human in the room. "At first I thought that this place was going to be really creepy, you know? I don't think its that bad..."

Not once did his eyes leave the mythical creature, a yearning in his heart wishing that he had been able to bring a camera. But of course, he had scanned the letter he had recieved well enough so that he didn't miss the line about no photographs. It was there in bolded font, there was no way he could miss it. But he wished with all his heart that there was some way that he could.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 07-25-2007, 09:27 PM

• Jat silently watched Jerry for a while watching as a fleet of emotions went across his face as he realized what he had agreed to. Jat worried for his friend but if he wasn't speaking up to change his mind Jat wasn't going to pressure him into anything he felt okay about.

Jat wondered what exactly the experiment would be like.. if it was just a small thing.. mess with their strengths or their looks. Looking at the horse made unicorn he knew anything could be possible and that they could definitely turn out looking much more good looking than they were.. though Jat never had a problem with his looks he loved the fact he was better looking than some of the boys in school but he wouldn't mind looking better if it drawn more attention from guys. Although he had a crush on Jerry he tried to move on and go into relationships with others.. but they never did last long.. never feeling right to him he'd break it off and feel guilty that he had led the nice boy on.

It was a while before he noticed Jerry had spoken and a small blush went across his cheeks for a small moment as he recalled what exactly had been said. "Yeah, I have to admit I'm rather disappointed that there were no monsters but this place is still an interesting place to learn about something we hadn't thought of before..."

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-25-2007, 09:39 PM

Jerry's visable brow raised and the second did the same from beneath the hair that curtained it, both eyes sparkling with disbelief as he glanced from the unnatural beast to his companion, obviously shocked to hear that anyone could be disapointed to figure out that there were no monsters in the building they were standing in. He'd shake his head with a nervous laughter, as if he were met with a crazy person that just told a not-to-funny joke, something rather forced. He'd give Jat a friendly pat on the shoulder, lingering a few seconds longer than he should, looking up at him with a weary smile.

"You can go hunting for vampires later," he'd reassure, as if consoling a child whom had fancied fighting a dragon. "And if you must drag me along in the dead of night, so be it. But for right now, let's just be happy that we don't have to cover our necks and run for our lives."

He'd seem rather dreamy as he leaned against one of the walls, his fingers absentmindedly caressing the soft pelt of the mythical beast that stood before him, whatever doubt in his heart for the good of this melting away as his daydreams took place. To come out stronger, braver. To be able to speak as his friend did, and to be able to quit being a burden. But then, glancing toward Jat, he wondered what changes could be done to his best friend. Jat was already good-looking (he admited this to himself with a blush) and brave. He didn't seem to need any improvements.

"What do you think they're going to do to us?" Jerry questions, turning from the topic before he turned as red as a stop sign.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 07-25-2007, 10:07 PM

• Jat looked at his friend and grinned knowing what was going through his mind when he though of monsters and his disappointment. "I don't think vampires are all about drinking all the blood they want Jerry, they are sorta like humans too.. they just have to stay out of the sun."

Jat leaned against the wall near Jerry with a small smile as he decided to watch Jerry instead of the beautiful creature in front of them. To him it didn't matter where he looked to be able to enjoy the sights. "But if you're keen on joining me lets go to the grave yard on Friday night, see if any of the bodies come to life and chase us for our blood."

Jat chuckled as he made the word 'blood' sound much like the present day Count Dracula type voice. He wondered though why Jerry was blushing all of a sudden, the boy did blush easily but he doubted it was because anything he said. Leaning closer he grinned maliciously, "What's on your mind?"

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-25-2007, 10:33 PM

Jerry instantly turns his head so that half was hidden by his posture and the other by his hair, his friend doing nothing to ease the red sharp on his pale features. He furiously reminded himself to get out in the sun more often, a tan might've helped him seem less embarressed all the time. His white flesh made the faintest touches of pink seem like the deepest shade of red that was possible without making it look as if he were suffocating.

Batting Jat away as he spoke with the odd accent, Jerry would playfully dodge out of the way as if Jat would then threaten to bite him on the neck. Being the speedy fellow he was, he was able to get to the other side of the room. Being the klutz he was, he also managed to trip over one of his untied shoelaces and fall flat on his face, spooking the unicorn in a whinny.

"Sorry," he'd grunt, giving the unicorn an apologetic pat on the back as he sat up.

"Then I'd make a perfect vampire," he'd mutter, from the ground. "According to half the people I meet, I look li-" He stops when Jat drew closer, starting to turn a distinct shade of purple or perhaps even maroon. "Er- I- Uh. Nothing. That is- Um." He sits there for a few moments, feeling like a complete idiot, not quite sure what to do next.