Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-17-2008, 02:33 AM

Name: Rina Karina
Personality: Her strongest trait and perhaps her downfall is her stubborness. However, she also has a strong attraction to her family. Loyal to the end, she will do anything to get what she wants.
Appearance:

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-17-2008, 02:40 AM

Name: Andrew Wiggens Muscari (Andy to family only)
Race: Human
Personality: Quiet, observant. He's sometimes seen as sly and conniving, but that's just because most don't get to know him personally.
Appearance: Thus.
Bio: Born to loving parents who don't understand him Andrew channeled his emotions into video games, and at the age of 25 helped to develop the top-selling game of the year. It made him rich, but still didn't earn the respect of his parents, who wonder when he'll settle down and get married.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-20-2008, 01:27 AM

[[Okay, I'm going to start.]]

Rina flipped over her last card, and took a small peek at it. She sighed in relief, mentally thanking God for her luck.

King, King, King, Ten, Ten

She laid down her hand with a triumphant grin.

"House of kings," she said, a smirk showing on her face.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-23-2008, 05:22 PM

Andrew leaned back, a grin slowly spreading across his face. He first showed the nines, spades and clubs, then revealed three aces. "House of Aces." He raised an eyebrow at Rina. "You must be my Lady Luck."

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-24-2008, 10:15 PM

Rhia stared disbelievingly at his cards, and then back at hers. Her bottom jaw opened slightly, mouthing an invisible what??

Slowly but surely, the truth dawned on her. She had lost. Had lose the bet, had lost the match, had lost. Seeing as Andrew was starting to get up, she quickly stuttered.

"W-wait," she stammered. "T-that's n-not right."

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 AM

Andrew cocked his head to the side. "Not right? How not right?" The girl seemed sweet, if a bit young for his tastes. She barely seemed old enough to gamble, but he would never ask a lady her age.

He pushed his glasses up his nose, waiting for her explanation. He didn't really need the money; it wouldn't solve his current problem. But at the same time, he had a vicious competitive streak.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-27-2008, 10:52 PM

Rhia blushed furiously.

"W-well, it's just t-that, that . . ." she trailed off. She really didn't have a good explanation. All she knew was that she wanted out, and she wanted out now.

Speechless, all she could do was gawk at the cards, hoping the solution would fall from heaven.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-28-2008, 06:02 PM

Andrew looked at her red face. He was a sucker for cute girls. "How about one more round. You win, you get it all back. I win..." He thought for a moment, and saw the solution to one of his life's problems. "This Christmas, you come home with me to meet my parents; prove to them that I'm not gay."

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-29-2008, 01:33 PM

Rhia stared at him disbelievingly. His last sentence almost broke up the tense situation.

"G-gay??" she managed to choke out. "T-that's pretty funny actually."

Shaking herself mentally, she told herself to get a grip. She was getting another chance.

"Okay," she said, dealing out the cards. "Another chance."

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-29-2008, 03:49 PM

"I haven't brought home a girlfriend in over three years. I'm too busy with work." He shook his head, honestly as amused with the situation as she was. Then he looked at his cards.

Ace of Clubs. Two of Diamonds. Seven of Clubs. Seven of Diamonds. Seven of Spades.

Honestly, not a bad hand. He raised an eyebrow at Rhia.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-01-2008, 12:00 AM

The simple gesture sent a shiver down Rhia's spine. Refusing to give in, she snatched up her cards.

Three, Four, Six, Seven, Ace

Rhia looked despairingly. What was she to do with these cards?? Slowly, she put down the Ace and Seven.

"Hit me," she said.

Andrew dealt her two more cards. Rhia took in a deep breath. This could be her life, and she was gambling it all on chance. She took the first of the two and snuck a peek at it. It was a two.

Not that bad, she thought. Not if only . .

She looked at the second card, her heart racing fast. It was a five, yes. Rhia did an internal somersault and faced Andrew again, certain that Lady Luck had just blessed her this night.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-04-2008, 03:23 PM

Andrew grinned, throwing back the ace and deuce, and drawing. Nine of Spades. Nice of Hearts. Full house, and he was glad to see it. He revealed his hand with a small smile. Either way, he won. He didn't really need the money, after all.

"Full House. You?"

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-04-2008, 10:50 PM

Rhia groaned. Lady Luck apparently despised her.

"Straight?" she said meekly, sinking further and further down into her seat.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-05-2008, 03:22 PM

Andrew chuckled. "Straight. Well, I think I've won, then." He smiled at her, glad he'd thought of a way to survive his parents' questioning this year during the holidays.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 11:41 PM

Rhia groaned louder, then slumped back onto her seat and crossed her arms. She stared at him, trying to burn him with her glare.

"Sooo," she said after a while, waiting for him to take the initiative.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-07-2008, 03:59 PM

"So, Christmas Eve, would you come to my parents' house with me? Pretend you're my girlfriend?" He felt a bit bad about taking the money, but respected her pride enough not to just give it to her.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-07-2008, 09:43 PM

She did a mental check in her head. Christmas Eve, that was the 24th. Today was the 22nd, so that meant that she only had two days!! Rhia groaned again and slowly nodded her head.

"Sure," she said as she began to rise from the table. "Now if you'll excuse me, I think my pride has been damaged enough today."