Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2016, 01:18 AM

Shane went to bed early, always a early riser especially when the days events and fun left him tired. Surprisingly, it ended up an amazing day despite the awkward moment in the middle. He felt proud of himself and a true friend. Before his morning run the next, he compiled the messages he got over the previous day and night into an email, feeling very proud of himself. The information spanned seven different guys, the one he liked most at the top. Even as a straight guy, he had to say Ciel looked cute and he really did think Shane would appreciate the slightly gratuitous sexy-cute type photo he included, courtesy of the guy's sister. Really, the email couldn't have been better and that warm, proud feeling continued all the way through his run. What he read looked perfect, but in the end, he didn't really know the difference between gay and maybe too gay. That flirtatious wink Ciel gave the camera meant nothing at all to him. He had found the perfect list of guys and that was all he needed to know.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-25-2016, 03:05 AM

A few days passed by in a mostly regular way. Shane went to school and came home, pushing through his studies with a determined pace, as usual. The only difference was this hovering anxiety for the date that Friday night. He hated the nervousness that accompanied a first date, especially one that was essentially a blind date, even if he kinda knew the guy. However, he couldn't back out now, knowing that, as much as he didn't want to, he needed to. He really did need to move past his crush on Quinn and this was the only way he could think to do this, even if his skin still tingled weirdly at the thought that Quinn was essentially sending him on these dates. It was some sort of irony that he didn't really want to appreciate.

That Friday found him getting ready, which of course resulted in a nosy Quinn in and out of his room, well so much for not making a big deal out of the dates. He brushed his roommate off at the door, promising himself no matter what he wouldn't share the details of the date with the other, just to make his roommate sweat.

And well, the date was okay, the guy was nice, attentive in a way that Shane liked, but not overly so. But the chemistry just wasn't there, his was attractive, Shane guessed, but his heart didn't race and he certainly didn't care whether the date ended with a goodnight kiss or not. He just couldn't pull up enough attention to care, beyond polite necessities. It wasn't bad, but, it wasn't really good either. They chatted amicably through the evening, but left at the end of the night to their own cars, with no goodnight kiss and no promise for a second date.

And the next couple dates, well they weren't much different. They weren't bad, but there was no spark and Shane had no desire for a second date. The second one started with a little more potential but as the night wore on, conversation had warn thin and they'd subsided to everyday pleasantries and not touching anything deeper. The third, well conversation never really got any deeper than the service level, the other guy seeming to nervous to even enter a real conversation.

He went home that night and leveled a flat look at his roommate, "I'm beginning to question your ability to set up dates. Maybe it's a straight think, but all these guys have been so boring." He sighed and plopped onto the couch next to Quinn, "This is exhausting, and it's getting me nowhere," he moaned.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2016, 03:31 PM

Quinn never doubted his abilities, especially when he caught Shane getting ready for a date. He must have thought he was being discrete, but Quinn knew in a second. The other guys never spent that long in his closet otherwise even if he managed to look well dressed every day. It was wonder he thought he could avoid a conversation at all. Still, Quinn let Shane be after a couple of dates. It was only after a little over a week when Quinn laid on the couch watching a nature documentary that Shane dropped down next to him, ready to talk about it.

"Huh?" The half-stupid response broke the silence of a snowy, starlight mountain top and the hidden den of a leopard. Quinn turned, leveling his friend and roommate with a look. "What? Seriously? Um...sorry?" he managed, still baffled at his apparent failure. "Who all did you go out with? Did you try the guy at the top of the list because I swear they all looked pretty interesting to me and my contacts swore..." Well, that didn't account for much in the end, but his pride felt wounded now. He thought he did really well.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-26-2016, 01:05 AM

Shane huffed, "Eh there's nothing wrong, I mean. We just have no chemistry. You know that it sometimes feels like you could have more chemistry with a brick wall when you go out on a date?" he asked, "It's like that. There was just nothing exciting, and well this last guy was just a mess of nerves, which made finding out if we even had chemistry impossible."

He stretched across the sections of the couch that Quinn wasn't on as he said this. He sighed, "I don't know about the first guy, I guess he's cute but he seems like a bit of a handful from his Facebook. Though, I guess that could mean he's more interesting, but I don't know. I don't know if I want to go through another awkward date though. Like they suck worse than the crush, I swear." He was whining at this point, but he didn't really care. It was all Quinn's fault anyway, all of it; he could deal with the whining.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-26-2016, 04:51 PM

Quinn pouted back, twisting so he could face Shane better, ending up curled on the couch. "Come on, keep trying though. I'm sure sure out of all those guys, there's someone worth getting over that useless crush of yours," he insisted with a smile. Though he didn't say it out loud, he wanted Shane to be happy so taking on this mission was important for both of them. It was in Quinn's nature to just try to help everyone. "At least one more for me? So I don't feel like an utter failure at this. You never know, what you're looking for may not be at all what you think you are. But hey, I don't really know anything. But sometimes the world tells us things and we're not paying attention. So listen, kay?" It was odd advice for dating maybe, but it felt entirely right to him.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-27-2016, 12:42 AM

Shane fought back the urge to give his roommate a dirty look, instead shooting him a slightly skeptical look, wondering if he'd one day let Shane in on the irony of the situation, many, many years down the road. He sighed, "Fine, but only one more date, after that I'm giving up on this whole affair. I'd rather just suffer in silence and focus on my studies anyway. It's you're fault I'm even trying to do this in the first place." He griped, knowing Quinn would miss the double meaning.

Last edited by Wings of Writing; 07-27-2016 at 12:59 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-27-2016, 12:55 AM

Quinn shrugged one shoulder. "I know, and thanks. Even though this isn't my problem, it still makes me feel better to know you'll try," he said before swinging his legs back to the floor and facing the tv. "Now, are you ready to watch a pair of snow leopard cubs emerge for the first time from their den? Spring is coming, ya know and I wouldn't miss this for the world." He pointed to the tv just as a little black nose pushed out of the snow, ready for its first spring.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-28-2016, 09:02 PM

"Whatever, you get to treat me to ice cream or something if it ends up being worse than the previous dates," he grumbled before letting the topic drop. He settled into to watch whatever random show Quinn was watching, not particularly interested, but also not feeling the need to move. He'd probably go study in a bit but for now he just wanted to relax, and hanging out next to Quinn seemed the best way to do that.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-29-2016, 12:37 AM

"Deal," Quinn hummed before they fell into silence for the length of the show. They hung out for a little after that, but Quinn ended up retiring earlier than usual so he could go for a run before his shift at the convenience store the next day. He wished Shane luck with another date and that was that. He went to sleep not the least bit wiser as to why Shane needed to get over a crush. He was gone the next morning before his roommate even woke, leaving an extra helping of oatmeal full of sugar, berries, and cinnamon in the fridge, just in case.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-30-2016, 02:49 AM

Shane procrastinated on actually setting up the next date, despite having agreed to it. He just didn't want to deal with the awkwardness again. But he knew that he couldn't put it off forever, sooner or later Quinn would pester him if he didn't at least try. So with a healthy dose of trepidation, he set up a date with the first guy on the list Quinn had sent him. Already in the mindset the date would go horrible. They decided to go out the following Saturday for a late dinner to hopefully miss the pre-clubbing rush and have a somewhat quiet dinner.

This lead to the next Saturday, Shane once again getting ready for a date, knowing he'd really rather spend the night hanging out around the apartment. He sighed as he got ready, trying to push the dread down so he'd at least give the date a chance to not be horrible. But by the time he'd arrived at the restaurant, he still hadn't managed to fully shake of the uncertainty. He did managed to give Ciel, the guy, a polite and somewhat warm greeting though, smiling at him in a charming manner.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-30-2016, 03:16 AM

Ciel reached the restaurant first and stood by the front desk, one hip against the wall, the other out to the side as he fiddle with his sparkly blue phone. A gold crown shaped charm hung from it, swinging as he greeted his date. "Hey, boo. You look cuter than in your facebook picture. Come on, I'll get us a table," he called, full lips just slightly pursed in a cute smile. He didn't hesitate to grab Shane's hand and pull him along as long legs clad in skinny designer jeans strode up to talk to the lady at the desk, who gathered two menus a second later. He cut a striking figure at almost six foot tall, skinny, and completely and unmistakably gay from the faint blue eyeliner to his dark plum colored boots and the luscious flow of his brown hair around his face. He wore his gayness so any person could see ten miles away and then some.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 07-27-2017 at 06:14 PM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-31-2016, 08:16 PM

Shane fought to keep the smile on his face as he followed Ciel to the table, though he groaned internally. He was not into guys like Ciel at all. There was nothing wrong with someone who was super effeminate, but it just didn't interest him. And he really wasn't into twinks either, which Ciel was giving off major twink vibes. He sighed, so much for a good date Quinn. Though at the thought of Quinn he forced himself remain somewhat positive. Maybe the other would surprise him, besides at least he was attractive in a sort of way, not as attractive as Quinn, but well Shane couldn't have everything. He nodded at Ciel as he sat down, "So are you still a student as well?" he asked, attempting to break the ice.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-31-2016, 09:07 PM

Ciel smiled as he propped his chin up on the back of his hand. Despite the image he gave off, he was surprisingly astute. It seemed he turned his date off, but that didn't mean he had any intention of toning it down. To a man like Ciel, being himself meant everything. "Oh yes," he hummed. "I'm in the theater department. Ah, but alas, I'm no actor!" He groaned with melodrama, hitting a wrong note and proving his lack of worth for the visible sides of theater. "I'm on the production side of things, mostly dealing with lighting and sound now, but I'm considering getting into pyro technicians. You?" he asked, indicating Shane with a finger. "I'm guessing something a little more proper?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-31-2016, 09:26 PM

Shane bit back another grimace at the overdramatic movements, not really every one to draw undue attention to himself, even if he was confident. He'd much rather just go through his life without being noticed. And well people like Ciel got noticed. Though it wasn't like Quinn wasn't one to get noticed either, but it was different even if Shane couldn't figure out exactly why. "Yeah, I guess you could say practice, even if being in school for forever is really considered practical. I'm a chemical engineering major working towards multiple degrees. Though it is the type of degree that can be used for pyrotechnics, though that's a little bit too out there for me. I'll probably end up somewhere in the gas and oil industry."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-31-2016, 09:53 PM

Ciel kept his astute gaze on Shane, reading all the little things he saw and forming ideas in his head. It was just puzzle pieces at this point, but he wanted to see what picture they would click together into. "Chemical engineering? Yaas, you go, hun! Practical isn't bad at all. You must think I'm ridiculous next to that," he hummed, pushing his bangs back out of his eyes, though they flopped back down seconds later. He chuckled at himself a second later. "Ah, I'm making terrible date conversation! But you're actually fascinating me a lot. I hope I'm not turning you off too much."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-31-2016, 11:29 PM

Shane shook his head, "Ah no it's fine," Shane said, though he wasn't really sure if it was. There were certainly some positives to Ciel. Like his ability to make conversation, but it wasn't exactly right either. "I'm really not the dating sort. Especially blind dates, but well my roommate, Quinn, he was kinda insistent." He shrugged, "Though blind dates from a straight guy aren't always the best. I've been on some really horrible dates cuz of him." He answered honestly, though what he said didn't directly touch on this date. Something of it was implied.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-01-2016, 12:49 AM

Ciel sat back in his seat a little, letting his hand fall to rest on the table. And now those puzzle pieces were starting to form a picture. How interesting. "Hm, well that really puts a damper on this whole date thing. Your roommate, you say?" He leaned forward again, head tilted as he thought. Of course, his face didn't really show anything deep despite the way his mind whirled. It was something about his demeanor that always tricked people into thinking he was purely vapid. "I suppose you must be fond of this 'Quinn' if you're going on dates for his sake. But those straight guys really have no idea sometimes even if they look just as juicy." He pursed his lips in another cute smile, having fun with the conversation. "At least he had the sense to set you up with moi. But now I want to hear about these other horrid dates."

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 07-27-2017 at 06:18 PM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-01-2016, 01:26 AM

Shane shied around the direct question about Quinn, not really wanting to discuss that with a strange, much less a stranger that was supposed to be a date. Even if he was already certain that there would be a second date. It still didn't seem like appropriate date material. He instead focused on the question about the other dates, "I guess they were mostly boring. Or with people who didn't know how to hold a conversation. Nor really even remotely my type." He chuckled, "I think Quinn may have just sent me a list of every gay guy he knew. It's something he would do."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-01-2016, 01:37 AM

Ciel let out a free sounding laugh, like pure joy could be plucked out of it. "Well isn't that always the problem. Half the people who ask me out on a date don't even know what to do with me. Like I am way too much to handle or something. Oh, you can read it on their face. Don't think I didn't see it on yours too," he huffed, but with an easy energy, the laugh still radiating in his voice. Ciel was having fun. "But chemistry is so hard to get sometimes I don't think it's even worth searching. Your roommate probably had the right idea. Might as well start at the top of the list of everyone out there and just go down until you find something interesting because it's a giant gamble either way." After a pause, he asked another question as if on a whim, but yet so perfectly calculated. "Is Quinn cute?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-01-2016, 03:01 AM

Shane shifted awkwardly that Ciel had seen his discomfiture with him, "Ah, I'm sorry about that. I usually don't go out with guys quite as flamboyant. I guess, I tend toward more masculine type guys. I don't know. It was a surprise" He shifted slightly for a few seconds filling awkward, before letting the other proffered topics take his focus. "I don't know if I agree with that statement. But I really did mean I don't date much. I've been focusing on my school for so long that dating just hasn't seemed worth the effort."

He paused slightly at the question about Quinn, again not really wanting to answer it, but beginning to get the idea that Ciel would persist even if he kept avoiding the topic. "Yeah," he sighed, pulling out his phone and opening up a selfie of him and Quinn at some movie premiere, they both had dorky looks on their faces, but it gave a good idea of what Quinn looked like.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-01-2016, 03:11 AM

Ciel just waved the awkwardness off like it didn't exist. "Oh, don't worry. I'm used to it. Actually, I like to watch the look on other people's faces. It's addicting," he grinned. "Believe it or not, you're taking it better than most, especially if you tend toward masculine guys. Don't blame ya." He shrugged, winking at Shane in the same movement to show he agreed. Though if any guy happened to have long toned legs, then he was game.

He didn't expect an answer back about Quinn, though he had a way of demanding answers. Or rather, he expected a dodge, a lie that would answer Ciel's suspicions just as strongly. Instead, the answer he got knocked him back for a second, leaving his face blank. "Yeah?" A second later, he leaned forward again to look at Shane's phone. The picture he saw left him whistling. "Oh damn, he is cute! What is he? Native American? Look at that luscious skin tone and those eyes!" Ciel exclaimed, a hand flying to cover his mouth. "And of course he's straight."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-02-2016, 12:59 AM

"You're very odd then," Shane said, not really stopping the thought, "Most people don't like to see others judge them, but I guess it could be entertaining in a way." Shane shrugged, "I mean even if you're not the type I'd date, nothing wrong with still having dinner and conversation. Now if you'd been a terrible conversationist on top, I may have left, but this is a nice conversation."

"Yep very straight with a line of girls waiting to have sex with him and date him. Not that he really dates. He's got some sort of friends with benefits type thing going on with some girl. It's obnoxious," Shane whined, "He actually didn't even realize I was gay until I called someone hot in front of him. So oblivious, but at least accepting." Shane said, feeling a bit like he was rambling, especially given the fondness in his voice.

Last edited by Wings of Writing; 08-03-2016 at 01:23 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-02-2016, 04:16 PM

Ciel huffed, a pouty look on his face as he listened. "Oh gurl, you have it rough then. Don't deny it, you're crushing on him real bad. And you think that obliviousness might help you in the long run, because you can get away with a lot of flirting and eye-fucking, but it is just the worst," he moaned. "No matter what you say and do, he's not going to notice. No matter what, nothing's going to change. What are you doing trying to date when you've got a crush like that?" He sharpened his gaze on Shane once again, just as soul reading as before. Considering he was as obvious in who he was, no one would guess he knew the pain of an unrequited crush, but he did. The only difference was, he wasn't the sort to dwell. Shane though, didn't seem the type to just move on.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-03-2016, 01:37 AM

Shane felt his cheeks flush, Ciel was surprisingly perceptive for all that he seemed to not have a care int he world at first sight; it was almost giving Shane a bit of a sense of whiplash. Though it wasn't really that hard to guess that Shane had a bit of a crush on Quinn. He sighed, no use in beating around the bush if Ciel was already half way there. "Well this whole mess is Quinn's fault on every level," he grumbled. "I was quite content to suffer in silence, but I mentioned I had a crush on a straight friend, and he was determined to help me get over it. He's not the type to let things just drop, so I agreed to save a fight. It's just a little ridiculous though."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-05-2016, 05:33 PM

Ciel dropped his face into his hand. "What is this? A romantic comedy?" he groaned. Shaking his head, he lifted his eyes to meet Shane's gaze again. A part of him just couldn't help but meddle. Maybe he had that gene that never let him let go of matters either, always wanting to offer advice whether people wanted it or not. "Boo boo, I hope you know you're going about this all wrong. There is one, and only one cure for a crush like that!" He jabbed a finger toward Shane as he leaned forward in his seat, voice quieter, but still far too loud for the words he was saying. "Sex." He snapped the word out, clear and bold, before grinning. "What you need right now is a real, no strings, no questions, hot as hell fuck buddy. And if that's what you need, I'm just fine with that."