Soulist
Master of Malpractice
Send a message via AIM to Soulist Send a message via MSN to Soulist Send a message via Yahoo to Soulist

Old 02-29-2008, 04:50 PM

It was cold and dark, but that hadn't perterbed him. As a knight he'd led his share of crusades, and still wore the flag over his shoulder; the white cloth that had a red cross stained into the material. It had been years for him, although only a few days had passed, since he came to this land. His name was L'Ciel, and England was where he'd come from.

He'd lived in England and taken up the call,when a priest leading a second band had strode through the kingdom. There he'd seen as his king watched the man cry daily for support with the holy wars and the knight had stood by his side. So far away was this land that he'd come to... Not long before he'd arrived did the king decide to meet with the man who cried for support. The king then decided to arrange a meeting with the man. L'Ciel the Champion as he'd been known had made a rash decision. If his king was so determined to claim the holy land, or at least to help in obtaining it, He himself would go into battle.

Now at the time, L'Ciel had a reputation to uphold and he laid it on the line that day. When in battle, L'Ciel had a way of turning things around and winning wars. In battles then, he'd been matchless. So the king agreed and told L'Ciel to keep whatever treasures he won for his own and to come back worth more as a man than even the king was worth. He agreed and set off, but only to find that the priest had sent the rest ahead of him, to Antioch.

There in the wood, hearts changed and futures were severed. Not far from L'Ciels' home, the priest smiled and drew a knife, plunging it deep intot he knights' chest. From his horse he fell, and when he woke, he was in a world that had no Holy land, and no Antioch for him to seek out.

He woke in a world that was plagued by darkness, or so it seemed from where he had been roused. There on the ground, the sky beckoned him and he rose to find his body unscathed, though his horse lie in pieces at his feet. Turning quickly, L'Ciel drew his sword from his hip and held it aloft, his eyes trying to pierce the dark around him, though his head still reeled from the changes around him. He knew only that he was far from home, and that he was not going to see anything framiliar any time soon.

No monsters approached from the trees, or from the sky, not even a gleaming eye peered at him as sooner or later, feeling foolish, he sheathed his sword and turned to gather his bags from the horses body, leaving the corpse in a heap, he turned and started in the direction he was sure would lead him to Antioch.

That had all transpired several days ago, before L'Ciel had found himself on the ramparts of a new place, in the middle of a war he'd never been aware of.

Monsters spewn from the center of the earth rose and attacked villages and cities, while the humans tried their best to repel their attacks... War was hell, and L'Ciel found himself one man among many.

Arriving upon the walls of the village he was inspected, then released into the town, now a moneyless man, holding onto his sword and armor. His oathes forgone, L'Ciel was no longer the Champion, only the man who Lived, yet had Died. There in the streets, he found himself watching as knights and soldiers rode out to meet the monsters and demons in the fields beyond the heavy castle walls, no uniform in them, only a mottled mess of colors and emblems. This was no army of any one country, but a group of refugees protecting others.

L'Ciel found himself sleeping on and off, scavenging for food, there in the streets and alleys. No one had approached the quiet stranger with the sour tongue who'd entered the villiage.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Sanoko Send a message via MSN to Sanoko Send a message via Yahoo to Sanoko

Old 02-29-2008, 09:42 PM

It was something she did not like, she hated the war she wished it would end. She was of those demons that where attacking the people, but no one knew this. She was one of few who hid themselves as a human. She had lived there long enough so no one suspected her as such. She was thankful for that, but worried of what might happen if anyone was to find out. Her name was Sanoko and she lived alone, her parents already gone.

She had a job, but it didn't pay much just enough to get what she needed. She had sapphire eyes and long red hair that went a few inches past her butt. She had just gotten off from her job and she had been payed today. She just walked down the street pondering what she should do to keep from thinking about the war. She hoped none of the monsters or demons came in and attacked the people there because then she would be found out cause she was sure she would need to use her powers against them.

She just sighed and continued walking. She closed her eyes for a few seconds and when she opened them she saw or thought she saw someone, a man, who seemed to be homeless. She walked past him not even thinking about it. She thought that she might have seen him before, but wasn't sure. She stopped once it was registered in her mind. She walked back to the person and looked at them. "Hey..." she said still looking at them. "Are you ok?"

She wanted to help because she was once in a situation like this. No home and had to look for her food usually stealing it. It was the worst time of her life. Though someone finally hired her even though she had come off the street. So she was glad of that because now she had a place to stay and didn't have to steal anything anymore.

Soulist
Master of Malpractice
Send a message via AIM to Soulist Send a message via MSN to Soulist Send a message via Yahoo to Soulist

Old 03-02-2008, 03:31 AM

L'Ciels eyes snapped wide and his body fell to one side. There on his back, he felt as though his legs would never carry him away if she were to shoo him from this spot as some others had tried to do.

For the most part, L'Ciel had been compliant, to simply fast as long as he had to before he could think of what he could do for food and sustenence. He had talked to many of the people here and none of them seemed to have any idea where the city of Antioch might be or how he would arrive in this place, where monsters ruled.

So long to the man who'd tried to plunge the knife within him, that priest who'd for some reason.... No... L'Ciel wondered, staring up at the woman if the priest might not have done the same to others, people like him and sent them to this place, far far away from the holy battles taking place.

He staggered to his feet, and gripped her shoulders, his mouth open, trying to form something more and then he fell before her, to his knees, then a hand hit the ground, the other still gently grasping at her clothes feebly, "So far away," he whispered, and shook his head once, trying to stand again before falling once more.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Sanoko Send a message via MSN to Sanoko Send a message via Yahoo to Sanoko

Old 03-02-2008, 03:55 AM

Sanoko looked at him as he stood up and gripped her shoulders. She felt like moving and just leaving him there unsure of what he might do since he still hadn't answered her question. Though when he fell to his knees and still gripped her clothes she bent down. "What's so far away?" she asked unsure of what he was talking about.

She helped him to his feet while she waited on him to answer. She was going to take him back to her place so he could get something to eat. It seemed to be what he needed. She could leave him to starve to death. When they reached her place she opened the door and helped him.

She helped him over to the nearest sitting object and sat him down. She went and quickly made something for him. It was something with everything he needed to have energy. She gave it to him and then sat down herself.

Soulist
Master of Malpractice

Old 03-02-2008, 05:13 AM

L'Ciel ate desperately, thanking her in a small voice, not sure what to say just yet, he looked up and caught her eyes in his and watched her for a while.

"Is this place hell?" he asked, his eyes riveted on hers, not willing to look away, he wondered softly if he would ever escape this place. "Where am I?" he whispered aloud, his fingertips brushing through his hair, dirty and slicked with the oil from days past.

"I... I'm not from here," he told her. "I came from a land where we didn't have monsters like these," he said, waving a hand to the window, and looked back to her. "Maybe... But I'd never seen any... this place... I just don't... Thankyou, for the food," he said, breaking eye contact and looking away meekly. "I'm sorry to trouble you."

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-02-2008, 06:08 PM

Sanoko stared at him when he asked was this Hell. She shook her slightly. "No it is not. This place is Gendivore." When he said he wasn't from here she nodded slightly. "Yes I can tell."

"It's no problem, would you like some more? You seem very hungry and you do need to get full." she said with a small soft smile. "You're no trouble at all. I wanted to help and if you want to get cleaned up it's straight down the hall." she said pointing to the somewhat long hall with a door at the end of it.

She got up to go get him some more food. She didn't say anything about the monsters he mentioned because she might sound a little offensive. She didn't want to be called a monster. "Oh, what's your name? I'm Sanoko."

Soulist
Master of Malpractice

Old 03-04-2008, 06:46 PM

(I am sorry I took so long getting back to you, Everytime I finish typing, Menewsha logs me out and I lose the post, so I get frustrated.)

"L'Ciel, The... I am called L'Ciel," He told her with a soft smile as he made for the room she'd indicated."Thankyou, I am glad you helped me so much already..." he said to her and moved into the room, stripping off his mail and shirt before asking more.

"What coin is it that goes for currency here?" he asked her, looking at her in the mirror as he took up a small cloth and scrubbed at his body gently at first, then getting impatient, more furiously. "I've seen it a few times here, but never before arriving here." he frowned and dug a purse out of his belt and set it on the sink. "I have similar currency, but I don't think the people here will accept this currency," he said, frowning at her. "So I can't offer you any money for helping me." he explained. Moving back into the room, he knelt behind her and bowed his head. "I have nothing here, what can I do to help you?" he asked.

He looked up and waited for her to turn from what she'd been doing. "I want to do well here until I can find a way to return to my home, or at least move on to the Holy Lands from here. Please, Lady Sanoko, will you let me serve you?"

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-06-2008, 04:42 PM

(( It's ok. I get easily frustrated at things like that as well. ))

Sanoko pulled out a coin to show him what their currency was when he got back in there. She continued to cook a little more food for him. She listened to everything he said while in the back getting cleaned up. "You don't have to pay me for feeding you and things of the sort. I wanted to help because I was once living in the streets." she said.

She heard him come back in the room and she had just finished cooking him some more food. She looked down at him. "Serve me?" she asked. "Well if you feel you must do something to repay me then alright you can serve me and you can stay here as long as you need to." She then handed him the plate of food. "Here, here is some more food for you if you want it." She didn't know why someone would want to serve her just for giving them and letting them get washed up no matter what they were. Though if he absolutely wanted to serve her, he could.

Soulist
Master of Malpractice

Old 03-06-2008, 05:05 PM

L'Ciel smiled warmly at her and frowned at the coin before turning his attention back to her face. "Then at least let me pay you back when I can... I'll find a way... what... Who rules here? A king?" he asked, sitting on the floor looking up at her and taking the bowl into his hands and frowning. "Maybe he'll let me enlist into their army, maybe I can help....

Sanoko, what do you think? Would that be possible?" He looked up at her and then back to the room where his sword sat and glistened. "I used to be a knight, where I'm from, but I don't think it'll have any real merit here..." he was thinking to himself when a knock came at the door.

"Sanoko!" a voice cried, and more pounding followed. "Where is the man who was outside yesterday? He's a criminal and we need to find him! Sanoko!" the voice repeated and L'Ciel paled and glanced at the door, then to her.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-06-2008, 06:20 PM

"You don't have to pay me back. I was once homeless and wished tha someone would take me in." Sanoko said with a small nod. "Yes a king does rule here, but I'm not sure if he would let you enlist so easily." She really didn't know if the king was going to let him enlist, not if he knew he had been living on the street while here. She shrugged slightly not knowing if being a knight would help him.

She looked at the door when there was a knock at the door. She looked back to him when they said he was a criminal. "You were stealing food right?" she asked, she didn't care if he did or not because he had to to live. "Don't worry about it I'll handle it." She then walked to the door and opened it slightly. "I haven't seen anyone outside yesterday or today and he isn't here. I'm sure he isn't a dangrouse criminal either so could you please leave here?" She was of course lying but she wasn't going to let them take him away for something he had to do. She braced herself agaisnt the door to try and keep them from coming in.

Soulist
Master of Malpractice

Old 03-07-2008, 06:52 PM

The man on the other side of the door made a face at her and then shook his head. "Men have been found dead in alleyways where the man has been, and women too!" The man stepped back from the door and turned. "Whatever ye do, don't go near him," he said, pulling the door shut himself and turning to go, leaving with a few others, moving down the street. L'Ciel moved to her when they had gone and tugged his shirt and mail on, shaking his head. "I haven't killed anyone," he told her. "I've only waited for a chance to do something." he explained, looking at her imploringly. "You believe me, right?"

His hands trembled, and he shook his head. "I'll find whatever is doing this, even if I have to do it in the night and I'll put an end to this." he promised aloud, his fingers tight on the rims of her bowl. "Sanoko, do you know what would have done that?" he asked her, taking the bowl and loosing his fingers from it and setting it in a basin of water down the hall.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-07-2008, 07:14 PM

Sanoko watched the man walk away. She turned back to L'Ciel. When asked if she belived him she nodded. "Maybe the monsters are doing it." she said. She figured that one had gotten in and was now killing people, it was very possiable. She looked at him. "I'll help you catch it." she said. She would like to find it and stop it from doing such things. She also wanted to do something other than just going to work and then coming home. "Yes it is most likely one of the monsters. It could have gotten in."

Soulist
Master of Malpractice

Old 03-10-2008, 04:25 PM

He stood and clasped her hand tight in his two larger ones and smiled brightly. "Let's take care of it together, alright Sanoko?" he asked, his head cocked to the side. He'd hunted down criminals on his home turf before, and it was different to have to do it now, but maybe with Sanokos' help he'd have an advantage. Strange things occured here, but it was just the same in other ways. It wasn't unnatural to feel alienated by a new place, just as it was sure to reject newcomers at first.

He frowned and looked out the window. "I suppose we'll have to be careful, huh?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-18-2008, 05:45 PM

Sanoko smiled slightly and nodded. "Alright." She had never hunted down anyone or anything before, but she was willing to try. Also if someone or something was killing people she didn't want to be next so that was a reason to help in catching the monster or person. It would also give her something else to do. Something that might be fun even if it was dangerous. She nodded. "Yes we will have to be careful." Yes they really would have to be careful of whatever was killing people and of the people who was looking for him. She told them she hadn't seen him and that he wasn't in her house so if she was caught with him she would be in trouble too.

Soulist
Master of Malpractice

Old 03-20-2008, 03:31 PM

"Tell me, do you know how to swing a sword?" he asked, his eyes on her again, he sat back down quietly. "You let me stay here, but I know so little about you," he said, his face turning to a slight frown. He sighed and looked back up. "Will you tell me who you were before I arrived if I tell you who I was?"

"It's not altogether interesting, but I'm good at storytelling, if you like." He watched her move about the house, and folded his hands together. He had a few rings and they clinked together when he did so. He wondered what it must be like here, if there was something he might have missed.