Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-29-2015, 05:28 AM

"I will take the books with me." Arthur agreed with that. He could read through them while he was searching for a new job. He tensed when Alistair put an arm around his shoulder and leaned away from him, not liking the look in his eyes. "No thanks. We should be going." he told him, moving away. He really didn't want to know what his brother had in mind. Something to humiliate him, surely.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-29-2015, 06:05 AM

Francis raised one eyebrow at the brothers. He could see the uncomfortable look on Arthur's face, so he decided to somewhat come to his aid. "Ah yes...it's be nice, but it's about time we go. It was, er, nice to meet you." He smiled at Alistair, trying to convey that as truth.

Alistair rolled his eyes, but let Arthur go with a wave of his hand. "Fine fine, I'll let you go this time. But before you go, can I talk to Francis alone for a second?" he said, calling Francis by his name for the first time. Which probably didn't bode well.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-29-2015, 06:11 AM

Arthur stared at Alistair for a moment. He knew that his brother could physically force him from the room if he really wanted to. So there was no point fighting him about this. He sighed. "Alright.. I'll go get those books while you two talk." he told them, leaving the room. He headed down to the basement and quickly grabbed the books, wanting to stay nearby to intervene if necessary.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-29-2015, 10:19 PM

Francis eyed Alistair warily, not sure he wanted to be left alone with him. "What did you want to say?"

Alistair stepped closer, just enough to be intimidating without doing anything threatening. "Arthur agreed not to break the spell right?" He knew it well enough because he knew his brother. Watching at dinner, Arthur's choice had been obvious. Francis just nodded once in silence. "I figured as much. Since you're sticking around, I'm going to tell you one thing. Don't fuck up." With that, he walked off to make sure Arthur got the books, leaving Francis alone in the kitchen.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-30-2015, 01:47 AM

Arthur ran into Alistair on his way back to the kitchen, books in hand. He eyed his brother wearily. Just from looking at him, he could tell there hadn't been a fight. But there was no clues about what was said. He stepped past the other and into the kitchen, looking at Francis. "You ready to go?" he asked.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-30-2015, 05:55 PM

Francis blinked then shook his head. He smiled at Arthur a second later, like nothing happened. One second to recover and he could easily smile because he understood Alistair and he had no intention of fucking up. "Yes, let's go. He headed for the door with one last glance at Alistair. The older brother watched him go before grabbed Arthur up in a quick hug.

"Don't be such a stranger you damn little brat. Come visit me again!" He gave Arthur a noogie before releasing him again.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-30-2015, 06:03 PM

Arthur immediately tried to push Alistair away when his brother pulled him into the hug. But he couldn't really stop it or the noogie that followed. "Why do I have to come to you? Why can you never come to me?" he asked, taking a few steps back so the other couldn't grab him again. This was one reason he barely saw his brothers. He always had to go to them but none of them could be bothered to come to him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-30-2015, 08:45 PM

"Because you're the little brother," Alistair said as if that simple fact explained everything. "It's not like you invite me over either." Neither of them did so all that often so of course they drifted apart. He eyed Arthur with his hands on his hips. "Are you saying you want me and your other brothers to invade your home?"

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-30-2015, 08:51 PM

"W-What! No I don't want you guys to invade my home!" Arthur exclaimed, stuttering slightly out of shock from that. He most definitely didn't want them to just barge into his house. He had it just the way he liked it, thank you very much. But it would be nice to see them more often. You know, as long as they didn't start fighting. "We're leaving." he stated, grabbing Francis's wrist and pulling him out of the house.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-30-2015, 11:07 PM

"That's what I thought!" Alistair yelled after them, though he considered still putting this plan into action at some future date. It would be fun.

Francis stumbled after Arthur until they got outside and he stopped to breath in some of the fresh air, feeling very much like he needed it. "My god, is your brother always like that?" he asked.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 07-01-2015, 04:09 AM

Arthur took a deep breath once they were outside as well. "Unfortunately, yes. I have three brothers and they are all like that." he said. He was the only normal one in their family. Apart from their parents.. Maybe. "Might as well hit the road. It's going to be a long drive back." He headed to his car and got in the driver's side.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-01-2015, 06:51 PM

Francis nodded and got into the car as well. "I see. Well...that was a little stressful." But he could see a bit of why Arthur was the way he was. He might have seen himself as different from his brothers, but to Francis, they looked like family to him. They'd been chipped from the same block. He sighed and stared out the window. Did he have something like that waiting for him elsewhere? He knew he shouldn't dwell on that because he already decided to stay, but he couldn't stop himself from wondering. At least the trip back went by faster than the way there with a day's stress behind them.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 07-01-2015, 07:07 PM

"It's always stressful around my brothers." Arthur stated. He focused on driving home, getting back relatively quickly. He was glad this mess had been sorted. Though he still wasn't completely sure why he had decided to let Francis stay. A part of his mind told him it was the wrong choice, that the Frenchman would be better off without him. He shoved that part away. It was always like that whenever he started seeing someone new. Though those relationships never worked out. Maybe he should listen to it... No, he didn't want to. He didn't want to be alone. That's why he cast the spell in the first place. With these thoughts still in mind, he pulled up to his house and parked, getting out and heading inside.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-01-2015, 10:56 PM

Francis stared up at the ceiling in the foyer as he finished putting his thoughts in order. "Let's see. You planned to just think about a new job today right?" he asked with a quick glance over at Arthur. "Ah seriously, I think I want to take a nap before I do anymore thinking though. You don't have anything else you need done do you?" It certainly would be nice to just relax after a morning like. There was still so much that needed to sink in.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 07-02-2015, 04:24 AM

"That's right." Arthur said. It was how he intended to spend the day now that he no longer had a job. "You can go ahead and lay down. I'm going to go out and see if I can find any 'Help Wanted' signs around after I put these books in my spell room(read basement)." he added. He headed down to said spell room and set the books on the table before heading out, hoping he'd find something quickly.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-02-2015, 05:25 PM

"Very well," Francis sighed. "You think that strategy will work? Ah nevermind. I'll help you look later I think..." He knew he needed to do something himself, but he wouldn't be able to think straight if he didn't rest some. He still didn't know what direction he should go in with his life now that he'd gotten this far. Sighing, he headed into the bedroom and flopped down. "This is all way too complicated!"

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 07-02-2015, 06:11 PM

Arthur drove around for a few hours, stopping wherever he saw a 'Help Wanted' sign. He filled out a job application for them all, regardless of what the job was. He was sure he'd be able to handle anything. Once he was sure he had stopped everywhere, he headed home, tired from driving all day. Though he didn't normally take one, he really wanted a nap.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-03-2015, 02:45 PM

Francis slept for a little while, just trying to keep his mind clear. It worked well enough and he woke to the sound of the door. Dragging a hand through his tousled hair, he went out to meet Arthur. "Did you have any luck? What sort of places did you find?" Although he planned to do more thinking, hearing what was out there would give him some idea.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 07-03-2015 at 03:29 PM..

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 07-03-2015, 04:39 PM

"A bit of luck yes. Not as much as I'd like or where I would like, but I'll make do. It was mostly cafes and stores. Most office jobs don't post their openings with a help wanted sign. I can most likely find those online." Arthur said. He stifled a yawn, just wanting to go lay down for a while. He'd look online later.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-04-2015, 02:15 AM

"I'd figure it would be easier to find things online," Francis said, but he winced slightly with the thought. He didn't feel a strong love for computers and he didn't need to use one to know it. Just the thought of using the internet made him feel indignant and confused. He must not have been very tech savvy in his previous life. "You look tired. I was about to start dinner if you want to go lay down..."

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 07-04-2015, 06:02 AM

"It mostly is easier. But not every place posts openings online." Arthur said. He was plenty proficient in the use of computers, so he wasn't worried about not being able to find something. "I'll do that. Wake me when it's done." He told him. He gave Francis a small smile as he headed up to his room, laying on the bed and falling straight asleep.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-07-2015, 07:25 PM

Francis nodded back and set about making dinner. He spent the entire time zoned out, but managed to make a decent enough casserole and put it in the oven to bake. Once that was done, he wandered around, not sure what to do with himself. He ended up down in the basement where Arthur had put the books. Skipping all of the ones on spells, he picked up the diary that Arthur brought back and started to read that.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 07-07-2015, 07:37 PM

Arthur awoke some time later to the smell of something cooking. Whatever it was, it smelled delicious. His stomach growled at the scent. He placed his hand over his stomach for a moment to silence the sound before standing and stretching. He left the room and went to the kitchen to see what was cooking. Peaking into the oven, he saw the casserole. But Francis wasn't in the room. He set out to find him, finding him down in the basement.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-09-2015, 05:41 PM

Francis had the food on a timer so he felt little worry to lose himself in reading. He couldn't really say what he looked for but this book told him more about his situation than anyone else could. He heard Arthur on the stairs and jumped before he relaxed to see who it was. "I'm sorry, were you looking for me?" he asked without more than a glance away from the diary. He turned his attention right back to reading.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 07-09-2015, 05:50 PM

"Just wondering where you went is all." Arthur said, standing in the doorway for a moment. He watched Francis for a moment before moving over to him. "Find anything interesting?" he asked, looking at the book the other was reading. It was one he himself intended to read later. But he was still curious about the other's opinion on it.