Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 12-31-2014, 08:29 AM

CHIIIIII~

zyne
they/them

Old 12-31-2014, 08:30 AM

nope no thank you i feel guilty enough (ALTHOUGH very thankful haha)

and yeah i have a really bad habit of joining sites simply to join them (i have so many accounts on various virtual pets sites especially) but it's kind of nice coming back later and being like... yea.... im hipster..i was here before it was COOL

i wear a lot of "bizarre" clothing irl already, honestly! i like to experiment with different clothing styles and aesthetics so i'll switch between ultra-goth and some sort of messed up fairy creature. the ears feel a little embarrassing though, i guess since i get some people who... fetishize asians because of anime and stuff and when i wear things more.... anime-related (?? not really, but kind of, i guess) i get some creepy people approaching me x__x

i don't really mind slow forums! actually the whole event is kind of confusing for me (though exciting). mostly im kind of worried since it seems like people already know each other with their friend groups and stuff, although it's been really welcoming so far so! P:

and yea, dystopia!! it's actually my fursona, trax. because i am filthy furry trash.
--
did y'all do anything to celebrate christmas or other various holidays this wintery season? (or are you planning to do anything for new years)? 0:

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 12-31-2014, 08:42 AM

OH POO~

I did that a lot for a while. This is the only one I have come back to so far though...o_o;

I do toooo! I love hats especially weird ones. My boyfriend got me a couple jackets that have like designed hoods so now I have a harley quinn and batman hood. Super fun. I have a bat hat too that is one of the bats that eat your head on castle crashes. Looooove them. I can understand your fear though. I tend to not wear my corsets because I got too tired of the weirdos approaching me randomly. D:

I like the pace here, but I know a lot of the newer folks who join during events are very underimpressed once the normalness re-arises. We tend to be welcoming so don't even worry about that. I found that if you just start talking somewhere they will take in you regardless of whether or not they know you. I butted into so many conversations LOL

Filthy furry trash isn't bad. I've had lots of friends that liked to make anthros and such to be their fursona's. I couldn't get into it, but it didn't seem bad at least.

I didn't do much. I recently had surgery so I am pretty immobile currently. I was driven to my grammas and my boyfriends moms for a bit, but we mostly just hung out on the couch or sat at the dinner table since I couldn't do anything else haha. My plans for new years are pretty much the same except I might be staying home because it is snowing in southern california for some reason?

How about you? Any plans? :]

zyne
they/them

Old 12-31-2014, 08:53 AM

[shakes fist] YEA you better take that poo elsewhere

i've been on and off chickensmoothie since... 2008... it's basically the bane of my existence but i don't think i'll ever be fully free of it's hold.

oh man that sound so good *-* harley quinn is my queen tbh
i love hoodies and jackets and Cool Hoods. i have a fluffy white cape right now with little bear ears and a pink... thing with rabbit ears (although everyone keeps claiming that they're pig ears?) and i happily wear those P: i have several "winged" clothes too (like little pop up wings on the back of a jacket). i'm big on online shopping haha.....,,

YEAH that's pretty much what i'm doing now. just kind of awkwardly commenting in threads that have no idea who i am. so far it's worked out pretty well or at least i haven't been met with any "you cant sit at our lunch table" comments. it's probably better if things don't go too fast anyway since i get lazy with er... talking and social commitment once school starts.

glad to have your seal of non-furry approval. i'm not... really into the whole furry thing as a community, actually. i just... okay i started off this whole internet shabang with roleplaying warrior cats in '06-07 and used to frequent virtual pets sites constantly so i've always been walking a fine line here

oh man that sucks ): what did you get surgery on, if you don't mind me asking?
that's incredible though! the snow thing, not the whole immobile thing. i think we had snow last year but alas alabama does not really capture a lot of that white christmas hooplah

i think we're having a family dinner thing at some buffet? we usually do anyway to celebrate my cousin's birthday and chinese new years. not really looking forward to invasive relative comments but i'm very much anticipating the food haha

--
edit:// holy crap i am so sorry for all the text. i ramble so much

Last edited by zyne; 12-31-2014 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: ooh boy i need to stop typing up Walls of Text

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-31-2014, 08:57 AM

asdf. That is an adorable cute. Can I pay you to make one like it?

zyne
they/them

Old 12-31-2014, 09:00 AM

ahhh thank you !!!
but if i'm being honest i really doubt i could make something like this again ): my usual art quality, i feel, is lower.

i could definitely try but i cant guarantee that it would be something up to par! (although i'd be cool with a lowered payment in that case of course!)

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-31-2014, 09:02 AM

/throws money and stuff at you LOL.

I have no opinion on furries in general. They're like any other people- Some are nice, some are asshats, some are way too creepy. And by way too creepy, I mean raper-van-creepy. 8C

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-31-2014, 09:03 AM

>_>

<_<

Thought I'd wander in and say hi. So... Hi!

zyne
they/them

Old 12-31-2014, 09:06 AM

haha hey!! (: nice to meet you, kind of! (as in kind of meeting not kind of nice) (dang, words)

phhshhh dystopia P: would you want a gif of something? or umm... more specifically what would you want? 0:
and that's so spot on about the furries omfg. also the reason i dont like saying im a furry unless it's in a joking manner... there's some creepy stuff out there and when i say creepy i mean i have browsed the darkest depths of the internet and im still kind of scared of some furry stuff lmao

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 12-31-2014, 09:06 AM

How ruuuuuude. :]

what the what is chickensmoothie. I have not even heard of this. Will I regret looking it up or will I love you for it?

Harley Quinn is my boo. I named my puppy Harley Q cause of her haha. I've always adored her, but I don't know why. She kind of embodies everything I really should dislike as my professional/educational choices in life had lead me to essentially be on the path to counseling psychologist. The cape sounds fantastiiiic! Pig ears, rabbit ears, pft! As long as they're cute its all that matters. I love online shopping. Pretty excited though because my mother just got on board with my weird likes this year and actually got me a few clothing items I would buy myself.

It's okay. I did that for a while and just decided to stalk the people I liked afterwards. They still tolerate me so i assume you will be fine. You've also got the added bonus of drawing well so I think it'll be pretty easy for you to entice people into at least giving you a shot. This idea was brilliant for introductions. I am the same way with social commitments. I am in school right now (mine is online so it doesn't stop for winter breaks T-T) and its been so hard to keep up interest this event because of how many papers I am writing. Its obnooooxious.

Haha. My seal. It's that worth. Yeah, I was going to say I am fine with the whole furry thing, but the community scares me sometimes. ^^; I used to roleplay a lot with those friends so I had my own little characters, but I just never really got too invested in them. However, I do love me some virtual pet sites. I haven't been on one in quite a while, but I break down at least once a year and log into/create new accounts for neopets.

I got surgery on my knee. I guess I tore my meniscus up pretty badly and my ACL had a little tear in it. It's doing much better now, but it is difficult to get around easily without discomfort. I took myself off the pain meds pretty quick since they make me unable to function so its just kind of a constant "bleh".

I've only seen snow in this area once in all the like 20 something years I have lived here. I was actually super confused when I went outside to throw out trash earlier. I could have sworn I somehow transported myself back to living in Iowa or just dreamed about moving back to California.

Food is always something to look forward too! I love it! My relatives like to pester me about religion, but I tend to ignore it at this point. Other than that they pretty much leave me alone. I am sorry yours want to be so invasive ]:

ALSO, you don't have to answer if you don't want. I just noticed that your pronouns are for they/them. Do you identify Androgyne? Or do you just prefer not to reveal gender on the interwebs? This is simply a "my curiousity" thing so if it makes you uncomfortable do not answer I wont take offense :]

---------- Post added 12-31-2014 at 01:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyne View Post
haha hey!! (: nice to meet you, kind of! (as in kind of meeting not kind of nice) (dang, words)

phhshhh dystopia P: would you want a gif of something? or umm... more specifically what would you want? 0:
and that's so spot on about the furries omfg. also the reason i dont like saying im a furry unless it's in a joking manner... there's some creepy stuff out there and when i say creepy i mean i have browsed the darkest depths of the internet and im still kind of scared of some furry stuff lmao
Dat darkest depths stuff is....D:

raper-van-creepy is the best description. Well, nicest.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-31-2014, 09:10 AM

c: I would love a gif. I'd pay handsomely for a gif of two animals- A cat and a firebird.

Ionno. I don't really care what gets people off. I try not to be judgemental. But some people really push the line between "This is my fetish." and "This is my fetish and I'm going to be really in-your-face and creepy about it." 8C.

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 12-31-2014, 09:13 AM

I generally care less what people like. Heck, I am into some things that are considered "weird" so I can't judge. Just yeah. It's mostly the "I rape stray dogs in the back alley" people that worry me.

Furry people demselves have been pretty cool in terms of those I have run into at least.

Run on sentences galore. I am so over writing today. D:

zyne
they/them

Old 12-31-2014, 09:22 AM

[mock shocked gasp!] i have never been rude a day in my life. you take that back

it's.... a virtual pet site where you adopt a ton of pets in the beginning of the month and they grow into different outcomes and you collect them? i guess. you dont have to take care of anything so it's basically collecting pretty things or rare things. it's pretty forum based too although the general community on there is kind of varied like... grown adults vs young kids kind of place.

oh man! i'm actually planning to major in psychology and want to pursue a career as a counselor or teacher! so that's pretty cool 0: got any tips for a wannabe like me?

nice going on the new clothes though! my cousins bought me some stuff this year (we don't really do presents so they're the ones who give me gifts generally). most impressive were donut-print boxers which i'm pretty stoked about.

haha yeah i didn't expect a reaction of people actually talking to me honestly. i kind of feel like im guilting/bribing you guys into replying. usually only other people drawing things at the time seem to want to chat with me so this was surprising! no winter break sounds awful though i'm so sorry. you are so brave for making it through these trying times.

neopets is hell pt. 2 and i feel constantly bad over the fact that my korbat is probably starving there. also inflation killed any happiness on that site and yet i log on every now and then to feed that poor pet and then run off somewhere else for half a year.

oooh ouch >;/ ive heard that tearing the acl hurts like hell. that blows - i hope it heals up and feels better soon though

IM GONNA SKIP TWO RESPONSES BC IM LAZY WHOOPS

i identify as agender! which is, if you didnt know, a lack of gender and no worries! i actually like talking about this kind of stuff since i like spreading information haha. i'm hoping to present more androgynous in the future though, definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
c: I would love a gif. I'd pay handsomely for a gif of two animals- A cat and a firebird.

Ionno. I don't really care what gets people off. I try not to be judgemental. But some people really push the line between "This is my fetish." and "This is my fetish and I'm going to be really in-your-face and creepy about it." 8C.
FIREBIRD haha
i can try to do both! do you have a ref for the cat or bird or both? 0: and do you want them in the same pic/separate and do you have anything in particular that you want them to be doing?

+++
yeah with the whole... okay idk i think im pretty accepting of most kinks. there are some that are just fundamentally cruel and wrong to me. idk what kind of stuff im allowed to say on this site but... yea :v

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-31-2014, 09:25 AM

FIREBIRD.

I don't have a reference for either of them. The firebird doesn't have a set look, but he should be male. The cat should be larger than him. She's black with brown eyes and a thin tail. She's not very fluffy. I'd love to have them together- They're for me and my lover. xD

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-31-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyne View Post

Nice to kind of meet you too. I'm SZP. Welcome to Mene

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 12-31-2014, 09:36 AM

-pouts- No way. Nu uh. D:

That sounds like the dragon cave. I got a little too addicted to that. I must stay away -runs from the light-

That was my complete and total plan when I first started. I actually recommend trying out all the different options within psychology. Essentially just take a varied course load ( clinical, research, forensic, etc. ) and make sure you minor in something as well because a bachelors in psychology gets you no where fast and its good to have something you can use to get a job while you are finishing up. It's super depressing that my B.S. is pretty much an expensive paper at this point. So as long as you are planning on just teaching or at minimum getting a masters you are good to go. Also don't change your major 20 times. That helps too x.x;;;

Nah, not guilting at all. You guilted me when you wouldnt let me pay you, but the talking part...I just like to talk LOL
..but yes. Its very trying >_> Such a hard life I live.

That is pretty much why I log in once a year LOL

Oh neat! Thanks for answering. I will try to be mindful of your preferred pronouns, but if I ever slip just hit me with a bat and I'll catch on. I am not too sure of the difference between agender and being more androgynous as the terms just go together in my brain (I've only met one person who identifies without a gender aside from yourself and they indicated they were androgyne). What is the difference if you dont mind me asking?

ALSO, if you are lazy we can not respond to all the things because I am pretty sure we are both skipping some at this point LOL

zyne
they/them

Old 12-31-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
FIREBIRD.

I don't have a reference for either of them. The firebird doesn't have a set look, but he should be male. The cat should be larger than him. She's black with brown eyes and a thin tail. She's not very fluffy. I'd love to have them together- They're for me and my lover. xD
ahh that's really cute :x
umm here's a lineart ? (i'll be editing it to make it a gif + colouring it and stuff but ! if you want me to edit or change anything this is probably a good time)

---

thanks szp !!! welcome to my crud thread P:

--

oh gosh you're. actually giving me advice. thank you so much, honestly. im not 100% set on what i want to do since i don't want to close myself in but i want to do something where i can help people, i guess. i'd like to go for a phd actually but im not sure if i could handle that financially. x__x

oh thank god because i do nothing but talk

schoolwork is terrible. mostly because i tend to ignore it until the very last minute and then promise myself never to do it again. but it's a lie. it's like new years. i pretend that i'll change but i still haven't done my summer reading and it's half a year later WHOOPS

will do haha! umm gender identity is how you view yourself and then there's gender presentation which is how you present yourself. like... if i were a girl but dressed more masculine i would be a girl gender wise and masculine presenting.
right now i'm agender and my presentation tends to be mostly feminine but i like to switch around when i can!
gender =/= presentation, is what i'm trying to say 0: although a lot of times they can be closely correlated

PFFT im actually reading everything i just, typing, effort.. i wish i could just shoot you magic beams or something that accurately capture what i want to say lmao

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-31-2014, 09:48 AM

Holycrap why are you so awesome and fast? o___o

Nono that looks wonderful... What do you plan on having them doing? :o

If I could just commission you for a series of them, hurr...

What kinda items do you like? I'll pay ya in oldtime rares LOL. /throwsthematyou.

Or do you want money I CAN ACQUIRE MONEY.

zyne
they/them

Old 12-31-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Holycrap why are you so awesome and fast? o___o

Nono that looks wonderful... What do you plan on having them doing? :o

If I could just commission you for a series of them, hurr...

What kinda items do you like? I'll pay ya in oldtime rares LOL. /throwsthematyou.

Or do you want money I CAN ACQUIRE MONEY.
i am neither awesome NOR fast but THANKS omg. colouring will probably take longer since i'm faster at linearts.

umm pretty simple just, having the flames move. little birdy chirp. cat smile or look surprised, maybe? tail twitch. unless you have something else in mind?

haha you could although idk if id be up to do that many gif images since they take up so much time :v

aaaandddd i have NO idea because i have no idea what this site is or how much things are worth or how to price my art so! i'll trust you to pay whatever you want i guess?? SORRY im so bad with these things

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-31-2014, 09:56 AM

no accept my love and praise ACCEPT IT. /throwsharder.

:3 Nooo no objections. That sounds wonderful and cuteee.

LOL I can pretty much pay you to do things until you get sick of it.

What kind of items do you like? Clothes? Weapons? Dark? Fantasy? Animals? I'll try to pick out something you'll like. :3

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 12-31-2014, 09:58 AM

LOL you ask you shall receive. I had no clue either. If you aren't sure my advice changes to pretty much the exact same thing, but instead of taking them in psych just take a bunch of different classes all over the place. The intro courses give you a pretty good idea of what sort of things you will be getting into with that sort of degree. And research helps, but so lazy D:

Thats cause talkin' is fun, silly.

That is my problem. I just did like 3 weeks of homework in 2 days for 2 classes. It was god awful. I am so over writing papers and I have 3 more I have to finish by Friday T_T

---------- Post added 12-31-2014 at 02:00 AM ----------

Okay! I get that. It makes sense that way. So you identify without a gender, but dress more feminine so you don't present androgynous. Gotcha gotcha. That makes so much more sense than what I looked up. Them experts need a better way of explaining things.

Is okay. I am reading it all too, but typing is where i get lazy xD; I like your beaming idea.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-31-2014, 10:01 AM

Pretty art

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 12-31-2014, 10:03 AM

The art is very pretty T-T

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal