Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 01-30-2011, 06:58 PM

CONTEST RESULTS! WOO!

Sooo, Daria and I apologize for the wait on results for the contest. We know it's almost been a month, but both of us had a lot to deal with this last month, so thanks for being patient and not harassing us about getting these prizes out sooner. :D

With that said, on to the results! :D

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 01-31-2011, 03:08 PM

Holiday Colors Contest

I decided to break my contest into two categories: Red and green avatars, and blue avatars. :D

Red & Green
It took a while to decide on the winners of the red and green contest, since there were so many, but I did finally decide on my winners. This year I was drawn to more simplistic avatars it seemed, so without further ado, here are our winners.

Honorable mentions go to (500g each):
Eastriel:Linnea:.Simplicity.:
spicedroses: Suona:

And in third place (1,000g), I decided to choose two similarly colored avatars for a tie. I noticed that within my group of favorites for this contest, there were a bunch of red/white/green avatars, but not as many with gold as an accent color. These two avatars both used gold nicely as an accent color.
BlackCart29: and catloverd:

In second place (3,000g), with an avatar I've been admiring for a while now, is...
XxPERFECTxMESSxX:! Congrats! I love that this avatar is simple, yet filled with holiday spirit. I also think using that skirt is rather difficult, so mad props for making it work well in your outfit. :D Nice job!

And our first-place winner (5,000g), with a festively elfy avatar, is...

Demoscout:
! Woo! I think this avatar is adorable, and it looks as if she's helping Santa distribute candy to good little boys and girls. :D I realize a lot of your outfit is new stuff and could be called 'set-like' by some ACers, but I don't really care. XD I think you did a lovely job on this one, and it really put me into the holiday spirit. :D Congrats!

Blue Avatars
In this category, despite having MANY fewer entries, there were several that popped out at me. :D

In third place (1,000g), I've declared a tie between...
M i r o: and Kultura:
The lovely use of the bright, wintery blue in Miro's really drew me to it immediately. She did a fabulous job making herself stand out from the other entries, as few people used this particular shade of blue. It's just lovely. And Kultura's complex layering and use of all possible accent colors makes me happy. I can see she worked hard trying to get the perfect balance on this one, and I think she succeeded. Nicely done ladies!

In second place (3,000g), with another complex (and impish) avatar (looks like the blues got my vote for complexity this year) is...
Iroase Delschatten:! Congrats! :D I really appreciate how complex this is, but how it doesn't hurt my eyes when I try to figure out how you went about making it. :D I like the impish snow-fairy theme you've got going here too. :D Nicely done.

And in first place (5,000g), with another avatar that was simplistic, but put me in the holiday spirit, is...
neller:! Congrats! I really can imagine you coming to my house and ringing the doorbell in this outfit, ready to get me all eggnogged up and singing me Christmas carols. :D :D I think that the scarf you chose is VERY difficult to work with, but I think you totally made it work here, and I really admire that. Usually I hate those scarves, but in this outfit, it really adds something to the outfit. :D You look warm and cozy, despite being in such a flimsy skirt too. XP Very nice work on this one!

Last edited by Sizzla; 02-02-2011 at 01:31 PM..

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 02-01-2011, 05:05 AM

I'd like to say that this was an extremely difficult contest to judge! I loved having so many entries to choose from too! With that being said, let's get on to the honorable mentions at 500g each

The caroler with the best pitch goes to Sakura_Madison:

The most creative fairy award goes to Clair Voyant: for her fairy taking a break

The most Bah Humbug! award goes to neller: for her fantastic Scrooge

The Cuddly as a Cactus award goes to Woodlandnymph: for her rendition of the Grinch!

The avatar that is sooo amazing, It'll shoot your eye out goes to Fauxreal: for their Ralphie from A Christmas Story

And now for the winners!

The sugarplum fairy ornament so cute, I want one in real life, taking 3rd place (1000g) is M i r o:

In second place (3000g) with a tree full of festive foliage, d2hiriyuu:

And the winner, taking home the First prize of 5000g Silverwingedshadows: as Jack Frost's half sister Jackqueline Frost

Last edited by Sizzla; 02-02-2011 at 04:32 AM..

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 02-02-2011, 04:26 AM

Congrats to all the winners!

All participants will be getting their EIs from Magnus shortly, so stay tuned for that. :yes: I'll send out my prizes tomorrow. :yes:

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-02-2011, 04:44 AM

Hooray! Congrats to everyone!!! <3

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 02-02-2011, 04:46 AM

Wow, I never expected a second place. O_O

Congratulations to all the winners! So many great avatars this time as well. *_*
And thank you very much to Sizzla and Daria for hosting the contest again! :hug:

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 02-02-2011, 05:14 AM

Congrats to all the winners!!

Hurrah for EI participation prizes. ^^
Thanks!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-02-2011, 05:49 AM

i have been searching the community discussions forum like every day since the event ended!! glad to see it was worth the wait! congrats everyone!!!

XxPERFECTxMESSxX
Spreading the yaoi since 1995 ;D
Send a message via AIM to XxPERFECTxMESSxX

Old 02-02-2011, 06:04 AM

omigosh second place!! thank you <33
congrats neller and demo :D

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-02-2011, 06:06 AM

Congrats guys! You all look awesome.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 02-02-2011, 06:06 AM

Aww thanks Sizz & Daria Edit#2: (derp I also forgot for a while that this contest was a joined effort! Both of you should get hugs) :hug:
I knoooow, that outfit was VERY set-like, but I wasn't in a position to care at the time. :rofl: I was surprised that it made it onto the event item list in the exchange and that you had shown it on here as well. Glad you liked it. :)

Congrats to everyone who won! :D Definitely some awesome avis up there.

Edit: By the way... I totally misread the post. It looked like you just threw that avi in there because you liked it...not because it won anything. I thought that Perfect Mess was first place, then I re-read the above comments and THEN re-read the initial post... I MADE FIRST? HOLY D%$ks :shock: *faints*

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 02-02-2011 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: my derpyness

Kultura
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to Kultura

Old 02-02-2011, 06:33 AM

Wow, thank you Sizzla + Daria! :)
I always love the avatar contests :3

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 02-02-2011, 12:50 PM

Congratulations everyone! :D! Everyone's entries were really nice.

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 02-02-2011, 01:10 PM

I'll be sending out my prizes later this evening (for me:))

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-02-2011, 01:17 PM

OH! :D Thank you so much!

Congrats to the others. ^^

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 02-02-2011, 02:06 PM

Congrats To All The Winners!!!!

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 02-02-2011, 04:21 PM

Woo! It's a good morning! Lol.
I woke up and found out my classes were canceled. And then I got on here and saw the results were posted! This is just awesome. Lol.

Congrats everyone, and thank you! ^.^

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 02-02-2011, 04:47 PM

Lucky! I wish my class was canceled, but no...my class has to give critiques on each others' pieces today. :stare:

----------

Awesome avatar by the way, neller! You made that wizard robe look great. :O

Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 02-02-2011, 05:08 PM

Grats you guys! :D There was a ton of awesome entries this time around. :heart:

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 02-02-2011, 05:10 PM

You are lucky that your classes are cancelled. A lot of my friends don't have class today but sadly my campus does have class. At least I only have a 1hr lecture today. ^^"

Rikali
I can haz?

Old 02-02-2011, 06:29 PM

Congratulations to the winners! The avatars were amazing! :3

Thanks for the participation prize! <3

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)
Send a message via MSN to .Simplicity.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:33 PM

Wooo, I won something! :'D

Grats to all the winners! <3

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:04 PM

That Grinch was AMAZING! Wood! <333 Congrats to the winners!!

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 02-02-2011, 08:38 PM

Congrats to all the winners! They're beautiful. <3

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 02-03-2011, 02:42 AM

All winners in my contest should have received their prizes now! Congrats on a great contest everyone!