The Aura Knight
Aura

Old 10-13-2012, 02:24 AM

An old elementary school picture of God that I have always had in the back of my head, is that He is like the sky. There are different aspects to this that apply to God's real attributes quite accurately as I have thought about this in later years.

God is like the sky. Have you ever thought about when you take a step outside, that you are really stepping into the sky? Yes, when at the beach or another wide, open area, the horizon marks the beginning and end of the sky, but in actuality, the sky has no end, it starts at the ground and goes straight up towards the heavens. If we view the sky as a metaphorical picture of God, then we will realize that stepping outside, is like stepping into the sky, and therefore into God. He will surround you, and you will be in Him. Okay, so, if you're outside, you are "in God". Well, I have always sorta viewed the sky and the sun and the wind as one, so keep this in mind okay? Well, the sun, when it hits your skin, is warm and very tender to you, I believe, (except when you get a sunburn, but that's another story!) This reminds me of love, the sky's love, God's love, shining down on me. The wind, it blows all around you, it carresses you, it can be strong, or it can be gentle. Like God's touch, it is everywhere. God can be strong, or gentle, actually both at the same time! Okay, the wind, if it is a part of the sky and sun, then it is a part of this picture of God. So the wind blows the trees and leaves and everything outside. It strokes the wings of birds and the tails of squirrles, it taps the streams and smacks the waters of the oceans. It moves your hair and carresses your skin. As if God is acknowledging all of His living creation. He is loving His world and seeing that, "it is good." The wind cannot be seen, neither can God; the wind can be felt and it can move things, so can God; the wind has power and strength just as God does. The wind can be strong or gentle. The sky is all surrounding, so in essence, it sees everything, it can be called a part of Outer Space. So it encompasses the Universe since it just flows out into it without end. Or you could say that the sky is only surrounding this earth and its atmosphere, so it looks out on the rest of the Universe, and down upon us and our planet. As if we are the most important thing to it(Him) the sky wraps around us in an almost hug. The sky is ever present, and if it could see it would see everything, it touches down to the ground and therefore is everywhere. It is powerful yet it seems loving. In its role as our atmosphere, it protects us.The sky is not God, not saying that, nor am I saying that I worshiped the sky by any stretch of the imagination. No. Even in my immaturity and innocence, I recognized that the sky was God's creation and not god. I am just saying, that I felt that the sky, was almost a beautiful metaphor or analogy for him, a marvelous representation of Him. I am not saying I prayed to it or felt that it held any spiritual significance, it didn't. I am merely saying one thing I thought about as a child. I hope it made you think and also remember the beauty of this great earth. It is our borrowed homeland.

caseyur
Networking aficionado
Send a message via AIM to caseyur Send a message via Yahoo to caseyur

Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 PM

this is quite beautiful

OhMyGodRod
Cabrakan_Vargas_Barajas

Old 03-23-2013, 06:00 PM

As selfless as God seems, if we are indeed all living extensions of his being then he is indeed caring for himself as we should care for ourselves. His protection over us is akin to the clothing on our backs that protects us from the cold, or the roofs above our heads that shelter us from wind, rain and snow. Temples should remain holy places not to promote people but to promote unity, well being as a whole. I really enjoy your vision and understanding of God, thank you for sharing this wonderful contribution with the greater conscience.

Gravekit
Necromantic Faefox

Old 04-05-2013, 07:10 AM

This is beautiful and poignant. It evokes a lot of feeling, i'd say.

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 05-03-2013, 10:24 AM

I really love this interpretation of God. Fantastic.

The Aura Knight
Aura

Old 07-12-2013, 06:08 AM

Thanks guys, you really touched me with your feedback *blushy*