yung91
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-07-2013, 06:17 PM

Maya woke that morning feeling both excited and nervous, she had 2 hours to prepare and get to the theater hall, The recital was at 9. She picked up her violin and made sure it was in tune. She styled her hair as it usually was but used a light purple bow to keep it in place this time. She smiled at her reflection having washed her face and already finished her make up. She had pale purple eye-shadow and lipstick, to add to her ensemble of light green and light purple. She straightened her uniform and headed out.

The wind was chilly but the sun stopped the cold being a factor, she was lovely and warm as she adjusted the necklace which used to be her mothers and said quietly to herself "here we go mom, I'll make you proud i promise" She headed into the noise of the theater hall. She ignored everyone until she got to the stage where she spoke with her music teacher and got the sheet of performance order so she knew when to be ready for. Turns out she would be the last of the recital with her music piece

As she waited for her turn she silently prayed to her mother for strength. She hadnt known her father as well as she had known her mother so his loss was not as important to her as her mothers so her mind always turned to her mothers spirit inside herself for courage to go on. Her face of course was her usual mask of emotionless calm though inside she was trying not to throw up from the nerves

Before she knew it the time had come for her performance. She stood up and headed out to see her fellow students and their families. She cleared her throat and raised her violin, a strange hush fell on the world, she knew that it was not because the crowd was actually quiet but that she had shut out everything except what she was doing. Her eyes flicked out into the crowd and she saw someone, someone that was there only in her mind. Someone who would have been there if she could have been. She began to play, pouring her heart into her mothers favourite classical piece

As she played her emotionless mask cracked, tears began to fall from her own eyes as she played, the sweet sound doing nothing to help her sadness. "I miss you mother" she said in her mind as she closed her eyes. The piece came to its end eventually but just as the last chord was struck she heard a voice inside her mind and felt a touch on her cheek "I'll always be watching over you, keep on making me proud, because you always have done so far"

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 01-04-2014, 12:00 AM

I liked it and felt the strong emotion in it, it was beautiful and sad, but you shouldn't use "she" too much, try some her and maya to make it less repetative, also use more commas in your sentences to clean it up more, make some complex sentences out of simple ones. Your a good writer tho so keep writing on!~M

Last edited by MercyGrim96; 01-04-2014 at 12:05 AM.. Reason: wanted to add more