Death_to_the_reaper
I'm alive. Message me if you rem...

Old 04-21-2012, 05:07 AM

Belle laid there with her long, brownish-blonde hair loose around her face. Her chest rising and falling with every breath as she slept close to her captain. She started to stir as he snuggled with her and buried his nose in her hair. The half elf smiled as she started to wake up as the warm body next to her moved. "Morning, Ryek." Belle said with sleep in her voice. Her hands held onto the sheet as she stretched out her slim figure.

The elf looked at him as he strode towards the door. Belle sat there in his bed as she watched him get ready to leave. She had been with him many times before when he left before she woke up. But Belle treasured the times when he waited for her to wake up before he left. The elf would not stop him if he decided to continue because she knew he was a busy man.

She rose from his bed, clutching the sheet to her form. Her blue eyes stayed on Ryek as he stood near the door.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-21-2012, 12:58 PM

The morning light woke Gemma from her deep sleep. That plus the feeling she was being watched. She'd fallen asleep against that pile of rope in a corner of the ship and remained there in the beauty of the night for her sleep.

She heard whispering in a foreign language and her eyebrow twitched. She snapped one eye open to see a couple of the crew members leaning over her. In the next moment two loud back to back claps could be heard that echoed off the sides of the ship.

As she walked away, the two crew members clutched the sides of their faces where a bright red hand print would linger for a good part of the morning. Gemma moved to stand at the side of the ship to look out over the ocean once again.

She reached up and pulled her hair down to flow freely. The long wavy, almost curly, black hair blew in the cool salty morning air and Gemma inhaled deeply, closing her eyes to cherish this beautiful morning.

When she opened them again she stared out over the water. Flying fish could be seen jumping out of the water close to the ship, sailing through the air for quite a distance before slicing through the surface and disappearing into the vast ocean once again. Her eyes squinted into the distance in hopes of seeing land.

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 04-21-2012, 03:15 PM

Mindy frowned and thought a moment. Then she slowly asked, Hunt? How does your... ability... work exactly? I see you glowing. You just put a ball of glowingness on the wall. I don't understand though how else it works. The unknown. Something she really didn't like. Also, this child was somewhat untrained. That could also be dangerous. Mindy wasn't sure she really liked it. Yet Lucy was here to stay and Mindy wouldn't change that. This island had been a lonely place. The only companion besides her sword and the monkeys had been the strange figurine that was in the center of the pirate's treasure.

Edward had a good warm bath all set up. The coals underneath it would keep it warm too for the rest of the afternoon if need be. He went and checked on the soup. It was done. If the lady knight woke up anytime soon, she could come get some. Otherwise he would handfeed so that she wouldn't lose too much. There was plenty of soup. He always made enough in case visitors came. Visitors were rare on nonreligious days.

He thought back to when he first arrived. The monestery had been left untouched for so long. He had cleaned it out and tried to start services but no one ever came. So he had gone to them. Now they came willingly if it wasn't too often. If only they knew what was hidden in the crypt beneath the chapel. Some priceless gems, he was sure. However a figurine had been the main attraction. It looked like it belonged in a set of some sort. If his guess was correct, it was one of the 5 legendary muses. It was said that each muse could grant a wish if you met one at the right place. This statue must have once belonged to a really nice collection. However, the less the villagers on this island knew, the better.

(( PapillonCameo: I will leave it up to you on whether she is injured worse or healing up quickly.))

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-21-2012, 04:07 PM

"Well, I know that my body glows, though not why. And I can use that light for whatever," she said, shrugging her tiny shoulders as she kicked a few small rocks, staring down at her feet. "You know how sunlight passes through a lens and gets all hot and stuff? I think that it works sort of like that, see? Not everything works like that though." She finished by pointing at the coals and pushing. Instantly, a beam of light shot from her fingertip and hit the coals, igniting them easily. After she had done that, she began glowing brighter, revealing her increasing anxiety quite plainly.

"So... if you want me to get lost, I will," she said, sitting down on collapsed column and swinging her feet. Her eyes never met Mindy's, nor were they directed anywhere near her. This was playing out eerily similar to how her parents had reacted. At first they simply wanted to know about it, but when she didn't have answers, they got rid of her. It scared them, not knowing. All Lucy could hope was that Mindy wasn't so scared of the unknown. That would mean, hopefully, that she could stay.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-22-2012, 02:29 AM

Mindy cocked her head and watched Lucy's downcast face. Her body was glowing brighter and brighter. She wondered if it reflected the turmoil inside. Sad that such a child would be in placed in these extreme circumstances. She shrugged and began chopping up vegetables. Good luck. She kept chopping them up and suggested, Take the kettle and fill it with water will you? She paused and gave the girl a steady eye, "You've been on this island for two years. I really doubt you could get lost."

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-23-2012, 05:04 AM

When Mindy didn't immediately tell her to take a hike, Lucy began to feel a bit hopeful. But when she said, indirectly, that she could stay, Lucy's face broke into a huge grin. Strangely enough, she even seemed to glow brighter, though the light seemed happier and more energetic as she obeyed Mindy and filled up the kettle. It was really interesting watching the light play off of the water, so much so in fact that she forgot that Mindy needed the water for a few moments. When she remembered however, she bounded back into the temple's main room, careful not to spill a drop before presenting the kettle to the other girl cheerfully. "Okay, Mindy, your turn," Lucy sang. "How'd you get on the island? I know you were on a ship, but that's about it."

maidenroseheart

Old 04-23-2012, 05:29 AM

Mindy reached over and pulled the kettle onto the coals. Then she carefully scrapped the chopped vetebables, dried meat, and seasonings into the kettle to simmer. She sat back and thought for a moment. Where to start? "Well, I grew up in a French aristocratic home. One night my mom dragged me and the things she felt precious out. We sailed from place to place for a couple years until we were stranded her. When everyone died, I pretty much stored all the evident elsewhere out of sight. She busied herself with cleaning up her workspace. Confusion filled her as questions flowed through her mind. Why? Why had they run?

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 04-27-2012, 11:44 PM

She didn't know how long she had been searching for, but Azaela couldn't search any longer. The ship had sunk into the darkness now. If her friends were on board, they would be dead by now anyway. If they had been swept away in the currents with debris, she'd missed it.

Azaela fought back tears of sadness and anger. How could her father do this!? That was it. She was mad enough at the King of the seas now that she would swim to the nearest island and stay there, forever! Okay, probably not really forever. But until she'd gotten over the awful thing he'd done. See him try and capsize an island! she thought.

Really, he probably could do that. Well, not that, but create a storm that would wipe the island out anyway. But then, that would be far too dangerous with her on land, so, it was settled. To land.

Azaela didn't actually know which way land was closest. She picked a direction and swam quickly. She knew it wouldn't be long before her father sent his men in search of her. She swam, sniffling back tears of hate and sorrow. She'd never forgive him for being so heartless.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-28-2012, 12:39 AM

Mindy glanced over at Lucy. She had not much to tell the young girl. Perhaps something to help relax them both was in order. Lucy, while this is cooking, do you want to go on patrol with me? I run the island often daily to look for any signs of a ship or other life. In truth, she was used to running by herself. She didn't know how she would feel with another human with her. Especially if this girl couldn't keep up. However, it was nice to offer and perhaps Mindy would learn something more of her strange new friend.

Edward walked down a path. He was a male. A monk, but still a male. His earlier years weighed heavily on his heart. If becoming a man of peace was required to atone for his sins, then he would certainly try. Reaching the village, he walked through briskly. Nodding and greeting those around, he kept going instead of taking the usual time to chat with the villagers. Reaching the outside of the village, he went to the widow's cottage and knocked briskly on the warped wooden door.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-28-2012, 11:30 PM

Not really sure what to say to Mindy's explanation of her past, Lucy simply nodded, still swinging her skinny little legs. Her actions as she cooked were methodical and cautious, showing that she was really intent on her work, which was the primary cause of her silence according to Lucy. Still, when she spoke up asking if Lucy would like to go on patrol with her, Lucy paused before nodding enthusiastically. "That sounds great!" she exclaimed, happy to be of assistance. She was so eager, in fact, that she jumped off of the stone column that she had been sitting on and darted to the door, fidgeting outside as she waited for Mindy to catch up to her outside.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 PM

Kry: Death_to_the_reaper: maidenroseheart: Angelo: Graxdon:

Let's get this thang rollin' again, shall we?

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 05-08-2012 at 04:28 PM..

maidenroseheart

Old 05-08-2012, 09:30 PM

Mindy laughed and pulled herself from the cool stone floor to walk over to her. Her friend might not be gifted with the speed that she had, but she did have the eagerness. She grinned and headed outside to the courtyard. Crossing it to the entrance, she paused and looked out. "Usually I take one of several routes. How about we head towards the beach, cut off towards the cliffs, cross towards the waterfalls, and the by time we get back the food will be ready."

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-08-2012, 10:26 PM

((SOOO Sorry for not posting, my mind has been too blargh to focus on rp's for long duration. I promise I'll post either tomorrow or the next day))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-10-2012, 01:25 AM

"We look for land today, m'love." Ryek flashed Belle a brilliant smile before he opened his door and stepped out of his cabin. That door closed behind him, Ryek took a few steps away then turned back to the door. He opened it and popped his head back in. "You'll always be my favorite." Then Ryek was gone, the door closed behind him and he was making his way across the deck. His hair blew in the light breeze as he made his way towards the prow. Shouting out things to his crew as he passed them. Mostly crude jokes, or so it would seem as they laughed loudly at the things he said.

Two members of his crew came rushing up to him once they laid their eyes on his figure. A hand print on both their cheeks and Ryek could guess at who had done that. Gemma. And so it would seem was correct, as the men spoke angrily and hurried French at the captain. Ryek watched, only somewhat amused, and then he drew his hand back and slapped them both, open handed on the opposite cheek that Gemma had hit. So now the two had hand prints on both cheeks. Ryek scolded them in French. His crew knew better than to bother a woman that they hadn't been given permission to bother. They rushed away and Ryek soon found Gemma with his eyes.

He approached her from behind, slipped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. His lips mere centimeters from her ear. "Giving my crew a hard time, are you?" Amusement laced his voice, he didn't sound angry or upset. In fact, Ryek seemed to be in a very good mood this morning.

Death_to_the_reaper

Old 05-10-2012, 02:21 AM

Belle smiled at him as she stood in front of her dresser that he let her keep in his room. She dropped the sheet from her small form as he popped his head back in. Blush rushed to her cheeks as he said she was his favorite. "Thank you, Ryek." Her blue eyes shined at him before looking at her choices for wardrobe today. The half elf touched the some of the skirts and corsets that hung in the closet.

She looked at all the clothes but some of them were special to her because they came with her when she and Rel joined the ship, others she bought while they were at port, and some she considered gifts from the captain. Belle blushed before pulling on a blue blouse, black corset, and blue skirt before fixing her hair and pulling her boots back on. The cook had to fix breakfast yet for the crew.

Her eyes looked herself over in the mirror before walking from his quarters to the kitchen.

Last edited by Death_to_the_reaper; 05-10-2012 at 02:41 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 05-10-2012, 10:59 PM

In the moment she felt arms around her waist, Gemma knew she'd be slapping another crew member before that moment passed. But before she could react hastily, she heard the sound of Ryek's voice as he rested his chin on her shoulder. "Oh, it's you, Ryek," she spoke in relief. Probably, she shouldn't have been so relieved, in fact, she wasn't really. But she'd rather have Ryek creeping up on her than one of those crew members.

She shrugged her shoulder to jostle Ryek's head away and turned around to face him. "I do just looovee being out at sea with the ever charming Ryek Le'Raux," she started sarcastically, "but will we be digging our toes in sand any time soon?" She couldn't wait to get to their first destination and see what treasures the island held.

Would her father be there? It wouldn't make much sense if he were, but there was a possibility. Either way, there was treasure, and shiny things made Gemma happy, even if she wasn't yet aware that they wouldn't be able to open the chest.

((I'll post for Zae soon. I need to go and pick up my little brother in law, who's high and at his friends house. :roll:))

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-10-2012, 11:34 PM

"Works for me!" Lucy chirped, hopping down before strolling off on the path that Mindy had laid out. The scenery still captivated her attention as she walked. Despite living on the island for such an extended period of time, the lush and vibrant flora, and the wonderfully diverse and lively fauna never bored her. She had literally wasted entire days before just staring at the life that went on around her. As she reached the beach, her toes curling up in the warm sand almost involuntarily, she looked back at Mindy with the same huge grin on her face as she had had before. As she continued walking, she began whistling again, the birds too far to really hear her from the beach. But she didn't care. She was elated, and music was just a natural display of that joy. Not to mention that she was just a kid after all.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 AM

Mindy watched her with amusement. Maybe, just this one, they would do patrol at a walk. It was took much longer but you were better able to enjoy the scenery. The birds were returning as well. She turned and watched the waves lapping up on shore. It was a beautiful and peaceful scene. One that could chance easily enough. She turned and started walking along the beach. Approaching the start of the cliffs, she carefully walked up onto the path that would start ascending them. She turned back towards Lucy, "Hey be careful on these cliffs okay. The view at the top is worth it though."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-11-2012, 05:04 PM

Ryek stepped back slightly when Gemma shrugged her shoulder. He looked out towards the horizon as she turned around to face him and only after she had finished speaking did his gaze drop to her. "Well, assuming we are headed in the right direction, which I assume we are. We ought to hit land sometime today. Maybe." He looked off at the horizon again, this time with a slightly thoughtful look on his face. "Why not help Bell with her duties? It'll help pass the time." Ryek turned, as if he were about to walk away, then he turned back towards Gemma quickly. His arms snaked around her and he yanked her close. His head dipped down and quickly he stole a kiss from her. Ryek let her go and took a step back, licking his lips, as if savoring the taste there. He mostly did it to see what sort of reaction he could get out of Gemma.

Death_to_the_reaper

Old 05-11-2012, 05:30 PM

The half elf stood in the galley as she whisked a bowl of eggs together. She added some milk left over from last night and added some pepper before whisking it some more. Belle let her thoughts return to last night as a smile and a blush before returning her focus back to making breakfast for the crew. The cook put the eggs aside as she cut some cured bacon to go with the eggs. Looking at the porthole, the promise of land made her wonder if Ryek was going to leave her on the ship or if she would get to go with him. Either way, it would be dangerous for the half elf. Being who she was made her and her brother a rarity. She just shrugged and started to hum as she began to cook the cured ham.

Rel walked into the galley wiping the sleep from his eyes and fixing his blonde hair. He looked at his sister and noticed how happy she seemed this morning. His cheeks filled with a red blush as he knew what it meant because one night he saw his sister and the captain through the keyhole in his door. The young elf did not want to say anything to embarrass his sister and he was too scared to ask the captain about it.

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-11-2012, 08:44 PM

Echoing in the distance, piercing the peaceful morning, came the sounds of battle. Out of view to any but sailor in the crow's nest were two ships locked together parallel to each other, one having boarded the other. The smaller one was old and had suffered a beating, its mast having taken a shot and toppling so half was in the water and it carried the Jolly Roger as its flag. The other was as majestic and whole as the other was wretched and damaged, the flag of the royal navy flapping in the breeze underneath the ship's personal flag, a white noose in the center of the flag that was as black as the sails that propelled the ship. The ship with black sails was known and feared to any who called themselves 'pirate', as was the mercilessness of its commander. The crew of the Navy's most powerful ship was currently in battle with the pirate crew, though it was a fairly one-sided battle between the haggard pirates and the well trained marines. The true battle, however, was at the helm where the pirate Captain, his first mate, and the helmsman had a man surrounded and were each attacking in concert... and none of them could so much as scratch him. Surrounded by the three pirates was the boogieman amongst the sea's pirates, Commodore Malcolm Stanforth, who had one hand behind his back as he spun with dance-like grace as he parried every attack the pirates threw his way, an almost bored expression on his face. Glancing to the main deck where the pirate crew were throwing down their weapons as they surrendered instead of dying, Stanforth nodded, saying, "Time to wrap this up." With a pair of quick blows, the helmsman and first mate collapsed to the deck, clasping their hands over the gushing wounds in their necks as the Commodore turned to fully face the Captain. Refusing to give in to fear, the Captain struck hard and fast at the Commodore who parried the Captain's guard up before striking with lightning speed, his black blade connecting with the Captain's at the hilt. A burst of sparks and the shriek of steel echoed out as the pirate's blade shattered. He stared at the hilt of his sword for a second before dropping it and falling to his knees, the pirate whispering, "Mercy... please?" The Commodore glared at the Captain, sheathing his blade into his cane as he said, "Men are shown mercy. Animals are put down." Stanforth walked away to get back on the Blackened Star, a pair of marines taking the Captain into custody, the Commodore calling behind him, "Put the crew in the brig and hang the captain from the mast, then burn the ship. The day is young, and the seas are still plagued with filth."

((BEHOLD, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL LONG-POST!))

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 05-12-2012, 05:21 AM

((BAM! Lol glad to see you're alive Grax! :hug:))

Azaela was swimming hastily towards an area in the sea she had once seen an island, so she thought she recalled it anyway. She was no longer shedding tears or spitting words of anger, she was just swimming, farther and farther from her kingdom.

Suddenly she stopped. In the distance she could hear the faint sound of, battle? It was a very similar noise to that she had heard before boarding The Captain's ship. She knew it wasn't possible that the source of the noise was that of her dear friend's ship, but still, she couldn't help but feel too curious to continue on and ignore it.

After a few minutes Zae popped her head up above the surface of the water to see two ships, side by side. One seemed badly damaged and the other in perfect condition. Neither of those ships were that of her dear friend, or the other pirate that they had come across in the ship with white sails.

She swam closer to get a better look at what had happened. Being the naive mermaid princess of the sea that she was, she didn't assume that any ill-will had gone on here, but that instead, one of the ships was merely having a hard time and the other had come to it's aid.

As she swam between the two ships, she wondered if she should call out and offer assistance. That would sure irritate her father, Poseidon, and that's exactly what she wanted to do. But, she didn't want to make any more human friends and cause them any harm and end up losing them, too.

In the distance, in multiple directions, shark fins could be seen slicing through the surface of the water, following the scent of blood. Had Azaela been paying attention to more than the Commodore's ship she might have noticed, but as it stood, she had no idea how much danger she currently waded in as she stared up curiously at the ship.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Nodding lightly at Ryek's command, Gemma felt slightly annoyed. She never had 'duties'. She couldn't cook, she never did any sort of cleaning or laundries. She knew how to run a ship, steal, fight and find treasure. Those other things? Pfftt, those were for women tamed. Gemma was too free a spirit to get bogged down by that stuff and now, to be allowed passage on this ship, she was being forced to do things she wasn't even good at.

Before she realized what was happening, Ryek had turned to face her once again, pulling her close and into a kiss. That, she was good at. When he took a step back, a lot of things were running through Gemma's mind. She wondered what game he was playing, if any, and if she could use that to her advantage. Quick, before he walked away, she had to make a decision!

Slap the man, or try and seduce him into letting her do what she wanted... The last thing she wanted to do out at sea on a beautiful day was be forced to clean below decks. Finally she smiled seductively, another thing she was good at. She'd used this smile to get a lot of things she'd wanted in the past, it couldn't fail now either. After all, Ryek was only a man.

Gemma closed the space between them now and allowed her breasts that overflowed from the tiny corset to brush tantalizingly against his masculine chest. Emerald eyes sparkled with deceit. Would he notice? She trailed a finger delicately over his lips and down his chin to his chest.

"Come on Captain," she started, her velvety tone implying that she just might do whatever it took to keep from having to do any servant-like chores, as Bell did on a daily basis. "Don't you want to keep me around on deck? I can be very entertaining." With each word, Gemma's lips inched closer and closer to Ryek's until they were nearly touching once again.

((Whoa Gemma! Lol watch out Ryek, those lips might be laced with venom! :P))

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 05-12-2012 at 05:49 AM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 PM

((Sorry guys. I had thought I posted. :sweat:))

Giving Mindy a salute, Lucy bounced along behind her, her energy inexhaustible. Seeing that the path was rather rough, Lucy increased the light output by her feet, creating slight protection between her and the rocky trail. Despite the extra layer, she was still grimacing with every other step, the sharp rocks poking and prodding her tiny feet. Still, she loved the activity and the sights. Looking out to the ocean at their elevation added on another mile of visibility at least. A couple of times, Lucy had spotted large dots moving across on the horizon, though whether they were ships or whales, she had no idea of knowing.

Eventually, the duo made it to the top, Lucy darting ahead with excitement for the finish of that stretch and the start of the next. Of course, afterwards, she slowed down a bit, letting Mindy catch up, though it didn't take long at all. Now that they were back in the jungle, the birds started to flock around again, eager to join their voices to her whistle. This of course also drew the attention of some of the more docile animals, though they turned away when they saw that it was really nothing of interest. Before too long though, or at least it seemed that way, the music that the birds and Lucy had been making was drowned out by the roaring waterfall. Despite the noise, it was absolutely beautiful, especially the rainbow. In fact, Lucy found herself stopping to simply stare and be amazed, unaware of where Mindy was exactly as she lost herself in the beauty of it all.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-15-2012, 09:38 AM

Mindy watched her and wondered how she herself had lost that simple joy in her surroundings. Following the path, she led Lucy on past more waterfalls. Some steep and narrow, other wide and flat. Sighing, she smiled and stepped into the cool pool of one of the waterfalls. This area was a wonder in of itself. In the time she had been here, another waterfall had created itself adding to the wide collection that was in the area. Her smile was more than for the pleasure of wading in such a pool, but also for the knowledge of what was back behind one the waterfalls.