j00lian
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 05-25-2007, 11:09 PM

I'm a fan of all books by Raymond E. Feist.
I also like the Harry Potter series, but most people are now adays.
I'm also a fan of Christopher Paolini.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 05-25-2007, 11:09 PM

I love Tamora Pierce, Diana Jones, Mercedes Lackey's books. Stephen King and Dean Koonz are very good too.

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Suteki Send a message via MSN to Suteki

Old 05-25-2007, 11:59 PM

I absolutely love 1984 and Animal Farm. I've also enjoyed reading The Chronicles of Narnia series and the Harry Potter series over and over again.

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-26-2007, 02:31 PM

It's hard for me to find just one book that I particularly liked...I have like a dozen of them that I like to read over and over again...
For example The Count of Monte Christo by Dumas,The Brooklyn Follies by Auster,The Dark Tower series by King and so on...I also like fairy tales..A LOT! :D

Astromantic
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Astromantic Send a message via MSN to Astromantic

Old 05-26-2007, 06:53 PM

My favorite children's chapter book is called Chasing Redbird by Sharon Creech. n_n

But I read a lot of more mature books. My favorites include:
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
My Uncle Oswald by Roald Dahl
Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

<3333

Notsilveraura
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-27-2007, 10:53 PM

I love stuff by Laurell K Hamilton, at least the Anita Blake series. Her books can get a little dirty, but it is so worth it in the end when you come to the action scenes and such. It's one of the best series I've ever read, other than my own that, is. ^.~ Lol.

lily_dragon

Old 05-28-2007, 04:45 AM

Sunshine by Robin Mckinely is definantly my favourite book of all time. My favourite short story is The Lighting Bringer by Garth Nix. I love both of these authors to death. *really wants to finish Nix's Keys to the Kingdom series*

By I really love Mary Stewart. :3
Though no one seems to know who she is....

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 05-29-2007, 01:34 AM

Twilight and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer and the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. <33333

anamayus
n/a

Old 05-29-2007, 08:44 PM

im not sure what my favorite book is, i have so many,
i think at the moment though it would have to be sabrial by garth nix,

Abis
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-30-2007, 02:18 AM

1984 (Orwell), Anthem (Rand), and Brave New World are among my favorites... I love stories about futuristic/oppressive governments. Also loved Orson Scott Card's Ender series.

opiate
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 05-30-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j00lian
I'm a fan of all books by Raymond E. Feist.
I also like the Harry Potter series, but most people are now adays.
Ooooo you good thing you! He and Tamora Pierce are my favourite fantasy authors! Best book in his series'?

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 05-30-2007, 05:26 PM

I'm a huge fan of Laurel k Hamilton and Terry Pratchet. When I would younger I was into Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Terry Brooks a lot more than I am right now.

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 05-30-2007, 11:45 PM

The Goddess of Yesterday!
i've read it two times in the last few months.
i would read it all the time if i could,
but then it might get boring. xD

i also love TAMORA PIERCE!
they're just really fun to read. :]

most of the books i like are medieval, princess and princes stories.
well, i'm not sure what the type is called.. fantasy, you would say?

my taste in books also range into the girly, trashy books.
like gossip girl and such. xD

<333

p i p p e r
n/a

Old 05-31-2007, 09:54 PM

I don't have a favorite author so I'd have to name the series I enjoy. I love Rainbow Boys from Alex Sanchez and Darren Shan's Cirque Du Freak books. I probably ruined their names though. How terrible of me. I always wish I could find more books to interest me, but I'm horribly picky. What joy.

Disco Doll
n/a

Old 06-01-2007, 04:08 AM

Some one has probably said this already but my faves are Twilight and New Moon by Stephanie Meyer.

opiate
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 06-01-2007, 04:07 PM

The movie wasn't as good as the books :P

Dearest
Master of Cupcakes

Old 06-02-2007, 09:24 PM

wow, there's so many...

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett is definitely a favourite, which makes it no surprise when I say I'm also very fond of Pratchett's Discworld series, and Neil Gaiman's Stardust and The Sandman series... I know The Sandman is a comic, but it's amazing literature ^^ Neil Gaiman is my favourite author by far!!

There's also The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy and The Lord of the Rings... again: amazing literature...

I am also sad to say that one of my absolute favourites is whichever large English dictionary I can get my hands on... (we have this really great one in school, it's about as thick as my palm is wide... it's fantastic ^^)
I could spend hour upon hour just reading all the beautiful words and really sticking them in my memory... I love words... <3

Oh, and I almost forgot, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell is also one of my favourites.. I'm not done with it yet, but it's really great so far^^

P o i P o i i i
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-03-2007, 08:05 AM

I like The Da Vinci's Code alot >w<

le dixième juillet
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to le dixième juillet

Old 06-03-2007, 01:32 PM

I enjoy all works of the Japanese novelist Haruki Murakami. I generally like to read Asian literature and count novelists such as Natsuo Kirino and Junichirou Tanizaki but Murakami has to be my favourite. I have read about 2/3 of his translated works, the latest read was Kafka on the Shore. I intend to pick up his latest translated work, After Dark once the softcover version is for sale here.

It's a pity I can't read Japanese well. One of my motivations to pick up the language (hopefully in the near future!) is so that I would at least, hopefully, be able to read the Japanese literature which I love so much in its native prose. A loss in translation is inevitable, even among the most reputable and accurate translators, furthermore, some works, even for those as renowned as Murakami's, just never get translated into English, what more for even more obscure authors.

Pallas
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-04-2007, 01:38 AM

Stephen King is easily my favorite author, and although I try to seek out different writers and genres, I always find myself falling back to his books. Not my fault that his novels are so easy to get a hold of, ha. I love used book stores. <3

Another author worth mentioning is Tad Williams. He amazes me with the amount of detail he includes in his work, the amount of thought that goes behind it. I'm a fan of his Otherland series and his stand alone fics, Tailchaser's song and War of the Flowers.

But my secret favorite read is Jane Eyre. It's one of the only books I've actually read over a couple times. Then there's Gaston Leroux's Phantom of the Opera, which I'll always love.

Denna
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-04-2007, 02:17 PM

I adore the Harry potter books..Only in English..The dutch version is just horibleeeeee xD
I also love A sundail in the grave.
I bet nobody heard of it before.
I found it at a garage sale..For cheap XD

I am also reading theDavincicodeeee../cough/ But I forgot what page I was at..So I stoped..But I sure love the book..

I also read a lot..:Fanficts..Even if they dont count as bookkssss *cheater* xD

Silfy
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Silfy Send a message via MSN to Silfy Send a message via Yahoo to Silfy

Old 06-04-2007, 09:30 PM

My favorite book out of all the books I've read would have to be The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. What made me want to read it was Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex and it was amaaaaazing. I like how it's just Holden telling the story, though it doesn't seem to have meant anything by the end. It just seems pointless, but I love it. xD

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way, I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life."

"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody."

If you want to know what it's about, I'm not gonna spoil it, I'll just say that it's basically about the few days he skips school when he's going to get kicked out anyways.

IcyPanther
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2007, 02:16 AM

Harry Potter is my favorite although I think I prefer the fanfiction over the books xD I also rally like Tamora Pierce ^.^ Fantasy is defintely my favorite genre.

As for mangas I like, I love my Rurouni Kenshin and my .hack//legend of the twilight ^.^

And I love Huckleberry Finn ^.^ <3 If we're talking about classics

Sleinah
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 06-07-2007, 11:37 AM

My favorite books.. well, I have a lot of favorite books. In fact, I want to read more books! But so far, here are some I've read which I also happen to like very much:

1. Cherish the Dream by Katherine Harrington - The book is about an expedition to map a route from Fort Leavenworth to California around the 1800's. The book magnifies the love story between Blade Roberts, the captain of the expedition team, and Theodora Gordon, the botanist and part-cartographer. It also spoke about the Native American Indians especially the Cheyenne. Along their way, something bad always happened until finally they found out who the culprit was.

2. Allure by Jo-ann Power - If you're the type who likes reading alluring novels, then this is the novel for you! I like this book because of the interesting conversations by Cerise Lindsay, new countess of Rossborough, and Blake Hargrove, earl of Sandown. The story is about Cerise trying to find out what happened to her sister as to why rumors spread that she committed suicide by drowning herself. Blake tried to help Cerise with her pursuit of the truth about her sister. The two, though, got so involved with each other that they grew to love each other changing each other's personality everyday that they met. Also, prepare yourselves for the wonderful knowledge of sculpting and the famous sculptures.

3. The Lady of the Labyrinth by Caroline Llewellyn - The novel is set in a first-person point of view by the character named Alison Jordan. She was about to have a peaceful vacation to Spain but before that day, a lot of things happened that changed her course of destination. With the persuasion of her brother, Jay, to look for their father, the two of them went off to Sicily in the hopes to find their father in a place called Castell'alto. On their way, they met an old woman, Signora Solina, who happened to have a bee keeper neighbor by the name of Clio Hunt. Also, Alison stumbled upon Luke Kenniston, her boss in the Embassy she is working in, while they were in Erice. (I have yet to finish reading the book so I can complete this.xD)

** If you're interested with the stories, go ahead and read them. :3

Here are other books I've read:
1. Incas: The Puma's Shadow by A.B. Daniel
2. A Pirate's Love by Johanna Lindsay
3. One Wish by Linda Lael Miller

Mrs. Unstable Joker
(-.-)zzZ
Banned
n/a

Old 06-07-2007, 11:20 PM

Irene Radford's Glass Dragon Series, and pre-series.

Discworld series by Terry Pratchett if you love fantasy and comedy, this is definitly a series for you, laugh a minute.

Xanth Series by Peirce Anthony - Not for everone, especially those who HATE pun's, the entire world is based upon puns but my god is it clever and funny and witty and just awesome.