Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-03-2018, 04:30 PM

Name: Lairen
Species: Angel (unranked)
Appearance:

His skin is beautifully smooth and just a shade darker than porcelain, like a creamy marble to match his graceful physique. At 5’9” tall, he is slender and lithe with equally slender fingers and toes. His hair is a silvery lilac color which falls in gentle layers that frame his youthful face and brown eyes. A single pair of wings sprouts from his back, mostly white in color, but like his hair, lilac tones shadow the base. His movement are often just as gentle as his appearance, though he is capable of energetic bursts.
Personality: He is someone whose calm energy can be like a trickling brook, and his laughter like the rustling of silk. Always refined and gentle, even when playing, he has a regale air. Even as a fledgling, he was reserved like this, preferring to pray rather than dance, listen rather than speak. Though his curiosity led to constantly questioning his teachers, someone he'd feel hesitant to do now. Although he often shows a serious or calm face, he is capable of a brilliant smile as well. He is lawful good at its strongest, but also not without curiosity or loyalty toward his friends and not just god.
The falling of his best friend leaves him very conflicted internally and externally as he finds himself caught in the middle of the drama that they created. More than anything, he wishes to know why things turned this way and he wishes to find some way to make things right. In his head, she knows they can never have their previous relationship back, but he would like to see that for himself, just to make sure. Because if it is at all possible, he wants to stubbornly hold onto the past that was perfect, even if it seems he was the only one that was a naive idiot.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 07-03-2018, 05:58 PM

Name: Aym
Species: Angel {fallen}
Appearance:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...ptureAngel.PNG

Aym had always looked slightly different than the other angels, and felt just as out of place. Where most angels were fair haired, trim, and calm, Aym always seemed too dark, toned, and a whirlwind of activity. His dark brown hair and dark chocolate eyes seemed at odds with the large white wings almost always slightly raised and outstretched, as if the angel would take flight any moment. The angel has proved a hassle…while others may have hard questions when they were younger, they had stopped asking them. Aym never learned to, and he was impulsive, asking the questions as they came to him. Has a reputation for pushing the boundaries, and always seems like he is skirting the edges of the carefully laid roads they are supposed to follow.

Eventually, Aym pushed too far. Broke one too many important rules. The actual events that led to his fall as something only Aym and the higher Angels who had passed judgement were privy to, but gossip is true even for angels, and most are certain it had something to do with his constant need to know everything. Aym hasn’t been seen close to six months, though messenger angels said they knew where he was, without tossing any actual helpful information into the air. It was well know he wasn't permitted back in Heaven, which left two alternatives.

Last edited by Kisu; 07-03-2018 at 06:33 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-03-2018, 06:50 PM

Lairen felt a wave of dizziness wash over him as he paused in front of the Seraph Temple. The recent confirmation to all his suspicions left him off balance in a way that even his pure white wings could not help him steady from. The best friend he loved and played with all his fledgling years had turned away from God. Made to fall, he had been thrust away from heaven and sent down to earth where all the fallen angels went. Although Aym vanished many months ago—and Lairen did suspect—as the other angel’s closest friend, it seemed he alone had been left in the dark. This morning confirmed it all though, the words straight from a messenger angel itself.

Sunlight danced in the perfect paradise that was heaven, making music ring in the trees. Lairen alone stood still with his wings and lilac colored hair dancing in the pleasant warm breeze. The question he needed answered was ‘why.’ After another few seconds, he felt steady enough to approach the ivory doors where he slipped inside and went to pray by the altar with the elder angels who knew far more about this world than he. Many others already knelt at the base of the steps leading up to a golden relic, both praying and seeking advice from the elders.

“Master,” Lairen murmured as he took his own spot next to the teacher he come in search for. In his fledgling years, the six-winged seraphim had guided him on all the angelic doctrines. If perhaps there were some leeway, some exception that could be found, then maybe he could bring back Aym. Although the older angel did not turn to him, Lairen knew that he had Assiah’s attention. “Could I trouble you for advice?”

“…About your friend who has fallen?” the angel answered with no prompting. Lairen hung his head that he should be so transparent, though Assiah was a master and he just a young angel who knew far less than he had thought. After all, only he did not expect things to turn out this way. They always said Aym was different and to stay away, but Lairen believed in him. He still did. So, after a second, he nodded his head in response. “The doctrine is clear. You can never meet with Aym again, lest you wish to fall as well." Assiah turned finally, his chestnut colored locks falling across his shoulder. "God's will for us is our existence. You cannot stray."

Lairen rose to his feet, an unreasonable feeling rising in he who was always so gentle, like the breeze. "But I must know why. What wrong did such a good angel commit!" Eyes turned and Lairen flushed, ashamed of himself. Still, he did not hesitate until his teacher silenced him with a single gesture.

"That is not for you to ask!" To hear a raised voice from an elder, Lairen knew he had spoken wrong. This wasn't like him at all, but nor was this like his friend, right? "Go to the inner sanctuary and pray about your misguidance, young angel! Pray that He might forgive!"

Pulling away, Lairen rushed back out the temple doors. He did not go to the sanctuary though. As wrong as it might be, he needed at least once to meet up with his friend and ask why. It didn't matter what the elders said. If anyone deserved a proper goodbye, it was him. Spreading his wings, Lairen flew down toward earth with just that intent in mind.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 07-03-2018, 08:29 PM

Earth really wasn’t so bad. The only huge downside was the angel’s purity. It cast a huge aura of one untainted being, although Aym’s case was a bit different. While mortals may feel happier in the presence of an angel, they couldn’t identify the being as an angel. Demons and other angels could, however. And it wasn’t as if Aym was actually trying to hide, despite how many had already found him from his aura. It filled the area in a three block radius. While there was purity, there was something underneath it that made the humans in the area antsy and jittery. He was on top of a small building, something built for their car repairs, and Aym didn’t even have a glimmer on, to protect him from any human that may be looking.

The brown haired male had been healing for the past six months, and honestly, it had taken a lot out of him. At home he had used the little light all angels had and his wings without a second thought. Becoming a fallen had changed that, for sure, but it wasn’t as easy as people made it sound. Stray from the path, oop, you can’t go home. He knew from experience other angels simply thought of it that way. The reality was much more painful. Aym’s deep brown eyes flickered to his wings. Tiny tendrils of black threaded through, barely noticeable, but from those grew a copious amount of grey, as if the black color had spilled in water and was slowly staining the angel’s wings.

Aym didn’t need to look to know the same was happening to his hair. The soft brown locks were stained at the roots of the hair. The coloring had started the moment his judgment was passed down to him. There had been something inside of him, and it had been taken at that moment. Since then, the black had visibly spread, starting at his chest, the veins turning dark under his skin. It showed itself in his eyes, in his hair, on his chest, and right there on his wings. A spreading, leaking, mark of shame.

He’d been sick then, vomiting, and terrified. Angels could eat, but usually didn’t, and the fact that he hadn’t eaten for hundreds of years had meant nothing, his body expelling something within. Aym pushed that thought away, unable to continue, and focused on other events. His flight feathers pulled out, making his wings throb for days after, and what had insured that his decent was quick and painful, not leaving the option of an attempt to return home. Even the bones of his wings had been shattered, but they had let the fall handle that, the impact had been so strong that any mere human would have been unrecognizable. The white feathered beauties had been held high and proud once, but now they lay limply against the roof. They were still tender, and it revealed itself in how Aym moved. The male stood, and the wings cautiously spread, keeping his balance, though they seemed stiff. He could heal faster than a human, and probably most demons. But his wings would always be a little off now. Even with the pain, however, Aym was grateful. It meant he still had them. Some angels had done so much wrong their wings were ripped from their backs.

Aym’s feathers fluffed as he watched the sky. He seemed to find something a false alarm and settled back down a moment later, splaying out in the sun.

Being Fallen wasn’t as bad as it could have been, actually. Other than the healing process, when he’d been left damaged and vulnerable, Aym had done alright. Demons mostly revered angels. The fallen, at least. It was a symbol of revolt, of chaos. Something going against what they stood for. They seemed to hold a basic disdain for a regular angel, and it was considered with high regard if a demon managed to capture an angel and keep them, but the fallen they were almost respectful to. It was a ton more fun than being an angel…that was for sure. Aym felt freer than he ever had. If it hadn’t of been for what he had left back home, Aym would have been perfectly content with his new life, and would have been back in the nightclub his newly made demon chums were chilling in, despite it being early afternoon.

And honestly, Aym had been on his way to join them, giving up hope for another day, when movement caught his eyes. Sure enough, an angel was descending. Aym squinted, but couldn’t make out if this was a known angel or not. The glimmer didn’t help, making the air shimmer and shift around the other celestial being. The fallen felt his heart thump, and smiled at the feeling. It had been a long while, and he’d even began to wonder if that is what had been taken from him.
Aym glanced at the figure once more, before stepping to the backpack he’d left in the shade. He tugged out a mirror. Even angels had little tricks they could use, after all, and there was no way his wings would carry him to the other form. Not to mention, there was always a chance that this one arriving wouldn’t be who Aym had been waiting for, or, even if it was, it was doubtful his old friend would even look his way now.

Shrugging off the doubt, Aym lifted the mirror, catching the light of the sun, and positioning it towards the descending angel, flickering light into the creature’s eyes to draw the attention of it to him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-09-2018, 04:22 PM

The air on Earth felt hazy and thick the second Lairen passed through the barrier between it and Heaven. He had little experience traveling below, having gone to Earth only once before for some practical lessons. He had no missions, so he'd had no reason to go. Technically, he still should not be doing this, but as his white wings got used to the air and allowed him to fly easier, he knew he had no reason of stopping. It wasn't like humans would see him and create a ruckus after all.

No sooner did Lairen think that than a light distracted his eye. Darting his gaze down, a figure stood out on a roof top, seeming to single him out quite surely. That couldn't be a human then. Lairen was still too far away to distinguish anything about the other individual, but his instincts screamed that this must be another creature like him, perhaps even an angel. Perhaps even...Aym? Lairen didn't want to let his hope get too high, but without even hesitating or thinking this might be a trap, he altered his course toward the rooftop. It was silly to hope he might find his goal so easily, but still he hoped. He didn't care if he was stupid or naive anymore, because as he got closer, he started to feel that all his suspicions were true.

Landing on the far side of the roof from the other individual, Lairen finally let out the gasp that he'd been holding in. "Aym. It really is you..." His wings fluttered, not quite settling against his back because he felt too on edge and anxious and excited to relax like he always did. The figure in front of him didn't look real. He really found Aym? Lairen tried to take a step forward, but hesitated at the last second, instead clenching his hands in the sleeves of his robes. "I...I had to see you, to know that it was real. You've...really become a f-fallen angel...?" he managed to whisper without once raising his eyes above the limp form of Aym's wings. Never once did he meet the other angel's eyes. This wasn't true was it? This wasn't true, wasn't true, couldn't be, wasn't, but it was. Lairen dropped his eyes back to the ground. He didn't even know how to talk to Aym right now. Maybe he shouldn't have come.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 07-10-2018, 02:31 AM

All the words that Aym had been practicing seem to fade the closer the angel got. Chocolate eyes watched intently, and relief flooded them when the angel was, indeed, Lairen. The other angel spoke, and Aym felt relief, because his carefully prepared speech was gone.

Lairen wouldn’t even look at him. Well, not his eyes. The angel seemed to hover there, and Aym felt his sore wings twitch under the scrutiny. Self conscious, Aym tried to raise them a little higher. There was a strain, and it ground into his shoulder blades, but they managed to lift an inch or so. They still didn’t look exactly right, but it was hard to explain, and Aym didn’t bother.

“I thought…well…I didn’t think you’d come. But, I hoped you would.” Aym stated simply. He wasn’t dressed in the simple robe now. His ears were pierced in multiple places, and various bands wove around his throat and his wrists. Some band was displayed on his tight shirt, and comfy jeans rested on his thighs. He shoved his hands into those jeans and kicked his boot against the roof awkwardly.

“Yeah.” Came Lairen’s answer, although it seemed to take a long while for Aym to answer, and the angel couldn’t look at the lilac haired boy when he did. “I have.”

Aym hesitated for a long while, the speech burning his tongue. Eventually, Aym pushed it away again, and sighed. He couldn’t drag Lairen down with him…literally. The strain on his shoulders became too much, and the wings drooped once again, the tips of them brushing the ground. “I…I’m glad you came. Despite the trouble. I wanted to see you again. Thank you.” Thoughts began flooding his mind, the same kind that had led to Aym’s downfall in the first place. “I…” Aym faltered. Lairen was a great angel. When they had first become friends, they had been alike, but Lairen, like other angels, had grown out of the questioning phase. He’d done what he needed to, answered how he was supposed to.

A pale hand moved through Aym’s brown locks and he sighed, “I’m…I’m sorry Lairen. I didn’t mean to…I…I promise. This…it just happened. Before I knew it. I’m so sorry. I didn’t want to leave...” More words were stifled, and the fallen went back to staring at the ground.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-11-2018, 06:22 PM

Lairen didn't understand how Aym thought he might not come. It was impossible for him not to, even if he shouldn't and it was forbidden and even now, he looked anxiously toward heaven because he was sure someone up there knew he'd done something bad in coming here. They probably knew the second he made the decision to come. "I..." But the words got stuck in his throat and he ended up not having the chance or the ability to interrupt Aym until the very end.

"S-sorry," Lairen choked out, not even sure why he was. "This, no...how is it possible? I know sometimes you were a little different, but you were always good!" he cried out, unable to stop himself from stepping closer, his eyes finally meeting those of his friend. One hand lifted, wanting desperately to grasp hold of Aym, but stopping short. He didn't drop it though, just kept reaching out without being able to do a thing. "I know you were, that you are good. I should know you better than anyone else. I...I don't know what I'm going to do without you..."

But did he know Aym the best? The naggling thought echoed in Lairen's eye as he stared at the now fallen angel who had dropped his gaze to the ground. The question that had burned into him the entire way here now sat lodged in his throat. Lairen realized he was afraid to know why. He was afraid. Afraid that if Aym kept talking, he would realize he never knew his best friend at all. And that, more than the fact that heaven and earth had torn them apart, would hurt the most.

Finally, Lairen dropped his gaze back to the ground as well. "...Aym, I don't know what I should do."

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 07-12-2018, 12:54 AM

“Why?” Retorted Aym, some of his old sass coming back. He didn’t have the qualms Lairen did, and reached out his own hand to intertwine their fingers. He gave Lairen a wry grin, and shrugged. “It’s not your…” He fell quiet. It kinda was Lairen’s fault. But it was nothing the other angel had done, and if Aym shared that thought, it would weigh heavily on him. Aym rethought the words he’d been about to say. “There’s nothing you could have done. Really, it’s alright. I…I belong…like this. I didn’t belong there. You knew it. They all knew it.”

“Good is only part of an angel Lairen. You know the rules.” He finally brought his eyes up to meet Lairen’s. “You did and do know me better than anyone.” It was true. Aym was rather private with most. “And you will do what you’ve always done, Lairen…you’ll go back, and go along like you’ve always done.” What other choice did the angel have? Fall with him? No. There was no way Aym would let him go through that pain, or the changes he was going through. Lairen was far above him. He didn’t deserve any of that.

Lairen’s question was written on his face, but Aym didn’t have the heart to tell the angel the truth. “I broke a rule.” He stated simply, glancing away again. “Didn’t mean to. Didn’t even think about it. But, I did. And…I guess it was a big one. Story of my life, huh?” His feathers ruffled, and Aym gave a chuckle.

After Lairen finished speaking and paused, Aym gazed at him sadly for a long while. He sighed, and stepped closer, raising their hands between them. “I have a lot of trouble flying right now. But I should be able to soon enough. You can’t come here again. But…I’ll come there. Tell me a place, give me a time, and I’ll come and see you.” Aym didn’t mention how terrified he was. There was a good reason that the angels who had fallen and gotten to keep their wings hadn’t returned. They would be risking them each time. If he was caught sneaking back up, he would certainly lose them. “But.” Aym hesitated, and took a deep breath, before continuing. “But, during the time before I come…I want you to do what you’ve always done. And I want you to try and forget me, for your sake…alright?”

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2018, 03:00 AM

Even though he knew it shouldn't, warmth spread through Lairen at the touch of Aym's hand in his. How could the other man so easily do what he could not? But then, they were always like that, Aym always the one who could act more freely without thinking about the rules so deeply ingrained in his own head. "Even if you belong here, I don't like it," he finally admitted after a second, staring his eyes right into Aym's, trying to show just how much this hurt. Not that it was Aym exactly who hurt him, but the world. The cruel universe conspired against them and that hurt Lairen in a way he didn't expect.

"I really didn't want things to turn out this way. I'll miss you, even if you don't hate this as much as I do. I...I really hope that you would m-miss me too?" The words came out as a question. Lairen couldn't hide his hesitation as he shook his head again, wanting to deny Aym's words. He wanted to deny that he would and should move on. That he shouldn't return here. That he should forget. Forget? That was one thing that he couldn't do no matter how much Aym asked.

Suddenly filled with conviction, he grasped Aym's other hand, squeezing them both tight. "I absolutely won't try to forget you! You are and always will be my best friend! Aym, you shouldn't try to fly up again. W-what if you get your wings torn off? Or you fall even farther than before? It's too dangerous. It would be better for me to meet you down on earth! I'll...start taking missions or something. I can find a reason to be here. I just...don't want this to be the last time we see each other. He couldn't live on if it was. He thought that, but in the back of his mind, he knew that he could and that he would. It just felt like too much and he'd be sad. Shouldn't that count for something? An angel should proclaim joy. So what if his joy belonged with Aym.

"It will all work out, okay?" he added at the barest of whispers, not sure if he believed his words. But he had to try. For himself. For Aym.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 08-19-2018, 05:26 PM

“I don’t either…” Aym admitted with a grin. Earth was great, and he really did like it, but it was missing certain things. Those things would make it so this place would never be a home. “I miss you all the time.” The fallen’s voice dropped at the admission, and he eyed Lairen with a strange look.

Then the other angel was clinging his hand, and Aym forced his mind back on track. He listened quietly, but a bit sadly. He doubted anyone would let Lairen take missions to Earth, especially not with Aym falling so soon. But, if he was going to hope, Aym wasn’t about to take it away from the boy. Instead he smiled, and squeezed his hand. “I’ll be here at the same time every day…if you are able to come. It will work out.”

Unable to help himself, Aym dropped Lairen’s hands, tossing his arms around the pale haired boy’s neck, tugging him close. He hugged him tightly, and reluctantly released Lairen. “Be safe…okay?”

(Sorry it's taken so long! 0.0')