View Poll Results: Why Do You RP?
I like to be creative. 31 39.74%
I just like having fun. 33 42.31%
What? I don't RP?! (WHY ARE YOU IN RP FORUM THEN?!) 5 6.41%
Other. (Tell me in a post :P) 9 11.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Hiqui Comore

Old 10-01-2015, 05:14 AM

I love roleplaying because it relieves me of stress and gives me a chance to stress about something else. Also, it gives me a chance to improve my writing skills, as I'm not that skilled in writing paragraphs in a roleplay. Hopefully, I'll change that.

m1dn1ght_s3cr3ts

Old 11-19-2015, 01:16 AM

For me, I had trouble in my early teens with real life, so I started to role play to kind of escape. It took me away from reality and brought me to a world I could create on my own, and create someone I wanted to be.
Add other people, and it kind of became my life for a little while lol. I don't role play as often, but I do come online once every other day or so. I'm still kind of in that "escape real life" mode when I come online; with two jobs, living at my boyfriends parents place and not really having the support financially from my boyfriend currently, I like jumping into character and being someone else. Living another life kinda thing.

Last edited by m1dn1ght_s3cr3ts; 11-19-2015 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: mispelling a word

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-29-2015, 08:33 PM

I like role playing because it is sort of like writing a story, but you collaborate on it with other people! So the storyline can go in directions you never even thought of!

ArachnidBadkid
My Avatar Looks Angrier Than I T...

Old 01-02-2016, 08:45 AM

Roleplaying is fun because it gives me an opportunity to flesh out characters, universes, and ideas while improving my ability as a writer. Also, what's more fun than storytelling? Especially when you get to develop relationships with other artists and their universes!

luna ma iktori

Old 01-03-2016, 10:43 AM

I used to imagine all sorts of scenarios with my figurines when i was younger and sometimes once in a while I'd do it now and then and then of course sometimes I get an idea or thought of some sort and write it down but for me, why I roleplay is because it is pretty much fun so long as it's not an emotional thing.

I mostly come up with an idea just by writing names down so it's a lot easier for me to roleplay any character i can come up with. I'll just vision it in my head and think of what they would say if i was them.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-27-2016, 07:11 AM

For me, its part having fun, mostly being creative, and also a third option, of helping my writing with the story involving my ORPC.

I find if I RP with the character, then I start thinking about all the things I need to figure out in my own head about him. Back story, motivations, desires, etc. So as I'm RPing as him, I'll think "In this situation, he wants XYZ to happen for ABC reasons..." and then it will cascade into other situations I'm a little stuck writing on and what he'd be likely to do and why.

Selki Seven
Sweet Tooth Extraordinaire ~a...

Old 04-10-2016, 04:37 PM

I role play because I like to have fun and be creative, but it's a lot more than that. I have trouble reading enough as it is, so having a long book, it is difficult to get through a book and not feel frustrated. However, because a role play is formatted a bit differently, they are easier to get into and understand. Not only that, but I have feedback from my partner in case I get confused. I can't very well just... call up the author of a book and be like, "Ey, mate, what are you on about on page 12 of Untitled?"

Aside from that, my brain is typically always rushing. It isn't quiet except for two reasons. One, I am meditating and floating in water. My mind is silent then. Or two... when I am immersed into a character, or multiple. Writing allows me to focus my best, when coupled with the right music and company, and even lets me stay creative. Writing is the one thing I am really good at, that I am semi-confident in my skills. I'm by no means great, but... I'm not a shoddy writer either.