PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 PM

She waited and listened. It did make sense in a way. Faline was afraid of losing the wonderful bond she had just gained, and in that way she was afraid of losing Farron. Like a child with a favorite toy, she didn't want to let the dragon out of her sight. The young woman relaxed visibly as Farron entered the room. "Yes please! This is embarrassing though, but I really don't feel comfortable without you around." The brunette moved nearer to the wall, unsure whether or not she wanted to share the bed with Farron. It was his, and he was in his human form, which made things slightly difficult in her mind.

0ri0n83
Is your light going to guide me?
Send a message via AIM to 0ri0n83

Old 06-23-2011, 02:59 AM

Farron chuckled a little bit as he settled himself on the bed that she was in. "Very well," said Farron. He could see her contemplating on where he was going to go. He was in his human form, and if they shared the bed it might seem like they really were a couple. They were bonded, but they weren't a couple. "It's alright," said Farron. "I can stay and sleep on the floor if you want me to. If that would make you feel more comfortable."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-23-2011, 10:24 AM

After contemplating the situation, Faline nodded. "That would be alright, but if you'd rather have the bed I could sleep on the floor." It wouldn't bother her at all to sleep on the floor. It would just make the whole situation like a sleep over. A smile flitted across her face at the thought. Moving again, the young woman placed her bare feet on the floor. "This brings up a question, do you have anyone that you're courting right now? I wouldn't want to give them the wrong idea, or keep you away from them for too long..." Funnily enough, Farron's arrival had woken her up completely.

0ri0n83

Old 06-24-2011, 04:10 AM

Farron listened to the other person in the room as he nodded his head. She had a point. He should take the bed since he was doing the majority of the work tomorrow with flying and all, but it didn't make him feel any better. "Well I guess if you are insistent about wanting to stay on the floor. You could sleep while I fly tomorrow. It's going to be pretty boring," said Farron as he went to lay down on the bed. "That reminds me before we leave for our journey, we have to go to the academy. It's about 20 miles from here, we should be there in no time. Once we get there we are going to go to the blacksmith and request a saddle to be made. You will not be riding bear back on me anymore. It's not safe. You also don't have to sleep on the ground." He knew that Faline would probably feel uncomfortable sharing a bed with him, but he felt like a bad host if he made her sleep on the floor.

He glanced at her and chuckled a little bit when he heard the female ask if he was courting anyone. Laughing a little bit he looked at her and said,"It's forbidden. It might be old fashioned, but if you become bonded then you are not allowed to court with other dragons or people."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-24-2011, 08:59 PM

All the dragon's words sent her thoughts whirling. "Well, do I have any say in what kind of saddle I want? Something with safety straps preferably. Not that I don't trust you, it's simply the fact that I don't trust myself." A surprised look crossed Faline's face as Farron lay down on the bed. The young woman looked from him to the ground and tried to think of which would be better. There wasn't very much room on the bed, and if she lay down there was no doubt the two of them would end up in a strange situation. Then again... Nervously, the young woman lay down and adjusted her dress. She was pushed completely against the wall in an effort not to touch Farron in anyway.

Though worries of that disappeared at his last words. "So basically, you're mated to me. Though it isn't so for me. That doesn't seem fair." It sent her heart racing to think of the fact that this silver dragon was all hers. Faline couldn't quite come to terms with the fact that the young man beside her was the same as the dragon. If only the eyes had been the same... Huge silvery orbs which seemed to draw her in without a thought, and made the young woman wonder things which never should have crossed her mind. Her eyes drifted closed, and she was unaware that with sleep the barriers stopping Farron from hearing all her thoughts had disappeared.

0ri0n83

Old 06-25-2011, 04:40 AM

Farron felt the bed dip down a little bit when he felt Faline sit down on the bed. "You do choose the saddle. You choose a basic shape and then go from there. Safety straps," said Farron as he looked at her. He knew that his eyes probably unnerved her a little bit, he could change it with a little glamour magic to something of her liking, but right now he really didn't care. "I understand," said Farron. "You can get those as well." He listened to Faline and faltered a little bit. It was true that he was in "mated" to her. He couldn't choose another life mate, so he might as well have been mated to the human girl. "It might not be fair, but those are our rules and our laws," said Farron a bit forlornly. He watched as Faline went to lay on the bed as well and close her eyes. He felt the connection that they shared break since she was asleep. Turning the lights in the room off he curled his body closer to himself so that he was smaller on the bed so that Faline had more room on the bed to move around as he fell into a deep sleep.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-29-2011, 01:31 AM

Reassured by his words, the young woman smiled. It rankled that he would never have a family because of her, and yet Faline found herself to be glad. Her eyes fluttered closed. It wasn't long before Faline drifted off into a comfortable sleep. Unaware within her dreams, the young woman moved so that she was curled tightly beside her dragon. Her arms were flung around him, seeking the warmth he offered.

Grey eyes drowsy with sleep, she struggled to wake. A soft sound escaped her. Faline did not move, not quite aware of how she was pressed up against Farron. The young woman was half asleep, and still thought she was dreaming . It was that place between dream and reality, that one clings to when waking. Her mind was firmly intent on remaining there.

((Won't be able to post much this week.))

0ri0n83

Old 06-29-2011, 03:24 AM

((That's fine, it happens :) )).

Farron slept peacefully for the rest of his night. His dreams were very peaceful, and he felt like he was floating on clouds. He was having dreams about being with Faline forever. He knew that he could never be with her, but he wanted to be.

Opening his eyes he looked around. He heard his mother and sisters already up and running about. His two sisters, twins, were going to hopefully get partners in the next few years. He wanted his sisters to be happy. Looking down he noticed that his arms were around Faline, and he immediately removed them from her still sleeping form. He wasn't allowed to do this kind of thing. It was forbidden by the high council to fall in love with the rider.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 PM

A soft sound escaped Faline as she finally awoke. Moving and shifting, her eyes shot open at the feel of someone beside her. At first, panic was foremost in the young woman's mind until she remembered. Sitting up, a small smile flitted across her features. "Hey Farron, sleep well?" Faline tried to scramble off the bed without disturbing Farron and sat down on the floor. Without further ado, she began stretching vigorously.

The council would have to be questioned about that strange magical mixture of hers... Then it was to the blacksmith or leather worker for a saddle. Then the newly partnered pair would leave for that long journey to the mountains. Faline was looking forward to the adventures which would happen. "Are you as excited about this as I am?" The thought was sent with a certain rush of emotions, all positive ones.

0ri0n83

Old 07-01-2011, 04:25 AM

Glancing over he saw that Faline was up and about already. He raised an eyebrow though as he saw her begin to go through a vigourous regiment of stretching. "I did sleep well. Did you sleep well?" asked Farron as he joined her on the floor and began stretching as well. He didn't really do this at all, but he decided that the last thing that he needed to happen was for him to get a cramp while they were flying. "So the agenda for the day is that first we need to go to the council and figure out about your magic, and then we need to go into town and find a saddle maker. The saddle will probably take a day or two to make, so we can't leave right away like we had hoped." Farron actually felt a little foolish that he hadn't thought of that beforehand. The blacksmiths and leather workers would be really busy with all of the paired dragon. "I guess this gives you a chance to say your good byes, and gather anything that you want to bring with you when we go the training camp."

Getting off of the floor he stretched again as he yawned, and then walked out of the room towards the kitchen. "Mom is making breakfast. We can eat before we leave."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-03-2011, 04:57 PM

Finishing her own stretches, the young woman leaped up. Catching a glimpse of herself in a hallway mirror, Faline groaned inwardly. Every inch of hair was fuzzed up in a horrible mess. Without further ado, she went to find a bathroom and cleaned herself up as best she could considering the circumstances. That done, Faline wandered into the kitchen after Farron. Seeing pancakes, she smiled and went to taste some of them after sitting down. They were fluffy and golden, with just a little crunch. "These are delicious!" Faline stated happily.

Turning to Farron, the young woman tilted her head to the side. "I've been living alone for a little while, so all I'll need to do is pack some things. After we go see the council. I am really curious about what my magic is..." She kept wondering if it was something horribly useless. Then again, she rather thought Farron would have told her if that was the case.

0ri0n83

Old 07-03-2011, 10:36 PM

Walking into the kitchen he sat down at the table after he said good morning to his mother and two sisters. His sisters had already been up rather early, as was his mother as well, so they could get breakfast ready for him and Faline. He watched as his mother placed a plate of pancakes, butter, and syrup down onto the table. He helped himself to some and then handed the plate off to Faline who took some as well. He began putting butter and syrup on his and then took a quick bite as he heard Faline exclaim that the food was delicious. He smiled at that. His mother was famous, at least in his eyes, for her cooking. Taking another bite he relished the taste of his mother's cooking. He knew that this was probably going to be the last time he was going to taste this, at least for a long time.

He listened the Faline say that she had very few things to gather and he nodded at that. That meant that they would need to find somewhere to stay for the few days that it would take to make the saddle. "Alright," said Farron. "Then we can stop there before we place the order for the saddle. Then we need to find somewhere for us to stay. The people that run the inns always let dragons and dragon riders stay for free." He thought for a moment and then he added,"Also, while we are in town don't tell anyone that I can turn into a human. Only the elders of the council, you, and my family know this."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-04-2011, 01:22 AM

Finishing her pancakes, and thanking her dragon's mother, Faline stood and went to stand at the cave entrance. It was a strange type of thing, this home within the caves. In the back of her mind, Faline was beginning to suspect that dragon's turning into humans weren't as common as Farron wanted her to believe. Shaking the thought away, the young woman started thinking of what she would need. The list was a short one, because overburdening Farron wasn't in any of the plans.

"I won't tell anyone, and we better get going if we want to get everything done." Sending the instructions to her home mentally, the young woman smiled. It was a rather lovely little place on the outskirts of the city. The tree was the actual home, and Faline loved it. Beauty and peace lived hand in hand, exuding from the place. Only a few other trees were such homes, remnants of when elves had lived in the area.

0ri0n83

Old 07-05-2011, 02:01 AM

Farron finished the rest of his meal. He was glad that Faline had given him the space that he needed to say goodbye to his mother and two sisters properly. He even cried a little bit as he and his mother hugged goodbye. He knew that he would see them again, but he didn't know when. Farron concentrated on the images that Faline was projected to him, and he nodded knowing exactly where he was going. Saying goodbye to his mother again he went over to the entrance of the cave and closed his eyes as he concentrated as he turned into his dragon form again.

He knew that he would drop Faline off at her house, and then wait for her to finish before they would make their way to go and order his new saddle. Bending down he waited for Faline to clamber up onto his back.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-06-2011, 12:00 AM

After Farron joined her, Faline clambered onto his back. She was beginning to actually look forward to their flights now. Though with any other dragon she would have been terrified. As they flew towards her home, Faline wondered a little about what the council meeting might bring forth. Fear gripped her, even as she climbed off Farron and went to gather her things. It didn't take very long as she shoved clothing into a canvas bag. With that done, the brunette went to meet Farron once more. >To the council then?" Faline asked before going to climb once more onto the silver dragon's back. She avoided his eyes so as not to be mesmerized.

0ri0n83

Old 07-07-2011, 09:09 PM

((Sorry for the late update. I have been really busy with job interviews. So sorry again.))

Farron waited until Faline clambered onto his back, and once she was there he stood up and wandering towards the edge of the sheer cliff where they were. "Hold on tight," mind spoke Farron as he flexed his wings a little bit as he jumped off of the side and rode an air pocket towards Faline's house. Once he was there he landed and laid down waiting for her to gather the needed things from her house. He watched as she came running out of the house, and then he waited for her to get back on his back.

Taking flight again they made their way towards the council hall where his elders were. He had not been there in such a long time. It had been at least 3 years since then. As he saw the high pillars of the building come over the horizon he slowed his wing beats a little bit to slow down. Landing in the front again he knelt down so that Faline could clamber off of his back. "Don't be afraid here. Dragons, here, don't think very highly of humans so stay with me at all times." It was true that over 2,000 years ago there was a war between humans and dragons, which ended when the original dragon riders stopped the fighting, but that didn't mean that there were still dragons, and humans, that didn't like the union.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-10-2011, 12:15 AM

Faline nodded silently. Climbing off the back of the silver dragon, she tried to remain calm. Reminding herself of why she was there, the young woman stepped forward a few paces. The place was huge! Fluted columns of ivory colors surrounded them as they walked forward. There weren't any ceramics on the floor, but it was a huge cavern. Not just one, but many interconnecting sections. "Hopefully they won't say anything is wrong with me..." Faline stated as they walked. One of her hands was plastered upon Farron's scales as they walked. She was terrified of getting lost.

0ri0n83

Old 07-10-2011, 09:43 PM

Farron decided that he wasn't going to change into his human form because he knew that a lot of the dragons here thought that dragons were the ultimate species, and to lower yourself to even assuming the appearance of a human was degrading to all dragon kind was a very grievous act. The elders knew that he could change into a human, but he still wanted to hold the appearance of a dragon especially if the elders decided that Faline wasn't worthy to be his rider. He wanted to be able to protect her at all costs. Walking through the hallways he took a turn and walked down to a double set of heavy oaken doors. There were two dragons stationed there adorned in glistening gold colored armor."State your business, human," said one of the dragons as they stiffened a little bit. Farron wanted to answer for her, but he hadn't been addressed so he just stayed silent next to her. "Don't worry. They are all brawn and talk. They won't hurt you."