Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 02-20-2014, 09:20 PM

Finally taking in what Amory was wearing Don Carpi raised an eyebrow and slowly walked around Amory. "With this new look, the doors will be bursting down in hours. so tell me whose handiwork is this?" he waved his pipe up and down indicating the suit and hair that Sam had done up. "I know that Aneta's eye is not this good so it could not have been her." he sounded pleases as well as surprised by what he saw. his smile had become a sly knowing look as he watched Amory. "did you find your self a lady last night that you wished to impress." out of all the men there the don never accepted the rumor that Amory only slept with men. in his mind there was no way a young man as hansom as Amory could lay with another man. all the women had to have been throwing themselves at his feet.

Back in the room Steven looked over Sam and sighed. "alright but it is on your head if he cant preform right with you here." turning he walked out of the room leaving Sam to lay acrossed the chair he had landed in. it was not completely a chair, it was built more like a fainting couch but for its short length. closing he eyes Sam wondered if Amory would actually be able to preform tonight or if he would throw his singing off. to him Amory seemed like one of those men that needed to know what was happening with the ones they were worried about and if Sam was at his house he would be worried with no way of checking in on him. No it was better if he stayed here, as it was if he had the meat to take down the swelling then he would be fine, other then smelling a bit meaty.

Sam must have fallen asleep for the next thing he knew was the door reopening and Steven coming back in with a slab of meat that would cover most of his face if he was not careful. "got what I could, it was a bit more then it should have been but then the guy knows who we work for." gently laying the piece of meat on Sams face Steven looked him over once more shaking his head and then walked back out of the room. Sam could still feel the key and note in his hand as he held the slab of meat to his face. Sam would have to think of something soon or he was going to be sleeping a few days and having to act like he was in pain if he was to be staying with Amory.

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 02-25-2014, 01:42 AM

At the mention of his outfit, Amory's smile only broadened. Standing up a little straighter and adjusting the neck of his suit jacket under the weight of the don's gaze, he thought immediately back to Sam. Sam and his shiner. His smile dimmed just a tad, but ultimately, he knew that Carpi taking note of his handiwork would mean good things for him. It also means that he will have a more stable position here. Contented with his train of thought, Amory cleared his voice a little as he remembered the question. "This is the work of a new fella. Sam, I believe," he spoke casually, then strategically wedging in the words he promised earlier, "Poor chap's working in a corner of Aneta's space right now. Seems to know what he's doing though, right?" He spoke casually, complimenting Sam without wishing to come off as if he knew him well, especially in light of recent rumors. To aid that cause, he then grinned slyly as he spun something based off of Carpi's mention of a woman. "Probably won't hurt my relations with the ladies, either," he jested, then chuckling a bit.

His conversation with the Don ended with Carpi's granting of permission to move Sam's work into Amory's dressing room. Though, with how Amory had the phrasing set up, it ended up seeming to be more of Don Carpi's own suggestion. As the two men parted from speaking, the Don called out the stage manager to see that this was fulfilled, his eager spirit leading his loud voice to echo as he called the man in. Smiling, Amory sat back up on the stool, humming, as rehearsal came and went. The rest of his night went rather smoothly. He played the opening number this time, followed by two songs, and was whisked off by the Don during the quick break he got between his sets. More meeting face, selling his name. The outfit put him in a better mood than he had anticipated, and it seemed to have something of a reaction from the crowd as well. Amory looked smooth, professional, and he felt it too.

After his last set, he would say a sweet, quick goodbye to the crowd before slipping off of the stage and letting out a relaxed sigh. He usually lingered there, but tonight he had someone else on his mind. I've left Sam alone for quite a while... With the night at the speak easy coming to a slow close, he slithered back through the small crowd back stage and into his dressing room, eager to see how the man had fared.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-25-2014, 02:40 AM

it was only a little while later when he heard her voice and the sound of people moving stuff. Steven lead the small group of stage hands that were carrying in the racks of men's clothes and being fallowed by a rad faced Aneta. Sam only had a moment to pull the meat off his face and wipe the little bit of blood from his face as he sat up. "so I take it this is your doing?" Sams stunned look at all the clothes that were being brought in she must have confused with surprise at having it done at all that she humped and then sighed. "well looks like some one liked your 'work'. just dont go braking any hearts with who every your sleeping with. I don't need to deal with ether the Don or Amory heart broken." with that she turned away from commotion and disappeared down the hall.

"Sorry about her," Steven bent down to look at Sam's less then puffy eye. "hay your shiner is looking a lot better, never knew that the meat would work that well." looking back at the army of stage hands he sighed as the last of them dropped half of the clothes he had brought on the floor. "hay! you going to be the one to pay for those?" the man's eyes went wide as he slowly backed up towards the door. smiling a sad 'I am sorry' smile he chased the rest of the men out of the room, leaving behind a list of all the items that had been moved.

Standing Sam looked over the paper and set to work on arraigning the room to fit all the clothes that Aneta had dumped on him. some of them looked like the moths had been eating them for a while before she remembered them and that it would only add to his confusion. it took most of the night to check off each and every one of the items she had sent along with noting down the condition he had received them in. the sound of Amory's voice a soft constant distraction as he worked. his eye was no longer swollen when Amory entered the room hours later.

When Sam had set out to make room in the room for all the new stuff he had found that a false wall had been put up and then forgotten. after talking with the Don he had started to set it up for a changing room so that Amory and Sam could never have any one walk in on them as he dressed him. using one of the long capes that had been untouched by the moths that had eaten the rest of the costumes, for a curtain Sam smiled at his work. the doorway to the changing room was just off to the right of the main door, where the hat rack had been. he had moved the hack rack behind the main door as it did not need to be there to beat a person in the face as they entered. against the false wall was Amory's dressing tables with a small couch on the wall acrossed from the main door created a space for some one to sit and talk to him. all to the left of the main door was Sams domain. racks sat at an angel so that he could move between them and hide yet had easy access to harm some one if he needed to.

He was laying on the couch, which he had traded out for the two chairs that just did not work for a nap, when the door opened. the smell of meat was faint and Sam had cleared out all other proof of it being there. stage hand Steven would have meat tonight or tomorrow for dinner. turning his head to look at the door Sam smiled then pointed. fallowing his fingers Amory would see his clothes folded and ready for him to get dressed in. "I did what I could for now, but I am really tired and would like to head out from here soon if you don't mind. I did not want to be alone at your home. Steven did not seem to mind keeping an eye on my and sending in his extra hands when he could."

Arc Angel

Old 02-25-2014, 09:31 PM

Seeing Sam immediately, lounging on a couch Amory hadn't seen before, he let a grin and some relief wash over his features. He hadn't chosen to follow his instructions, sure, but Amory didn't blame him. He had decent enough reasoning. It was probably pretty strange that I even made the suggestion. Blushing with a bit of embarrassment at that thought, he let his gaze follow Sam's fingers towards where his clothes were folded. One of his hands scratching his cheek gently, shyly, he cleared his throat a little. "Right. We can head out in a few, I'll change quick and we can head out. That stage manager shouldn't need nothin' else tonight." He spoke casually enough, though a tad quicker than he probably meant to. Gaze averting Sam, for a measure against his temporary bout of shyness, he made his way carefully into the room.

Walking to where his clothes were, he picked them up and made his way behind the make-shift curtain that the other had hung up, pausing before it once before smiling. "It looks great in here by the way, you brought it some class." He complimented, enjoying the little touches Sam had added, and assuming that Carpi had allowed him to do what he had in there. Relief again surfaced as he turned and allowed himself to look at Sam once more, the flush of embarrassment from moments earlier now gone. "That shiner of yours looks a lot better too, glad to see it," he added with a nod, then remembered that the other was wishing to leave. Slipping past the curtain, he would change back into his street clothes, still buttoning up his vest as he walked back out to grab his coat and top his head with his fedora right away. Then grabbing the slip of paper he had written on earlier, he gave it a little toss into the trash and slipped the key he had tried giving to Sam into his jacket pocket.

Turning to Sam with a smile, he asked, "Ya ready to go?" It felt weird to say, mostly because he had never had anyone accompany back home after work. He would walk out with a woman sometimes, in order to help his image as of late, but he always said a sweet goodbye to her before actually heading home. Amory was used to keeping to himself, more than anything. The idea of having another staying at his apartment was new, and strange, and quite frankly the idea of that person being Sam stirred some thoughts he needed to conquer. He's attractive, but could only bring me nothing but more trouble.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-25-2014, 10:13 PM

Sam watched as Amory acted shy as he tried to hide his embarrassment about what he had done earlier. He nodded knowing that the stage manager would be dealing with the rest of the stage hands and not even thinking about Amory and his performance that had kept the drinks flowing and the people moving. "I really dont think he will have anything he needs to talk to you about tonight, tomorrow when you come back in maybe, but not tonight. all he will be thinking of tonight is getting home and enjoying whatever he has planed for himself." slowly pushing himself up from the couch he walked over to help Amory with the clothes.

"I dont think I brought much class in here. just found out that there was that false wall and thought that you might want a small place to get dressed in so no one would see us as we get you dressed. less likely to have some one come in and think something is going on." holding out his hand he took the jacket as Amory walked into the dressing room. "I know that there are rumors about you and your old don, just thought it might be best if we made it clear that you and I were not..." he let the thought fall as he leaned on the False wall waiting for Amory to come back out with the clothes. he could feel a small place in him that hurt at the thought of never being close to this man.

taking the rest of the clothes after Amory was done changing he moved slowly the ribs still paining him, to hang up the rest of the suit. "just let me check these over before we go. I dont want her coming in here and finding a problem with anything. she saw me you know, shiner and all." a finger brushed his shiner as he thought of Aneta and all the stage hands that had seen him. there was going to be talk when the came back in the morning. but the talk was not going to be about how he had moved into Amory's stage room, no it was going to be about how he seemed to heal fast. closing his eyes he leaned his head on the rack of clothes and sighed. it had been such a long time since he had been around a man that did this to him. he was ready to give up the world for Amory, and he did not even know who Sam really was.

turning and smiling Sam nodded and took a step forward only to stop and turn back. the clatter of the suit falling to the ground filling the room with sound. "sorry, must have not seen it clearly." bending down he winced as his ribs scrapped each other. "we should go." his voice hinted at the pain, then it was gone as he placed the hanger and the suit back up on the rack. turning he smiled again and walked forward. "to your house."

Arc Angel

Old 03-03-2014, 07:30 AM

As his compliment was deflected, and explained in a more practical manner, Amory blushed. So no one would think anything was going on. Of course! It is a man helping me put on my clothes. His innards stirred a little at that thought as he felt the brush of Sam's hands and arms as he assisted him in dressing. That is all this is. Stop it. Clearing his throat a little once he finished changing fully, he turned himself away from the other to gather his things. "I'd still argue that there's style to the way you put things together here. Who would've thunk to put a couch there?" He casually insisted, but left the conversation there. At the idea of not wishing anyone to suspect something of them, he cringed away from it; his brain was flying the red flag to alert Amory's defenses. He didn't need any more rumors, nor for Sam to believe that he did.

Despite this, as he heard that Aneta had seen Sam's shiner, he cringed. Then she knows I tried to hide this for him. She would assume that's why I holed him away with Steven. Shaking his head a little, he instead threw away those thoughts as he turned to look at him with a half-hearted grin. "That's no good. That gossipy gal will be all over with that news..." He commented, already feeling sorry for Sam as he took the moment to sit down so the other could do as he said and return the clothing. Perching on the stool before the mirror, the songbird as about to take to humming when a clatter interrupted the quiet.

Standing, Amory looked over at Sam, brows furrowed just a bit. "You sure you don't need more fixin' up? You don't look so hot," he commented, noting the pain in the other as he walked over to hold the door for him. If anything else, it's best we get back quickly. I'll catch a cab for us tonight. As the thoughts of the prior night, and the man he had a run-in with on the way home washed over him, he got a bit of a shiver. I don't want any mobsters causing problems again, either. I don't know if that hit on me carried on to the next guy. Sighing and running a hand up through his hair, he would lead Sam down the back hall and into the alley he typically exited from. From there, heading out to the street, he'd hail a cab for the two of them for the ride back to his apartment.

Lunna Dea

Old 03-03-2014, 10:41 AM

"thank you, I just thought that a couch for a lay down after dealing with some of the don's friends might be the best thing for in here." he smiled sheepishly. "and maybe there was a selfish motive as well to it. I was not doing well in the chair that I was in when you left. the couch was the better place for me to lay down. it would only have hurt more if I had laid down on the floor. so again thank you." he liked to think that Amory liked what he had provided something perfect to the place. when he cringed Sam could guess what had set that off. well if some one does start that rumor up they are going to come to a very sticky end. he smiled at the thought.

"better she be talking about my shiner and how quickly I seem to heal then for her to be talking about how quickly I moved in here." he said as he sighed at the look of the outfit. he would have to wash it in the next few days or the don was going to stat wondering why his star was smelling like he never bathed. there was no way that any man that Sam was taking care of was going to end up smelling like an unwashed hobo. he wondered if Amory would mind if he took a look at his closet and what he had there. if he had some clothes that they could mix in with the stage outfits it would cut down on time that they had to spend making him look good.

"yes I am sure." Sam sighed at the dead giveaway his body was being with the pain. did his body really have to do this to him today? "I have had worse and I dont think they will be coming back. I just hope that my rescuer is ok to. maybe one day I will be able to thank the man that saved me." fallowing Amory out of the room he sighed. the pain seemed to be only effecting him when he was moving from bent down to standing and when he went from seated to standing. maybe he would have to ask for Amory's help to wrap his ribs before he went to sleep but he did not mind, he only hoped that the young songbird would not mind as well. as they walked through the back hall the stage hands that saw them would tell Amory how well he did out there that night and how they were looking forward to his performance tomorrow. Sam disappeared into the shadows as he watched the man thank them and move on. this was the type of interaction he had expected the night before in the club. he was caught up in his own thoughts as they left the back door that he did not realize Amory plans until the cab stopped in front of them. "You really dont have to get a cab for me, we can walk."

Arc Angel

Old 08-31-2014, 03:58 PM

Amory chuckled at the other's new seeming sheepishness, glad he at least accepted the compliment for procuring a couch. Whether or not it had been a selfish endeavor, he was fond of the idea of having more sitting space involved in the room. Shrugging, he returned the other's smile. "Selfish or not, it'll be nice to have comfortable seating in 'ere," he replied thoughtfully, though he didn't often have visitors. If he did, they were indeed his don and his friends, if not a few stagehands. The stagehands typically didn't linger long enough to sit, though. Could also catch a nap there between numbers, if I'm lucky...

At the other's comment, Amory quirked a brow at him, leaning casually where he stood. "Whaddya mean by that? Not scared she'll start making more gossip than she's worth, are ya?" He was curious about why he chose to say something like that-- was it because Amory had been the center of some nasty rumors beforehand? Regardless of whether those had been true or not, he took some injury to this idea. Perhaps Sam wasn't all that excited to be working with him after all. Get yourself together, Amory. Sighing softly to himself, he brushed off his own question by turning to back to the other to briefly look at himself in the mirror. Then they were off.

Frowning at his answer, Amory didn't argue. "If ya insist." He spoke hesitantly, still not quite satisfied that Sam wasn't going to at least stop by a doctor. He had gotten quite the beating, for whatever reason. Rubbing the back of his head troubledly, he lead the two outside. After he'd successfully hailed a taxi, he turned to look at Sam in surprise. Does he have something against this? Don't tell me he doesn't even want to get into a cab with me... Grinning, Amory shook his head. "You being injured is only one of two reasons I hailed one. I'm just tired tonight, ya know?" He spoke sheepishly, careful with his words. Without saying anything more, he slipped on into the back seat of the cab, expecting the other to follow as he told the driver his address. If I did walk... Would a similar thing happen? Would the same man from last night come for me? A shiver dismantled his composure, leading his gaze to depart from Sam and favor the window. Hands laced together tightly in his lap, he would use the short ride to attempt calming his nerves.

Lunna Dea

Old 08-31-2014, 10:16 PM

although a sticky end may not be the best thing for those that start the rumors The part of his mind that was attracted to Amory whispered againted his want to silence those that would think to harm Amory with words. Not that it would be that big of thing now, the Don seems not to event think that Amory would sleep with a man. His heart skipped a beat as he longed to know the truth weather Amory would sleep with him. Stop thinking that way, that path only brings trouble.

He really did not hear Amory’s comment as his mind flashed back to the first time he and Fate had realized what was going on between them. They had been out on their first assignment, the target had been a bully boy for one of the low level dons of some obscure little town that just happened to have gold as its claim to fame. They had been shoulder to shoulder when their target had walked out of the hotel acrossed the street from their vantage point. They had both turned at the same time and their lips met. At first Sam had worried that Fate would hate him for it but then Fate had reached out and pulled him into a deeper kiss. He whimpered as fire seemed to burn through his vain. Fates fingers twined in his hair sent shivers through him. He reached out and did the same to Fate, seconds later their target forgotten as they realized how much they had been wanting each others touch the last few months. Shaking his head Sam pulled himself back to the present.

“I just don’t want the Don getting upset at you for rumors of us…” his voice trailed off as he tried to think of a nice way of putting it without saying he did not want to be with Amory. “would just hate for him to lose the shine he has for you because of her badmouthing. I know some woman can be that way, guys move in together because of work and they start saying that those two are up to no good, even if they are not.” Reaching out he caught Amory’s arm and pulled him back just a bit. “I like working like this, its better this way to me. More like being a valet then a stage hand.” His hand would linger on Amory’s arm for much longer then was needed.

As Amory opened the cab door Sam sighed, then twinge as his ribs protested to the movement. “I just don’t want you spending all your hard earned money on a cab when we have two good feet and not to far to walk. But if your tired then I don’t mind the cab.” Sliding in next to Amory Sam frowned as Amory shivered. “you ok? You look kind of cold.” He knew that the air was not that cold and that Amory’s jacket was warm enough to keep him from the shivers. So what has caused his shiver? Sam watched the side of Amory’s face as the other man sat there staring out the window as they drove through the quite streets from the club. They passed a few officers combing the street where dark pools of dark red stained the sidewalk in the harsh streetlight. He did not try to draw attention to what was going on there. He did not think that Amory needed to see the aftermath of another set of his killings. This time they had been after Sam not after Amory but still it would remind him of the Don’s death.

Arc Angel

Old 09-01-2014, 02:59 AM

As his arm was caught, Amory's gaze sought that of Sam's, curiosity dancing in his eyes as his hand lingered on his arm. He had half a mind to put his free hand atop Sam's to keep it there, but he prevented that thought from becoming action. Instead, Amory sighed softly as he scratched his cheek. Was he feeling a tad shy at what might be implied? Amory didn't believe they had anything to worry over, but did they? Rather, Amory wasn't sure at this point of whether he wanted there to be something worth starting rumors about. He was certainly attracted to Sam now, yet he was unsure of how to take his words. Did he imply that he was not interested, or that he was and intended on acting on it, but they had to keep it a secret? Oh, but Amory must have been implying too much.

Shaking his head, Amory grinned at the other before quickly averting his gaze. "I am glad you are happy with your place here." He finally managed after a few moments, not having anything else to say without either showing his interest of feigning disinterest in him. Either way, he presumed those were both poor paths to go down at the moment. Maybe they were poor paths to cross at any moment. Amory was unsure of which was true as he stepped into the cab, quickly consumed by his own thoughts. "I really am rather tired." He assured the other as they both sat, feeling emotionally drained. He could truly use some rest after the past few days.

"It's just..." Amory began to explain his shivers, almost tempted to tell him of the incident the other night, but backing out of it at the last moment. "I'm just a bit cold. Always am, I guess." He finished quietly, words seemingly distant as he continued to gaze out the window. At the sight of the cops, his eyes focused in on the curb, much to his dismay. Lips parting as he saw the excess of blood, he quickly bit down on his bottom lip, perhaps a bit too hard. Cursing under his breath, he quickly released his lip to tear his gaze away from the window. Eyebrows knitting together, he found himself shivering once more. He was threatened to be killed. His old Don was murdered. Sam was beat up by thugs. Now... more blood was in the streets. The roads ran red for Amory, and this was a frightening reality. Would he be targeted again? Would it be someone he cared about this time, that died?

As they arrived not minutes later, Amory cleared his throat and tried to gather his composure again as he stepped out of the cab. He waited for Sam as needed before casually leading him to his apartment, opening the door with ease and removing his jacket almost immediately to hang. "It's not much, but it's home." He explained of the small studio, a tad sheepish to be showing this to Sam. Yet, his mind was still mostly occupied with his darker, earlier thoughts.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-01-2014, 03:27 AM

Was what he saw in Amory eyes true or was he just reading into his looks what he wanted to see. Every bit of body langue he was getting from Amory was that of a battle of wills over something. He really needed to find out what had happened between his old boss and him. Maybe in that there was the answer to weather Amory would want to sleep with a man or only a woman. There was the slight chance that he would take to bed both sexes but in Sam’s experience that did not usually happen. Those that said they did usually only wanted one sex but were wanting to find out if the other hand anything better to offer.

Maybe tonight his angel needs to talk with him and help him through whatever he is feeling with his exbosses death. That has to be effecting him in some why even if he acts like it is not. As they rode to Amory’s apartment Sam had to stop his arms from reaching out and pulling him closer into the hug he seemed to need. “you don’t seem cold when your on stage, you seem perfectly warm.”

Sam again cringed as he got out of the cabby and looked up at the apartment building. “looks like a nice place.” He said before they went up the stairs to the apartment and entered. The first thing Sam noticed was the table now was tipped ever so slightly to one side. Most would not see it but he did. Then he saw the moon light catch on his knife he had thrown the night before. Closing his eyes he whimpered, wrapping his arms around his rib cage. Hopeing beyond hope that Amory had not seen the knife yet nor would see it before Sam could deal with it. How could he have been so dumb leaving it there in the wood when he had left to deal with the don.

“I think I may have a cracked rib.” He emphasize the pain as he slumped into the nearest chair.

Arc Angel

Old 09-01-2014, 04:19 AM

Amory nodded thoughtfully at Sam's response, but said nothing in turn. While he didn't truly feel cold, he instead felt rather horrified, distressed. Yet, on stage, he could forget such things. Now he longed for the stage, for the bliss of a performance, the peace it brought him. Here in the taxi, however, he only felt weak and like he was showing it. Uncomfortable with that thought, he was glad to exit the taxi and get some fresh air into his lungs. Stretching his arms before entering the building, he averted the gaze of Sam until they were both inside and he felt sufficiently calm.

After walking into the apartment and hanging his coat, Amory set his briefcase down before turning to look at Same finally. Grinning at the compliment, he shrugged. "It's cozy, in its own way. I'm fond of it." He spoke rather contented, glad that Sam liked it, though he dare not say it. Why would he be glad about that, anyways? His eyes didn't even bother to skin the rest of his own apartment, completely missing the presence of the knife still hanging in the wood. Instead, his full attention turned to Sam as he closed and locked his door, taking more care to do so now after the events of the past few days. As he heard Sam speak up, his eyes widened, eyebrows knitting together once more as worry passed over his features.

"I should have gotten you to a hospital." He murmured as he turned and approached the chair the other had moved to. Leaning over beside him to be closer to eye level, he was hesitant to suggest a solution to this, especially since Sam had already rejected the idea of a hospital. Maybe he couldn't afford one? Frowning a bit, Amory gently bit his lower lip. "I'd still prefer ya to go to one. For tonight, though... Maybe I can at least get you wrapped up?" He questioned hesitantly, unsure of whether he was crossing into territory that was too personal.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-01-2014, 04:33 AM

The grin betrayed Amory’s joy of the complement to the apartment, Sam could tell he was glad that Sam liked it. It made him think of how some friends were so worried about how their other friends would take being introduced to the new ones. Well if he was already considered a friend that was fine with him. “you keep a better place than I ever could. I have never had the ability to keep a place looking like it was cared for. Most of my places look like flops.” Granted most of his places had been abandoned buildings and flops where he could hide out and no one would think any differently about him.

As he talked again about the hospitals and Sam needing to go to one he shook his head. “ all they would do for the rib is what you could do, wrap it. Better to just pay for the ace bandage and ask for help putting it on then paying the arm and leg they would ask for at the hospital.” Putting thought to word Sam started taking his shirt off to reveal the layers of scares and slightly green bruises along his torso. His training had taught him how to hide the pain of a wound and work through it, but it had been a hard lesson to learn. They had kept from scaring him where it would be noticeable at a glance but he had many of them. “as you can see I have been in a few scrapes in my youth, I know what it feels like and what is needed.” Reaching out he brushed Amory’s lower chin, he wanted to touch his lips but thought better of it. “you most defiantly can help me wrap it up.” He smiled.

Arc Angel

Old 09-01-2014, 05:20 AM

Amory chuckled hesitantly, running a hand up through his hair as he then took a moment to look over his place. It was small, but neat, admittedly. However, it was lacking something. It wasn't thoroughly lived in. Amory went to work most mornings to practice and stayed there throughout the day to get things done and set up for the performances that typically kept him out until the early hours of the morning. He was hardly ever home, except to sleep or sometimes eat. "I can't take all the credit there, I don't spend a hell of a lotta time at home." He countered humbly, then grinned a little, adding, "I doubt yours were ever really that bad." He had a hard time imagining Sam living in anything much worse than his own apartment, since for all he knew, Sam was just the average, albeit stylish, person.

Sighing softly, Amory said nothing further to argue or try to talk Sam into a hospital visit. It seemed like it would have been the best thing to do, but if he didn't want to, it shouldn't be any of Amory's business. He didn't know why he had been so insistent upon the idea. It was silly to try talking people into things they didn't want to do, and he hardly knew this guy. Still, as he remained leant over, worry clear in his features, he had to admit that he did care about Sam in some way. Perhaps more than he ought to. His eyes couldn't help but trail over the shirtless torso of Sam, toned yet dotted in scars and the newer bruises. It was an appealing sight, yet at the same time a bit saddening. In other words, Amory found him to be a handsome man, and it was a shame to him that he had been harmed like this. As he felt the warmth of Sam's hand caress his chin, he froze, lips parting a little in surprise at the tender gesture. Why had he...? Staring in surprise at the other man, Amory was at a loss for words for a few moments, completely out of commission.

It took him a few moments to force himself to pull away from the other's gentle touch, straightening himself out before grinning sheepishly and nodding. "I... have a kit with bandages somewhere." He explained hurriedly, then averted his gaze and walked to a shelf of miscellaneous items he had organized together. It didn't take long for him to pull out a first aid kit of sorts, and a roll of bandages from within it. Then, hesitantly, he returned to his place at Sam's side. Clearing his throat a little, trying to avoid looking at him instead of focusing on what he was doing, Amory carefully began to wrap Sam as needed. "At least these should help out some." Amory spoke quietly, glad he was accepting his help, but still feeling that earlier rush of shy anxiety.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-01-2014, 05:47 AM

“you really should stop doing that. You keep putting your hair out of place, going to take me longer to get it into place again tomorrow.” Sam said as he watched Amory tossal his hair. How he wanted to fix it now but he knew that it was a fools errand to try to fix it. Maybe later when his ribs had been bandaged he could fix it. The silk stalking were still in the dressing room but he could still make it work out some how that they did not have to fix it up to much in the morning. “you place looks loved where as my last place looked like I was just crashing there for a night. I have never really had a place that looked this nice, this well kept. Other then the time I was a valet and then it was so empty that there was nothing but the bed and my clothes hanging up.”

He watched in slight surprise as Amory’s lips parted his mind seeming to disappear into surprise. But it was not the surprise that suddenly drew a man to attack for fear of the other liking him. No this was the reaction that he had seen with Fate, before they had kissed. His heart soared at the thought that he had found a man again that was attracted to him as he was too. His lips parted in response but he kept from kissing him. No if there was going to be any kissing then it was going to be with Amory being the first to kiss. He did not want to push the song bird to the point of driving him away. If they were meant to be then it would be, yet he would let Amory in subtle ways know that he liked him more than just a friend. “whatever has happened to you in the past you don’t keep it from making you create a home here that feels loved.”

He watched Amory move away from him sheepishly and sighed. He had never thought of true love but that seemed to be what was happening. Though it could be that Amory had been hurt really bad and he was just reacting to a gentle hand. As Amory returned with the bandages Sam held out his hand to take the end of it and hold it in place as Amory started to wrap his ribs. He could feel them move as the wrappings grew tight yet he did not show any sign of pain from them. “it has been a long time since I have needed a first aid kit. Hopefully all these attacks stop happening. I would hate for some one to hurt you, and your beautiful voice.” Thinking about it he realized he might help sooth Amory by admitting that his singing stopped the pain. “ you know, I got lost in your singing tonight that I did not feel the pain.”

Arc Angel

Old 09-01-2014, 03:11 PM

Realizing that he's messed his hair up once again, he looked up as if her could see it before smiling apologetically at Sam. "Sorry, bad habit. I always tend to mess it when I'm thinking," He admitted with a chuckle, now feeling bad that he'd just added to Sam's work load. The man had enough to deal with, especially now with his broken rib and the need to stay with Amory. Hadn't he given him enough to deal with? Amory's thoughts swirled away as he was again complimented on his apartment, this time accepting it thankfully, while wondering why it was that Sam never kept such a place. Had he never the money, the time? He frowned a little at that concept, knowing how life could be rough on a young person. Amory had had far too much trouble working without a Don in the years prior. "Maybe while you're working with me, you can get something set up like this, then. I'm sure you can have a nice home if you worked towards one." He spoke optimistically, hoping to brighten the other's mood with a small smile.

However, Sam's comment on the past threw him off. He froze for a few seconds, gaze lowering contemplatively as his mind actually trailed back to his work under his old don. A dead man, now. He sung beautifully for him not only for the thrill of the performance, but because he had been a handsome, admirable man in some ways. He took the song bird in when Amory's life had been a storm, and sheltered him enough to let him mend his wounds. Their relationship evolved, however... This all leading to rumors, most of which true, and dealings that added intensity to the don's shoulders. The don had begun to release these pressures on his associates, and Amory received the worst of it, as the subject of many rumors and a sharer of his bed. He had several scars, himself, to show for it. "Thank you." He spoke quietly after a moment, but couldn't bring himself to say any more on the subject. He felt his voice become a little weak, and did not wish to appear broken to the other. After all, the don was gone, and this was overall good. His old wounds just stung in the wake of the threats in town.

As Amory worked, hands careful and gentle, his fingertips occasionally grazed a bit of Sam's skin, brief touches but accidental and enough to bring a pink tinge to Amory's cheeks. As he was leant over him, their bodies were in close proximity, and Amory could almost feel the other's breath on his cheek as he wrapped Sam up. A part of him was still saddened to see the other hurt like this, the kind Sam that he had been getting to know. The small scars and new bruising on the other's chest drew his eyebrows together just a tad, distress showing through his facial expression. He didn't think to guard himself as well as usual in front of Sam, he didn't feel a need to. Just how close had he allowed himself to get to him? Amory tried not to think of such things now, but it became increasingly difficult as their bodies were so close.

As Sam spoke up, Amory's nimble fingers came to a sudden stop with the bandages. His words struck home. Amory's mouth opened to speak in reply, but found his words dry on his tongue, so he quickly closed it again. Allowing his head to tilt up to see the other man's face, Amory's widened eyes found Sam's, both scared of what he'd said and... curious. Sam was a sweet man, handsome, and working hard at Amory's side. They'd already confided in each other about things in passing, and Amory found a strength in Sam he hadn't realized until he felt his mood again lightened simply by his words. They touched him, driving a full-fledged blush this time from Amory as he gently bit his lower lip. Their faces were mere inches apart. Amory swore he cold feel his heart pounding in his head as his gaze brushed past Sam's lips. What could he possibly say to a man so sweet? So strong?

Amory found that he couldn't say anything, this because he took the initiative to lean forward and close the gap between them. Their lips met, Amory's soft but firm, his action made strong by the passion he had felt in Sam's words. One of his hands moved to the other man's cheek, fingertips gently threading through Sam's short black curls of hair. He had thrown his caution to the wind, anxiety at an all time high as soon as he'd realized his course of action.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-01-2014, 05:06 PM

“Well then we will just have to make sure that you stop doing that when we have product in your hair.” Sam said as he looked around the room and wondered how hard it would be to keep a place like this. Would there be an opening of an apartment nearby in the building or was he going to have to find a place father a field. What he would usually do would not work with his broken ribs. There was no way he could force someone else to move on to a different place in a day without the ability to scare them. he smiled as Amory talked about him having a nice home now that he was working with him. How if he worked towards it, it would not be hard. How he wanted so badly to belief him. But all his life time exspirances spoke volumes to how that was not going to happen.

Worry crossed his eyes as he saw Amory react to his talk about being with little to nothing as a valet. Had his old don treated him the same way the Valet he had taken over for had been treated? Had it been something else that had set him off that was going to be a pitfall to their friend ship? “I am sorry if I stirred any bad memories up, I did not mean to.”

As the wrapping commenced Sam closed his eyes, his lips slightly parted. He did not want to forget the touch of Amory even if they never got passed what they already had. Not even when Fate had first wrapped him up that first time had Sam felt this way. The sense of touch was heightened with his eyes closed because of his training. He would remember each brush and twitch of his hands. He found that while Amory did not seem to have done this often he did know how to do it well. The pressure was just right for the ribs to get what they needed but for him to still breath. He did not see the pink hints upon his cheek or the full blush that fallowed on Amory’s face. He would have found that enduring and committed it to memory. He was only just opening up his eyes again when Amory’s lips met his.

The memory of Fate and his frist kiss tried to instate its self over this memory but Sam fought it down. He was not going to let Fate flavor this sweet moment. Reaching up he wrapped his fingers in Amory’s hair knowing full well that he was messing it up more then Amory had earlier. His firm reply to the kiss was all he felt that Amory needed to understand that Sam was interested in him. His heart fluttered his other hand reaching out to wrap around Amory’s waist to pull him close. Braking the kiss for a few moments he smiled at Amory. “I liked that, I liked it a lot.” And he moved in for a deeper kiss.

Arc Angel

Old 09-02-2014, 03:28 AM

As Sam apologized, Amory felt a twinge of embarrassment. He hadn't meant for the fault for his poor reaction to burden Sam. He was truly the least of his concerns, and what had hurt him in the past was in no way related to the man sitting before him now. Amory wanted to ensure that he made that clear. So, clearing his throat a little, he shook his head at him. "No, no, I'm sorry. I put too much thought into it. I'm just grateful you seem like it here." He spoke honestly, weight in his words as he smile at the other man fondly. Sam was a sweetheart, truly. Of that, Amory was certain.

Amory hadn't thought much of his actions before their completion, so once his lips were pressed so firmly already to the other's, he felt a bit of panic. Sam would hate him. Why did he have to go and ruin this? Amory felt ashamed for the split second, but only until he felt the warm fingers sliding up through his hair. Faintly, he recognized them to be Sam's. He wanted this, too. That realization made Amory's heart soar, relieved and at the same time fluttering with a new rush of anxiety. It was the type of anxiety one would like to have, however, accompanying the budding of new feelings. This is what Amory saw this as. As Sam's lips moved in response, Amory's eyes fluttered closed in sweet surrender, giving in to his impulses as relief washed over him. It was now evident that his attraction to Sam was mutual, a strange yet uplifting notion.

Feeling a hand on his waist drawing him in, Amory complied and leaned in closer to Sam, savoring the warmth and the contact of the other man. When the kiss was broken, his eyes fluttered open easily, gaze both overjoyed that he had returned the gesture and confused as to why he had stopped it. His question was soon put to rest, however with the words that secured his thoughts. Smiling, Amory only managed to looking fondly into Sam's eyes during their pause, speaking his name barely above a whisper, "Sam..." He hadn't had a plan of reply from there, but what time he had to do so was lost as their lips met again, this time more passionately as Amory lifted his free hand to rest gently on the other's bare shoulder. The hand he had placed on his cheek ran back and into Sam's hair, fingers threading through the raven curls as their lips mingled.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-02-2014, 04:02 AM

“I don’t see why anyone would not find this place comfortable. And you should not be sorry. I said something that reminded you of something that you did not want to think about. I should say sorry.” If I find that the don was not the only one to have hurt my song bird then I am going to hunt them down and do to them what they have done to him. For him to apology to me for me saying sorry is not right. He should not feel that he has to guard himself to protect others from what they have done to him. The anger and rage barely peeked from his eyes only to moments after be replaced by kindness and love.

All his feelings of protectiveness and defense boiled up as he once again deepened the kiss with His songbird. No man was going to lay claim to this mans body again without him wanting it. From now on his only job was to make sure that Amory was happy and content in the life he lead. If he in time wanted to leave Sam he would let him go. But until then no man would have a right to these lips. Almost in response to that thought he pushed his tongue againted Amory’s lips. His hands slipping slowly down to pull at his shirt and slip under it. He wanted to feel their skin touching. A part of him wanted to rush things but he knew that he had to take it slow with Amory. All he wanted tonight was to feel his chest and see him without his undershirt on.

Arc Angel

Old 09-02-2014, 03:29 PM

Amory felt as if he'd melted into Sam's touch, relaxing where he knelt in front of the others' chair. Finally, for once within the past few days, he felt a sense of safety again. No one could hurt him in Sam's arms, that he was sure of. Reason didn't alter those thoughts, even as Sam had received injury earlier in the day. To Amory, there was no other way to feel in his position except for happy, warm, and exceptionally safe within the tender hold of the other. It was a refreshing feeling to have this sense of security with another person. Something he knew to cherish, so he tried to engrave the gestures and feeling of Sam in his mind. If nothing else came of this, then he'd at least have the memory of this kiss.

As the other's tongue pressed up to his lips, Amory's moved with ease to allow his entrance and allowed his own tongue to meet the Sam's. A slight flush drew over Amory's cheeks as his hands moved slowly to encircle the other's neck loosely, mindful of his ribs as he gently rested his arms on his shoulders. This was about the time he felt the pressure of Sam's hands gently tugging as his shirt, then sliding up under it as if he wished it gone. Feeling a bit of an anxious warmth in his stomach, he talked himself into relaxing and shedding his shirt as he assumed the other wanted. It was only a shirt, after all. Amory did not feel as if Sam was going to push this further... was he? The tiniest bit of doubt in that thought registered in his mind, but he was quick to extinguish it. Sam was sweet, and must have good intentions. He was no Giuseppe.

Slowly, one of Amory's hands slid between them to unbutton his vest casually, slender fingers working through his buttons with a learned ease. He did wear about the same outfit most days, so they were nothing new. Next were the buttons of the long-sleeved shirt he wore beneath it, which we simply allowed to hang undone as his free hand then retreated to its position around the back of the other's neck. Amory was not built, nor lanky, but a lean-muscled medium. He had to keep good form to impress on stage.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-02-2014, 06:26 PM

Sam seemed to purr as Amory melted into his arms at his touch. He had been the one to do the melting last time, this time he was the protector. He liked the feel of Amory putting his trust in him and letting him protected. He did not even know what Sam truly did for a living and yet he still trusted him to defend them both. The purr grew louder as Amory allowed him to deepen the kiss. The tasted of his lips had been one thing but this, oh this. He sighed contentedly as he savored the flavor of Amory. There was a spicy quality to his flavor yet something very sweet there. He hoped that the flavor of the last cig he had had hours before did not turn off Amory to kisses like this. His tongue trusted forward as he tried to tasted more of Amory, then he slowed as he felt Amory tense as he tugged on his shirt.

Had he gone too far with his songbird? Was the thought of being that intimates with another man to soon after his don? But no slowly he relaxed under Sam’s hands and started to remove his vest and shirt. Sam purred his enjoyment even louder wanting Amory to know how much he appreciated his trust. As each layer came off Sam would run his hands over Amory’s body taking in the feel of it under less and less layers of fabric. He might not be well muscled but he was defined enough that Sam enjoyed the mystery the clothe gave to his body. As the last button came undone Sam broke the kiss and looked over what had been uncovered. “you have a wonderful body Amory, wonderful.” His voice was breathless as he took in the sight. Then leaning forward he gently kissed Amory’s chest, Collar bone on both sides, sides of neck then he moved down to kiss his lower abdomen. His hands slipping under the shirt and feeling up and down his back. He was not going to take off the shirt if Amory did not want it taken off. It seemed to him that he may have reached Amory’s comfort level at this time.

Resting his chin on Amory’s waist at his belt as he looked up he smiled. “know that if I push you beyond what you are comfortable with you can tell me to stop.” Wrapping his arms around Amory’s waist he gently hugged him. “I will take it as slow as you want, if you say stop I will.” His voice was loving and gentle yet in his eyes there was a hunger. He wanted to go all the way with this man right here and now. Lay claim to him so no one would touch him but he knew that was a quick way to lose him too. His fingers slowly played along Amory’s spine as he sat there looking up at Amory waiting for his replay.

Arc Angel

Old 09-02-2014, 09:47 PM

While Amory had been uncertain of whether the removal of his shirt had been what the other wanted at first, the purr coming from Sam was enough encouragement to set his heart aflame. He swore he could hear it pounding in his head, urging him onwards with this man. Oh, and how Amory wanted to go onwards. He thirsted for more of Sam's touch, though he knew to hold back those urges. Still, the touches he received as he removed his top layering heated him up sufficiently enough to feel as if he'd burn up. As Sam broke the kiss to speak, Amory was caught off guard, a hint of a blush staining his pale cheeks. "I'm glad you think so." He spoke in appreciation, smiling warmly. Again, however, he was surprise as Sam leant in to kiss each of his collarbones, then lower abdomen. This drew a breathless sigh from Amory's lips, who now felt encouraged enough to move to relieve himself of his plain undershirt as well. The skin of his chest was as pale as the rest of him, and unmarked by any scars or freckles. Amory didn't often go shirtless, so it would be odd to do so in other circumstances, but this was with Sam, and Amory wanted him to see.

After all, Amory had already felt the other man's chest in gentle brushes as he had wrapped him up. The thought crossing his mind, he trailed one of his hands gently from its spot along Sam's shoulder to allow himself to feel it once again. This time he noticed the little scars that he didn't quite catch the first time, well healed enough to not be easily seen. "You're a strong man, Sam.." He noted as his gaze focused on the tiny marks, admiring of the other and what showed his strength. Meanwhile, he felt Sam's chin lean down to rest at his belt, drawing his teal gaze to the other's face with a serene smile. These were both the calmest and most adrenaline-pumping moments Amory had had in quite a long time.

"I know." He spoke confidently, one of his hands gentling one of Sam's cheeks as he looked down at him. "I will always let you know if I'm not comfortable." He then added assuredly, not wanting to think he had pushed him into anything. That, and Amory was certain that he could speak up if he were truly uncomfortable and Sam would be understanding.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-02-2014, 10:15 PM

Running his fingers along Amory’s bare chest Sam smiled and leaned in to kiss the indent between Amory’s collar bones. “how could I not find you beautiful. Your skin so fair, your lips” he sighed as he closed his eyes for a moment. “Your lips have the most wonderful tasted, I could live on just that tasted along.” Reaching up he gently brushed Amory’s lips. A feather soft touch almost sad. Then his fingers dropped to run his fingers to trace along each and ever muscle or bone he could find on Amory’s chest. “I am surprised you have choice to grace me with your beauty and wonder.” Leaning in he inhaled Amory’s scent deeply. He sat there for a time just taking in his sent.

He closed his eyes and sighed blissfully as Amory ran his hands along his old wounds. As he touched each one he remembered each knife and fist and blade that had cut into his skin. He sighed contentedly to his touch. He did not mind the memories that flowed with the touch, for the touch was one of love not training. “I was made to be a strong man.” He bowed his head trying to hide the pain that might fallow. “my youth was not a nice one, it made me strong.” Looking back up he sighed.

He leaned into the hand that touched his face not fully hearing what Amory said. But even though he did not hear the words he understood the meanings. “would you sing for me my songbird?” his voice cracked as he tried to keep from crying.

Arc Angel

Old 09-03-2014, 12:31 AM

A full-fledged blush finally drew over Amory's face as Sam spoke such sweet words, then brushed his fingertips lightly over his lips. He was used to compliments, and the vast majority never had much of an effect on him, but sitting there with Sam and hearing those words caused him to melt further into the other's embrace. Instead of speaking right away, he gently kissed the fingers that trailed over his lips before they dropped. The song bird that typically kept a rather smooth front was having a hard time forming the correct words now, but he started by leaning in to gently place a few sweet kisses along one side of Sam's face. "I'm flattered, but... Sam..." He paused, one of his hands gently trailing where his lips had just visited. "I didn't choose you. We chose each other, in a way. What would I do without your steadiness, now? Your sweet and creative mind? You're the first person I've been able to feel myself around in a very long time." Amory spoke thoughtfully, though this time his mood didn't sway. He was far too positive at this moment to allow it to.

As Sam spoke up on his youth, worry crossed Amory's face as he bowed his head for a few moments. He wanted to ask what it was crossing his mind, but wasn't sure if it were a good idea if it were a sensitive subject. He wanted more than that to be able to comfort him back into smiling. His question came as a surprise, his eyes widening a little as he received the request, but startled that he appeared on the brink of tears. Eyebrows knitting together slightly, Amory sent him a small smile and nodded. "Of course, Sam." Then thinking over which to suit the mood, he took a few quiet moments to wrap his arms gently around the other in a firm hug as he made his selection and hummed a little tune to begin it.

Quote:
"This place is a hole, but I don't want to go,
I wish we could stay here forever alone.
This time that we waste, but I still love your taste..."
The song was short, only a couple of minutes long, but he sung it as sweetly as possible, tones strong and voice clear as he looked over the man beside him. When he finished it, he smiled and pressed a gentle kiss to one of the other's temples. Then turning to look about the room thoughtfully, something shining in the dim light caught his eye. Eyes fixating upon it, he gaped at the knife still stuck in the wood from the night before. A shiver rang through him as he slowly stood, in shock, his sense of security completely swept out from under his feet. "Who would...?" He spoke softly, voice trembling as he approached it carefully, as if it could still harm him.

"Who would do this?" He began again, words just above a whisper, stricken. Thinking back immediately to the horror of the previous night, he remembered the man who'd stopped him on his way home, the 'angel' he spoke to in his dream, the deaths occurring in larger numbers than usual in the street. Amory couldn't hold it in, despite Sam's presence. Suddenly he was weak again, his hand shaking as he grasped its handle firmly to pull it from the wood. Staring at it in horror, as if this made the object real, he dropped it as one of his hands rose to his face. Tears rolled freely from his eyes now, leaving him thankful that at least his back was to Sam. Sam. He wouldn't be safe here. "You're not safe here, you have to go." He choked out weakly, hands still shaking as he folded his free one over his chest.

"Someone's trying to kill me, Sam."

(Song credit to Lover Dearest by Marianas Trench.)

Lunna Dea

Old 09-03-2014, 01:00 AM

Sam seemed to glow as Amory placed kisses on his finger then along his face as he sighed. How could he deserve this young songbird, the monster he was could only taint the beauty of this man yet here he was holding onto Sam like there was no one else in the world. “you did not have to kiss me, you did not have to return my affections, you did not need to show me what others do not see.” His eyes twinkled with the joy of what he now had. “I have had to learn all those things, I have not always been this way.”

The assassin in him whispered ’and he will be gone again as quick as you got him if he ever knows the truth about us. Better to let him love you now then leave him with the happy memories of us before he has a chance to find out.’ sighing he tried to hide the shake of his head in answer to that thought. How could he think to do that to Amory, his fragile song bird. As he watched Amory he worried he had asked something that could not be when he asked for a song, when he said yes Sam’s face broke into a smile as he waited. He did not have to wait long for the melodious tones to wash over him. Closing his eyes he became lost in the sound of his voice, his mind completely forgetting the knife in the wood and the danger it could pose. He barely felt the kiss as the high he seemed to be riding slowly let him down.

Yet it did not take long for that high to evaporate like the dew in the morning sun as he heard the gasp for fear. All of his senses going into over gear as his eyes flashed open scanning the room. He tried to understand what had broken the moment then he saw what Amory was looking at. Curse the world to ruin. How could I have forgotten it was there. standing he moved trying to reach the dagger before Amory did. “I don’t know who would, the only one that might want you dead is dead himself and no one knew I was going to be here so could not have been for me.” Reaching Amory as he pulled the dagger from the wood he wrapped his arm around Amory’s waist and pulled him into a one armed embrace as he caught the dagger as it fell in his other hand.

“Songbird, there is no way I am going to leave you here alone if others might harm you.” Flicking his wrist he sent the dagger sliding acrossed the floor into his shirt while he spoke hiding the sound of it by his words. “I would rather die here in your arms then alone in a dark room with no love.” Wrapping his arms around Amory he bent and kissed him along the neck and held him tight. “no man is going to harm you while I am here.”