Zidane
The Chosen One

Old 04-19-2011, 03:34 AM

Let's talk about Bleach, the anime/manga!

My favorite character has to be Rukia!

My favorite sword in the anime is Ichigo's sword (The big one)

My favorite episode is the first episode!

What's your favorites? :D

Urchie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-19-2011, 11:02 AM

Ichigo's sword is Zangetsu, but I digress.

Favourite character has to be Kisuke, dude is bat sh*t crazy, and I do not want him mad at me! Not sure about zanpakutou, but I think my favourite would have to be either Zangetsu (Ichigo's) or Hyourinmaru (Toshiro's).
Best episode is when Ichigo is getting his powers back, if only for the infamous Kisuke line 'That wasn't very nice. I do believe you killed my hat', after nearly getting blasted by Ichigo's attack!!

lzkiwi

Old 04-20-2011, 07:59 PM

sup
my favorite character is Ichigo
my favorite sword is zangestsu the skinny black one
my favorite episode is when ichigo beats up aizen

xXastraXx
If you come here... You'll find ...

Old 04-20-2011, 10:12 PM

My favorite character is Hitsugaya Toshiro.... because he's just so cute and awesome a character. Captain grumpypants. He's so funny.

Spoilers below

But Bleach itself.... It's gone crazy downhill. I loved it at the beginning, but after the Soul Society arc it just got repetitive. I mean, Orihime getting kidnapped by Hollows is essentially the exact same plot as Rukia getting taken to Soul Society- the only reason why such a repetitive plot twist happened is because the artist decided he favored Orihime over Rukia. He said himself that in the SS arc that Ichigo was rescuing Rukia in part because he cared about her, but then in the new arc, it's essentially Ichigo falling for Orihime.

While there were some cool stuff here and there, like Ichigo's hollow form and the awesome fight scenes, even they got thrown out the window when Ichigo completely lost his spiritual powers. And sure, he'll get his powers back with those new guys who're helping them, but essentially those new guys are a replacement for the Vizards who were helping Ichigo before.

And I love Bleach, don't get me wrong, however the artist is essentially continuing the series for the sake of money at this point.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-28-2011, 10:41 PM

I only fully watched the first and second seasons and I haven't read any of the manga, but I enjoy reading about it. And watching little clips on Youtube.

My favorite characters are Gin Ichimaru and Ulquiorra Schiffer.

Don't have a favorite episode or sword though. :(

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-29-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXastraXx View Post
And I love Bleach, don't get me wrong, however the artist is essentially continuing the series for the sake of money at this point.
That may not be entirely true. Some mangakas aren't necessarily prolonging a series because they're after the money, because Bleach earns enough money as it is with all the side-products, anime productions, and other stuffs. Sometimes they're continuing the series because of the popularity; and because the people demand more, the editors would ask that they continue the series even if they'd run dry on inspiration.

I've heard rumors that the mangaka for the Detective Conan series wanted to end the series a long time ago, but his/her editor and the manga company he/she works for wouldn't let him/her end it because it was so popular and making so much money for them. You could see how the cases in the manga are getting really repetitive as well.

Teh Toaster Basher
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-30-2011, 10:17 PM

Hm, well, my favourite character would have to be Byakuya because he's pretty damn hot, but asides from that, he sure can fight and he's smart. Favourite sword? Rukia's Sode no Shirayuki (sorry if I spelled that wrong) as it's so pretty, and I've been thinking about it a lot lately since I need her sword to complete my Rukia cosplay, ha ha. I don't have a favourite episode since I read the manga, but I can say that I really like the first bunch of volumes since the art wasn't focusing on making the characters all gorgeous and Ichigo didn't look like a bishounen back then, and it was just hilarious.

xXastraXx
If you come here... You'll find ...

Old 05-02-2011, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 飛段 View Post
That may not be entirely true. Some mangakas aren't necessarily prolonging a series because they're after the money, because Bleach earns enough money as it is with all the side-products, anime productions, and other stuffs. Sometimes they're continuing the series because of the popularity; and because the people demand more, the editors would ask that they continue the series even if they'd run dry on inspiration.

I've heard rumors that the mangaka for the Detective Conan series wanted to end the series a long time ago, but his/her editor and the manga company he/she works for wouldn't let him/her end it because it was so popular and making so much money for them. You could see how the cases in the manga are getting really repetitive as well.
Yes indeed, that sort of thing was what I had in mind when I said it, but I should have worded it better.

That said, the series is still being continued for the sake of money- whether it be the artist's own doing or the company he/she works for. Fan demand could play a role, but in this case I don't think so. Many fans have demanded to know who the zero squad is and have an arc on the king of soul society- which has not happened. It may happen in the future, but the creators are drawing out the series with filler arcs like 'the stolen shinigami representative badge', essentially making people watch the anime and read the manga in the hopes of seeing something that won't appear for awhile.

I enjoy Bleach, but right now is one of the many times that I'm taking a hiatus from reading the series. I'll probably wait a year or so, and then skip all the fluff that's added in for no reason. I buy posters and the movies and other promotional items like plushies to support the artist, however, I don't intend to buy the manga or the anime as they have too many fillers and I consider it a waste at this point.

KitaraStrife

Old 05-02-2011, 09:41 PM

Oh. Em. Eff. GEE! Bad idea to talk about Bleach. XD One of my current anime obsessions right now. (Others are KEKKAISHI and FMA: BROTHERHOOD since those are the only other two anime on Adult Swim airing new eps each weekend.)

Fave character for me keeps changing. Right now, it's a toss up between Izuru, Kenpachi, Gin, and Toshiro. XDD; Those burimyu keep messing my faves list every time I watch them!!

My favorite zankpaku-to would have to be either Zabimaru or Hyorinmaru. Or maybe Wabisuke. They all have their cool points. ...Except Ashisogi Jizo. .__. That one's just downright effing CREEPY! Then again, its own is Mayuri, so that explains everything!

My favorite episode?? O__o Hm. I don't know... probably the one a few episodes back in the English dub, before Mayuri defeated Szayel, where Uryu, Pesche and Dondochakka all pretty much broke the fourth wall. XDD That was epic! I was laughing so hard I had to work to keep it quiet and not wake my parents up!

I mentioned burimyu up above in my fave character. For those that don't know, "burimyu" is basically a musical. ROCK MUSICAL BLEACH was the first one, and that title stayed with all the rest (except the LIVE BANKAI SHOW CODE 001, 002, and 003), just adding SAIEN, THE DARK OF THE BLEEDING MOON, NO CLOUDS IN THE BLUE HEAVEN, and THE ALL to the title for each musical. I've only seen SAIEN and THE DARK OF THE BLEEDING MOON, but they look so amazing!! Ikkaku's Luck-Luck Dance in TDotBM is epic!! XD But not as hilarious as Vic Mignogna's version in the English dub of the anime. Dear LORD! Vic is amazing!! XDD Johnny Yong Bosch is epic, too, but I don't think he'd ever play a flamboyant character like Tamaki Suou or Fai D. Flowright like Vic has. XDD

Anyway, if you haven't, check out the ROCK MUSICAL BLEACH stuff for awesome musical numbers and fight scenes!! The Gin is PERFECT!! And DAMN if he doesn't have a great voice! *_*

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 08-05-2011, 11:22 AM

I have to say this... Byakuya Kuchiki is my favourite name because it is soo fun to say!

My favourite character would have to be Hitsugaya Toushiro (or the other way round :sweat:). He is cute, stong and cold as ice..... The way he interacts with, Rangiku (I think her name is) is always funny ^_^.

My second favourite characters would have to be Ulqiuora (however you spell it) and Urahara Kisuke. Ulqiuora is just damn hot, and Urahara manages to make me laugh all the time!

My third favourite would have to be Ichimaru Gin. His face is funny when his eyes are closed, and he look really awesome when they open ^_^.

My favourite sword design would have to be... I forgot his name, the Captain who has dual blades and is always drunk. The dual blades are pretty awesome.
My favourite bonkai though would have to be Byakuya's. It's just so awesome, and pretty!

I don't have a favourite episode... There are too many to choose from @_@.

kiba-akina
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-07-2011, 05:58 PM

Favorite Character(s) Would have to be..GrimmJow, Ulquiorra, Gin.
Favorite sword would have to be Toshiro's.
Favorite Episode...hmmmmm, not exactly sure..hmm, OH, I loved the episode.. when Byakuya actually shows that he does love Rukia!

HardRockGuitar
HardRockGuitar

Old 08-10-2011, 01:40 PM

oew :o
i am new here.... dont bother that xD
my favourite charater has to be Toushirou Hitsugaya
my fave sword is uhm.... uh..... i know it!.. wait... ow i know :D the sword of Byakuya Kuchiki.
soo awesome sword <3
and uhm the funniest person is Kaizo Konpaku (Kon) :P
and my favourite episode.... the one when he meets Rukia :d
Google Images

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 08-12-2011, 08:19 AM

I also like Renji's sword though... *Is deep in thought*. Yes, and his bonkai isn't bad either. *Sigh* Too many to choose from :no:.

rosie_poisy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-21-2011, 02:48 AM

my favorite character is kisuke urahara (mr hat and clogs)
my favorite sword is zangestsu ichigos zanpakutou
My favorite episode is 110 to 113
bleach is so cool i love it sooooo much but my sister thinks im crazy about it but how im not crazy about bleach im nearly crazy about bleach when i get all the dvd form season 1 to 5 then im crazy about bleach

redwolfserena - de-activated
Neko-Hime (Kitty)

Old 08-21-2011, 04:05 PM

favorite chara is Toshiro
Favorite sword is also Toshiro's (love that ice dragon! woot!)
favorite epsiode.. not sure really lol