Batsy

Old 02-03-2008, 10:13 PM

22 Themes: Major Arcana of Tarot

I had the idea to do this from this thread by xemsax. I really like Tarot cards and the Fool's Journey story, so I had to sign up. :D

In addition, I have a novel-in-progress that I keep getting stuck on re: inspiration. I hope to maybe do a drabble or two as a warm-up before I get down to writing, and that the drabbles, which are relatively easier for me to write, will get me going on the big stuff.

The 22 Major Arcana

Completed themes are in bold text.

0 The Fool | I The Magician | II The High Priestess | III The Empress | IV The Emperor | V The Hierophant | VI The Lovers | VII The Chariot | VIII The Strength | IX The Hermit | X The Wheel of Fortune | XI The Justice | XII The Hanged Man | XIII The Death | XIV The Temperance | XV The Devil | XVI The Devil | XVII The Tower | XVII The Star | XVIII The Moon | XIX The Sun | XX The Judgement | XXI The World

Notes

I will be using my own interpretations of the cards. This means I may use a more negative aspect of the card if I wish. I will not be writing a Fool's Journey, just little character drabbles based on the themes of each arcana.

I will be using characters from The Circle of Many Faces, my novel-in-progress. I may post short profiles for them later, if I feel like it.

Batsy

Old 02-03-2008, 10:14 PM

0: The Fool (Word count: 146)

The sea murmured quietly to itself, no more interested in conversing with those that traveled its vastness than it ever was. Charlotte stood on the deck alone, though for the first time in a long time she was not disconcerted and she reveled in the solitude.

One by one, stars vanished from the murky indigo sky above, and the crescent moon began to lose its luster as it drifted lower in the sky. Soon, the sun would rise.

Her heart quickened as a golden thread began to creep across the horizon. It would not be long now before they left the cursed waters behind them for new lands that did not hide themselves from the blessings of the sun. As her eyes filled with warm, buttery light, she felt for the first time in weeks the courage and resolve that a new day ought to bring.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-04-2008, 02:22 AM

I'll be watching for I am like drabbling randomly, and love the major arcana tarot cards.

xemsax
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to xemsax

Old 02-14-2008, 01:37 AM

I like it. It is so awesome that you are doing this too. Keep it up, I'll be watching! :D