ANTIPODEAN OPALEYE
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-27-2013, 09:39 AM

I used to pixel dolls a long time ago but I stopped after a while and I thought since it's summer vacation and I really enjoyed it anyway that I should go back to practicing, now I'm warning you I'm not good at it by any means but that's why I'm here, I would very much appreciate it if you could give me constructive criticism and any tips that you think may help me, your help is greatly appreciated

I think I'm absolutely awful at pixelling hair and I hate doing it because I know it's going to turn out awful anyway but I was making this for a friend and it kinda needed to have hair ._.

I also think I am not good at placing higlights.

but you guys tell me what you think and how you think I can improve, your tips will be greatly appreciated =)

Base from:

unfortunately I can't find the exact base link but I got it from PixiStar: Pixel Doll base search and directory.

I also followed a tutorial for a flowy dress that I found on deviant art:

Flowy Pixel Dress Tutorial by ~Alswyn on deviantART

and that's it, thank you so much for taking the time to view this and any help is welcome

PhantomLolita
*^_^*

Old 05-30-2013, 03:42 PM

The skirt folds are really nice, I've always had issues with folds. My one suggestion is to add more dimension to the hair. Hair is very important on a doll in my opinion, so you really want it to stand out. I also would have shaded the top part of the dress a little more, but that's just me. Cute doll and can't wait to see more from you.

ANTIPODEAN OPALEYE
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-31-2013, 02:01 PM

Thank you very much!
I'm really not that good at pixelling hair and I still need to practice shading and highlighting

PhantomLolita
*^_^*

Old 05-31-2013, 03:57 PM

It's really hit or miss for me. Sometimes I do it and I think it looks awesome, but there are other times where I just can't get it right no matter what. DA has a lot of good tutorials though, if you look up pixel hair tutorials. Hair is definitely tricky, but it's an important aspect of the doll. I'm really trying to get better at it myself.

ANTIPODEAN OPALEYE
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-01-2013, 11:42 AM

I'll definitely check the tutorials on DA, thank you :)

ANTIPODEAN OPALEYE
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-14-2013, 03:20 PM

UPDATES!
kinda...
I'm practicing my shading on a lineart by APITCHOU ORCHID, all I colored so far though is the skirt,it's not done and this was rushed and I don't think it's great so your tips & criticism are appreciated

PhantomLolita
*^_^*

Old 06-16-2013, 04:47 AM

From what I can see it looks really good. Honestly, I have no real critique. Are you a member of Glam or Pixel Princess? They can usually offer more CC.

ANTIPODEAN OPALEYE
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-16-2013, 10:11 AM

No, I'm not, I don't know whether I should join or not really, I'm kinda scared for some reason

PhantomLolita
*^_^*

Old 06-17-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTIPODEAN OPALEYE View Post
No, I'm not, I don't know whether I should join or not really, I'm kinda scared for some reason
Oh, you shouldn't be! Everyone is very friendly.

ANTIPODEAN OPALEYE
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-17-2013, 12:56 PM

I guess I should probably make an account ^^
Thank you so much by the way

Moon!
I need food...! ;u;

Old 06-27-2013, 10:47 AM

Nice! :D I like them <3