Tall Cake
Devil Queen

Old 06-26-2013, 04:08 PM

Hello! I'm 21 years old and have been drawing since I was in 5th grade. I started off with stick figures and ended up with a comic book style very similar to pokemon and an anime style that is still comic booky. Here's a look at my transformation~ :o

URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Sonica/media/gaiaavatar-11.jpg.html]

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 06-27-2013, 01:13 AM

Another TinierMe user! :D Hi there!
I must say I really enjoy your work. Your line is is particularly awesome!

Tall Cake
Devil Queen

Old 06-27-2013, 01:39 AM

Thanks, it takes me hours just for the lineart because I am extremely o.c.d. I'm still working on coloring and details.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 06-27-2013, 02:54 AM

Ah, yes. But it makes it so clean and detailed. Very pleasing to see!
My lineart tends to be sketchy and unclean. :P

Tall Cake
Devil Queen

Old 06-27-2013, 03:48 AM

Sketchy is beautiful too. If you're too clean, it looks less detailed and almost childish, like a drawing from a coloring book. I'm working on being clean and detailed at the same time. The faces are the hardest because too much detail makes them look old. D;

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-27-2013, 09:18 PM

You've got some really nice stuff in here. It's nice to see the differentiations in your style. I really like the first image you've posted and then the stuff towards the bottom. the headshots with the wispy look to their hair are really nice too.

Tall Cake
Devil Queen

Old 06-27-2013, 11:18 PM

For me, when I first started to really get into drawing I'd try really hard to make beautiful pictures and end up with what I considered bad pictures. it was really disheartening to put in a 100% and get a picture that I wasn't happy with. so because of that I like to show my growth and maybe help others feel like they are able to do better too.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 06-27-2013, 11:24 PM

I see some of your examples are from Gaia sketches? That's where I got a lot of my practice. ; )

Something I found for anatomy (though later on your images great anatomy and you might not need it except for the practice) is posemaniacs. Their thirty second sketch feature is great if you're wanting to learn how to draw faster. : )

Tall Cake
Devil Queen

Old 06-28-2013, 01:14 AM

Thank you! when I get my computer/tablet back I'll check it out. <3 I always love practice. my anatomy is decent, but my perspective is really bad. lol