Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-23-2015, 05:01 PM

Berwald sighed for the fifth time since he left work. It didn’t even take that long to drive home, but he sighed again when he parked his car. The entire way, he couldn’t help but think about how quiet the house would be. Everything would be exactly where he left them—the dishes in the sink, the dog’s leash gathering dust on the hall table because he owned no dog that needed walking anymore. Berwald almost put music on his car to stave off the heaviness, but that would only make the oppressiveness at home worse.

No matter how much Berwald tried to avoid the truth, no one waited for him at home. That ended weeks ago already, so he might as well get over it. Tino left. Although he could look back and say it had been coming for a long time, it felt sudden at the time. They loved each other. He really thought they did. At work and with his friends, he put on a brave face, which always seemed to work for him. No one questioned his 'S'okay'. But the facts still remained.

Tino left.

missus.cellophane
Living In Shipping Hell

Old 10-24-2015, 03:53 AM

If Berwald took rejection hard, Bertram Densen took rejection like a death sentence. Perhaps he was the reason for Tino's disappearance from the Swede's life, the odd blonde stalking the house, watching and waiting for the right time to bust in. He wasn't necessarily crazy, no, but there was something in his mind that maybe wasn't quite right.

As soon as Berwald entered his home, the rich scent of a hearty soup filled his nose, and the Dane currently situated in the kitchen looked awfully comfortable, wearing a t-shirt, red pants, no shoes, and a pretty black and red apron with frills along the edges. When he heard the other come inside, he perked a little, abandoning his stirring of the Hønsekødssuppe and wiping his hands on his apron.

"Welcome home." He smiled cheerily, head tipping to the side a little cutely, "I hope I'm not running too late."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-24-2015, 05:53 PM

When Berwald walked in the door though, a clatter met his ears along with a waft of delicious scent. He froze in the doorway, so shocked that he forgot to breathe for so many seconds it made him dizzy. Or was that something else that made him dizzy? “Tino?” he murmured, but the quiet word received no answer. Something about the smell bothered him, but Berwald forced himself to walk into the house, the door slamming shut behind. A voice called out and his heart did an awful flip-flop inside of him. He realized after a second that the voice didn’t belong to his ex-boyfriend.

"Bertram?" he asked as he finally came to stand in the kitchen and took in the unusual sight. The two of them could be considered friends, maybe. Or at least they'd known each other basically their whole lives and had good moments. Not that Berwald's expression changed at this surprise. He just pushed his glasses up his nose and went to investigate the pot of food. "Whatcha doin' in my house?" Berwald felt fairly certain he locked it, like he always did.

missus.cellophane
Living In Shipping Hell

Old 10-24-2015, 06:44 PM

"I could hardly let you mope around lookin' so down after the whole Tino thing. Thought you might like to come home to a real meal, and not something you eat that's still half-frozen because you don't have the heart to fix the microwave." The other blonde smiled, watching him as he investigated the soup. "It's just chicken and dumplings, with plenty of veggies." He added, "And I started a loaf of rye bread, it should be ready to go in the oven soon."

It seemed Bertram had made himself well and at home in the other's house, padding around and even popping a piece of candy in his mouth from the dish on the island in the kitchen. "I think you've earned some loving, and even if you won't accept the bulk of my offer, I thought maybe I could feed you and we could watch that television show you like so much."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-25-2015, 05:15 AM

Berwald stared at Bertram for an extra ten seconds. Why the hell was this happening now? But rather than get upset, he just heaved a great sigh and accepted it all. It wasn't like he could kick the other man out--he doubted it would do much. Besides, as much as he hated to admit it, he didn't mind the other's presence right now and the food smelled good. He missed having someone cook for him, even if Tino's wasn't always the best.

"'M fine. Wasn't moping," he muttered. Well, maybe he had been a bit. No doubt Bertram noticing the normally impeccable surfaces had not been dusted in weeks. Not since he cleaned his entire house into a sparkling wonderland the day Tino left. He wouldn't dwell on that though. When Bertram stole the candy, his eyes narrowed into a glare as a hint of sarcasm slipped back into his voice. "Just make yerself at home, kay."

As strange as Bertram's presence in his kitchen seemed, Berwald felt relieved. Relieved and burdened, like he wanted to stay in the other man’s presence the entire day and like he needed to lock himself in his room. He couldn’t decide which one to do, so he picked something in between. "I'll be 'n the other room. Call if ya need me." With that, he retreated to the living space and his couch where he couldn't see, but still hear Bertram.