Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-20-2017, 02:55 AM

Humming, Wufei slowed his eating so he could fully appreciate the flavors. Even something simple like this felt like a joy still. He didn't think he could get used to the feel of this garden and being with Isamu no matter how long he stayed though. This sort of kindness just felt too special. "I see. I got that impression. I don't really know how to pray to a Japanese god, but I thought I would at least visit since I am staying here. It was their doing that I am here like this, right? At least according to you," he added. Though it was just a small tease. He didn't disbelieve the gods especially after visiting the shrine. "I'm glad they favor us though."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-20-2017, 10:44 PM

"My family have been faithful stewards of them for many generations, and hopefully for many generations to come. I like to think the gods, particularly that one, grant us favor from time to time because of that. But then that's just the conceit of man." He leaned back on his hands as he spoke, looking around the garden and up at the sky, "If you'd like to learn a bit more of how we pray to our gods, I could teach you. I don't know how long you intend staying, but if you're interested to learn I'd be happy to teach you. And I'm sure the god appreciated your visit last night."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-20-2017, 11:28 PM

Smiling, Wufei set aside his breakfast dishes and finally slipped on his shirt, the morning sun having dried his skin. It gave him a pleasant tingle to sit in the sun and his long-limbed body thanked him for it. "I think I will stay as long as I am welcome and until the soldiers stop looking for me. It will be hard to judge, but I'm doing myself no favors by running out immediately to try to return home." He sighed, turning his gaze to the sky as well. Above them, a lazy cloud drifted and for a half second, it looked perfect. Then a triangle of planes crossed overhead and the dream shattered. "I do want to return home, though if I can spend my time learning, then it will be worth it," he added with a smile. "So if you don't mind teaching me, I'd be more than honored.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-22-2017, 12:59 AM

"You are welcome until you no longer feel like you need to be here." Isamu said, certain in those words and that he could provide Wufei protection and comfort during that time. It was perhaps a mad thought, especially when he considered that it could be considered treason to harbor a fugitive if the soldiers were to find Wufei at their temple. But Isamu followed the paths the god laid out for him and that path was clearly tied up in Wufei; he would not deny that. "I'd be more than happy to teach you, though for now, would it be okay if we just sat for a while? We can go up to the altar later, but for now I'd just love to enjoy the stream and this day."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-22-2017, 01:58 AM

Chuckling slightly, Wufei nodded his head. "Of course, that's fine. I didn't expect that you would teach me know. I think...we have time." Maybe it was presumptuous of him to think that, knowing his own situation, but after last night, he felt he had the gods on his side. He pondered Isamu's words for a second more before responding. He too wanted to spend more time with Isamu, but he didn't want to sit. After his morning dunk in the water, his entire body felt alive with the energies of this garden. "Actually, would you like to walk with me? Just wander a little, like we have no place to go? I'm sure you have chores and such, but I've been hesitant to wander without someone by my side. I'm sure you understand..." After all, he didn't belong here.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-23-2017, 12:52 AM

Isamu nodded and pushed himself to stand, "Of course, but do you wish to stay in this garden or go see other parts of the temple. This garden is not that large, but we can explore every corner of it if you wish." Isamu said his tone light as he held out a hand to Wufei to pull the other man up, "I could show you some of the other areas of the temple as well, we have a prayer tree and a few other gardens around the temple. My parents will mostly be working around he main house today, tending the orchard and the food gardens there, so we should be safe to explore a little bit wider than this area. And I can always do my chores later."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-23-2017, 03:10 AM

Wufei hesitated for a second, but then nodded with a brief smile, answering his own questions before even voicing them. "I would love to see as much as I can and as much as you're willing to share with me. I trust you to guide me only places where I can remain safe so I will not limit the walk." Taking Isamu's hand, he let the other man pull him up and for a second, he reveled in the feel of his hand. It was strange still, how much he reveled in their small points of contact. He thought at first that he simply craved humanity after all he'd seen, but he questioned it more than that now. He kept these thoughts to himself though as he listened to Isamu's words. "All of those things sound wonderful, so lead the way. Just don't let me distract you from your chores for too long," he added with a chuckle.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 07-23-2017 at 03:15 AM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-24-2017, 09:56 PM

Isamu nodded and begin to walk through the garden, reluctant to pull his hand away from Wufei's as it caused warmth to flood his body from the area of contact. He didn't release it and decided to hope the other man wouldn't notice or wouldn't protest. "Let's start with this garden then, We can't actually find the source of the stream, it goes up high into the mountains, and beyond the lands of the temple, but if you follow along this path and then turn just right through the bushes you'll see this beautiful waterfall." He spoke as he guided them through the garden, eventually pulling them off the main path and through a few of the thicker bushes to reveal an area of the garden that housed a waterfall, smooth stones showing clearly through the crystal clear water, as long as a few decorations he had put up over the years. It was a peaceful little oasis, hidden away in this main garden, often reserved just for their family to come and relax and be near the gods.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-24-2017, 10:10 PM

Wufei followed Isamu silently, not wanting to ruin the peaceful mood that existed between them. It was a mood that went beyond words and as they came upon the waterfall, he felt glad for it. Even a gentle word would have ruined the image he first saw. Frozen with awe, Wufei watched the water slide past them with wild flickers of golden light laced throughout the clear blue. Even the sound of the water reminded him of bells. "It's beautiful," Wufei breathed, only then pulling his hand away from Isamu's. He'd welcomed the touch all through their walk, but he found himself stepping forward unbidden now just to get closer to this little paradise. "I imagine that you come here often? I know I would if I lived here..." He sighed again, just wanting to reveal in the beauty around him. And that fact that it was Isamu who showed him only made it more wondrous.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-24-2017, 10:21 PM

"It's my favorite part of this garden for sure, and I have found myself spending several hours in this space just enjoying the piece it provides. It's a bit off the main path as you can see, meant more for me and my family than visitor's to this temple. Though if the gods guide them here, we certainly wouldn't deny them this beauty." He smiled and knelt down next to the stream, running his hand briefly through the cold water. "I've sent many prayers to the gods via these waters, I always feel as if they hear me a bit better from this spot. One day, I want to build a proper shrine here, but the timing has never been right. Someday."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2017, 02:57 AM

Still watching the water, Wufei hummed in response. "I think a shrine would be beautiful here. It reminds me of the river in spring, just before the floods always come. Every day is so beautiful and if you climb the rocky path to the very top, there is an old shrine there from some century past, to bring the floods. I discovered it in my youth. It'd been forgotten but I sent a prayer there anyway and when I turned to see the river, it was as beautiful as this." He shook his head, still lost in the memory of a pure childhood that he almost forgot he had. He hoped, at least his sister might still have that kind of soul. "Is it wrong...to worry so much, that a place like this might one day soon be destroyed...?" he murmured with the darkness creeping back into his voice. Did he have no faith in the gods to protect their own? But still, he worried.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 07-25-2017 at 06:32 PM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-25-2017, 11:14 PM

"I will have to do it then, even if it's just for me. We can create shrines to places we feel particularly drawn to, just as certain shrines may draw us there to pray if it's needed. That shrine back in your home country sounds beautiful and peaceful. I'm glad it offered you a gift of time, and I'm sure the god its dedicated too enjoyed it's beauty being appreciated again after having been abandoned for so long," Isamu smile standing and moving back over to Wufei, "I think it's a natural fear to have, given the experience you've had reason and the unfortunate time period we find ourselves leaving in. We fear destruction because it could come knocking at our door at any moment. That is not bad, but I do think we should try to believe otherwise. And we shouldn't let that fear paralyze our actions. We still have to live."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-26-2017, 02:03 AM

Wufei smiled at Isamu's words, but it felt wane this time, not quite as bright and full of hope as when he first saw this waterfall. He knew his own experiences fueled this fear he felt, but he couldn't bring himself to disregard the sudden twist of unease in his gut either. It tried to tell him something and right now, he was inclined to listen. "Of course," he murmured after a minute of silence, knowing Isamu meant well and he deserved a response. "I just hope that I don't live to see that day. The day when the things I've deemed most beautiful are torn away. My real fear is that I'll watch this temple that tried so hard to save me burn to the ground in front of my eyes..." Swallowing hard, he shook his head, then forced himself to look away from the image swimming in front of his eyes as if through the heat waves of fire. "But that won't really happen right?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-26-2017, 02:50 AM

Isamu moved closer to Wufei, hand reaching out to grab the other man's again, not daring any bolder contact, but wanting to comfort the sudden gloom that had over taken him. "It may happen or it may just be a nightmare. But even if such a thing were to happen we must trust the gods have a plan for us, whether we see it as fair or not. It is not always easy to take when the world suddenly seems your enemy, but that is the life that some of us have been given. All we can do is live out each day and be happy in the small joys we find in the world the gods have granted us." As he spoke his thumb ran over Wufei's hand, and his eyes were soft, hoping that the other man would find comfort in his words.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-27-2017, 02:01 AM

Wufei squeezed Isamu's hand in response, though he didn't dare look down at the point of contact or do anything more, fearing the line that might get crossed. Still, this kind of touch comforted him, even more than Isamu's words. Turning his eyes back to the water, he watched it for a second before responding, wanting Isamu to know he felt eased by this, no matter if he really did or didn't. "You are right of course. I'm sorry, I shouldn't be getting like this," he said with a shake of his head. He didn't understand why his mood would go dark, then bright again so soon. Such things never happened before so he could only blame the war. Nothing else could turn him so strange. "I'm going to try to forget the nightmare for now, so please, show me more of the gardens. I want to see as much as I can."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-27-2017, 10:04 PM

"I think it is okay for us to have these moments, it's part of being alive, but we can't let the moments were the darkness invades up consume us or prevent us from living. We have to live despite the fear that it may all be torn from us without thought or consideration," As he spoke, he followed through on Wufei's request moving away from the quiet stream and beginning to take them to another part of the temple. "And given the times we live in, and the course your life has taken, I do believe those moments may be even more natural. But the world around us is beautiful. And the gods would wish us appreciate it, so we must push through those. And if you are not able to always, for your time here, I will always be glad to help lead you away from the darkness." He smiled gently at Wufei as he spoke this, his entire countenance kind and gentle that wish to comfort the other man feeling almost all-consuming.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-27-2017, 11:20 PM

Wufei shook his head like he wanted to push both his mood and Isamu's words away from him. It was a strange though, but he almost thought it worked. Just by trying to shrug the feelings off, they slid away, revealing his simple self underneath. "You are a wise man. I acknowledge that. But maybe, my heart is not ready to hear these words right now. Can we just watch the garden without thinking anything at all?" he sighed, as much to himself as to Isamu. He wanted his own thoughts to quiet, but Isamu stirred them up. Would the world survive this war? Would he? Should he just shut his eyes and think only of the peace right now, even though he volunteered himself to go to war, because he knew he must. After he saw his family again, he might go back. At that thought, he stopped himself, instead opening his eyes to the sights in front of him. "I imagine you have more stories of the garden and the gods as well. I'd love to hear."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-28-2017, 09:39 PM

"Of course, but talking about it may help, but let me show you some of my other favorite parts of the garden and temple, those spaces the public often sees and those that they do not." He kept moving, leading them farther from the center of the lotus garden and eventually out of it all together. He'd been feeling the need to go by the prayer tree since Wufei had first suggested this exploration, and he wasn't going to deny that need, even if logic would be to stay in the lotus garden. Once they were in front of the grand tree, he stopped and looked up into it's branches. They're were dozen wooden prayers tied to the lower hanging branches of the tree, clacking slightly in the light breeze. It was always such a beautiful thing to him and a sense of peace washed over him just stanidng under it, "We believe this tree is one of our direct paths to the god who protects us and this temple, and we write our prayers here so the wind and the branches may carry those messages to him. It was actually here where the wind first pulled me to go find you."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-30-2017, 12:36 AM

As they reached the prayer tree, Wufei lifted one arm to feel the air himself. It swirled around his arm for a second and he wondered if he imagined the slight, teasing pull against him. It almost felt as if the wind tried to drag his arm toward Isamu. He felt heat rise in his cheeks, but didn't duck his head away to hide it either. "It's beautiful," he whispered, finally letting his hand fall to his side, only mere inches away from Isamu's hand. "It makes me wonder if the gods have plans for us and just what sort of plans they are. From this very tree, it started..." His voice came out in the faintest of whispers, as if he might ruin the sanctity here if he raised his voice. But it was more than that. He felt his heart beating quicker, on fire by some unknown magic. Anxious, afraid, excited. He felt all these things at once. Just what did they mean though? What did this god want from them?

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-30-2017, 03:43 PM

"I know what you mean," Isamu said, the wind tugging at the back of his clothes, pushing him forward, so he took a slight step towards Wufei, giving in to whatever it wished, "The gods are usually as insistent in their messages to me, but it was hard to deny it that day and all that I've felt sense. We're in their hands, whatever that may mean," he didn't look away from Wufei as he spoke, unable and unwilling to, captivated by the slight flush painting the man's cheek and the reverence with which he spoke, as if feeling the sacred pull of the land. "Perhaps, we should offer a prayer ourselves to them then, something to say we trust them to lead us in the path they have deigned, I'm sure they'd appreicate it."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-30-2017, 07:26 PM

Wufei nodded once, shaken back to reality by Isamu's words. Indeed, he needed to pay homage to these gods as much as he could with all that they did for him. Looking into Isamu's eyes though, he felt no desire to move, no need to write prayers or blink, or anything really. The wind moved so gently around them that he though it created a cocoon. Just as quick as the cocoon formed though, a sharp burst of wind sent a branch harshly against his hand. He recoiled, feeling the bite just as voices sounded from the near distance. Wufei's expression closed off in an instant as he turned, realizing people walked toward them. He reached for Isamu's hand, squeezing it hard with urgency. "We should leave now."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-30-2017, 09:03 PM

Isamu glances up in the direction of the voices, not instantly recognizing meaning they're most likely visitors to the temple. He also watches as Wufei's face turns instantly to terror and so he grabs the man's hand and instantly tugs him back into the gardens, wishing to fulfill on his promise to Wufei to keep him hidden as long as possible. Once they were back in the garden, the sound of voices still able to be heard, but distant and muffled he looked over to Wufei eyes apologetic, "I'm sorry, I really wanted to show you the tree, but I had no intention of almost getting you discovered. I also believe that we may have visitor's today, so you may need to hide.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-31-2017, 02:52 AM

Wufei let out a deep breath, finding himself in the garden without recognizing a single step they took. He only thought away, they needed to get away. And here they were, safe, he hoped. For the first time since he started to trust Isamu, he'd been truly afraid. He didn't want to be that way, but still he'd felt so much alarm. "Ah, sorry. I became overconfidence and realized it only now. We would both get in too much trouble if strangers notified the authorities. I'm sure that even now soldiers are looking for me..." He shook his head, his dream state completely gone. He knew he would act more carefully from now on. What other choice did he have? His breath steadied, he could call this more than paranoia. He acted within reason, a thing he had not done since the first time he met Isamu's eyes.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-31-2017, 05:18 PM

"It's okay," Isamu said, eyes kind, but Wufei's fear reflecting back in them too. He couldn't describe the way his chest had clenched when he'd heard those voices. It felt like a flash of what Wufei must have felt for these several months, and he didn't like the way it had his heart still racing in his chest. "I think I understand some of what your fear must have been. I did not like the thought of you being discovered, especially by strangers whom I don't necessarily trust." His voice was faint as he spoke, maybe almost disbelieving that he could feel so strongly about that, "Perhaps this garden should become our space, maybe the gods are protecting us here." He looked around as if wondering if that were true, if they were truly so important that the gods would protect this space for them.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-01-2017, 12:23 AM

Wufei nodded his head once, unable to speak through the tension still gripping him. This was his life, living on borrowed time and space. He would not forget that again, even if he intended to still trust and act free around Isamu. He just knew now that the world outside chased after him. "That is probably for the best. I hope that I can still remain here for a while longer. There's so much I want to see and say." He swallowed hard as he met Isamu's eye, his expression earnest. He wanted to grab the other man's hands and remain close for far too long. Maybe he felt this way because Isamu offered kindness in his weakest moment, or maybe it was more than that. Wufei thought though that he might be starting to fall for him. Shaking his head, he managed to speak again. "I wonder if I'm going crazy. I should probably just make a run for China, but I want to stay."