PlusCandy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-24-2008, 07:21 PM

i like Faber-Castells best... every pack of prismas i have ever gotten are all broken so easily... but then i always let the pencils jump out of me hand across the room...really i dont mean to... anyway my Faber-Castells just dont brake as easily~:P also use crayolas alot... brakeing them isnt as bad as they are cheap... and they work really well~:3

Ganymede

Old 01-25-2008, 06:01 AM

I was recently introduced to colored pencils myself. Staedtler makes a colored pencil that is fairly good quality and easy to blend colors. You also get a decent quantitly and variety of colors for a reasonable price. In all honesty, though, I have found no pencils of better and smoother quality than Prismacolor. If you go to art supply stores, you can sometimes find them on sale, especially at the beginning of a fall or spring school semester.

Jali
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-25-2008, 07:16 AM

As everyone else said, Prisma all the way.
They may be a little expensive, but their DEFINITELY worth it, you'll fall in love with them right away! :3

I always hesitated to buy them for a while because of their price, but I eventually gave in and bought a decently sized pack, and their just wonderful!

Tiga_Claw
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Tiga_Claw

Old 01-26-2008, 04:33 AM

Mont Marte have a pretty good range of art supplies.

Chiisai Chiroshi
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 01-27-2008, 03:45 PM

You said: Colored pencils are my Media of choice outside of my computer program. And as much as I love colored pencils they can be a pain. So I'm asking you nice people are there any good brands of colored pencils that work well, I use crayola, which isn't very good and neither is RoseArt. I know prisma is a good one, but expensive. So what would be a good brand to use that would color smoothly, is not to expencive, and is easy to get a hold of?

My reply: I choose Roseart. Indeed Roseart is pretty cheap, but It's pretty nice.
I'm sorry I can't think of anything else.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 01-27-2008, 06:06 PM

I like erasable prisma pencils and also watercolor and chalk pastel. I don't think my quality on photoshop is equal to my old style mediums as much. Color pencil is the easiest to transport.

Cable Induced Coma
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Cable Induced Coma Send a message via Yahoo to Cable Induced Coma

Old 01-27-2008, 08:53 PM

My art teacher had some kind of them. I think Prisma..but I loved them. They worked uber well.

Tal Blaiser
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-29-2008, 09:49 AM

I usually use brand like Faber Castell and Steadler for my pencil studies and sketches... but I used Winsor & Newton when working on commissions. I haven't tried prisma brand yet.

aquadicprincessqeen
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to aquadicprincessqeen

Old 02-02-2008, 09:42 AM

I am not one for color at all tohugh I have many paints for stuff that is not pictures like if I were to paint lets say a box, my Mom also gave me the paints they were hers when she was my age the are still in good condition she perferd sowing. I also have like three sets of 72 colord pencils laying around that I will use if needed for school. But normaly unless needed I stick to my trusty number two pencils n_n they are really cheap and always work.