Faunia
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Faunia Send a message via MSN to Faunia Send a message via Yahoo to Faunia

Old 11-26-2007, 12:28 PM

I know that there are a lot of people out there that have a particular problem when it comes to drawing, be it hands, feet, or whatever. What's your personal weakness?

Oddly enough, aside from feet and hands (which I already mentioned above), I have a lot of problems drawing horizontal lines unless it's on paper that I can easily turn. When I'm drawing them on my tablet, there's usually some crazy elbow swinging going on to try and get the line just perfect, even though it usually ends up still looking bad.

manic monochrome
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to manic monochrome Send a message via MSN to manic monochrome Send a message via Yahoo to manic monochrome

Old 11-26-2007, 12:44 PM

• definitely hands and feet for me. xD
    that's why i just draw chibis.
    that way, i avoid ruining my entire drawing
    by not being able to draw the hands and feet. D:

`F o a m
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 11-26-2007, 12:44 PM

• I have trouble with hands... I can only get them right a little bit of the time.. xD
    So most of my characters that I draw have their hands behind their backs. ;P

Angelin
*^_^*

Old 11-26-2007, 01:01 PM

Almost for every artist
the problem is the hands or feet,
how I hate to redo it over and over. >,<;

Trinitydoll
(ο・㉨・&...
Banned
Send a message via MSN to Trinitydoll

Old 11-26-2007, 01:21 PM

eyes ;_;

Crappy Lia
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Crappy Lia Send a message via Yahoo to Crappy Lia

Old 11-26-2007, 01:27 PM

Definitely the length of the body, the legs, and the shape of the feet from the 3/4 bakc angle. Dx i just cant get it right!

Chips
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Chips

Old 11-26-2007, 03:15 PM

Proportions, or colouring.

I always think the head is too big and have to redo the body in lengths,
and I refuse to use tutorials so self-learned-colouring always turns out like crap.

All in the sake of learning, I guess.

Penny
*^_^*

Old 11-26-2007, 06:08 PM

At the moment specifically, the point just below the ear where the skull, neck and jaw meet is being... well a pain in the neck.
In a more general sense, on spot portraiture is downright tortuous. But I've been working hard, I can get people that I know to look like themselves in a vague, minimally shaded way. Strangers get more difficult.

Dyvn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-27-2007, 11:16 PM

For some reason, I have trouble with shoulders. They always look really awkward to me (too wide, too sharp, too sloped, etc.). And... toes. They look bad in real life, anyway, so it's very frustrating.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 11-27-2007, 11:30 PM

There is already a topic discussing which body parts are most difficult to draw on the front page. ^^ Please continue your discussion here:
http://www.menewsha.com/viewtopic.php?t=15039

Also, there is a thread discussing the difficulty of drawing straight lines with a tablet here: http://www.menewsha.com/viewtopic.php?t=25800

I'll be locking this now. :3