maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 09-29-2012, 11:42 AM

IT is true. So totally just saw the finale of the arc in the anime... ready I think to get back in line with the manga...

nimh
*^_^*

Old 10-05-2012, 02:28 AM

i've just started the anime =3 i'm on episode 35 of season one and i'm loving it so far.

maidenroseheart

Old 10-05-2012, 03:34 AM

Wow, you've done well for just starting... it gets better ^_^ what do you think about some of the characters?

nimh
*^_^*

Old 10-05-2012, 04:18 AM

i really like all of the characters. i'm particularly intrigued by Erza, Gray, and Loke. where the other characters are growing stronger it almost seems like Erza is growing weaker. she started out incredibly strong and practically invincible. then she showed a softer side when Master Makarov was attacked. she told Natsu the he was destined to best her. now i'm learning about her past, she was enslaved and incited a rebellion to save Jellal who became more or less possesed by Zeref then turned her "brother" Sho against her with lies. i'm very interested to see how this plays out. i haven't seen the conclusion to that particular conflict yet.

Gray's story was interesting to me as well. i enjoyed the conflict between him and Lyon. they had such different goals and points of view. and Gray had so much faith in Ur that he truly believed she still lived on in ice/water. his clothing removal compulsion makes me giggle. and he's utterly clueless that Juvia's stalking him.

i absolutely adore Loke. i never guessed that he was a celestial spirit. i thought it was horrid that he was banned from the celestial spirit world. for one thing Karen deserved what she got for abusing Airies. and two, Loke had no idea that she'd died. not to mention that Karen was stupid enough to try something she knew she couldn't do.

Lucy has grown a lot in what i've seen. she started off quite weak but she's progressed nicely. she seemed kinda self centered and proud of her "womanly charms". but she learned how to do a forced gate closure. she acquired Virgo and Loke/Leo. she summoned all of her celestial spirits at once when she was arguing with the celestial spirit king. and she stood up to her father which i didn't think she would. i thought Natsu, Gray, and Erza would come rescue her.

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 10-05-2012, 05:00 AM

I have to try so hard not to spoil anything. I can't wait for the anime to catch up to the manga again.

maidenroseheart

Old 10-05-2012, 05:40 AM

Erza still is one of the strongest. You will notice that the first few fights you see with a character when they are introduced show them at their best. Which sucks when bad guys are introduced because they womp everyone else. However, then you are shown other aspects of them: pasts, fears, weaknesses, loves....

Gray's love for Ur in believing her to be alive in the ice and then later on in the melted ice has some basis. Though she isn't really alive, her memories very much are and will come to play a part later with another person that in a part of Ur's life.

Completely agree with Loke. He is a really cool character. I wish there had been a way for Karen to reform instead of dying, yet it does show a side of humanity that exists where people think they are above other life forms for one reason or another: race, religion, etc. This show, for all it's epicness and comedy, is full of moral lessons and tidbits to remember. My favorite theme is that your friends become your family and they will strengthen you just as you must live your best for them.

Lucy is very much that preppy girl in high school that many people automatically hate. I love how this show developed her into a caring person while keeping her personality. You can watch her grow stronger while seeing through her eyes the lessons on what friends are there for and what you can do for them too. Initially she did irritate me a little, but I have come to find her to be the rational one when everyone else loses their cool within the guild itself.

One person to keep an eye on is Cana. She is the one with brown hair and drinks a lot. At this point, she is my favorite character simply because in her life, she keeps trying. Sometimes we all get down and threatened to give up our goals, but despite this attitude the only way forward really is to keep trying. Her story is extremely similar to my own and so maybe that is why I like her so much.

---------- Post added 10-05-2012 at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tntk_2 View Post
I have to try so hard not to spoil anything. I can't wait for the anime to catch up to the manga again.
We start with the manga again this weekend I think. The anime finished the extra arc it was on so... yeah ^_^

nimh
*^_^*

Old 10-05-2012, 03:09 PM

quite agreed. i really like that theme as well, it's very touching probably because i can relate a little. ahhh how interesting, i hope i can manage to find all the episodes/seasons online. i'd like to continue watching the series.

maidenroseheart

Old 10-06-2012, 04:43 AM

Watch Fairy Tail Episodes Online | AnimeSeason.com works well for me... my back up is Fairy Tail | AnimeAVENUE

nimh
*^_^*

Old 10-06-2012, 04:47 AM

*gasps softly* THANK YOU! ! ! <3

maidenroseheart

Old 10-06-2012, 04:52 AM

your welcome dear