Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-26-2007, 05:55 AM

I tried looking for this topic but I couldn't find one x.x

So I finished this anime a little bit ago. It's a really great anime and it always keeps me on edge. I'm always wondering what's going to happen next.

The main character, Light Yagami, is like a mix of a protagonist and an antagonist, yet has other protagonists working against him.

Any one else watch this?
What are your opinions?

Megumi
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-26-2007, 05:57 AM

i watch it :3 Light sucks, L rules thats my opinion, and my other opinion is that it's a awesome anime series so far of what I've seen. Also i find the characters very great, their motives, and what they think.

Gush
*^_^*
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Gush Send a message via MSN to Gush

Old 11-26-2007, 05:58 AM

I saw like the first episode, but I'm really not all that into Anime, so I stopped watching it.

xD

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 11-26-2007, 06:01 AM

Yes! I have the the whole manga set and I have seen the anime series! ^-^ In my opinion, the anime was much better. It moved at a faster pace than the manga did. I also like the anime ending as well... ;_; Don't worry, no spoilers unless you want them! ^-^

Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-26-2007, 06:20 AM

@Megumi- I like L as well, but Light is my favorite in my opinion. He's very intelligent and his motives make sense. He's so unpredictable, but so is L in that case. They're both so awesome~

@Gush- Awh, you should really start watching more anime. There may be some series that you don't like and some that you do. You're really missing out~ ;]

@a-o w a-o- I had heard that many of the conversations were left out in the anime itself as opposed to the manga. How many books were in the manga set?

Morgant Hael
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-26-2007, 06:35 AM

In my opinion, Death Note is one of the rare anime/manga to become hellishly popular... that is actually worthwhile.

Very cool, though I'm not so fond of the second arc. :x

Chips
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Chips

Old 11-26-2007, 04:03 PM

While it was first airing, I wouldn't have expected it to become as popular as it has.

Worthwhile watch,
it's a shame that some of the best characters are only around for either the first or second half of the series.
Mello is by far my favourite of them all.

Runihura
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Runihura

Old 11-26-2007, 05:05 PM

I watched it like a motnh before they announced they were putting it on Adult Swim. Gah, I didn't even need to download it XD But I'm glad I did, watching it all at once gave me the full experience.
It's a great anime, very dynamic, incredibly stressful. for those who have watched it or know the spoilers, or are goig to look it up, episode 25 was incredibly sad but kinda shounen-ai there for a moment.

Chips is right on how kickass Mello is XD But oddly enough to say, I'm a Near fan. People can call him a crappy L ripoff all they want, I find him the msot adorable crazy kid in existance.
And then I'm a Kira supporter.

Rmarques
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Rmarques

Old 11-26-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced-anime

@a-o w a-o- I had heard that many of the conversations were left out in the anime itself as opposed to the manga. How many books were in the manga set?
The manga has 12 books.

And personally, I sorta, kinda liked and agreed with Light before he became batshit crazy and started to kill people for commiting the horrible crime of doing their job.

Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-27-2007, 03:27 AM

@Runihara- I always watch the subtitled versions before I watch them on t.v. xD I'm a hardcore streamer. Adult swims' dubs are okay, but I don't feel they're as good as they could be, though most of the words are dead on on most of them, as opposed to 4kids xD

@Rmarques- That's not too bad. I'm going to buy them soon x.x
&& Light killed them because they were interfering. It's either him, or them. They're the ones who went against the idea of an ideal world. It's not too crazy xD

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 11-27-2007, 03:50 PM

I bought the first manga about two days ago... I really like it. <3 I saw part of an episode a few weeks ago--but I was half-asleep; I don't really remember that much of it. I like the drawings, though. As far as Light vs. L.... Light's idea makes sense--L could come around to his way of thinking? (I know it won't happen. D: )

~Eclair~
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-27-2007, 06:20 PM

I can understand Light wanting to make the world a better place, but L is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better. Love L.^_^

Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-28-2007, 05:35 AM

@Wordstreamer- Unfortunately, L doesn't like to lose xD He wouldn't want it any other way. The "Light vs. L" thing I mean.

@Eclair- L is pretty cool. A little too persistent, but I suppose it's necessary. Also, his sugar consumption is crazy D: How is he capable of eating so much?

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 11-28-2007, 06:05 AM

I tried watching it... I really did. D; But, the Light guy was getting on my nerves.. he's pretty insane to me. xDD; So... I stopped.. 'cause I don't like to watch crazy emo people who like writing down names in a book and then pretty much murdering them.. :lol:

Runihura
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-28-2007, 01:49 PM

L's sugar addiction explains his insomniac appearance and whatnot ;D
Not to mention he's jsut crazy.
I like Adult Swim. Maybe because half of their animes include my future husband Steven Blum and therefore my opinion is biased, but heck I just love Steven.
And the only voice that bothers me on the english dub is Ryuk. He can do the cackle, but it just doesn't sound like Ryuk. Kinda more...demonized >.0;
Kira bothered me at first but as it turns out the trailer was just a really really bad job. I always liked Brad Swaile anyways. He's my favorite gundam pilot pothead <33 (Lets face it, Dearka had to be on drugs)
And I enjoy how they remembered L was english ;D

Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-29-2007, 05:21 AM

@Suppi- But that's what makes it good o.o

@Runihara- Good point, I hadn't realized that. It really does seem like he never sleeps. I was upset about what happened to him though ;-; He had it coming, but still.
I never liked Ryuk to begin with. He's kinda wierd. As for the voice acting, I really didn't mind it either way.
I've never seen the trailer, but it was probably Kira killing the entire time, right? xD
&& L was english? o-o

clock
tick tock

Old 11-29-2007, 07:38 AM

Aww, I love Ryuk. ;D He just wants to have fun.

Runihura
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-29-2007, 02:22 PM

L's from the Wammy house which is in england, he was raised in england. And I must say, Lawliet is hardly a japanese last name.
Same wih Near (Nate Rivers) and Mello (Mehael Kaehl or however you spell that crack name)
...and Matt << >>

Yeah...it's Kira talking and lots of death scenes xD

I lvoe Ryuk because he's hilarious, the best comedic relief in the show.

Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-01-2007, 05:52 AM

You're right. I hadn't taken into account that that place was in England. I didn't know L's real name though xD
I like Near. He reminds me of L, only a little smarter, despite the fact that he was a successor. And as for Mello, I don't like him that much. I wish he would've died when he was up against Light's father >.<
Ryuk is okay, but I just don't see him as comic relief. In any other anime, it's a little more obvious, but in this one the tragedy takes away from the idea that there could possibly be any comic relief xD I mean, he likes apples and laughs whenever things get interesting. It's just not there for me.

MystiTrinqua
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-05-2007, 11:00 PM

Raito (Light) Yagami is the true personification of the phrase 'The road to hell is paved with good intentions'. Though I did find it funny that when I searched on DeviantArt for Raito pictures, there was one based from the episode where he's madly flicking his pen about and laughing evilly while writing names (I swear, he has the most awesome evil laugh XD). The last scene is Raito leaning back in his chair panting after all said pen-swishing, and there's Ryuk in the back of the shot going 'This is like sex for you, isn't it'. Just cracked me up, that did.

L, however, is just as crazy in his own cute way. I like him too. Episode 25 broke my heart. v.v! The constant sugar was a great running joke. The fun thing about L is the AMV someone made to the song 'I Must Be Emo'.

Misa was just pfft.

I liked the first half but stopped watching at episode 27. I did however skip and watch the very last episode, so I know how it ends ^-^!

Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-08-2007, 08:35 AM

I saw that pic in a deviant account as well. I thought it was pretty hilarious too. There are so many things that they overdramatacise in the anime, yet I love it when stuff like that happens, like when he eats that one chip xD

L was <3 Well even Mello had his chocolate addiction and Near played with his hair and his toys excessively.

I liked Misa for a while. When she owned a Death Note she was pretty cool, but when she turned normal it took her awesomeness away.

The last episode was cool. Light just wouldn't stop xD I was upset about the ending though. I wondered how he'd rule as Kira for a few more years if it were to continue.

Blacksheep poet
\ (•◡•) /
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Blacksheep poet

Old 12-08-2007, 07:08 PM

I watched it and loved how Light is a cold blooded killer yet he is doing it for the good of everyone...

I love Kira! If I had the death note in my possesion then all would fear me... I would basically do the same thing the Light did...

Also, I don't hate Light(duh) or L... Can't I like them both!?

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-09-2007, 05:30 AM

watching it on [AS]
Brad Swaile, seriously cant believe that he's Light...i am so use to his Cutie Boy's with High Pitched Voices- roles :)

"I take a potato chip...and EAT IT!"

i might read the manga after the anime...since it has gotten my interest now. i'm never really good with hype.

seeing and hearing Ryuk be so cheerful in the "Glare" episode, was cute.

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-11-2007, 07:16 PM

Oooohhh my goodness, I just have to say that death note is fricking AMAZING...even though light is the 'bad guy' you still want him to win! At least I do, and for me, that truly is a sign of a good movie/series/TV show is if the main character is a bad guy and you WANT the bad guy to win. The creators of the series really did an amazing job with it.

I was a little sad about the ending...I won't ruin it for anyone but I did think that it was fitting, and I kind of saw it coming. XD

Light and L totally rock my world. <3

.LeianneLeDisko

Old 12-11-2007, 11:36 PM

Death note,is by far my favorite anime/manga.
Though I like fruits basket,and the manga set for KH.Alot. (:

L is my favorite character.He just has this little cuteness about him,that I just can't help but love. Lol.