ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-15-2018, 03:08 AM

Suona: Kent:

for our reference, here's the prompt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
Love Story! Group Contest!
Tis the season for a good love story, ya? And what does every good love story need?? Why some conflict of course
Feuding sides are a staple for a good romance. Just look at Romeo and Juliet or West Side Story.
What I want you to do here, is make a crew, clan, or squad of your own. A Mene friendly gang, we don't condone violence here.
The winners won't only get the gold, but the girl... or boy. Your choice

*This is first and foremost a group contest! Grab your party of 3-6 users and you can begin!
*You all need to have one item that unifies you all. (e.g. bandana, jacket, eye patch, whatever)
*Your group colors should all match, BUT you can't have the same color combinations as any other group.
*You need a name for your gang.
*No cosplays for this please!

and we also need a gang name! so, to start off, what are some ideas for the item that unifies us all? i'm a fan of the valentino eyepatches, the bandanas, or maybe something handheld.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-15-2018, 03:14 AM

I sorta like matching jackets or hoodies. o:

EDIT: Oh! Or we can be the heart buddy gang and each have different heart buddies? * o*
XD

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-15-2018, 03:16 AM

ooh, i like that too!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-15-2018, 08:26 AM

Sorry if I have a tough time responding in here. I'm in a weird time zone compared to others and work nights. @__@;; I'll do my best, though!

Heart buddies might be hard to make avis to go with that are sort of cohesive, too. Or rather, I'm wondering about the color scheme, since no two groups can have the same. Heart buddies are rather black, red, and white, and I imagine that another group will be doing that for V-day already, perhaps.

Maybe brainstorm what our group does and decide what type of clothes we should wear?

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-15-2018, 01:22 PM

Hmm, I wonder how many groups there are now. Since no one has submitted yet I think we’re sorta free to have any colors if we are the first to submit.

There are peach, atlantis, pink, purple, and chocolate geart buddies too. D: But that was just a sudden thought anyway. X3 And I liked the idea of the gang being called the Heart Buddies. XD

I still like a unified jacket too. Maybe the true love jacket?

Edit: Ah. I noticed another group is pretty much done. Their colors are red, black, and silver.

Last edited by Kent; 02-15-2018 at 01:36 PM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-15-2018, 06:08 PM

i like the idea of matching jackets, but i think Su is right that we should think about what our group does. should we be good or bad? a couple of my ideas: a gang who want to spread the valentines spirit in a variety of ways (magic, ray gun, virus), a gang who's out to get cupid and undo all his work, or a group who never got valentines as kids so now they're out to steal all the valentines from everyome else. also, i'm a really big fan of unusual color schemes, which i think works best with a "bad" group.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-15-2018, 06:16 PM

I want to be a good gang. D: Spreading spirit through magic sounds nice. o: What color combos are unusual? o:

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-15-2018, 06:55 PM

Okay, a color scheme. Hmm. How many colors do we want? I have a lot of items, so I could probably go with anything, but what do you guys have?

Jackets could be okay, depending on the jacket. They're usually pretty clunky, and might make layering, and thus reprisenting a story, a little tough. And it would have to all be the exact same style jacket. But remember that we don't have to be doing items or colors just from the event commons right now. It can be anything.

Also, I find the description for this contest to be really strange and vague. Like, what do they actually want? What is the group supposed to be for? A gang? Romeo and Juilet? What? It makes it sound like we're supposed to tell a love story, but then talks about gangs. I really don't know what it is asking for, which makes it hard to narrow down a look.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-15-2018, 07:23 PM

At least three or four colors sounds good. I’m fine with buying more commons so most colors are okay with me. I feel like pink should be one of them. > o>

I think the true love jacket I suggested isn’t too clunky, but I guess I’d want something that comes in more colors??

That is interesting to think about. Apparently we are on one side of a feud and we’re also trying to win a person’s affection?? I wonder if we should come up with who our enemy clan/gang is and whose affection we’re vying for.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-15-2018, 08:12 PM

Are you including accent colors like black/white or gold/silver in your color count?

Well, giz's group did a vampire coven with "love bites," which doesn't seem like a gang or vying, which is why I'm confused. The description is so amgibuous that it makes it hard to narrow it down to what is accepted. Another group is looking to do a Shakespearean theme, it seems.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-15-2018, 08:21 PM

Yes, I am.

I think that’s just because they didn't put much thought into the category’s theme. Seems they just decided on colors and one item and went from there. They decided on the group name after they made their avis too. We’re free to interpret it how we want, I guess. Vampires are a clan though. XP

---------- Post added 02-15-2018 at 03:22 PM ----------

I like what you’re coming up with for your avi. * o* Is that for this category? o wo

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-15-2018, 08:29 PM

Okay, then I agree. Perhaps 2-3 regular colors and 2 accents?

Yeah! I'm fiddling with ideas. I have to go to work in an hour, though. Seems the event ends in exactly a day! I've been working so much that I didn't realize so much time had passed. @__@;;

Are you referring to the Tough Love jacket in the event store? I can't find a true love one.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-15-2018, 08:37 PM

Sounds good. o uo

Yeah, I know! The countdown makes me panic! XD I still want to make more avis! D:

No, I’m referring to a really old common called true love jacket. There’s a whole set of true love items.

---------- Post added 02-15-2018 at 03:38 PM ----------

Totally love what you’re coming up with. > w< Maybe we could all have wings or that shawl/jacket thing you have on?

---------- Post added 02-15-2018 at 03:39 PM ----------

Ugh, keeps getting cuter and cuter! XD

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-15-2018, 08:44 PM

Could you link me to a jacket? The marketplace was not cooperating with me today

That's possible! We could be cupids helpers? Want to try out some outfits and see what you like? I'm just trying on items and seeing what happens. Haha. Having to really rush it! D:

lol Thank you!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-15-2018, 08:51 PM

Here you go: http://www.menewsha.com/marketplace/...hp?itemid=1318

That sounds cute~ Yeah, I’m gonna work on it after I get home. o wo

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-15-2018, 08:56 PM

Oooh, those ones! I like how billowy they are. But might be hard with just those colors, and the other is black and red so that's a no-go. But we can always give it a try. I don't think I own one yet.

I start work in an hour, and then won't be home for 9 hours, so I won't be able to help much today. I'll try to remember to check back in here on my lunch, but I don't have much time then. I'll see what you two have been working on and I'll go from there.

---------- Post added 02-15-2018 at 12:56 PM ----------

ghostPastry: any ideas?

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-15-2018, 09:04 PM

i’m on my phone because i’m at school, but I really love the direction you're going with Su! and i have those wings so we could totally make that the shared item. and Kent can still wear the jacket with the color scheme pink/white/gold, i think! are we gonna do backgrounds? and i love the idea of a Cupid's Helpers gang. :D

i'll be home around 8:30-9pm EST, so i'll start working on something then. sorry to make you guys wait. :S

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-15-2018, 09:10 PM

@Suona - Yeah, now I want to suggest recolors of that set of items. XD Maybe for next Valentine’s too. > u>

I’m heading home now. Hope it all works out for the three of us. XD The wings def sound like a good shared item. I’m okay with doing backgrounds, but we’ll see what happens. X3

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-15-2018, 09:11 PM

lol We're all going to be busting it out last minute So long as we get it done in time.

Awesome! Yeah, Kent can definitely still use the jacket with this color scheme.

Name could be something like "Love Crusaders" or the like, maybe. Maybe we each do something different to help?

I'm wondering about a background as well.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-15-2018, 09:17 PM

aw, i like Love Crusaders! the only trouble for me with backgrounds is i don't have many good background items with this color scheme... i'm sure i could piece something together but it probably won't match you two's. D:

omg, recolors of the true love/pure hatred set would be so great!! i love those items and wish i could use them more.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-15-2018, 09:26 PM

I'm worried about backgrounds making it too much and distracting from the avi, you know? But I wonder if we would seem to barren if all the other groups do have backgrounds. We could always make our avis as they are and then decide if a single background could fit them all?

---------- Post added 02-15-2018 at 01:26 PM ----------

And yes! I so vote for recolors of those cute jackets.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-15-2018, 09:27 PM

Love Crusaders sound cool. o wo

You can borrow my extras. I have at least one extra of most CIs~

Right? > w<

---------- Post added 02-15-2018 at 04:30 PM ----------

Yeah, that sounds like a good plan, Suona. Want to work on the outfit first. X3

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-15-2018, 09:33 PM

Awesome! Sounds like a plan. I have to go now, but wish you guys luck!

---------- Post added 02-15-2018 at 06:05 PM ----------

On lunch. How’s it coming along?

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-16-2018, 02:45 AM

this is what i've got so far, what do you guys think? my guy helps cupid by playing romantic music to set the mood for lovers~

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-16-2018, 03:14 AM

Not bad. O: Maybe more white around the arms? Like gloves? I'm not sure I like the face and hair much, but it could just be my preference. > u>; It just feels silly.

And sorry I haven't started on mine yet. I had some design/art contest entries for another site I had to do that were due at midnight and I really wanted to finished those. Finished them just now and gonna start making avis! > w<